PDA

View Full Version : What Impressed You @ The Show?

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Some of the things that impressed me at the show were:
1) DCB. I am definitely not a cheerleader for DCB, but I can see why a lot of people are. Their fit and finish along with creature comforts is OUTSTANDING. Their new hatch lifting device on Bob Teague's 32 is over the top, they added stereo controlls to the steering wheel of one 32 (board member's I believe), rigging is flawless, etc. I have to say that DCB definitely brought their "A" game. Not 100% sure if I like their deckboat or not, but still has the same DCB quality that their other models do.
2) Schiada. Always flawless and classic styling. The Herbst 21 was over the top.
3) Ultra. The gel designs are incredible and the way they spray the boats definitely puts them at the top of the game. I loved the gel on their big deep V that is in the back of their booth and up against the walk way. I definitely have to say that it was the best gel design of the show (in my opinion).
4) Beef Jerky. Definitely yummy!!!
There were quite a few "custom" manufacturers that definitely did not bring their "A" game. Several times I found myself thinking that they were crazy to be representing their company that way. You can definitely tell when someone rushed their boats to get done just to make the show.
What did you like/dislike about the show?

Eliminator 4 Life
02-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Why did u sit there drooling over our 22 then:D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I was pretty fond of the 22' Daytona. I want one please. :D
And the beef jerky was definately yummy. LOL :)
Oh and the best part of the show was definately our clique/gang. :D I had a great time. ;)

riverbound
02-05-2007, 10:49 AM
The Bloody mary's were pretty good.... I had way too many of them. :(
The Jerky pretty much kicked ass too ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
02-05-2007, 10:49 AM
I was pretty fond of the 22' Daytona. I want one please. :D
And the beef jerky was definately yummy. LOL :)
Anything for you Linda:D

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Why did u sit there drooling over our 22 then:D
The 22 is definitely a nice boat, but it isn't for me. ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
02-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Some of the things that impressed me at the show were:
1) DCB. I am definitely not a cheerleader for DCB, but I can see why a lot of people are. Their fit and finish along with creature comforts is OUTSTANDING. Their new hatch lifting device on Bob Teague's 32 is over the top
$6k option from what was explained to me.....Definitely trick
I like the Howard Deck, but then again I'm biased. :)

Jyruiz
02-05-2007, 10:53 AM
What impress me was, Throttle having a cooler full of beer for anybody who stopped by. :)

dumbandyoung
The DCBs obviously made me wet my pants.
I really like the Ultra 26 Deck. The storage up front was really cool.
The Eliminator Coupe was bad ass!
I didn't see Conquest there. I was hoping to see their new cat. I was also looking forward to seeing Shockwave's cat.

RiverDave
I've been waiting to read a thread like this sense I didn't get to go.. :(
All I've read so far is that people weren't impressed with the new DCB 26' Deckboat. I was hoping someone would put up some pics of it, but I haven't seen any yet.
RD

Eliminator 4 Life
02-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Well definaltey the 22 is a impressive lil rocket and I really love the colors on our 30 daytona infact there might be a new boat in the works. I also like the colors on our 25 daytona and the 38 eagle.
And of course the 36 coupe is very impressie with the push buttom hatches...

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 10:56 AM
$6k option from what was explained to me.....Definitely trick
I like the Howard Deck, but then again I'm biased. :)
I can believe $6K. I would bet that the aluminum in that ram was at least $1K (not counting the aluminum hyd cyl). Then add machine time, finishing, installation, fasteners, etc... It all adds up, but it is VERY impressive.
Unfortunately I didn't get an opportunity to stop by Howard and check out their boats. :( I can believe that they brought their "A" game just off of past performance. :) I also wanted to check out the Spectre booth, but never got to it. :(

MR HARLEY
02-05-2007, 11:02 AM
All I've read so far is that people weren't impressed with the new DCB 26' Deckboat. I was hoping someone would put up some pics of it, but I haven't seen any yet.
Here ya go RD.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/RYLEND/Img_0296.jpg
Entrance shot of the bow area.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/RYLEND/Img_0297.jpg

riverbound
02-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I've been waiting to read a thread like this sense I didn't get to go.. :(
RD
I wasnt impressed with the DCB deck either. there seemed to be a lot of things that werent up to DCB standards (maybe this one was just thrown together for the show??)

riverbound
02-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Well definaltey the 22 is a impressive lil rocket and I really love the colors on our 30 daytona infact there might be a new boat in the works. I also like the colors on our 25 daytona and the 38 eagle.
And of course the 36 coupe is very impressie with the push buttom hatches...
The 22 is beautiful, except for the rear hatch area.

