PDA

View Full Version : Rabbits for pets?

XtrmWakeborder
02-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Any of you guys have rabbits for pets? I found a rabbit in the front yard a couple days ago and was going to take it to the animal shelter tomorrow, but my conscience "sp" and g/f won't let me do it. What do I need to take care of these things?:rolleyes:

Kindsvater Flat
02-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Cotton tails are best eating.

Tom Brown
02-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Do you like jelly beans?

acatitude
02-04-2007, 10:25 PM
kill it and eat it

XtrmWakeborder
02-04-2007, 10:41 PM
yah i know, i got screwed into it....

Tom Brown
02-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Rabbits can be Ok pets if they are handled and domesticated from birth. As adults, they will always be scared of you and won't care for being picked up.
Also, they like to chew. If you let them loose, you will find that all of your electrical appliances will cease to function over time.
Personally, I think they are lousy pets but I suppose they are no worse than a guinea pig if you raise them from birth.
I wouldn't do it. We have rabbits running all over the place here. I always drive past two or three as I pull out of my garage. Why can't you just leave it to roam the outdoors?

Phat Matt
02-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I used to have a bunny as a pet when I was a kid. It used to mount my cousins guinea pig.

Tom Brown
02-04-2007, 11:19 PM
I used to have a bunny as a pet when I was a kid. It used to mount my cousins guinea pig.
I had a guinea pig when I was a kid and a buddy of mine had a rabbit. They are extremely similar animals. I have no doubt they would happily copulate and kick out a litter of healthy bunny pigs for all to enjoy.
I wonder if they would get into that the way I get into asian ladies? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Phat Matt
02-04-2007, 11:25 PM
I had a guinea pig when I was a kid and a buddy of mine had a rabbit. They are extremely similar animals. I have no doubt they would happily copulate and kick out a litter of healthy bunny pigs for all to enjoy.
I wonder if they would get into that the way I get into asian ladies? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
Not sure.
My bunny screamed pretty loud when it died though. What do asians sound like?

Tom Brown
02-04-2007, 11:30 PM
My bunny screamed pretty loud when it died though. What do asians sound like?
I don't know.
Are there any Vietnam vets who can answer this for us?

Phat Matt
02-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't know.
Are there any Vietnam vets who can answer this for us?
My bunnies name was Charlie. Does that count for anything? :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-05-2007, 07:29 AM
We had rabbits for pets when we were kids. My brothers was very nice, almost like a cat, but mine was a b!tch. She would bite and killed her babies. She was just whacked in the head. Is this rabbit you found a domestic one? If so, some little child is probably missing it, you should put up some signs. If it is not, I would not keep it. Leave it wild. If it is domestic, and you keep it, make sure in the summer you keep a 2 liter of ice water in the hutch during the day, or it will cook outside. I have seen more poor rabbits die in someone's backyard. It's really sad. Most feed stores will sell hutches pre-made. The food is cheap.

phebus
02-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Bunnies are cute, but rabbits are nothing but smelly, pooping, peeing machines.
Pass.

Baja Big Dog
02-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Rabbits would have beena treat in Nam...I didnt eat any but know buddies that thought rats were a real treat over there!!
Bunnies done right taste like chicken!!:D

phebus
02-05-2007, 07:53 AM
I suggest a goldfish. Much easier to dispose of their carcas when you get tired of them.

KreatinKaos
02-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Rabbit stew tastes great :devil:

Do F150's Float?
02-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Any of you guys have rabbits for pets? I found a rabbit in the front yard a couple days ago and was going to take it to the animal shelter tomorrow, but my conscience "sp" and g/f won't let me do it. What do I need to take care of these things?:rolleyes:
Nooo way! I found one running around my truck last year, caught it and named him Pancake. He was totally awesome, but i felt bad because i didn't really have time for him (and he pooped a lot...LOL), so i gave him to a friend who has had bunnies for a really long time. Anyways, he's totally happy now!
It was a trip to people when i took him to Petco in a purse though :D
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/LuckyPenny71x/bunny1.jpg

superdave013
02-05-2007, 09:04 AM
they do flips assholes over ears when you shoot them with a 12ga.

HM
02-05-2007, 09:06 AM
they do flips assholes over ears when you shoot them with a 12ga.
They just fall over with a .22 caliber pellet gun - shot to the skull. Thwack.

Jordy
02-05-2007, 09:07 AM
I suggest a goldfish. Much easier to dispose of their carcas when you get tired of them.
True dat!!! It's a real pain trying to get that rabbit to flush down. :D

Ziggy
02-05-2007, 09:27 AM
That is one kind of pet you never get any kind of return other than fertilizer. Wabbits generally do not liked to be cuddled, held or loved. IMHO they are strictly a burden to the owners.