PDA

View Full Version : Just Heard on the radio :(

Get415
02-05-2007, 06:48 PM
The border patrol agent that is in prison for shooting Drug Dealin Pancho, was beat by prisoners. Just heard it on the Al Rantell radio show. I would like to post the link to the story on his website but haven't figured out how.
This is absolutley BULLSHTTTTTT! Why was he not seperated. I understand he fokd up when he decided to handle the shooting the way he did, and doesn't deserve the red carpet treatment but, C'mon!!! The least they could do was keep him out of General Pop.
Aparently all the jerkholes were in jail enjoying their nightly tv (Americas Most Wanted), when they saw the story about how Boder patrol agents shot the bad guy. Well shortly after he recieved his beating.
Well today was his birthday and when wife and kids, and California Congressmen Dana Roerbocker (who arranged phone calls) tried to call they were informed he was unable to take the call. At this time he still had not recieved any med treatment for injuries.
Time to start floodin the White House with calls

Mandelon
02-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Our great Republican president doesn't care about border defense. Bush won't do anything. :mad:
A travesty it is. :(

RitcheyRch
02-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Very sad

Get415
02-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Our great Republican president doesn't care about border defense. Bush won't do anything. :mad:
A travesty it is. :(
You said it!! Well at least our Cali congressman is involved. Hopefully he sticks with the cause since we have such a border "issue" here. :mad:

Kilrtoy
02-05-2007, 07:05 PM
WAIT A MINUTE,,,
HE DID NOT FOCK UP.......
They were fired upon by a felony criminal who invaded this country and he did exactly as I know you would do, RETURN FIRE.....Or atleast I hope you would.
maybe he did not file the paper work, a admin issue only....
HE SHOULD NOT BE IN PRISON. HE WAS PROTECTING THIS COUNTRY FROM THE EVILS OF THE WORLD AND DID IT CORRECTLY:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Desert Rat
02-05-2007, 07:08 PM
WAIT A MINUTE,,,
They were fired upon by a felony criminal who invaded this country and he did exactly as I know you would do, RETURN FIRE.....Or atleast I hope you would.
HE SHOULD NOT BE IN PRISON. HE WAS PROTECTING THIS COUNTRY FROM THE EVILS OF THE WORLD AND DID IT CORRECTLY:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Well Said!!!

whiteworks
02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
WAIT A MINUTE,,,
100% correct
does any one know if he has a legal defence fund setup?

stoker
02-05-2007, 07:10 PM
That is total bull***t! I wonder if the guys that gave the beating were legal?:mad:

Get415
02-05-2007, 07:17 PM
WAIT A MINUTE,,,
Your absolutely right he did a great job. The thing is,as you know "Admin issue only" OIS is where you get filed on. Thats the part i guess i should have been more clear about. I commend him, just wish they had finished it right.

Kilrtoy
02-05-2007, 07:21 PM
He is there because the president of that shit hole country complained along with alot of other ACTIVIST groups and got the ear of someone who feels sorry for these people...
And to think that the corrections officers would even allow this to happen blows my mind

Moneypitt
02-05-2007, 07:25 PM
But why didn't he and his partner just report they had fired at an escaping smuggler that had fired at them, or pointed a gun at them? Were they embarassed because they thought they missed? They picked up their brass, and went on with their shift. No big deal, but why not report the total truth? I DO NOT THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED, just want to know why they filed false, (incomplete), reports when truthful (complete), reports would've been fine??....MP

Kilrtoy
02-05-2007, 07:29 PM
But why didn't he and his partner just report they had fired at an escaping smuggler that had fired at them, or pointed a gun at them? Were they embarassed because they thought they missed? They picked up their brass, and went on with their shift. No big deal, but why not report the total truth? I DO NOT THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED, just want to know why they filed false, (incomplete), reports when truthful (complete), reports would've been fine??....MP
It wasnt that long ago that the LASO were doing the same thing. Should of, whould have, could have. We will never know why they did not do it

