PDA

View Full Version : Boat is finished/ Thanks Ultra

DEMOMAN
02-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I would like to extend a sincere thank you to John West and the entire team at ULTRA. We could not be happier with the way our Shadow turned out.:) This weather has me ready to hitch her up and go.

yopengo
02-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Very nice. :D

ratso
02-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Very Nice!;)

Biglue
02-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I saw that at the show. You guys did an awsome job picking out the colors on it. The wife and I were amazed at how nice it looked. Congrats.

KineticoH20
02-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Congrats, absolutley beautiful!

Kilrtoy
02-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Congrats , that is the best feeling seeing your new boat

DEMOMAN
02-06-2007, 05:18 PM
I saw that at the show. You guys did an awsome job picking out the colors on it. The wife and I were amazed at how nice it looked. Congrats.
Thanks, its kind of weird doing a custom build because even though you have an idea, you never quite know how it will turn out in the end.

dumbandyoung
02-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Nice boat!
I saw that at the show. My brother was in love with the gel.:D

jrgaudettes
02-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Sweet ride, I also checked it out at the show. Congrats.

blown65
02-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Very nice, I gotta go to the show one of these days.
Stupid work. :(

ULTRA26 # 1
02-06-2007, 06:04 PM
The colors and design are nice. I saw the boat at Corona when I was picking up my 26. As soon as I got home I emailed JW and told how much I liked it. That's when I learned it was yours.
Congratulations. You're going to love the way it runs on the rough stuff at Havasu.
John M

HavasuSelect
02-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Incredible boat! I snapped a few pics of it too...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/blulitespecial8/2007%20Boat%20Show/IMG_0098.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/blulitespecial8/2007%20Boat%20Show/IMG_0097.jpg

plaster dave
02-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Congrats on the boat it looks awesome. What are your seat made of it looks different?

USCFAN
02-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Congrats , that is the best feeling seeing your new boat
I thought the best feeling was selling your boat??:)

DEMOMAN
02-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Congrats on the boat it looks awesome. What are your seat made of it looks different?
The seats are vinyl with a carbon fiber look to them. When I compared samples of vinyl this stuff sure felt durable.

Jyruiz
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Very, very nice, congrats.

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 06:27 PM
that came out AMAZING :D :D
Anybody out there that still thinks JW's boats aren't on a level playing field with other builders should take another look right there--and at the 26' deck at the show (blue/silver) and at Shippingguy's 27'

Devil's Advocate
02-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Great looking boat!;)

beaverretriever
02-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Quit posting pix like this, John's prices will be through the roof when Im ready to buy...LOL
The boat looks AWESOME

Beer-30
02-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Everyone that wants a new Shadow stand by. If it is like the rest of the new boats on here, it is already for sale again! :)

Psycho Squid
02-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Nice boat! Love the colors! :D

DEMOMAN
02-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Everyone that wants a new Shadow stand by. If it is like the rest of the new boats on here, it is already for sale again! :)
everything is always for sale.:)

HatenWinter
02-06-2007, 07:21 PM
It looks even nicer in person, congrats!

shippingguy
02-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Adam the boat looks awesome. Congrats!! It was nice to see you this weekend at the show.
Cudmore thanks for the compliment on my boat as well. I really do feel that Ultra is taking it to the next level and many that I talked with at the show agree.

talbert450r
02-06-2007, 07:38 PM
That boat is awsome. Saw it at the show and could not take my eyes off it. :)

DILLIGAF
02-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Great looking boat. COngrats!

Dana Marine Products
02-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I've got to say, I saw your boat when it was being rigged, it is very clean. That was a new powdercoat color that I showed John and he ordered the kit 3 days later. Innovative decisions on colors and products produce results as seen in your pics. Don't forget to throw up a line here when you run that boat and try out your new electric windshields.

talbert450r
02-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I've got to say, I saw your boat when it was being rigged, it is very clean. That was a new powdercoat color that I showed John and he ordered the kit 3 days later. Innovative decisions on colors and products produce results as seen in your pics. Don't forget to throw up a line here when you run that boat and try out your new electric windshields.
Those new windshields have to be the best and most innovative product of the year. They are very very nice.

DEMOMAN
02-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks Mike. The booth set up was great. We especially liked the cubicles set up with the boat benches, t.v., tables, toys etc. After walking the show all day it was nice for the kids to take a break. Thanks again.

shippingguy
02-06-2007, 07:45 PM
DMP I have the first set you made for JW. We put them on my baot and I must say they are BAD ASS!!! I love them. One question. Is there going to be any kind of seal developed for the top around the bezel? Sorry for the little thread jack.

DEMOMAN
02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks. Those new windshields are pretty trick, can't wait to try them out. Shippinguy says they work great.

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
That boat is awsome. Saw it at the show and could not take my eyes off it. :)
hmm---the wheels are already turning, its just a matter of time now :D

talbert450r
02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks. Those new windshields are pretty trick, can't wait to try them out. Shippinguy says they work great.
They do work

shippingguy
02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks Mike. The booth set up was great. We especially liked the cubicles set up with the boat benches, t.v., tables, toys etc. After walking the show all day it was nice for the kids to take a break. Thanks again.
Thanks. Cannot wait to get out on the water and make soem runs soon. We need to break these boats in right:)

Dana Marine Products
02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
We're designing a small rubber cap that will snap in place for storage. New products are what we live for. We can design parts all day, in the end if no one buys them, it's meaningless. It's nice working with OEM's who take a risk and don't hesitate on installing new and innovative hardware. When we get a green light to do whatever we want with a boat, the results are things like the Ultra 26 deck hardware, including the electric windshields, or the new Eliminator 36 Coupe hardware, including the new linear cockpit opener, or the Cobra 290 hardware, including the hydraulic seat bases. Innovation sets future standards.

shippingguy
02-06-2007, 07:55 PM
We're designing a small rubber cap that will snap in place for storage. New products are what we live for. We can design parts all day, in the end if no one buys them, it's meaningless. It's nice working with OEM's who take a risk and don't hesitate on installing new and innovative hardware. When we get a green light to do whatever we want with a boat, the results are things like the Ultra 26 deck hardware, including the electric windshields, or the new Eliminator 36 Coupe hardware, including the new linear cockpit opener.
Definitely keep us posted on that rubber cap I would like to get them when they are ready. Keep up the great innnovative work. Your work is top notch!!

