PDA

View Full Version : Eric the Bengal is dieing

photo chick
02-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Those of you who know me know that the tiger in my Avatar is Eric, one of the tigers I've been working with...
His cancer has now turned for the worse and his chemo treatments are no longer working :mad: He is not expected to live through the month.
Please keep him in your thoughts and hopes that a miracle may happen.
Thanks,
Lori

rampgirl-top
02-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Is the tiger at a rescue place up near McKinney? My mom used to know a lady that worked there and donated money too. I think her name was Barb or Barbara?

photo chick
02-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Is the tiger at a rescue place up near McKinney? My mom used to know a lady that worked there and donated money too. I think her name was Barb or Barbara?
Yep, and we're pretty close to McKinney, it's actually Wylie, I think about 20 minutes from McKinney. There are two Barbaras there too! Probably the same place...Small world.

rampgirl-top
02-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Next time your out that way, mention my mom Judy Palma. Let them know she hadn't fallen off the earth...she just has alzhiemers and can't remember anything...not even my name.

LAND_LOVER69
02-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear it :( He will be in my prayers!

photo chick
02-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Next time your out that way, mention my mom Judy Palma. Let them know she hadn't fallen off the earth...she just has alzhiemers and can't remember anything...not even my name.
Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that..I will mention her though. What part of TX are you in?

photo chick
02-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Sorry to hear it :( He will be in my prayers!
Thank you:)

rampgirl-top
02-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Fort Worth for the next month, then moving to Mississippi.
I don't worry about her not knowing my name, she tells me she knows she loves me, but can't think of my name. Its all good.

Biglue
02-06-2007, 02:56 PM
That sucks Lori. Will hope for a miracle for Eric.

Biglue
02-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear that RGT. A friend of mine went though that with his father. So sad. God Bless.

Ziggy
02-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Those of you who know me know that the tiger in my Avatar is Eric, one of the tigers I've been working with...
His cancer has now turned for the worse and his chemo treatments are no longer working :mad: He is not expected to live through the month.
Thanks,
Lori
How sad. Hope there is some sort of miracle for Eric but if not I hope he goes with peace and dignity.

photo chick
02-06-2007, 03:07 PM
How sad. Hope there is some sort of miracle for Eric but if not I hope he goes with peace and dignity.
Thanks Ziggy.....yeah we'll let him go before it gets uncomfortable.
What also really stinks is we just finished an awesome swimming pool for him, it's in the shape of a paw print and has waterfalls....All his buddies will enjoy it in his memory though...

LAND_LOVER69
02-06-2007, 03:15 PM
How old is he?

photo chick
02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
How old is he?
He's only 6 and I'm afraid his sister will be devastated when he's gone. The two times he's left for surgery she's withdrawn.

LAND_LOVER69
02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
He's only 6 and I'm afraid his sister will be devastated when he's gone. The two times he's left for surgery she's withdrawn.
Man that sux! I'm sure it's hard. Keep your head up.

photo chick
02-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Man that sux! I'm sure it's hard. Keep your head up.
Thanks a bunch!!!

OnlyMoney
02-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. :( I've loved all your posts cause I got to look at him! I'm hoping for a miracle so he can enjoy his new pool.

Jordy
02-06-2007, 03:46 PM
:( :( :(

ratso
02-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I admire you for the type of job you are doing. I could never do it because of becoming too attached...:(

photo chick
02-06-2007, 03:47 PM
:( :( :(
Man of many words???
Thanks!

photo chick
02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I admire you for the type of job you are doing. I could never do it because of becoming too attached...:(
That is definitely the only hard part about this job! Thanks

photo chick
02-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. :( I've loved all your posts cause I got to look at him! I'm hoping for a miracle so he can enjoy his new pool.
Thanks....hey you didn't like my posts too?

lucky
02-06-2007, 03:50 PM
sry Lori - Will be thinking about "Eric"

909punk
02-06-2007, 03:51 PM
bummer

photo chick
02-06-2007, 03:59 PM
sry Lori - Will be thinking about "Eric"
Thanks Chris!!!

topless
02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Sorry to hear this Lori. He is beautiful.

vdrivenman
02-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Animals are God's special creatures. they love you unconditionally.
i beleive he has a special place set aside for them when they come into his kingdom.
he will be wating for you !

Tom Brown
02-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm sorry, Lori.

photo chick
02-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Animals are God's special creatures. they love you unconditionally.
i beleive he has a special place set aside for them when they come into his kingdom.
he will be wating for you !
I like that thanks!!
And Thanks Tom!!!