robk
02-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Sounds like Rohrabacher is on the right track trying to help these guys out, who were doing us all a favor putting their lives on the line.
Dana Rohrabacher
Washington, D.C. Office
2300 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-2415
Fax (202) 225-0145
District Office
101 Main Street, Suite 380
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
(714) 960-6483
(310) 377-9493
Fax (714) 960-7806
Constituents can e-mail the Congressman at Dana@mail.house.gov
***If you contact the Congressman via e-mail, please be sure to include your full name and address.***
***If you are a resident of 46th Congressional District, you will receive a response through the U.S. mail.***
Rob

doc_texoma
02-05-2007, 07:57 PM
so very lame... and the horror of it all is this is just one that happened to get publicized.. This kind of stuff has been going forever, and unfortunately will continue to do so because there are too many politics and crooked people (although to me they are one in the same) involved.
I'm not sure I know what the answer is, but I know the existing state of American government is NOT it.

Flyinbowtie
02-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I think our borders represent one of the top three issues this nation faces. These men, now imprisoned because they did what was necessary, are simply pawns in a struggle for political power. They committed no crime. They defended themselves and every single citizen in this nation.
How they were placed in general population is a question that needs to be fully investigated and those responsible need to be held accountable.
Until someone winds up in elected to a position of power in this country, and addresses the problem, having a "Homeland Security" Department is a joke.
Getting the right people in office is going to require that more than 40% of us show up at the poles. Until then, we are going to watch our country disappear, in more ways than one.

doc_texoma
02-05-2007, 08:47 PM
hey bowtie.. the pic in your avatar sure looks inviting. where is that??

Hal
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
These people have have been on it and they could use your help.
http://www.grassfire.org/
sign the petitions also... Let your friends know about this site..

Jyruiz
02-05-2007, 10:40 PM
I am f'n tired of the double standard our country allows. This happens in any other country and nobody says anything. Those guys should have gotten a medal for deterring thous scumbags.

HBjet
02-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Heard the same thing today on KFI (John & Ken) and couldn't believe it, much like the rest of this case.
What just makes me sick is that the illegal who was shot, not only received medical attention once we came to the states to testify (the border patrol agent was just put into a confined cell for 2 days until he received medical attention. Not to mention he was kicked and beat on by 5 guys with steel tipped boots) but was also caught a second time smuggling over drugs, and let go. Now he is also sueing for 5 million dollars because he was shot.
Did any of you hear the three jurors that wanted to vote not guilty, but thought it was against the law to have a hung jury so they just went with the majority? As well as no one on the jury knew the sentence would be for 10 years minimum? Complete idiots!
This whole story just really lets me down when it comes to this country and how we treat the people who are trying to make it a better place.
Gotta love the court system... don't even get my started how not one of the kids (who were black) will serve any time for beating the crap out of those 3 white girls on Halloween night in Long Beach. I'm not racist, but if the colors were switched and that same ruling came down, we would have another riot situation on our hands.
I gotta stop typing before I get more upset.
HBjet:mad:

QuickJet
02-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Heard the same thing today on KFI (John & Ken) and couldn't believe it, much like the rest of this case.
What just makes me sick is that the illegal who was shot, not only received medical attention once we came to the states to testify (the border patrol agent was just put into a confined cell for 2 days until he received medical attention. Not to mention he was kicked and beat on by 5 guys with steel tipped boots) but was also caught a second time smuggling over drugs, and let go. Now he is also sueing for 5 million dollars because he was shot.
Did any of you hear the three jurors that wanted to vote not guilty, but thought it was against the law to have a hung jury so they just went with the majority? As well as no one on the jury knew the sentence would be for 10 years minimum? Complete idiots!
This whole story just really lets me down when it comes to this country and how we treat the people who are trying to make it a better place.
Gotta love the court system... don't even get my started how not one of the kids (who were black) will serve any time for beating the crap out of those 3 white girls on Halloween night in Long Beach. I'm not racist, but if the colors were switched and that same ruling came down, we would have another riot situation on our hands.
Exactly....very well said!!
WAIT A MINUTE,,,
Again..exactly....very well said!!

