PDA

View Full Version : Props to Box Anchor

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:00 PM
I switched from a fluke style anchor to the box style many years back and have never been impressed as everyone else seems to be. So last night as the show was closing I spoke to them at the booth about the problem and was told even though I had the correct size already to bring it to the store in Havi and get full credit for the old one, (about 4 years old) toward the next larger size. I only pay the current difference in price. Now that's a stand behind your product company!

acatitude
02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
good customer service......... props to them No pun intended:D

HavasuSelect
02-06-2007, 06:04 PM
They told me something similar. I told them that I wanted to get the larger size anchor just in case I step up to a bigger boat. They then told me to bring the old anchor back when I step up the size of my boat and they'd credit the full price towards a new anchor! Major props to them. I'll be stopping by their shop in the Spring.

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Too bad not all warranties/companies/owners/principles stand up like this one.

HavasuSelect
02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Too bad not all warranties/companies/owners/principles stand up like this one.
No kidding, can you imagine if all companies worked that way. Use a boat for 3 years then turn it in for a brand new one for the difference:D

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:13 PM
No kidding, can you imagine if all companies worked that way. Use a boat for 3 years then turn it in for a brand new one for the difference:D
Worked for me! Gotta love the Cheetah resale value.

HavasuSelect
02-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Worked for me! Gotta love the Cheetah resale value.
Congrats again, when are you supposed to take delivery?

mrs.rvrluvr
02-06-2007, 06:14 PM
we love their products. got two slide anchors and 2 box anchors. We wouldnt have any other brand

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Congrats again, when are you supposed to take delivery?
YEOW! (Hard to say) I'm hoping to take it out for spring break.:idea:
Maybe in week or two..maybe...

HavasuSelect
02-06-2007, 06:21 PM
YEOW! (Hard to say) I'm hoping to take it out for spring break.:idea:
Maybe in week or two..maybe...
Awesome, that was quick. Didn't they just start building it?

77charger
02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
good to hear that.I have a box anchor and its main advantage for me was using in needles area or if it was a rockier bottom.Standard anchor had a hard time grabbing in the small parts of sand unless you made a perfect throw and i didnt want to spend 15 minutes doing so.
But for everything else the danforth is what i use(just remember at least 3-1 rope to depth ratio)And works better in some cases

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:30 PM
good to hear that.I have a box anchor and its main advantage for me was using in needles area or if it was a rockier bottom.Standard anchor had a hard time grabbing in the small parts of sand unless you made a perfect throw and i didnt want to spend 15 minutes doing so.
But for everything else the danforth is what i use(just remember at least 3-1 rope to depth ratio)And works better in some cases
Its nice to hear some one knows about rode/scope. I crack up watching people every summer drop their anchors straight down and expecting it to hold.

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 06:32 PM
ULTRA CUSTOM BOATS 619-443-1100
Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure at trade-up time on your 2-3 year old Ultra you'll like the # you're given on the trade...

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Its nice to hear some one knows about rode/scope. I crack up watching people every summer drop their anchors straight down and expecting it to hold.
true that...
side note, box anchors don't hold for chit if your knot comes loose :wink:

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Awesome, that was quick. Didn't they just start building it?
I've been waiting about two years now but its almost done.

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:34 PM
true that...
That's forked up! No warranty for that either I'll bet.

mrs.rvrluvr
02-06-2007, 06:36 PM
true that...
no kidding
there is a brand new box anchor at the bottom of Devils Elbow because of a bad knot:devil: :mad:

beaverretriever
02-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Site please...
Thanks.
I really need to get rid of the rope tied to an old shoe filled with cow dung. It doesn't match my gel coat.

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Site please...
Thanks.
I really need to get rid of the rope tied to an old shoe filled with cow dung. It doesn't match my gel coat.
http://www.slideanchor.com/

eliminatedsprinter
02-06-2007, 07:22 PM
I got a box anchor at the boat show. I have put off buying one because, I used to have another anchor that I loved. It was called a Cine Anchor. It was very light, worked best without a chain, and held the boat great, even in the worst wind that Isabella could dish out. I hope my box anchor works as well (it better since it's at least 4x the weight). The best things about the Cine Anchor were that it was so light, yet it still worked and it was $12.95 at Wallmart. The downsides were that, even though it was better than other anchors at hooking up, it didn't have the weight to hold on a smooth hard surface and I haven't been able to find one for sale since I got the one I had.:confused:

mrs.rvrluvr
02-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I got a box anchor at the boat show. I have put off buying one because, I used to have another anchor that I loved. It was called a Cine Anchor. It was very light, worked best without a chain, and held the boat great, even in the worst wind that Isabella could dish out. I hope my box anchor works as well (it better since it's at least 4x the weight). The best things about the Cine Anchor were that it was so light, yet it still worked and it was $12.95 at Wallmart. The downsides were that, even though it was better than other anchors at hooking up, it didn't have the weight to hold on a smooth hard surface and I haven't been able to find one for sale since I got the one I had.:confused:
What happend to it

Mandelon
02-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I switched from a fluke style anchor to the box style many years back and have never been impressed as everyone else seems to be. So last night as the show was closing I spoke to them at the booth about the problem and was told even though I had the correct size already to bring it to the store in Havi and get full credit for the old one, (about 4 years old) toward the next larger size. I only pay the current difference in price. Now that's a stand behind your product company!
Rick, you know you need to unfold it right? :D

nodigg
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Rick, you know you need to unfold it right? :D
NOW I do!:eek:

mobldj
02-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Rick , You Know Cheetah Bob.......you Got The Anchor,if He Will Supply You The Boat In Time...lol