PDA

View Full Version : NEW NORDIC 42 CAT @ LA Show

TSPM
02-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Has anyone seen this boat or have pics to share?

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 12:30 PM
didn't get any pics, but it looks good...looks kinda like the underside of a 40' Skater :wink:

Kilrtoy
02-06-2007, 12:33 PM
didn't get any pics, but it looks good...looks kinda like the underside of a 40' Skater :wink:
It is the underside of a SKATER

ChumpChange
02-06-2007, 12:39 PM
How did I not see this boat? 42' and I missed it? :confused:

bunny 166
02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
It is...:rolleyes: :D

bunny 166
02-06-2007, 01:03 PM
It is the underside of a SKATER
Oops, you said it before me, LOL.....;)

BLOWN HOWARD
02-06-2007, 04:40 PM
I think there is more than just the underside of a Skater in that beast. The boat was splashed off of PRIME TIME!!!!!!!!

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 06:19 PM
I think there is more than just the underside of a Skater in that beast. The boat was splashed off of PRIME TIME!!!!!!!!
I was kidding...I don't think its really a "splash" at all...word on the street has been for months that Randy BOUGHT an old mold from Skater...

BLOWN HOWARD
02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
No old mold used, he used his PRIME TIME 40skater. From what i've heard is that the skater is a little cut up right now!!!! Motors are on the shelf!!!!

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 08:38 PM
No old mold used, he used his PRIME TIME 40skater. From what i've heard is that the skater is a little cut up right now!!!! Motors are on the shelf!!!!
lol leave it to Randy...ok, I know I heard he had permission from Skater to be building them...didn't think about making a mold off of his own boat :wink:
I know for sure I saw some east-coast molds in front of Nordic late summer though--30, might have been 32'...on a flatbed, no center sponson, two steps...

John.
02-06-2007, 09:44 PM
it is a monster size boat. looks pretty cool!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/jrambrose/IMG_0153.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/jrambrose/IMG_0152.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/jrambrose/IMG_0151.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/jrambrose/IMG_0154.jpg

Phat Matt
02-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey. They didn't have the back seat in it on Saturday when I looked at it.

Sandbar Mike
02-07-2007, 07:56 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/jrambrose/IMG_0153.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/jrambrose/IMG_0151.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/jrambrose/IMG_0154.jpg
Way to Fuc$ing go Nordic, That thing looks bad a$$! I want one.

roln 20s
02-07-2007, 10:43 AM
The Huge nordic 47' Vee next to it is just plain sick as well :D
Roln 20s

Boatlesss
02-08-2007, 11:26 AM
I heard that when you are looking at the photos of the new 43', you can still see the 'Prime Time" at the same time with out blinking your eyes.

TSPM
02-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Legit above board deal between Skater and Nordic to build the 43 and use the Skater Mold. Not PRIME TIME as mentioned above.
The bottom has been worked for entry as well as sections have been flaired and deeper sponsons. The top deck is an all NEW design from Ross Wilson Designs and not from PRIME TIME. The boat at the show is not completely finished and missing harware, motors and some other items. The 34 Cat will be finished by mid to late summer.

TSPM
02-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Here are more pics I posted.......
NORDIC 43 CAT & NORDIC / CYCLONE 47 (http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45653&perpage=20&pagenumber=3)

Deano
02-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Not bad for a "semi custom production boat builder";) :D
That thing is bad ass. I can't wait to see it running

shockwaveharry
02-09-2007, 07:59 PM
The Huge nordic 47' Vee next to it is just plain sick as well :D
Roln 20s
Even though it said Nordic on the side, that one still had someone else's name molded into the rear boarding steps. I don't remember what it was though.
So is Nordic going to retail these boats or are they just one-time deals? Seems like they're trying to quickly augment their "offshore" presence, stepping it up from just the 43...

mbrown2
02-09-2007, 08:27 PM
So is Nordic going to retail these boats or are they just one-time deals? Seems like they're trying to quickly augment their "offshore" presence, stepping it up from just the 43...
With Randy at the Helm it seems he is really going to go after the offshore segment as well....heck, he needs boats that will go to Catalina comfortably....if the rigging is as good as the looks he may really take Nordic back to upper tier of West Coast (or further) Custom boating....
Nordic used to be a name that was not prefaced by semi custom....it would be nice to see it that way again.

TSPM
02-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Even though it said Nordic on the side, that one still had someone else's name molded into the rear boarding steps. I don't remember what it was though.
CYCLONE

TSPM
02-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Retail ..... Not a one time deal. WAY too much money invested...lol These represent a whole new high end division of the company with direction from Ross Wilson. They will be attending several poker runs starting in 2007 and will also be on the race circuit at some point as well.