HBjet
02-06-2007, 12:17 AM
From the KFI John & Ken website
Richard Skinner supposedly has documents that claim Ramos and Compean “were out to shoot Mexicans.” Those documents have not been released. Tell him to put up or shut up!
Richard L Skinner
Office of Inspector General
Phone: 202-254-4100
rick.skinner@dhs.gov
Time to start floodin the White House with calls
Here you go - White House Phone: 202-456-1111
Congress: 866-340-9281
Attorney Alberto Gonzales: 202-514-2001
Prosecuting Attorney Office (Johnny Sutton & Debra Kanof): 210-384-7400
Judge Kathleen Cardone: 915-534-6740
Tony Snow: 202-456-2673
HBjet

vdrivenman
02-06-2007, 04:13 AM
anybody know what corrections institution they are being held in & where.
i'll personally make a phone call and ask the Judge from the court i baliff in to call!

a catered life
02-06-2007, 07:29 AM
i agree with you and for the record i feel the court system let us down again regarding the beatings...the court was worried about reforming these sick bastards...mental note to the court if their gang style beating up on 3 older ladies of any color ...:confused: those fockers are far past reforming.......i hope these ladies sue the crap out of their parrents:mad:

Get415
02-06-2007, 11:33 AM
anybody know what corrections institution they are being held in & where.
i'll personally make a phone call and ask the Judge from the court i baliff in to call!
I believe they are somewhere in Mississippi...

SHOTKALLIN
02-06-2007, 11:40 AM
WAIT A MINUTE,,,
The only thing he did wrong was not kill the guy. Instead he was allowed to testify in this B.S. trial.

SHOTKALLIN
02-06-2007, 11:44 AM
He is there because the president of that shit hole country complained along with alot of other ACTIVIST groups and got the ear of someone who feels sorry for these people...
And to think that the corrections officers would even allow this to happen blows my mind
That is the amazing part. Why was he not segregated from the rest of the population? I get a good lawyer and he will get out of prison a millionaire. write a book too. They are in my prayers.

OGShocker
02-06-2007, 11:52 AM
WAIT A MINUTE,,,
He was shot in the ass! I don't think he was invading the US, I think he was just swimming laps in the river.

SHOTKALLIN
02-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Border Patrol has a don't persue "EVER" policy. I don't know why they give them police powers. They felt thier job would be in danger the way the shooting went down because they had to persue this guy. They might have even crossed the border before the shooting went down. Its not thier fault. Its Border Patrol's fault for having A dont persue/shoot policy. Maybe if they felt that they would not have been fired they would not have covered it up. In my opinion these guys should be heroes not inmates.
Just my .02

Biglue
02-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Man that is ****ed up. Just think of the other fellow INS folks who will be discouraged or hesitant to "act" on the count of this bullshit case. What a ****ing joke. The dude should have a reward for what he did, not prison.
The INS guys are dealing with some real assholes too. Last year as I was returning from Glamis, I stopped at the check point on the 86. Turns out just a half hour or so to me getting there, one of the agents had just gotten shot. They were coning off the aread where they were trying to find the brass casings. Had me and my kid bro not stopped to eat in Brawley god knows how close we could have come to seeing that or even worse.

Devilman
02-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Man that is ****ed up. Just think of the other fellow INS folks who will be discouraged or hesitant to "act" on the count of this bullshit case. What a ****ing joke. The dude should have a reward for what he did, not prison.
The INS guys are dealing with some real assholes too. Last year as I was returning from Glamis, I stopped at the check point on the 86. Turns out just a half hour or so to me getting there, one of the agents had just gotten shot. They were coning off the aread where they were trying to find the brass casings. Had me and my kid bro not stopped to eat in Brawley god knows how close we could have come to seeing that or even worse.
Aw man.....:D

HBjet
02-06-2007, 12:57 PM
The agent who shot at the illegal shot at him because he saw his partner was down on the ground and he also thought he saw the illegal with something shiny which could be a gun. How else are you going to react? Not to mention the 600lbs of pot the guy had in his van when he was originally stopped.
These agents seriously would have been better off killing the guy when it comes the the legal system.
If they acted as "policy" requires them to do, they wouldn't get anywhere. If they stopped the van, they would have to ask the driver to step out of the van. Once the driver would get out and decide to run off, the border patrol agents would then have to radio to a supervisor and request permission to follow/chase a possible suspect. They would have to wait there until permission was given. Then and only then could the agents follow the suspect for further questioning.
These guys that work the border patrol know what is going on, they are there on the line and they know how to deal with these people. It's the policy makers that do not. Before this happened, the agent who fired the shot was up for agent of the year for having the most arrests and the seizure of drugs. Now his going to be in jail for over 10 years and has already had the crap beat out of him on the 20th day of his sentence.
HBjet

