PDA

View Full Version : Are there any RC electric heli buffs on the board ?

spectras only
02-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Just got my new electric heli setup . So far it's pretty good . Canopy is off to do some tuning .
Here's a short video > http://media.putfile.com/Walkera-60B

jackpunx
02-05-2007, 09:32 AM
I just got the same one.. I got the beginner balls on mine.. I cant seem to get mine to fly that stable yet..LOL:D

Mr. Naudio
02-05-2007, 09:39 AM
i got the one without the rear rotor or collective pitch
thats next

spectras only
02-05-2007, 09:39 AM
JP , what model do you have ? I also have a micro MS Composit , an old all aluminum Schluter gasser ,and got my son an Align Trex 450 SE for christmas .

Mr. Naudio
02-05-2007, 09:40 AM
I just got the same one.. I got the beginner balls on mine.. I cant seem to get mine to fly that stable yet..LOL:D
had same prob had to get up high enough real fast (about 2-3 feet)so it wouldnt wash itself out in small area much easyer without the balls

jackpunx
02-05-2007, 09:47 AM
I got the sabre.. You think I should try it with out the balls?
When I get it out of its wash its much easier.. but still not stable.. seems to have a lot more input than I would like.. they said there is an adjustment for it... but the holes need to be drilled out more

spectras only
02-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Stay with the balls until you achieve a fairly stable hover . If you fly on grassy area without an extension w/balls ,the landing gear can get caught tipping the heli over . You want to stay out of the downwash , so try to walk the heli . It is more stable if you can manage to keep the heli min 3' above ground . I assume , you did balance the blades , and checked blade tracking .

jackpunx
02-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Stay with the balls until you achieve a fairly stable hover . If you fly on grassy area without an extension w/balls ,the landing gear can get caught tipping the heli over . You want to stay out of the downwash , so try to walk the heli . It is more stable if you can manage to keep the heli min 3' above ground . I assume , you did balance the blades , and checked blade tracking .
I just followed the directions on the blades. When they are dialed in.. it dosnt wabble.. I have had it in a good hover but it seems to have a mind of its own.. I just need some more practice:)