Boatlesss
02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Legit above board deal between Skater and Nordic to build the 43 and use the Skater Mold. Not PRIME TIME as mentioned above.
The bottom has been worked for entry as well as sections have been flaired and deeper sponsons. The top deck is an all NEW design from Ross Wilson Designs and not from PRIME TIME. The boat at the show is not completely finished and missing harware, motors and some other items. The 34 Cat will be finished by mid to late summer.
I don't think I would pronounce what is legal or not legal.
The boat at the show actually has the "Real Skater Bottom" that they were splashing to make the mold. Changes, yea just the deck.
Saying someone screwed with a design that works does not add value. Call a spade a spade, it's a splash that started with Rob King at Aftershock.
It is a good looking boat, just don't insult us.

TSPM
02-11-2007, 05:35 AM
I don't think I would pronounce what is legal or not legal.
The boat at the show actually has the "Real Skater Bottom" that they were splashing to make the mold. Changes, yea just the deck.
Saying someone screwed with a design that works does not add value. Call a spade a spade, it's a splash that started with Rob King at Aftershock.
It is a good looking boat, just don't insult us.
No insult intended........Just passing along the info from the factory. The bottom has been worked and tweaked a bit. Not looking to add value just some running mods.

riverracerx
02-12-2007, 11:48 AM
That's not the only one being built! ;) Try right in between that and the 27'.
Nordic plans to be a fierce competitor in the market. I wish them the best!

Deano
02-12-2007, 12:45 PM
I might have to wait until that 34 comes out to buy. I wonder where they will be priced? Like a spectre, skater, or dcb?

TSPM
02-12-2007, 01:00 PM
I might have to wait until that 34 comes out to buy. I wonder where they will be priced? Like a spectre, skater, or dcb?
They will be aggressively priced. The plan is to have availablity by early summer on the 34 CAT. It will be a 9.6 wide boat and have cutting edge styling, also a poven bottom like the 43 CAT..... real fast and extremely stable. NORDIC plans on running the NYC Poker Run with the 34 & 43 CATS as well as the 47-V. You might see the 43 and 47 at Desert Storm if all goes well. More 2007 Poker Runs are being planned as I write this post. NORDIC / CYCLONE will also hit the race circuit in 2008.

DCBDaytona
02-12-2007, 01:04 PM
They will be aggressively priced the first year or so. The plan is to have availablity by early summer on the 34 CAT. It will be a 9.6 wide boat and have cutting edge styling, also a poven bottom like the 43 CAT..... real fast and extremely stable. NORDIC plans on running the NYC Poker Run with the 34 & 43 CATS as well as the 47-V. You might see the 43 and 47 at Desert Storm if all goes well. More 2007 Poker Runs are being planned as I write this post. NORDIC / CYCLONE will also hit the race circuit in 2008.
Wow....Best of luck to Nordic on this quest. They definately have alot of work to do to make their 34' and 43' cats dominant in this small niche market. Hell, it takes more R&D then just splashing a Skater bottom...:o

Boatlesss
02-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Actually, the bottom for the 34' is the splash of a 32' Skater they got from Sanger.
It should be a good boat also.

Deano
02-12-2007, 02:31 PM
NORDIC / CYCLONE will also hit the race circuit in 2008.
very cool, I can't wait to see that. Do you have any renderings of the 34 that can be shared?

Deano
02-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Actually, the bottom for the 34' is the splash of a 32' Skater they got from Sanger.
It should be a good boat also.
so a 32 skater with a big swimstep....even better:D

Boatlesss
02-12-2007, 05:53 PM
so a 32 skater with a big swimstep....even better:D
Yea, at least it is the new stle 32' not the older one Spectre and Motion splashed.

dicudmore
02-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Yea, at least it is the new stle 32' not the older one Spectre and Motion splashed.
I have nothing smart-ass to say about that right now :wink:

TSPM
02-13-2007, 07:57 AM
very cool, I can't wait to see that. Do you have any renderings of the 34 that can be shared?
I am trying to get some from NORDIC. A number of potential buyers have also asked. I will post them when I get them. The 34 CAT will look very similar to the 43 CAT. If you guys had a choice.....would you prefer a canopied 34 or a warp around wind screen / windshield for the CAT......

Deano
02-13-2007, 09:22 AM
canopies. I think the wrap around looks better, but the canopies are more functional/friendly for jumping on and off the bow....just my .02

BADBLOWN572
02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
I am trying to get some from NORDIC. A number of potential buyers have also asked. I will post them when I get them. The 34 CAT will look very similar to the 43 CAT. If you guys had a choice.....would you prefer a canopied 34 or a warp around wind screen / windshield for the CAT......
I personally like the wrap around wind screen (similar to a Nortec or MTI). The canopies look better, in my opinion, but I am not too fond of how they distort your vision. The wind screens have less distortion and work just as well.

TSPM
02-13-2007, 11:46 AM
I personally like the wrap around wind screen (similar to a Nortec or MTI). The canopies look better, in my opinion, but I am not too fond of how they distort your vision. The wind screens have less distortion and work just as well.
The wrap around screen also provides wind protection for the rear center seated people. Nordic and Eliminator have an actuated wind deflector that is adjustable between the two canopie to solve the rear wind issue as well.

dicudmore
02-13-2007, 08:26 PM
I agree with the windshield rather than the 1/4 canopy...for the distortion and for the rear passengers.