Biglue
02-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Aw man.....:D
Dont even start focker. :mad: :D

Devilman
02-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Dont even start focker. :mad: :D
LMAO..... just, ah never mind. :D

stoker
02-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Here is the story of the beating, this is messed up!:mad:
Imprisoned Border Patrol agent Ignacio "Nacho" Ramos was severely beaten in prison, a congressman and Ramos' family members have confirmed to WND.
In interviews with WND tonight, both Ramos's wife Monica and father-in-law Joe Loya said Ramos told them he was assaulted in prison Saturday night by a group of five Hispanic inmates who Ramos took to be illegal immigrants.
Rep. Ted Poe, R-Texas, told WND he received verbal confirmation from the Bureau of Prisons that Ramos was assaulted and sent to the infirmary.
Poe was among a number of lawmakers and others close to the case who expressed concerned for the safety of Ramos and fellow agent Jose Compean if they were to be put among the general prison population.
Unfortunately, this is not a surprise," Poe told WND. "The federal government doesn't do any better job of protecting border agents in jail than it does protecting them on the border."
Poe said the bureau is drafting a report on the incident, and he has requested a copy.
In a phone call from prison, Ramos told his wife earlier today the assailants allegedly threatened him in Spanish, taunting him with, "**** la migra." "Migra" roughly translates as "immigration," slang for Border Patrol agent.
The assault occurred at Yazoo City Federal Correctional Complex, a medium facility federal prison in Mississippi, where Ramos had been moved about 10 days ago.
Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean began prison sentences last month, of 11 and 12 years respectively, for their actions in the shooting and wounding of a Mexican drug smuggler who was granted full immunity to testify against them. The case has caused national outrage, and dozens of congressmen are publicly insisting President Bush grant an immediate pardon of the two law enforcement officers.
Ramos's family feels that the decision to place him in a medium security prison violates a promise from federal authorities Ramos would be kept in isolation at a minimal security prison.
At Yazoo, Ramos was housed with the general prison population. A medium security prison such as Yazoo would be expected to house illegal immigrants, including those incarcerated on drug offenses.
The prison attack came immediately after the airing Saturday night of a segment on Ramos and Compean by the "America's Most Wanted" television show.
"On Saturday night my husband said he went to bed," Monica Ramos told WND late today.
She recounted the telephone call from her husband in prison earlier in the day: "He just told me that he dropped his guard. 'They got me,' Nacio told me, 'they got me pretty good.'"
"'What happened?'" Monica Ramos said she asked her husband. "He told me they were in the television room watching 'America's Most Wanted.' After that, some time after 10 p.m., he went back to his cubicle and was almost falling asleep. He awoke to the sound of shoes stomping. It startled him because at night the prisoners are supposed to take their shoes off and put flip-flops on."
She continued: "He said he didn't have a chance to turn around and look at any of the guys attacking him at that time. He just felt a blow to the back of his head. The prisoners were kicking him with steel-toe shoes, the work boots they are issued in prison. They kept kicking and kicking. And they kept calling him in Spanish a **** immigration officer, saying 'darle, darle,' which means, 'give it to him.' They were cussing him out in Spanish. He couldn't fight back he was outnumbered."
According to Loya, Ramos also said of the attack: "They kicked me in the head, they kicked me all over the body. I'm all bruised and very sore."
How did the attack stop?
"No security came to his rescue," the jailed Border Patrol agent's wife told WND. "Another inmate came and got Ramos and said 'Hey, dude, let me help you up.' The other inmate walked my husband over to security."
Did the prison give him any medical treatment?
"As of the time we talked this afternoon, the prison still hadn't given him any medical treatment," she said, adding that he told her, "'I asked all day yesterday.' I'm in a lot of pain and I have blood coming out of my left ear.'
"His head and his back are hurting him badly. He said it was almost time for the prison doctor to go for the day and he wasn't sure when any doctor would be able to see him."
Ramos told his wife he was able to identify only one of the five assailants: "They all cursed me in Spanish," he said, according to Loya. "As they were beating me up and kicking me, they kept calling me 'migra,' 'migra.' I'm pretty sure they were all illegal immigrants."
Ramos told his wife that he was badly bruised and bleeding from the ears. He said that immediately after the attack, he was placed back into solitary confinement, where he has been for the last two days.
"He told me that he asked to call me Sunday, after the attack," Monica Ramos continued, "but the prison wouldn't let him call me and they wouldn't let him call his attorney. He said the only reason the prison was letting him call now, on Monday, was because the Congress intervened, otherwise he wouldn't have been permitted any calls at all."
Patti Compean, wife of imprisoned agent Jose Compean, told WND her husband was in a different prison, still in solitary confinement.
Today is Ramos' 38th birthday. According to Loya, Ramos's three sons, aged 7, 9 and 13, woke up crying, not wanting to go to school. The children wanted to buy a cake and wait for their father to call so they could sing "Happy Birthday" to him on the phone and blow out the candles.
Early this morning, Loya began working with the office of U.S. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R.-Calif., to see if the warden would give Ramos special permission to call home on his birthday, after his children got home from school.
However, the birthday call didn't happen, Monica Ramos told WND.
"We went out and bought a cake," she said. "The kids came home expecting their dad to call from prison so they could wish him a happy birthday. But there isn't going to be any call. My 7-year-old, when he woke up this morning, the first thing he asked was if we could still celebrate today. I told him, 'Sure we can, baby,' and he's been looking forward to it all day."
However, Monica added, in tears: "He told me, 'They're not going to let me call later today.' He said the call in the afternoon only happened because Congress allowed it to happen. He said he doesn't have any privileges in prison. He hasn't even gotten the mail that everybody has been sending him. He told me, 'You really need to get me out of here.' That's what he told me last."