Mrs Luvnlife
02-06-2007, 04:50 PM
:( Sorry, Lori. Have always loved your avatar, he just looks so happy and content in that picuture, as if he's smiling ;) . I will certainly hope & pray for the best. Just remember the time you've had with him ;) .

photo chick
02-06-2007, 05:28 PM
:( Sorry, Lori. Have always loved your avatar, he just looks so happy and content in that picuture, as if he's smiling ;) . I will certainly hope & pray for the best. Just remember the time you've had with him ;) .
Thanks Jen, yeah that was one of the last times I saw him play, the day I spent photographing him.

photo chick
02-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear this Lori. He is beautiful.
Thanks girl!

TAF
02-07-2007, 06:00 AM
We all know he means alot to you and we're pulling for Eric. I've always loved that pic / avatar you took of him because it looks like he wants to say some smartallic remark to you (its a brotherly thing). I'm lucky to have seen him in person. Any of those who would like to purchase larger pics of Eric or see many other wild cat photos my sis has taken see her website attached at the bottom of all her posts or PM her. All cat pic proceeds go to the running of the wild cat shelter. If you're ever near Wiley, TX you need to see these cats for yourself.
Love ya sis,
Rob

Windy
02-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks,
Lori
At this point you will need a miracle. I will pray for Eric the Tiger. :(

Baja Big Dog
02-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Ill bet he had a great 6 years!!! Hope hes not in pain.

topless
02-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Ill bet he had a great 6 years!!! Hope hes not in pain.
Sounds like he has had a great 6 years. The only thing greater is if here in the wild being a normal Tiger. I had a friend in Texas that had a black leopard and a Mountain Lion. We used to go play with them all the time. The place where they were kept had many large cats and one was Tisha the Siberian Tiger. I have pictures of me with one of her babies. I miss those days. You hang in there Lori.

BarryMac
02-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Sorry to hear this Lori, he is a beautiful Cat. Do you have any larger photos of him that you would care to share with us?

squirt'nmyload
02-07-2007, 09:05 AM
just saw this lori, i hope he doesn't have to suffer during his last few weeks:( :(

Rexone
02-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Sorry Lori, this really sux. :(

Debbolas
02-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm sorry :(

photo chick
02-07-2007, 04:04 PM
QUOTE=BarryMac;2379854]Sorry to hear this Lori, he is a beautiful Cat. Do you have any larger photos of him that you would care to share with us?[/QUOTE]
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23708&stc=1&d=1170893041

photo chick
02-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your wishes and prayers....you guys are wonderful!!!!
On a good note we received a 9 month old Bobcat today who will help keep our spirits up.

photo chick
02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear this Lori, he is a beautiful Cat. Do you have any larger photos of him that you would care to share with us?
one more! He was stocking his sister herehttp://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23709&stc=1&d=1170898110

doc_texoma
02-07-2007, 06:41 PM
hey there photochickadee..
somewhat odd that i stumble into you last weekend only to find out your 6 year old kitty is ill...
i had to put my 6 year old golden retriever down last year... he was my buddy and having to do that was the most painful thing i've EVER done in my entire life.
so with that said.. i feel for you and hope good things can somehow come out of the situation... for me, the good that came out of losing Sandy-the-dog was knowing that when i'm ready to have another one how much love and affection i will dedicate to him through the memories of the one I had to put down.
Doc

photo chick
02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
hey there photochickadee..
somewhat odd that i stumble into you last weekend only to find out your 6 year old kitty is ill...
i had to put my 6 year old golden retriever down last year... he was my buddy and having to do that was the most painful thing i've EVER done in my entire life.
so with that said.. i feel for you and hope good things can somehow come out of the situation... for me, the good that came out of losing Sandy-the-dog was knowing that when i'm ready to have another one how much love and affection i will dedicate to him through the memories of the one I had to put down.
Doc
Thanks Doc....very nice words I appreciate it:D :D Sorry to hear about your Sandy... I have two Beagles and dread that day coming.

photo chick
02-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Sounds like he has had a great 6 years. The only thing greater is if here in the wild being a normal Tiger. I had a friend in Texas that had a black leopard and a Mountain Lion. We used to go play with them all the time. The place where they were kept had many large cats and one was Tisha the Siberian Tiger. I have pictures of me with one of her babies. I miss those days. You hang in there Lori.
Thanks girl! Yeah it's too bad the cats we get can't be released into the wild where they should be. Unfortunately, people think they can have them as pets in a normal neighborhood or as watch cats for their drug business. We even have three tigers from a family that thought they could keep breeding them over and over so they could make money allowing people to get their photos taken with a "baby tiger" Sick people out there!
So that's where we come in....