PDA

View Full Version : I-40 rest areas! WHY is one ALWAYS closed?

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Is Caltrans trying to say its too expensive to maintain both of them at the same time? Can anyone remember seeing them both open at the same time?
They make it impossible to pull over to the side if you get tired by cutting berms and installing curbs and then close the rest areas!? Let's talk safety please!

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:26 PM
don't tell us you do doed your pants,:D the ones on i-15 are always closed to:idea:
Oh HEL* no! I am not afraid to use the natural terrain but parking is a bit dangerous.

dicudmore
02-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Is Caltrans trying to say its too expensive to maintain both of them at the same time? Can anyone remember seeing them both open at the same time?
They make it impossible to pull over to the side if you get tired by cutting berms and installing curbs and then close the rest areas!? Let's talk safety please!
I do remember both open, but I'm talking 2 summers ago...they are that way on the 15 as well--and you never know week to week which one will be open--if either of 'em

DILLIGAF
02-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I can't remember the last time it was open Rick

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:32 PM
I can't remember the last time it was open Rick
Is Dee sitting next to you?:D Your memory is SHITE when she is around.

Racer277
02-06-2007, 06:34 PM
The first big weekend of the one lane closure, traffic was backed up there for over an hour (we turned back to Havi).
I could tell that the septics had filled (bad)...
It hasn't been opened since then. I'm sure that once they fill, they won't drain properly again so they need replacing, but ask your buddy Homer, he would know best.
It is pretty silly that we will go back into the busy season, with road closures, and the rest areas are still closed...

Racer277
02-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Sorry Rick (Homer), I thought I was replying to Tom!
BTW, the new boat looks awesome!
Congrats!

DILLIGAF
02-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Is Dee sitting next to you?:D Your memory is SHITE when she is around.
It ain't about looking back Rick...only looking forward :)

dumbandyoung
02-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Last 4th of July weekend, I was in traffic going up the pass. I couldn't hold it and we were moving 2 mph. So I pulled over and dropped a duce on the side of the road. I had to dig in my duffel bag for my least favorite shirt to wipe. :D

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:36 PM
The first big weekend of the one lane closure, traffic was backed up there for over an hour (we turned back to Havi).
I could tell that the septics had filled (bad)...
It hasn't been opened since then. I'm sure that once they fill, they won't drain properly again so they need replacing, but ask your buddy Homer, he would know best.
It is pretty silly that we will go back into the busy season, with road closures, and the rest areas are still closed...
I know where they can get a bigger tank TOMMORROW!:idea: :D

nodigg
02-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Last 4th of July weekend, I was in traffic going up the pass. I couldn't hold it and we were moving 2 mph. So I pulled over and dropped a duce on the side of the road. I had to dig in my duffel bag for my least favorite shirt to wipe. :D
Now ya see, that's why the back of my passenger seat pocket is always overflowing with Del Taco napkins!

Kachina26
02-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I know I've seen them both open, but you probably have to be well over 40 to actually notice if they are open or not. :D

Beer-30
02-06-2007, 06:59 PM
They close one at a time because:
Shitter's Full!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Cousin_Eddie.jpg/180px-Cousin_Eddie.jpg

dumbandyoung
02-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Now ya see, that's why the back of my passenger seat pocket is always overflowing with Del Taco napkins!
No back seat poket for me;)
I guess i could use the glove box.

HatenWinter
02-06-2007, 09:30 PM
That's wilderness survival at it's best!!!:D

TRUMP TIGHT
02-06-2007, 09:33 PM
I think the gov. is F'ing with you!
You should do something.:idea:

Throttle
02-06-2007, 10:09 PM
big rigs pull in anyway..

Baja Big Dog
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
TWO WORDS.........CAL TRANS:mad:

Seadog
02-07-2007, 06:22 AM
If it is like most states, they close the rest areas because they get taken over by the prostitutes and dopers. A big problem is the number of truckers on the road is growing, and the number of parking spaces is not. A lot of truck stops have stopped allowing local truckers leaving their rigs when they go home. That and the number of businesses and municipalities that are outlawing truck parking is going to really make things bad.

Jetaholic
02-07-2007, 07:23 AM
It's a conspiracy

voodoomedman
02-07-2007, 07:27 AM
If it is like most states, they close the rest areas because they get taken over by the prostitutes and dopers. A big problem is the number of truckers on the road is growing, and the number of parking spaces is not. A lot of truck stops have stopped allowing local truckers leaving their rigs when they go home. That and the number of businesses and municipalities that are outlawing truck parking is going to really make things bad.The ones they speak of on the I40 are in the middle of nowhere. Those things you mention aren't really a problem.

HM
02-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Rest stops are the bath houses of the gay men in the new millenia.
Just tell them you were trying to pee and accidentally tripped over a couple of guys givin' each other a b.j.

Mrs.Racer277
02-07-2007, 07:42 AM
I know where they can get a bigger tank TOMMORROW!:idea: :D
LOL
Get on it will ya. :)
I never even see anyone working on it. :confused:

nodigg
02-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I think the gov. is F'ing with you!
You should do something.:idea:
Hey thanks for the loaner truck on Saturday. DAMN that thing is fast! Dillidad was REALLY testing the power train and suspension.