burtandnancy2
02-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Will be watching Lou Dobbs Tonight (CNN) to see if he picks up on this. He's been all over it for months...

HBjet
02-07-2007, 09:06 AM
INVASION USA
Government admits lying about jailed border agents
Inspector confronted on Capitol Hill, says promised 'proof' does not exist
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 6, 2007
8:06 p.m. Eastern
By Jerome R. Corsi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com
Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas
A Department of Homeland Security official admitted today the agency misled Congress when it contended it possessed investigative reports proving Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean confessed guilt and declared they "wanted to shoot some Mexicans" prior to the incident that led to their imprisonment.
The admission came during the testimony of DHS Inspector General Richard L. Skinner before the Homeland Security Subcommittee of the House Appropriations Committee, according to Michael Green, press secretary for Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas.
Culberson was questioning Skinner about a meeting DHS officials had Sept. 26 with him and three other Republican congressman from Texas, Reps. Ted Poe, Michael McCaul and Kenny Marchant.
(Story continues below)
WND previously reported that at that meeting the DHS Inspector General's office asserted it had documentary evidence Ramos and Compean:
confessed to knowingly shooting at an unarmed suspect;
stated during the interrogation they did not believe the suspect was a threat to them at the time of the shooting;
stated that day they "wanted to shoot a Mexican";
were belligerent to investigators;
destroyed evidence and lied to investigators.
Under questioning by Culberson, Skinner admitted DHS did not in fact have investigative reports to back up the claims: "The person who told you that misinformed you," Skinner reportedly replied.
This prompted a startled and angry response from Culberson, who charged Skinner's office with lying to the Texas congressmen and painting Ramos and Compean as dirty cops.
Ramos and Compean began prison sentences last month after their actions in the shooting of a drug smuggler who was granted immunity to testify against them.
Responding to Skinner's testimony yesterday, Poe said it "explains why DHS has been stonewalling Congress."
"DHS didn't turn over the reports to us to back up their September 26 accusations for one simple reason – the reports never existed," the Texas congressman said.
"Why did it take DHS four months to admit their error?" he asked. "I wonder how much more has DHS told the public and Congress about Ramos and Compean that simply isn't true?"
Poe said he's determined to get to the bottom of DHS's claim.
"I expect this new revelation will lead to a lot more questions before we're done," he said.
Andy Ramirez, who has been involved with the case as chairman of Friends of the Border Patrol, told WND the DHS's actions "represent obstruction of justice, and they should be held in contempt of Congress, and, if possible, prosecuted to the full extent of the law."
"This admission today is yet more proof of how they are willing to distort the facts, as I have charged all along, in order to ensure a conviction," he said.
HBjet

