PDA

View Full Version : anodizing fittings

boat 569
02-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Has anyone had flex hose fittings stripped and reanodized? The guy that rigged my boat originally had all the fittings anodized the same color. I can buy fittings from JEG'S that are already polished. But the local anodizing shop said that the fittings would have to be taken apart. There are pins that retain the B-nut and also pins on the swivel fittings. He said that these pins would have to be removed. Any ideas?

Prime 8780
02-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi there,
We do this all the time. Call me and I'll explain the process. There are a couple different way this can be done.
Mike @ Prime Marine
www.primemarineusa.com
(909)484-8338

MAXIMUS
02-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Has anyone had flex hose fittings stripped and reanodized? The guy that rigged my boat originally had all the fittings anodized the same color. I can buy fittings from JEG'S that are already polished. But the local anodizing shop said that the fittings would have to be taken apart. There are pins that retain the B-nut and also pins on the swivel fittings. He said that these pins would have to be removed. Any ideas?
Yea... anodize them! I do it all the time & have never had a problem...:)

FlatStupid
02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Yea... anodize them! I do it all the time & have never had a problem...:)You are a freakin beauty Maxi!:)

superdave013
02-05-2007, 03:14 PM
what color are you looking for?
I leave the pins in them and it's never a problem. But I do have a great anodizer that knows what to polish and what not to. They always do a great job.
If you are doing it don't use the double swivel fittings. Stick with the fixed ones.

superdave013
02-05-2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.sweetperformance.com/photo/albums/userpics/Purple_anodize.JPG

Prime 8780
02-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Did I just get c@*#K blocked?????????????
www.primemarineusa.com

superdave013
02-05-2007, 03:45 PM
If you did then that was to easy. :D

Nostalgic Spectra
02-05-2007, 03:53 PM
How does the pricing work on reanodizing fittings?

superdave013
02-05-2007, 03:58 PM
It's more then just buying new ones. It's for the gotta have that color and not really sweating the cost crowd.
Keep in mind if you don't take the b nut off each fitting is then only 2 parts to strip and repolish. 20 fittings = 40 parts.
But like I said, what color are you looking for?

ERV JR
02-05-2007, 05:05 PM
I Have Always Left Them In , Ijust Did A Bunch For The Race Car, And My Dad Has Always Done Them In All The Boats, We Re Did All The The Fitting For The Dago Red Boat For Jason A Few Years Back, Make Sure They Are Polished Good And You Will Be Happy With The Final Product

boat 569
02-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I am looking for a dark blue to match what is already on the boat. I just put a new engine in and I need to redo some of the plumbing. I usually have Aluminart do all my anodizing. I just purchased some fittings from JEG'S that are already polished. I will send them out to them and see what they say. Thanks.

sc fab 1
02-05-2007, 10:54 PM
what color are you looking for?
I leave the pins in them and it's never a problem. But I do have a great anodizer that knows what to polish and what not to. They always do a great job.
If you are doing it don't use the double swivel fittings. Stick with the fixed ones.
how big of a part can they do? looking to get my motor rails, cav. rod and plates done.