PDA

View Full Version : Serious Issues Racing

DUCKY
01-12-2003, 07:39 PM
Posting this for my brother. This is the Biesemeyer flat he bought from Big Boy Toys, now sporting new paint, and soon to be drag raced by his wife Niki.
Step 1, the way it looked when he picked it up from Jim. http://www.pritek.net/bigboytoys/vboatside.jpg

DUCKY
01-12-2003, 07:41 PM
Step 2, Primed and sanded...
and step 3, black base coat. http://www.havasubarney.com/iB_html/uploads/post-5-27042-biesmeyer_step_1_2.jpg

DUCKY
01-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Step 4, beginning the layout of the graphics. http://www.havasubarney.com/iB_html/uploads/post-5-27941-biese.jpg

DUCKY
01-12-2003, 07:44 PM
And here it is, cleared and getting closer to completion. jawdrop http://www.havasubarney.com/iB_html/uploads/post-5-27131-bies_4.jpg

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Oh MAN!! You're killing me here!!!!
NICE JOB!!!!

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Uh, can I have my boat back now? :rolleyes:
Hey Ducky, tell Chad that looks amazing! I too, am looking for another, somewhat like the same situation he went through. But, my next Biesemeyer will be for me....not the Mrs :D

01-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Verrrrry nice! wink

DUCKY
01-12-2003, 10:06 PM
I am sure he will see this, guys. I emailed him the link. I wish mine looked that good!

Hud
01-12-2003, 10:31 PM
Wow, looks good, lots of work there!! Nice job.

CircleJerk
01-12-2003, 11:56 PM
You guys a making me smile_sp a happy JeRk! Keepa circling....... smile_sp

GofastRacer
01-13-2003, 07:00 AM
Awesome job!!... http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif

Morg
01-13-2003, 07:25 AM
Looks Great,
Looking at the pic's is giving me the warm fuzzies dreaming of the day I roll mine out of the garage with fresh paint. smile_sp smile_sp
I also dig the KTM in the back of the Dodge. wink wink
Morg.
[ January 13, 2003, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Morg ]

Stab-n-Steer
01-13-2003, 07:38 AM
Ducky,
Sweet! Tell your brother "Awesome Job"!
S&S

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-13-2003, 08:34 AM
THANKS GUYS. WE ARE 3 MONTHS INTO IT NOW. DID ANYONE NOTICE THE SIDES WERE CUT DOWN TO GET RID OF THE LINE BY THE SEATS. WANTED TO MAKE IT LOOK A LITTLE MORE UPDATED. WE WILL BE PAINTING THE TRAILER THIS WEEK AND PUTING THE HARWARE AND ENGINE BACK IN. SHOULD BE LAKE READY IN 2 WEEKS

Infomaniac
01-13-2003, 08:52 AM
Wow

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Uh, can I have my boat back now?
Hey Ducky, tell Chad that looks amazing! I too, am looking for another, somewhat like the same situation he went through. But, my next Biesemeyer will be for me....not the Mrs
BBT hope you find one. The Mrs. said 12500 and you can have it back. I sent my brother "DUCKY" back to cali a few weeks after I picked up your boat to get my hydro. I hope to have it done in 3 months or so and should run 8 sec. class. the paint would be a little more complex and we need to do alot of work on the floor.
I just hope my wife lets me drive the Biesemeyer from time to time.

Flat Nasty
01-13-2003, 10:48 AM
Sure you can drive my biesemeyer honey, can I drive your hydro??? 8 seconds you say, I can do a lot of damage in 8 seconds! Still want to drive it?

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-13-2003, 11:05 AM
I saw you drive the 9 sec. hydro you dont scare me. besides I can fix anything (except you).

BigBoyToys
01-13-2003, 07:01 PM
You 2 are funny! Sorta reminds me of a certain Mrs over here. Congrats to ya's both on the nice boat(s) and the recent marriage. (Just remember, ya gotta let her win once in a while) argue :D LOL
I'm following you folks' lead....yep, we're getting another one and I'm going to teach the Mrs how to drive it. Should be fun.

ACCEPTENCE
01-14-2003, 04:16 PM
DUCKY:
And here it is, cleared and getting closer to completion. jawdrop http://www.havasubarney.com/iB_html/uploads/post-5-27131-bies_4.jpg Very nice looking deal, Now get it finished and bring it out to play...