UnionJack
02-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Adrenaline powerboats 30' Vee was pretty hot

Havasu_Dreamin
02-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Adrenaline powerboats 30' Vee was pretty hot
Agreed, did not get a chance to see it up close but walked by it after setting up and it looked real nice.....

shockwaveharry
02-05-2007, 11:16 AM
The Eliminator Coupe is a very fine piece of equipment.
The capped conquest was the "Belle of the Ball".
Nordic's "prototype" carbon Blaze buried in the back looked great.
Between the bikini fashion show and Nikki, "Miss Latin America" in the Extreme booth, I spent alot of time downstairs getting impressed... :D
Oh, and after years of denial, I officially became a pontoon boat fan this year! I want a 28 foot, big block I/O with a wood grain dash, hydraulic super-sized Bimini, off shore controls, the right gages and that over-stuffed, ultra suede type seating with lots of room to lounge around...
How'd I miss the jerky????

boatnam2
02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
i think dcb's are the shiit but that one just dosen't say deck boat to me...more like a open bow cat with a flat spot up front to jump off of....

Not So Fast
02-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Here ya go RD.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/RYLEND/Img_0296.jpg
Entrance shot of the bow area.
Pretty doubtful that the entry metal will be used except in the east, certainly not here in Arizona, can you say blistered feet. Probably just for the show huh? NSF

MR HARLEY
02-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Pretty doubtful that the entry metal will be used except in the east, certainly not here in Arizona, can you say blistered feet. Probably just for the show huh? NSF
Probably just some extra bling for the show. ;)

Boatlesss
02-05-2007, 11:45 AM
The Eliminators were good. A lot of boats and a huge layout of space there. DCB's were good, but that food line would bug the crap out of me if I were them.
Nordic had a nice BIG cat and that V bottom was wild looking. I think they should have had a paint job on them and they would have looked a lot better.
Spectre had a nice Cig. ??? Their cats looked good also.
Lavey had some wild colors, I think they are in the 70's again with their color options.
Hallet had "RED" in their booth. I think it's time for a change with their looks. An update is desperately needed.
The Adrenaline V 30 was there, but the wind screens were scratched on top??? Nice lines
The Ultra cats looked nice as well.
Not a real large crowd though, anyone hear how sales are going?

rivercrazy
02-05-2007, 11:48 AM
What surprised me was the amount of orange peel in some of the boatbuilders gelcoats. Especially in the fades.....

Cole Trickle
02-05-2007, 11:50 AM
I was impressed that Harley acted like he knew me in the DCB booth:D:jawdrop:
I was also impressed by how much Lift Daves hair was able to achieve standing still.;)
There was alot of stuff that I liked at the show....The Ultra 26' Deck was one of them that is actually attainable for me.(I really want one:idea: )
Honestly I thought X-Factors DCB F-29 was the sweetest boat at the show.Clean as can be with all the DCB attention to detail we have become used too!!!!
Teagues F-32 was rediculous I can't wait to hear what numbers it throws down with the huge power and #6's.:devil: :jawdrop:

XFactor
02-05-2007, 11:52 AM
I thought the Ultra deckboat with the 525 was awesome. I also liked the Adrenaline 30v and the 40 Hallett with twin 700 mercs. My favorite had to be the DCB F29 with the twin 7-10s. ;) Then again, I might be a little biased. :D

XFactor
02-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I was impressed that Harley acted like he knew me in the DCB booth:D:jawdrop:
I was also impressed by how much Lift Daves hair was able to achieve standing still.;)
There was alot of stuff that I liked at the show....The Ultra 26' Deck was one of them that is actually attainable for me.(I really want one:idea: )
Honestly I thought X-Factors DCB F-29 was the sweetest boat at the show.Clean as can be with all the DCB attention to detail we have become used too!!!!
Teagues F-32 was rediculous I can't wait to hear what numbers it throws down with the huge power and #6's.:devil: :jawdrop:
Thanks CT. I agree with you on the Ultra deckboat. That boat is over the top. My wife wants one sooooooooo bad. Think I would be ousted from the DCB camp if I defected to another builder for a 2nd boat??? :jawdrop: :D