ELVIS
02-13-2007, 09:17 PM
The boat is sitting in front of John Force Racing tuesday, looks like nordic is a sponser.

dicudmore
02-13-2007, 09:18 PM
The boat is sitting in front of John Force Racing tuesday, looks like nordic is a sponsor.
they are :D

ZBODaytona
02-14-2007, 08:38 AM
I prefer the wrap...just because i always have rear passengers...I really want to see what the cabin looks like. Is it just benches or is there some functionality to it like the mti's and Nortechs.. is there room down in sponsons like those two or is more like an elimintor dcb cabin?

TSPM
02-14-2007, 09:15 AM
The boat is sitting in front of John Force Racing tuesday, looks like nordic is a sponser.
Yes they are a sponsor John and Ashley Force :D

mbrown2
02-14-2007, 09:49 AM
After having Canopies I would much rather have the wrap....less distortion and better wind protection for the whole exposed cabin area....

40FlatDeck
02-14-2007, 10:16 AM
The Nordic looks great, I just can't help to think of the 44' Magic Cat that came out years ago. It took huge amounts of power to move.:sqeyes: My buddy was thinking about getting one but I talked him out of it. I hope the Nordic ends up to be just a touch better.:D

TSPM
02-14-2007, 10:21 AM
The Nordic looks great, I just can't help to think of the 44' Magic Cat that came out years ago. It took huge amounts of power to move.:sqeyes: My buddy was thinking about getting one but I talked him out of it. I hope the Nordic ends up to be just a touch better.:D
The Magic was 18,000 LBS :eek:
The NORDIC will be available in several layup configurations and not near 18,000 LBS for any of them.

andy01
02-14-2007, 12:21 PM
The Magic was 18,000 LBS :eek:
The NORDIC will be available in several layup configurations and not near 18,000 LBS for any of them.
What will the lay up be for the 34 and 43? What is price point going to be on the two boats? When is the 34 going to be done? Are they both going to have cabins? Or can they be order like a Skater/MTI/Spectre no cabin at all? Who is going to lay them up? Nordic in house or?
Andy

Boatlesss
02-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Not everyone can build them like "magic". Hopefully that is.:D

riverracerx
02-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I want a 34' with a bitchin' smoked Nordic windshield
a swim step
a decent cabin for the kids
with a 28' vee :D to trade in on it.

Brian
02-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Cool, a Skater with a swim deck, just what I've been waiting for. Time to ante up.
Finally, something worthy of replacing the Magic!
:D

Deano
02-14-2007, 09:09 PM
yea, I can't wait to see these things. I grew up on Nordics and just the name brings me back to some good memories on Havasu. 9.5 beam, swimstep, cabin.... fawk...these are going to be REALLY nice, and fast too:D .

40FlatDeck
02-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Cool, a Skater with a swim deck, just what I've been waiting for. Time to ante up.
Finally, something worthy of replacing the Magic!
:D
It takes more than a tweaked Skater bottom to be a Skater.:D

Magic34
02-15-2007, 09:00 AM
It takes more than a tweaked Skater bottom to be a Skater.:D
A teaked bottom with tweaked motors??? How is that mac and cheese tasting?
:D :D :D
Just kidding, do I still have a seat for the run? :D

40FlatDeck
02-15-2007, 01:21 PM
A teaked bottom with tweaked motors??? How is that mac and cheese tasting?
:D :D :D
Just kidding, do I still have a seat for the run? :D
You forgot tweaked trailer, tweaked drives, and tweaked paint......fag:D Happy Birthday by the way. Yeah, I have a seat for you.....We are limited to 110 so you will be fine.:jawdrop:

TSPM
02-15-2007, 03:08 PM
What will the lay up be for the 34 and 43? What is price point going to be on the two boats? When is the 34 going to be done? Are they both going to have cabins? Or can they be order like a Skater/MTI/Spectre no cabin at all? Who is going to lay them up? Nordic in house or?
Andy
For the specific information on layups you should contact the factory directly.
There is no pricing yet for either cat. It will be out in a month or so.
They will have cabins but can be oredered without as well.
The molds will be done by CYCLONE/RACE a division of Nordic Powerboats at a seperate location from what I have been told.
The 34 should be done by late Spring if all goes well.

ZBODaytona
02-16-2007, 06:39 AM
these cabins.....are they like an eliminator cabin, or more like a nortech mti cabin. What do they come with..I see it is center entrance, but is there more head room on the sponson? Be really nice if they put a stand up head in one of the sponsons or atleast a sit down one.

TSPM
02-16-2007, 08:17 AM
these cabins.....are they like an eliminator cabin, or more like a nortech mti cabin. What do they come with..I see it is center entrance, but is there more head room on the sponson? Be really nice if they put a stand up head in one of the sponsons or atleast a sit down one.
I have not seen the cabin layout yet. They have a few variations in mind from what I have heard.