24ROD
01-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Nice job Ducky :D

DUCKY
01-14-2003, 06:03 PM
24ROD:
Nice job Ducky :D I didn't do it.... My brother is "Serious Issues" and his wife is "Flat Nasty" It's their boat.

ACCEPTENCE
01-14-2003, 08:02 PM
DUCKY:
24ROD:
Nice job Ducky :D I didn't do it.... My brother is "Serious Issues" and his wife is "Flat Nasty" It's their boat. Still a very nice piece. Will they have it done in time for the Needles V-Drive Bash April 27th - May 5th??? It would be nice to see it there...

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-14-2003, 08:50 PM
acceptance.
It will be lake ready in 2 weeks. We still need to get my hydro done before then. We need to do the floor, paint and build the engine for it. I think 3 month and we can have it done. Just need to find the $4000 + -.
LOOKING FOR DONATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACCEPTENCE
01-15-2003, 08:53 AM
SERIOUS ISSUES:
acceptance.
It will be lake ready in 2 weeks. We still need to get my hydro done before then. We need to do the floor, paint and build the engine for it. I think 3 month and we can have it done. Just need to find the $4000 + -.
LOOKING FOR DONATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well...can't help ya with the 4k but if the flatty is done, make the trip to the Needels Bash. It's going to be a blast!!!!

RIVRHED
01-15-2003, 12:50 PM
NICE!
Its refreshing to see people doing thier own work on thier boats. smile_sp Your going to drag race it?
Nice job, cant wait to see it done.
RIVRHED

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-15-2003, 01:17 PM
it doesn't have a whirleaway so we cant race it. the Hydro, however we hope to get to the firebird race in October.

DUCKY
01-15-2003, 07:49 PM
SERIOUS ISSUES:
it doesn't have a whirleaway so we cant race it. the Hydro, however we hope to get to the firebird race in October. 10 seconds or slower is not required to have a propshaft release. It is recommended. This is straight from the '02 IHBA rule book.

GofastRacer
01-15-2003, 07:55 PM
If it runs 70+, it should have a whirlaway!!..My .02... :mad:

RIVRHED
01-15-2003, 10:31 PM
SI, spend the $ on the safety, you'll save 10x in the doctor bills if you get wet once.
Hope to see you and the hydro at FB sometime. What are you running, CE?

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-16-2003, 06:06 AM
In referance to a whirleaway, I had a motor lock up in my old DiMarco at 90+. It wasn't that bad w/o the whirleaway. I here ya guys about the getting wet thing. My last biesemeyer put my wife and I in the drink at about 85 in havasu 1 1/2 years ago. walked away a little sore but my wife broke 2 ribs and cracked a 3rd. still feel luck, 9 years of driving these boats and the firt time I got wet.
THE HYDRO WILL RUN IHBA PE I HOPE. WE WILL SEE HOW MUCH POWER WE GET OUT OF THE MOTOR AFTER IT IS BUILT.

DansBlown73Nordic
01-16-2003, 06:16 AM
That looks great. I love the look of the Checker Flag. I have been looking for some ideas for the Nordic. I don't think anything looks better than a Black boat. wink

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 06:19 AM
SERIOUS ISSUES:
In referance to a whirleaway, I had a motor lock up in my old DiMarco at 90+. It wasn't that bad w/o the whirleaway. I here ya guys about the getting wet thing. My last biesemeyer put my wife and I in the drink at about 85 in havasu 1 1/2 years ago. walked away a little sore but my wife broke 2 ribs and cracked a 3rd. still feel luck, 9 years of driving these boats and the firt time I got wet.
THE HYDRO WILL RUN IHBA PE I HOPE. WE WILL SEE HOW MUCH POWER WE GET OUT OF THE MOTOR AFTER IT IS BUILT. Well, that "new" Biesemeyer ya have is a safe boat. I never even came close to getting tossed. My wife on the other hand, wasn't holding on the first time I took her for a ride in it :D Didn't get tossed but she learned real quick that ya have to hold on when I'm behind the wheel eek! :D