MR HARLEY
02-05-2007, 11:57 AM
I was impressed that Harley acted like he knew me in the DCB booth:D :eek:
So did ya get the Ultra? ;) :D

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Another thing that really impressed me was Dana's new windscreens. They were on several boats and they make a ton of sense. One complaint that I have with canopy boats is that while at idle, they are HOT for the driver/passenger. There is little or no ventilation. Once you get moving, it is great, but sitting there kind of sucks. The new remotely actuated wind screens seem like the perfect solution. Raise/lower them when needed and make a non canopied boat deflect wind similar to a canopy boat.

Cole Trickle
02-05-2007, 12:00 PM
So did ya get the Ultra? ;) :D
I wish!!!....I am gonna need a MR. in front of my name before I can afford 2 boats!!;)
Until I find someone that wants my boat I will continue to be a V owner:mad: :D
Did you pick the Gel on your new F32 yet? Hopefully you picked enough power this time so you can ditch your Jv DCB baller card and stop taking so much crap in Cat and Tunnels;):D:devil:

Cole Trickle
02-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Thanks CT. I agree with you on the Ultra deckboat. That boat is over the top. My wife wants one sooooooooo bad. Think I would be ousted from the DCB camp if I defected to another builder for a 2nd boat??? :jawdrop: :D
Boat looked great!!!
Perfectly executed and not all that much orange;):D

shippingguy
02-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Another thing that really impressed me was Dana's new windscreens. They were on several boats and they make a ton of sense. One complaint that I have with canopy boats is that while at idle, they are HOT for the driver/passenger. There is little or no ventilation. Once you get moving, it is great, but sitting there kind of sucks. The new remotely actuated wind screens seem like the perfect solution. Raise/lower them when needed and make a non canopied boat deflect wind similar to a canopy boat.
The windshields are great. We actually put the first set out on my boat. At high speeds you can wear a hat with no problems. They work great. They were definitely a big hit when I shoeed them to all the customers I dealt with.

Phat Matt
02-05-2007, 12:07 PM
I liked the 45' Formula Yacht the best. You can parallel park that thing. I want one. :D

MR HARLEY
02-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Did you pick the Gel on your new F32 yet?
I have no idea what your talking about. :boxed: :)
Hopefully you picked enough power this time so you can ditch your Jv DCB baller card and stop taking so much crap in Cat and Tunnels;):D:devil:
OUCH..................:D

my21advantage
02-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I wasnt impressed with the DCB deck either. there seemed to be a lot of things that werent up to DCB standards (maybe this one was just thrown together for the show??)
I think the quality of boat was there...but I think the gel color's robbed the boat!
If it had the paint scheme of Xfactor's boat or something other than that mustard color it would have gotten better reviews...:idea:

jayd_jr
02-05-2007, 12:20 PM
The windshields are great. We actually put the first set out on my boat. At high speeds you can wear a hat with no problems. They work great. They were definitely a big hit when I shoeed them to all the customers I dealt with.
I would have to say the windscreens where great! As well as the Liberaci impersonator at the DCB booth... Man that hair is nice!:D

shippingguy
02-05-2007, 12:25 PM
I would have to say the windscreens where great! As well as the Liberaci impersonator at the DCB booth... Man that hair is nice!:D
Jayd jr very nice meeting you. Hope to see you out on the water.

jayd_jr
02-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Jayd jr very nice meeting you. Hope to see you out on the water.
I hope so to! Would like a ride in the 27 Wife really liked it!

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 12:43 PM
What did you guys see at the show that you were just like WTF??? :confused:
I know I saw a bunch of things.

Kilrtoy
02-05-2007, 01:05 PM
I enjoyed the BOOB show, more so in the DUNGEON, ya know where all the losers hang out:D

superdave013
02-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Like what? don't be shy now. lol :)

Cole Trickle
02-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I noticed alot of the boats had props on them with no rope or prop cover covering that area. I was just waiting for someone to rail a shin or have a little kid hurt themselves.