Moneypitt
02-07-2007, 09:21 AM
None of the false information was used at trial. No judge in the country would allow use of documents without actually seeing them. In the "trial by media" maybe, but not actually in court. Again, I think this whole thing stinks, but doubt this had much to do with the convictions........MP

HBjet
02-07-2007, 09:31 AM
None of the false information was used at trial. No judge in the country would allow use of documents without actually seeing them. In the "trial by media" maybe, but not actually in court. Again, I think this whole thing stinks, but doubt this had much to do with the convictions........MP
The trial was last March, and can you believe that the transcripts still have not been released....:mad: Very interesting, as if there is something to hide.
HBjet

Silver
02-07-2007, 09:40 AM
WAIT A MINUTE,,,
OMG.....I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF PEOPLE! THESE GUYS AND GALS ARE DOING THIS FOR US ALL! EVERY F***ING ONE THAT LIVES HERE!!!!
Dealing with the sum of the earth, and this is how these guys are being treated!
I am so pissed off!!!!!
HOPE AND PRAY FOR HIM........SHARE YOUR STRENGTH AND ENERGY! Right now he is in prison hoping and praying himself......thinking that no one cares!!!!!!!! And his wife and kids are hurting! :mad: And he's worried about them!
This BULLSHIT HAS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Where is the ACLU? Where is Amnesty International? Where is any other civil rights organization that looks after the rights of political prisoners? Their absence says volumes.:mad:

Baja Big Dog
02-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Where is the ACLU? Where is Amnesty International? Where is any other civil rights organization that looks after the rights of political prisoners? Their absence says volumes.:mad:
These groups are not here to protect the inocent!! Mums the word with this case Im sure.
Maybe the agents shoud trade their guns in for slingshots with the TJ cops...
Lets just arm all the criminals.

Old Texan
02-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Nothing short of a mistrial and a full pardon are acceptable solutions to this mess. :mad: :mad:

Moneypitt
02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
I just heard the legal process towards a Presidental pardon may take up to 1 1/2 years......A Fox news analist, (retired federal judge) says that the pardon process can't even get off the ground until the appelate avenues are exhausted, a process that usually takes at least a year, and more likely 1 1/2 years. Also the BP Agent that was assaulted did not request PC, assuming he would be out soon. The other Agent did, and received it at another facility. Are there grounds for a mistrial? I thought that was over and done once sentencing took place, and usually granted due to some error during trial, not afterwards. Are there grounds for an appeal? Seems as though any appealable issue would've been brought up at trial, as in challenging the dirtbag witnesses' validity and the prosecutor granting immunity. This dirt bag has been busted again, and no charges have been filed. IMO, prosecutoral misconduct would be the quickest way to get these guys out and then ask for the mistrial based on that............MP

HBjet
02-07-2007, 08:09 PM
I just heard the legal process towards a Presidental pardon may take up to 1 1/2 years......A Fox news analist, (retired federal judge) says that the pardon process can't even get off the ground until the appelate avenues are exhausted, a process that usually takes at least a year, and more likely 1 1/2 years. Also the BP Agent that was assaulted did not request PC, assuming he would be out soon. The other Agent did, and received it at another facility. Are there grounds for a mistrial? I thought that was over and done once sentencing took place, and usually granted due to some error during trial, not afterwards. Are there grounds for an appeal? Seems as though any appealable issue would've been brought up at trial, as in challenging the dirtbag witnesses' validity and the prosecutor granting immunity. This dirt bag has been busted again, and no charges have been filed. IMO, prosecutoral misconduct would be the quickest way to get these guys out and then ask for the mistrial based on that............MP
The President can Pardon anyone today if he wanted to. Heck, President Ford pardoned Nixon before there were charges against him. I have heard of the same process for pardons, but the President can pardon anyone when he wants to without that process.
HBjet