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 06:30 AM
SERIOUS ISSUES:
THE HYDRO WILL RUN IHBA PE I HOPE. WE WILL SEE HOW MUCH POWER WE GET OUT OF THE MOTOR AFTER IT IS BUILT. "still feel luck"
Luck does run out!!... eek! wink

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-16-2003, 06:59 AM
I here ya guys, I felt inviceable for a very long time, the havasu thing woke me up a bit.
gofaster, were do you take your boat? I go to the lake all the time and have never seen your boat. Always looking for fast boats to play w/.
DANS66, thanks. The best thing about doing the work yourself is the compliments. anyone w/ $ can have a nice boat. Lots more fun to tell everyone you did it

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 07:46 AM
Serious, I've never had my boat in any of these lakes around here, I always go to the river, guess I'm spoiled!! :D It sure is a good feeling when people look at your boat and say how cool it is and when they ask who built it, you can say "I did it"..I built mine right from scratch, had a lot fun doing it too!!.. wink

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-16-2003, 08:12 AM
GofastRacer:
Serious, I've never had my boat in any of these lakes around here, I always go to the river, guess I'm spoiled!! :D It sure is a good feeling when people look at your boat and say how cool it is and when they ask who built it, you can say "I did it"..I built mine right from scratch, had a lot fun doing it too!!.. wink you should try barlett. not very far away and for faster boats the water doesn't get that bad. Its the lake we go to most often.

126driver
01-16-2003, 08:16 AM
SERIOUS ISSUES:
In referance to a whirleaway, I had a motor lock up in my old DiMarco at 90+. It wasn't that bad w/o the whirleaway.Bro, and I've seen boats broken in two when the motor locked up without a prop release. There was a long thread on prop releases a while back and different lines of thought, but if you're not going to race it, it's your boat and your choice. But at the top of this thread didn't Ducky say that you were going to drag race it? Whatever the case, very nice piece and good luck. :D
I thought BBT had that boat set up to run with the SSRS. What happened to the prop release?

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 08:23 AM
SERIOUS ISSUES:
GofastRacer:
Serious, I've never had my boat in any of these lakes around here, I always go to the river, guess I'm spoiled!! :D It sure is a good feeling when people look at your boat and say how cool it is and when they ask who built it, you can say "I did it"..I built mine right from scratch, had a lot fun doing it too!!.. wink you should try barlett. not very far away and for faster boats the water doesn't get that bad. Its the lake we go to most often. Yeah, I've heard talk of Bartlett, one of these days I'll have to take a ride out there and check it out!..

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-16-2003, 08:28 AM
126driver:
SERIOUS ISSUES:
In referance to a whirleaway, I had a motor lock up in my old DiMarco at 90+. It wasn't that bad w/o the whirleaway.Bro, and I've seen boats broken in two when the motor locked up without a prop release. There was a long thread on prop releases a while back and different lines of thought, but if you're not going to race it, it's your boat and your choice. But at the top of this thread didn't Ducky say that you were going to drag race it? Whatever the case, very nice piece and good luck. :D
I thought BBT had that boat set up to run with the SSRS. What happened to the prop release? It was set up for ssrs except it was missing the prop release. he didnt install one because of cost and the possible capsule rule. I guess it wasn't worth it.
we are building a hydro to race and it has all the safety stuff in it, My wife would love to race in the boat as a PS if they get away from the capsule rule. If we do that is would have the prop release, as for now it is just a fast, fun lake boat.
anyone have a whirleaway for sale?

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Talk to Tom at Menkens, he'll set you up!... :cool:

superdave013
01-16-2003, 09:09 AM
SERIOUS ISSUES:
126driver:
SERIOUS ISSUES:
I thought BBT had that boat set up to run with the SSRS. What happened to the prop release? It was set up for ssrs except it was missing the prop release. he didnt install one because of cost and the possible capsule rule. I guess it wasn't worth it.
we are building a hydro to race and it has all the safety stuff in it, My wife would love to race in the boat as a PS if they get away from the capsule rule. If we do that is would have the prop release, as for now it is just a fast, fun lake boat.
anyone have a whirleaway for sale? Even a fast fun lake boat should have a prop release in it. Make sure you get the correct one if you are running off the snout.
And yeah, Tom @ Menkens is a good soruce for then.