OutCole'd
02-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Who ever came up with this idea, has never been on a deck boat in Havasu in the Summer.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I would like to comment on one of the boats but it would suck if the owner was on here. Besides, its not nice to say mean things about other peoples stuff. :D

No Regrets
02-05-2007, 01:17 PM
A Top Gun on the west coast-
its about time.

Biglue
02-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Who ever came up with this idea, has never been on a deck boat in Havasu in the Summer.
It would definitely make a nice DCB branding iron.

UnionJack
02-05-2007, 01:31 PM
His hair was long in the back

Throttle
02-05-2007, 01:32 PM
What impress me was, Throttle having a cooler full of beer for anybody who stopped by. :)
:D :D :D

shippingguy
02-05-2007, 01:48 PM
I hope so to! Would like a ride in the 27 Wife really liked it!
You guys are more than welcome to take a ride anyitme we are out there. Just say the word.

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Like what? don't be shy now. lol :)
Ha Ha. The one thing that I noticed is that Advantage needs to either add some glass to their boats or to put in better support braces. They are notorious for having light layup boats. I leaned up against their new X-Flight part cat and I actually heard glass cracking. It was so thin that if you push on it, it would flex 3' in both directions. If you knocked on the side of the boat, it sounded hollow. Definitely not a whole lot of strength in the hull of that boat. :(

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 02:13 PM
I would like to comment on one of the boats but it would suck if the owner was on here. Besides, its not nice to say mean things about other peoples stuff. :D
We are talking about boats in general. Not about any one thing. Certain manufacturers do not represent themselves well at the show and often act like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Many manufacturers act like they are the savior of the boating industry and everyone else's product is junk. ;) Just wondering what else everyone noticed. :D

Biglue
02-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Ha Ha. The one thing that I noticed is that Advantage needs to either add some glass to their boats or to put in better support braces. They are notorious for having light layup boats. I leaned up against their new X-Flight part cat and I actually heard glass cracking. It was so thin that if you push on it, it would flex 3' in both directions. If you knocked on the side of the boat, it sounded hollow. Definitely not a whole lot of strength in the hull of that boat. :(
Damn......could you imagine if the buyer actually reads this???
I thought Advantage is one of the better builders? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cole Trickle
02-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Funny you say that.
I thought that some of the Gels on the Advantage X Flight were pretty nice so I moved in for a closer look. The boats looked pretty good but that little open air window thingy was begging to be broken. Thin 3 sided fiberglass where it really needs to be thicker and boxed in.I pushed and turned it a tad and it deffinatley moved. (needs to be boxed in my opinion)

riverbound
On the DCB deck..the $hitty acrylic door for the storage in front of the passenger seat, the black "piping" around the fiberglass inserts.
The carrera 32 cat thing, had to be the ugliest paint job I have ever seen.
as mentioned earlier, the ammount of Orange peel on some of these boats was horrible
The carbon fiber vinyl....cool for accents, but I think its rediculous to have all the interior panels. and would not clean up very well, when sweat, sunblock and dirt gets in all the texture.
not a fan at all on the styling of the hatch area for the eliminator 22 daytona. other than thta it was a beautiful boat.
The demographic of people in the sea-doo booth definitely scared me :jawdrop:
Also some of the comments I over heard as we were walking past the "cookie cutter" boats made wonder where these people boat so I could avoid those places, and it made me more in favor of some sort of drivers licsense for boats.

RiverDave
I thought Advantage is one of the better builders? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Every year it's like that.. You can walk up to anyone of their decks and do the same thing on any large flat surface.. I can't believe how weak their hulls are compared to everyone else. I'm amazed they dont have more problems to be honest.
RD

riverbound
02-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Yah, that was rather interesting....:(

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 02:20 PM
it made me more in favor of some sort of drivers licsense for boats.
Why??? You would be F'ed. :D ;)

wright27
02-05-2007, 02:22 PM
The only boats I felt were worth a second look were the Schiadas. All the others are just the same old shit you see in Havasu every weekend. The Schiadas have classic style with the best quality I saw at the show.