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks. Cannot wait to get out on the water and make soem runs soon. We need to break these boats in right:)
saturday it is :D

shippingguy
02-06-2007, 08:01 PM
saturday it is :D
I wish. You better quit rubbing it in buddy:D I am hoping mid-March.

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
I wish. You better quit rubbing it in buddy:D I am hoping mid-March.
March?? I wanna go NOW

phebus
02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
There are a few builders, that strive to raise the bar, with every build they do. It's obvious that Ultra is one of those builders, and your boat is proof that they are succeeding.
Congratulations on such a beautifull and well built boat.

phebus
02-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh, and those speaker pods under the engine hatch look awesome.

shippingguy
02-06-2007, 08:14 PM
March?? I wanna go NOW
Yeah me too, but I do not have the boat back yet. Finishing a few more things. I am sure after the show you will see DEMOMAN out there, right Adam???:D

DEMOMAN
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Trust me when the show is over I will be watching the weather for that first 80 degree weekend.

DEMOMAN
02-06-2007, 08:28 PM
There are a few builders, that strive to raise the bar, with every build they do. It's obvious that Ultra is one of those builders, and your boat is proof that they are succeeding.
Congratulations on such a beautifull and well built boat.
Thanks phebus. This is our 2nd Ultra and I can tell you they are terrific to work with.

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Trust me when the show is over I will be watching the weather for that first 80 degree weekend.
Adam that is what jackets are for...forecast for this weekend is 76 degrees on saturday--thats close enough for me to call it 80 :D

Throttle
02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
We're designing a small rubber cap that will snap in place for storage. New products are what we live for. We can design parts all day, in the end if no one buys them, it's meaningless. It's nice working with OEM's who take a risk and don't hesitate on installing new and innovative hardware. When we get a green light to do whatever we want with a boat, the results are things like the Ultra 26 deck hardware, including the electric windshields, or the new Eliminator 36 Coupe hardware, including the new linear cockpit opener, or the Cobra 290 hardware, including the hydraulic seat bases. Innovation sets future standards.
ah ha, now you got my attention...
congrats on the new boat, look forward to seein you both on the water...:)

voodoomedman
02-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Don't mind me. Just peeking in on an Ultra thread. :D
J/K. That was a beautiful boat. I want one. :(

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Don't mind me. Just peeking in on an Ultra thread. :D
J/K. That was a beautiful boat. I want one. :(
just do it :D

voodoomedman
02-06-2007, 10:28 PM
just do it :D
Sure just give me 70 grand and I'll do it.

Johnwithjm
02-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Your boat looks great. I love the colors.

Tom Brown
02-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Don't forget to throw up a line here when you run that boat and try out your new electric windshields.
How about a picture or two of the windshields? I'm curious to see what they're about. :)
Oh... and great boat. :cool:

Not So Fast
02-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Thats one awesome looking boat, no doubt. Two questions, how do you think the dark colors will be in the heat and the interior material looks very cool but will it clean up OK and how because it looks like it is woven or heavy patterned?? Good luck and enjoy!!! NSF

Dana Marine Products
02-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Here's what the windshields look like out of the boat,
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23680&stc=1&d=1170860073
I'll try to get a good pic of them installed from the show.

shippingguy
02-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Thats one awesome looking boat, no doubt. Two questions, how do you think the dark colors will be in the heat and the interior material looks very cool but will it clean up OK and how because it looks like it is woven or heavy patterned?? Good luck and enjoy!!! NSF
The interior wipoes up real easy and soes not hold the dirt. Only one issue we see is that if you tear the interior you can reapair it like any other vinyl, but you cannot repair it with the texture so the repair will be a smooth spot. It is so new we have yet to have yet to have to do a repair.

catman-do
02-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Cool looking boat. Im sure you will be more than pleased being an owner of an Ultra and the dealing with all the guys (and ladies) at Ultra. I like the interior, very original. Hopefully we will see you on the water soon!

Not So Fast
02-07-2007, 08:07 AM
The interior wipoes up real easy and soes not hold the dirt. Only one issue we see is that if you tear the interior you can reapair it like any other vinyl, but you cannot repair it with the texture so the repair will be a smooth spot. It is so new we have yet to have yet to have to do a repair.
Thanks for the info, the interior material is very cool. I thought there was a guy on here some time back that said this material was very hot to the touch in the summer, any feedback on that. You guys are building some awesome boats for sure. Thanks, NSF

shippingguy
02-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the info, the interior material is very cool. I thought there was a guy on here some time back that said this material was very hot to the touch in the summer, any feedback on that. You guys are building some awesome boats for sure. Thanks, NSF
Have not heard anything yet. My boat was the first we put it in, but we just used the silver carbon fiber as accent pieces. JW's 26 Deckboat that was in Hot Boat and the boats at the show are the first ones we covered the whole boat with it. No feedback on summer temps or any temps for that matter.
Thanks for the compliment. Ultra is definitely moving forward and doing new things. The new 26 Stealth (V) is going to be beautiful.

jbtrailerjim
02-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Congrats. It turned out awesome. I look forward to checking it out in person, when I hit up the show this week.