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 05:28 PM
126driver:
SERIOUS ISSUES:
I thought BBT had that boat set up to run with the SSRS. What happened to the prop release? Scott, I had the stuff ready to install for the whirlaway and was going to have it ready for Red Bluff in 2002, but, after fuming a little more over the APBA (and their stupidity) and the capsule BS, I sold it and never installed it. The motor that I included with the boat is a SS legal motor after changing the intake and ignition. So, technically, that boat, add a whirlaway, change the intake/carbs and ignition, and it's SS legal. The engine had maybe 25 hours or so on it.

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 05:32 PM
And as a footnote....I am VERY close to purchasing another circle boat. I'll be setting it up for the lake right now....but...
We'll just see which direction the SSRS goes in relation to APBA before any more decisions are made wink I will tell ya this, I like circle racing FAR better than drags.
Keep me informed 126driver as to what's going on. Give a yell at Paul and have him email me once in a while to let me know what's going on with the SSRS....ya never know what can happen. Maybe racing a circle boat again soon? We'll see eek!

126driver
01-16-2003, 05:41 PM
Will do BBT, though it's going to take a while for me to get caught up with all of the SSRS stuff...the meeting is this weekend in Vegas and I had to back out of my plans due to work. :mad: There's going to be some changes though...

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 05:48 PM
126driver:
Will do BBT, though it's going to take a while for me to get caught up with all of the SSRS stuff...the meeting is this weekend in Vegas and I had to back out of my plans due to work. :mad: There's going to be some changes though... I hope there's changes. I've been around boat racing for some 25 years or so and have never seen an organization that is comparable to the SSRS. I would re-join the SSRS in a heartbeat if there were certain changes. And ya know, I think that the SSRS could survive as a separate organization, not sanctioned by APBA. The APBA needs the SSRS, but the SSRS don't need the APBA.
Like I say, we'll see what happens....

haulina29
01-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Why not build it and race it and if they go to capsule rule put it on the lake ? SSRS is a great program and there are alot of guys having a blast they dont seem to be to concerend about the capsule dilema . The non racers seem to have more of an issue with it than the racers do . Numbers on a Beismeyer dont make it a circle boat , I would call it a lake flat or a ski boat if i didnt race it just my 0.2

ps555
01-16-2003, 06:09 PM
BBT You dont have to worry about emailing Paul from what heard through the grapevine hes stepped awsy from the series. Thats about all the info I give you intill the meeting over I know a little more but I want to make sure I give the corect info and not bullshit :D

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 06:19 PM
haulina29:
Why not build it and race it and if they go to capsule rule put it on the lake ? SSRS is a great program and there are alot of guys having a blast they dont seem to be to concerend about the capsule dilema . The non racers seem to have more of an issue with it than the racers do . Numbers on a Beismeyer dont make it a circle boat , I would call it a lake flat or a ski boat if i didnt race it just my 0.2 Because we are currently setting up a drag boat.... And, if I'm gonna build a boat to race(I agree, numbers on it don't make a race boat), it takes alot of time and $$ that I'm not gonna commit to something that I may or may not be able to race for 1 year. On the other hand, we have been looking at maybe running a circle boat in the NJBA brackets....and see what happens in 2004.

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 06:22 PM
ps555:
BBT You dont have to worry about emailing Paul from what heard through the grapevine hes stepped awsy from the series. Thats about all the info I give you intill the meeting over I know a little more but I want to make sure I give the corect info and not bullshit :D The last time I talked to Paul, we had a lengthy conversation and it sounded to me like it was a bit overwhelming for him and he was extremely busy trying to do normal daily routines and run the SSRS. I thought at that time that he might be getting a little burnt out on the whole deal... He's a great guy. I'd hate to see him leave the SSRS.

GN117 Big Dawg
01-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Hi BBT!I told my good freind Todd up in Denver, of your plans for a sprinter. He told me, that you guys talked, and he sent some pix of his red boat. Pretty bitchin piece huh! Just thought I'd mention it, I thought the thing was spectacular myself. If I wasn't doing the GN deal, I'd jump all over it! A bitchin boat, for a rightious price....sweet!
[ January 16, 2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: GN117 Big Dawg ]

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Yes, we talked for a while. It is a VERY nice boat......

Well Done
01-17-2003, 06:21 PM
Ducky.......what a ride. The graphics are awesome!!