EmpirE231
02-05-2007, 02:22 PM
I spent a lil too much time at the ultra booth :D ... my girl had to tell me to get out of the boat! haha but deffinantly love that 26 shadow!! perfect stylish boat, with tons of bling and awesome gel! and the people at the ultra booth were super friendly and informative! nice meeting you shippingguy.
DCB had a pretty awesome booth... boats looked nice... my buddy started asking around some questions there...and the help was kinda iffy... was dave there? there was a guy there (not working) with some gel'd up hair, kinda highlighted looking with with a damn nice watch... :jawdrop: almost blinded me lol

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Better to read that the hull slightly is weak than to read how the Advantage "Flagship" 34' sunk the chanel because the boat was laid up too light and cracked. (Happened a couple of years ago when it first came out.)

riverbound
02-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Why??? You would be F'ed. :D ;)
LOL...there's 2 things in life I am good at ;)

Cole Trickle
02-05-2007, 02:27 PM
LOL...there's 2 things in life I am good at ;)
Baking and Racial slurs?:D ;)
F.U.N.:devil:

XFactor
02-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I noticed some manufactures came very prepared and some were very weak in product presentation. I viewed 2 boats in one booth that were a joke. One had HORRIBLE gel flaws in very obvious areas and also had aluminum shavings all over the bottom of the engine compartment. The other boat in the same booth had grease (lots, not just one) marks all over the backseat and had road dirt from the rain pooled on the dash. It also had the nav light on the dash in place. Why? One boat downstairs had nasty towels all over the floor. Is it that had to prep a boat for the show? Howard, DCB, Eliminator, Ultra, Cobra, Lavey and others had their boats preped flawlessly. Another manufacturer set-up downstairs was better set-up for partying then selling. Coors light boxes and Vodka bottles right out in the open. Maybe that's what Trident was talking about. The haves and have nots. I even spoke with a rep from Imco at approx 2:00 that had had a few drinks already. Is it that tough to take your job serious? Why even show up at the show if you're not going to take it serious.

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Baking and Racial slurs?:D ;)
F.U.N.:devil:
I was thinking more like cooking and cleaning. ;)

riverbound
02-05-2007, 02:30 PM
I was thinking more like cooking and cleaning. ;)
OK...tarzan
FUN!!!! :devil:

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Another manufacturer set-up downstairs was better set-up for partying then selling. Coors light boxes and Vodka bottles right out in the open. Maybe that's what Trident was talking about. The haves and have nots. I even spoke with a rep from Imco at approx 2:00 that had had a few drinks already. Is it that tough to take your job serious? Why even show up at the show if you're not going to take it serious.
The past couple of years Vendors were allowed to bring their own ice chests in unchecked. I have heard that they were cracking down on the alcohol this year and vendors were prohibited from bringing anything in. Not 100% on that, but a rumor that I have heard. Last year I was never checked once and always had beer in the ice chest. For potential customers or after the show closes.

Biglue
02-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Every year it's like that.. You can walk up to anyone of their decks and do the same thing on any large flat surface.. I can't believe how weak their hulls are compared to everyone else. I'm amazed they dont have more problems to be honest.
RD
Didn't know that. I'm seriously in love with their 30' Deep V too. :cry:

rivercrazy
02-05-2007, 02:33 PM
as mentioned earlier, the ammount of Orange peel on some of these boats was horrible
[/QUOTE]
Couple that with fades that go from dark to light very abruptly (in a very short distance).
Personally I like gelcoat fades that fade from dark to light over the entire graphic used for that color. And fades without the orange peel effect!
To me that is what seperates the better gelcoaters from the rest of the pack.

wright27
02-05-2007, 02:35 PM
What happened to Lightning boats, they are not even there.

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 02:36 PM
OK...tarzan
FUN!!!! :devil:
F.U.N!!! No tarzan here!!! :D

XFactor
02-05-2007, 02:37 PM
The only boats I felt were worth a second look were the Schiadas. All the others are just the same old shit you see in Havasu every weekend. The Schiadas have classic style with the best quality I saw at the show.
I don't agree. Take a look at the hatch on the 23ft'er (maybe smaller). It has staples all around the edge. Very weak display from a very very good builder. My wife laughed at me when I told her Shiadas were classics and probably the best rigged boat at the show. Then we saw the staples. She blasted me. :(

superdave013
02-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Danny, are your Hogen's at the show? If so do you have any pics?

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Danny, are your Hogen's at the show? If so do you have any pics?
Nope. Not this year. Probably not again. Getting out of the whole wooden boat thing. Too much time and effort into each one and can't make any $$$. I DO have another little project coming up that I think you will be VERY interested in. :D ;)

superdave013
02-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I hear you are building an off road car. You should check out this black light weight hose I have now.

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Another thing I noticed this year is that many of the manufacturers did not through bolt the hatches on their boats. They simply glassed in wood and used machine screws to screw the hatches to the hinges. HATCHES ALWAYS should be through bolted. You would be surprized how often machine screws back out. If one does and you get wind under it, say good by to the hatch and anything that was behind you! :(

shippingguy
02-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I spent a lil too much time at the ultra booth :D ... my girl had to tell me to get out of the boat! haha but deffinantly love that 26 shadow!! perfect stylish boat, with tons of bling and awesome gel! and the people at the ultra booth were super friendly and informative! nice meeting you shippingguy.
DCB had a pretty awesome booth... boats looked nice... my buddy started asking around some questions there...and the help was kinda iffy... was dave there? there was a guy there (not working) with some gel'd up hair, kinda highlighted looking with with a damn nice watch... :jawdrop: almost blinded me lol
Nice meeting you as well. I hope I was able to fill you in on some info. If you need anything else do not hesitate in contacting me. If you ever want a test ride let me know. Talk to you soon.

C-2
02-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I liked the Volvo drive with the props on the wrong end.
Remember when everybody thought RD(?) was fawking nutz?

djunkie
02-05-2007, 02:54 PM
And we still do. :D :D

riverbound
02-05-2007, 02:55 PM
And we still do. :D :D
:D

jrgaudettes
02-05-2007, 02:57 PM
What impressed me was how many people I reconized from ***boat and I don't even know them personally. LOL:D

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 03:03 PM
I hear you are building an off road car. You should check out this black light weight hose I have now.
Nope. Not an offroad car. Something else just happened to "fall" into my lap and I had to do it. So... No offroad car for a while. I think you would like this project MUCH better anyways. ;) :D

Kilrtoy
02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
That would explain the speeds the boat was achieving

EAZYKILLER2006
02-05-2007, 03:57 PM
YEA THAT WAS PRETTY YUMMY!

EAZYKILLER2006
02-05-2007, 04:05 PM
I REALLY LIKED THE ADVANTAGE X FLIGHT (there were 2 styles)... not the one with the coffin ...the one with the bed/loveseat... its the only boat, that i liked better than mine...

riverroyal
02-05-2007, 04:23 PM
I REALLY LIKED THE ADVANTAGE X FLIGHT (there were 2 styles)... not the one with the coffin ...the one with the bed/loveseat... its the only boat, that i liked better than mine...
plus the speed numbers are slow

Kilrtoy
02-05-2007, 04:29 PM
I recall someone coming on here braging how fast it was with a 496HO....

riverroyal
02-05-2007, 04:33 PM
I recall someone coming on here braging how fast it was with a 496HO....
The magazine I read showed it as being kinda slow with that set up.But what do I know,its a V bottom basically maybe the speed is good.I ned to see it in the water,it looks long and skinny on the trailer

Throttle
02-05-2007, 04:41 PM
yea That Was Pretty Yummy!
yep yummy

Phat Matt
02-05-2007, 04:45 PM
I liked the Volvo drive with the props on the wrong end.
They have that set up on the 45' Formula. Pretty sweet if you ask me. There is no need for bow thrusters and it is more efficient. They said they ran down to Ensenada and back from San Diego on 130 gallons of diesel. Not bad considering I know people go through that and more in a weekend in Havi.
http://www.volvo.com/NR/rdonlyres/86B09103-86BB-4F11-AD2F-06577712E350/0/home_landing.jpg

EAZYKILLER2006
02-05-2007, 04:48 PM
lol ya dont want "me" on the water, going any faster than 70ish...:)
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/BoatStereo012.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/BoatStereo015.jpg

bordsmnj
02-05-2007, 04:49 PM
pound for pound the two baddest boats at the show where right out front behind the ski racers and said something about prime marine. Herbst boat was also nice to look /drool at. the new Eliminator22 daytona suprised me pretty good. hell of a nice boat and not priced too crazily. i still like ultra's 23 deck. got a good deal on some t-shirts from ultra. terryaki habenero beef jerky rules. everything else was the same as last year.i'm i in a clique???wtf?:eek:

JB in so cal
02-05-2007, 04:56 PM
What impressed me was the cute girl at the dcb booth wearing the Savage shirt - far outweighed the dude standing next to her in his shirt!:D

EAZYKILLER2006
02-05-2007, 05:00 PM
yep yummy
did jamie say she saw us on the water sun? lol ~she was like:devil: did you guys ever make it to the boat show? i told her you took a pic of us...LOL~and I TOLD HER, WE COULD OF PLANNED IT WHERE SHE RODE BACK WITH US...lol ~yea ...lol~we got in town (havi) thrus nite, left to LA sat morn.... and came back to havi sat nite...lol... on the water sun, and came home (about an hour ago) ...to cali..lol...its great not;) HAVING KIDDIES...:devil:

riverroyal
02-05-2007, 05:05 PM
5.25 for a import,I would have paid 8

Kilrtoy
02-05-2007, 05:27 PM
What impressed me was the cute girl at the dcb booth wearing the Savage shirt - far outweighed the dude standing next to her in his shirt!:D
Yes ANGIE is fine :D

Phat Matt
02-05-2007, 05:48 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/BoatStereo012.jpg
Hey look. There's Al. :)

Riverkid
02-05-2007, 05:52 PM
pound for pound the two baddest boats at the show where right out front behind the ski racers and said something about prime marine. Herbst boat was also nice to look /drool at.
Your right, those flats are badass. Unbelievable craftmanship putting those boats togther. Prime Marine does quality work, period.:)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23598&stc=1&d=1170726745
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23599&stc=1&d=1170726745

Biglue
02-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Yes ANGIE is fine :D
You happen to see Ms. Latin America signing posters at Extreme Trailer's booth? I had to get a signed poster of her..........for my boy of course. :)

EAZYKILLER2006
02-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey look. There's Al. :)
LOL DID YA NOTICE IN THE SECOND PIC HE WASNT THERE?:cry: ...I THINK WE LOST HIM ...:( J/K

al cole'holic
02-05-2007, 06:47 PM
...whoever has a grip of photo's on their camera please put em up here!! :D

whiteworks
02-05-2007, 06:48 PM
overall Herbst schiada takes the cake, what a beautiful boat. got to check out the big Donzi with triple 625's. and the little 22' shelby Donzi's were cool. the new 22 daytona was nice. chriscraft and riviera were really nice. I did notice that the prices on the HTM's seemed really low for that kind of boat. but overall two things really impressed me and I purchased both, the towell clips for the bimini top and the bloody marys.

blown dough
02-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Afew nice DCB's and a new life jacket for my daughter.

EAZYKILLER2006
02-05-2007, 06:52 PM
talk to cameron... hes the camera man...lol~ darn i didnt even bring my camera...i was to busy checking out the boats...and couldnt be bothered holding anything, but maybe a beer...:devil:

Kilrtoy
02-05-2007, 07:11 PM
You happen to see Ms. Latin America signing posters at Extreme Trailer's booth? I had to get a signed poster of her..........for my boy of course. :)
Sorry not impressed by any of the girls there signing stuff.
All hair and make up and one of the girls face wasn't very nice all that.
I was gonna go up to miss latin whatever she is and ask if she wanted my pic and autograph, but the wife would not let me...

TCHB
02-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Howard boats were normal clean, simple and rigged like a Benz. They need a bigger boat.
Eliminator had a lot of nice boats without tooo much bling.
DCB has to loose the metal plates on the back. You would die in the summer sun with that dump metal plate to step on.

HavasuSelect
02-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I put a thread up in case you didn't see it....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140087

phebus
02-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I was gonna go up to miss latin whatever she is and ask if she wanted my pic and autograph, but the wife would not let me...
Were you going to sign it "Eric Estrada", or "Ponch". :D

Jrocket
02-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Water Rods!