BigBoyToys
01-17-2003, 07:06 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :D

ps555
01-17-2003, 08:03 PM
bbt check your PMs

GofastRacer
01-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Well Done:
Ducky.......what a ride. The graphics are awesome!! Totally awesome!... wink

BILLY.B
01-17-2003, 09:44 PM
haulina29:
Why not build it and race it and if they go to capsule rule put it on the lake ? SSRS is a great program and there are alot of guys having a blast they dont seem to be to concerend about the capsule dilema . The non racers seem to have more of an issue with it than the racers do . Numbers on a Beismeyer dont make it a circle boat , I would call it a lake flat or a ski boat if i didnt race it just my 0.2 Come up with your on 0.2(#s on a Biesemeyer don't make it a circle boat) Lance used that 2 years ago, nice try though! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

haulina29
01-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Must have hit close to home ,lol

DUCKY
01-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Well Done:
Ducky.......what a ride. The graphics are awesome!! Thanks, but I didn't do it. My sister in law(Flat Nasty) drew out the graphics, and my brother (Serious Issues) painted it. It's their boat.

BILLY.B
01-17-2003, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by haulina29:
Must have hit close to home ,lol [/QUOTE Raced for 13 yrs, been there done that.Less ego's and cry at the river. Now i'm not saying that racing isn't fun because I had a great time, but it amazes me how the racers want to put down the river guy's just because we don't take our boat to the races "different strokes for different folks". If i'm not mistaken there both about having fun and doing something you enjoy, so with that said have fun going around in circles!! wink

BigBoyToys
01-18-2003, 02:23 AM
ps555:
bbt check your PMs Got it PS555, reply is waiting for ya...

Chief 2 Wings
01-18-2003, 02:35 AM
I've seen better flames on a wet match! Is your sister inlaw a 5yr. old? :rolleyes:
[ January 18, 2003, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Chief 2 Wings ]

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Chief 2 Wings:
I've seen better flames on a wet match! Is your sister inlaw a 5yr. old? :rolleyes: Hey smart-ass... are you always a piece of s@!t or just a little spunky today? I don't see any pics of your boat. Probably a jet huh?

BigBoyToys
01-30-2003, 03:25 AM
Hey Chad & Niki, I need a kickstart to get me back in full Biesemeyer mode again. Got any new pics of the boat? How's it coming along?

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-30-2003, 06:38 AM
BigBoyToys:
Hey Chad & Niki, I need a kickstart to get me back in full Biesemeyer mode again. Got any new pics of the boat? How's it coming along? the trailer was painted and carpet put on 2 weeks ago, the harware went in that week and the motor was dropped in on Saturday (fired her up on Sunday). We are now getting the seats done to make it complete (will have them back in 3 weeks or so). It does look good and will have pics up this weekend (I hope).

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-30-2003, 06:42 AM
Hey BBT! by the way, it looks like we are going to buy that Revenge that needs some love. I plan on selling it after It's completed if you have not purchased one by then.

BILLY.B
01-30-2003, 06:45 AM
BigBoyToys:
Hey Chad & Niki, I need a kickstart to get me back in full Biesemeyer mode again. Got any new pics of the boat? How's it coming along? Come on BBT. Why do you need pictures to get you going on the Biesemeyer?. You should be able to remember running over rollers at speed and then slamming the boat into a turn and so on and so on. :D

circleboatKIDD
01-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Serious Issues I have 4 trailers lined up 1 dolly and three road 1 is a customs elis trailer. Email me I can give you the #s to them. :D

DUCKY
01-30-2003, 06:52 PM
Chief 2 Wings:
I've seen better flames on a wet match! Is your sister inlaw a 5yr. old? :rolleyes: Oh, I predict you just lost some stars, DICKHEAD! :mad:

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-30-2003, 08:26 PM
DUCKY:
Chief 2 Wings:
I've seen better flames on a wet match! Is your sister inlaw a 5yr. old? :rolleyes: Oh, I predict you just lost some stars, DICKHEAD! :mad: hey snot, you just read that.

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-30-2003, 08:29 PM
circleboatKIDD:
Serious Issues I have 4 trailers lined up 1 dolly and three road 1 is a customs elis trailer. Email me I can give you the #s to them. :D just sent you a email