Deano
02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
That hebst schiada was bad ass.
No comments on the new Nordic deck? Looked really nice. They had some see through gel w/carbon that flowed through the grafix, that looked bitchen.
(I think it was the Nordic, I was drinking,lol)
Ultra was nice, as usual. I talked to shippinguy for a bit...didn't even know it was him.:)
DCB- I was surprised they didn't have any 26r's except the deck. Teagues boat is off the hook. X-factors too. All very nice.
cobra, conquest, Howard, etc..all the usual nice stuff
Nothing really struck me as off the hook, over the top inovative stuff this year.
Eliminator was hanging on to their coolies like fkn gold.
Who was that manufacturer across from domin8er....unbelievable. That stuff was junk. I don't care what anyone says. My grandma can build a better boat.
My biggest disapointment in the show were the salesman. It seemed like a bunch of guys that just wanted to hang out and not sell anything. I was in Teagues booth checking out that new whipple engine and not one guy came up to me. I was the only one there for atleast 10 minutes.
Same with Eliminator. Like their shit dosn't stink, yet they need to sell boats...I don't get it.
I had to pretty much drag information out of anyone that I talked to.
Ultra booth was the oposite. boat talk and more boat talk, the way it should be.
Dave (dcb) was cool and willing to talk boats all you wanted.

shippingguy
02-05-2007, 10:19 PM
That hebst schiada was bad ass.
No comments on the new Nordic deck? Looked really nice. They had some see through gel w/carbon that flowed through the grafix, that looked bitchen.
(I think it was the Nordic, I was drinking,lol)
Ultra was nice, as usual. I talked to shippinguy for a bit...didn't even know it was him.:)
DCB- I was surprised they didn't have any 26r's except the deck. Teagues boat is off the hook. X-factors too. All very nice.
cobra, conquest, Howard, etc..all the usual nice stuff
Nothing really struck me as off the hook, over the top inovative stuff this year.
Eliminator was hanging on to their coolies like fkn gold.
Who was that manufacturer across from domin8er....unbelievable. That stuff was junk. I don't care what anyone says. My grandma can build a better boat.
My biggest disapointment in the show were the salesman. It seemed like a bunch of guys that just wanted to hang out and not sell anything. I was in Teagues booth checking out that new whipple engine and not one guy came up to me. I was the only one there for atleast 10 minutes.
Same with Eliminator. Like their shit dosn't stink, yet they need to sell boats...I don't get it.
I had to pretty much drag information out of anyone that I talked to.
Ultra booth was the oposite. boat talk and more boat talk, the way it should be.
Dave (dcb) was cool and willing to talk boats all you wanted.
Deano:
Sorry we did not actually get to meet, but I hope I was able to inform you on the boats. Next time we will have to actually introduce ourselves to each other. Nice meeting you though :rolleyes: :)

Havasu_Dreamin
02-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Howard boats were normal clean, simple and rigged like a Benz. They need a bigger boat.
The 35 should be ready for next years show.....

Biglue
02-06-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm not into this big make up either. Guess you had to see her. She was looking good. I'd trade in the wife, the farm AND the dog for that model. :D

Throttle
02-06-2007, 01:58 PM
talk to cameron... hes the camera man...lol~ darn i didnt even bring my camera...i was to busy checking out the boats...and couldnt be bothered holding anything, but maybe a beer...:devil:
I will post some soon...:D

EAZYKILLER2006
02-07-2007, 02:11 AM
I will post some soon...:Dhttp://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/yawn.gifstill waiting:devil:

Mr. C
02-07-2007, 07:16 AM
here's some i'll put more up later.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/DonziShelby.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/DonziShelby1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/DonziShelby2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/DonziShelby3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/DonziEng.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/DonziInt.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/DonziDrives.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/DonziSide.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/DonziSide2.jpg

BADBLOWN572
02-07-2007, 07:43 AM
I believe that the company was Hawaiian. Run, don't walk away from them. I would honestly rather buy a Bayliner before a Hawaiian. :eek:

Not So Fast
02-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Are my eyes that bad, the Shelby Placard makes reference to it being a ruby red with matching carbon fibre red interior but it sure dont look red to me!! NSF

Mr. C
02-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Are my eyes that bad, the Shelby Placard makes reference to it being a ruby red with matching carbon fibre red interior but it sure dont look red to me!! NSF
I think it's you, looks red to me:D
didn't even notice that, i just took the pics