PDA

View Full Version : You meet some of the nicest people on here. HB.

beaverretriever
02-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Just wanted to say what a pleasure it has been being on this site. Most of the people I have met on here in person, PMs, email, phone, have been some of the coolest people ever.
I think that is why I like the boating life so much. Most seem very laid back.
My wife and I even like all of the DCB guys... LOL . Except the jerk at sand bar that had to tell me exactly how much he paid and the exact GPS #. LOL What a dipshit...
Oh well, just wanted to say thanks, and can't wait to meet more of you this summer.
See ya out on the lake.
BTW, I just downed two stiff JD and soda waters. Maybe that is where all the kindness is coming from.

DEMOMAN
02-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Nothing wrong with a happy drunk.;)

eliminatedsprinter
02-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Just wanted to say what a pleasure it has been being on this site. Most of the people I have met on here in person, PMs, email, phone, have been some of the coolest people ever.
My wife and I even like all of the DCB guys... LOL . Except the jerk at sand bar that had to tell me exactly how much he paid and the exact GPS #. LOL What a dipshit...
Oh well, just wanted to say thanks, and can't wait to meet more of you this summer.
See ya out on the lake.
BTW, I just downed two stiff JD and soda waters. Maybe that is where all the kindness is coming from.
It's been like that for me as well. Hell I'll even tell you exactly what I paid for my boat. :idea: Hmmmm let me see, I think it was a chicken sandwich and an order of fries....Oh yea and a large coke... Yea that's it.:rolleyes: ;)
P.S. I'm not allowed to discuss the cost of repairs.....:) ;)

photo chick
02-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Auh feel the love!!! I have to agree with you:D :D

mrs.rvrluvr
02-06-2007, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=beaverretriever;2379039]Just wanted to say what a pleasure it has been being on this site. Most of the people I have met on here in person, PMs, email, phone, have been some of the coolest people ever.
I think that is why I like the boating life so much.
I couldn't agree more. I am new to the HB world and hope to meet all of you this summer. I will be real easy to find since it is the only boat on the lake named CrackWhore

raff
02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
It's been like that for me as well. Hell I'll even tell you exactly what I paid for my boat. :idea: Hmmmm let me see, I think it was a chicken sandwich and an order of fries....Oh yea and a large coke... Yea that's it.:rolleyes: ;)
P.S. I'm not allowed to discuss the cost of repairs.....:) ;)
Oh I just saw the P.S.:eek: :eek:

DILLIGAF
02-06-2007, 07:36 PM
I agree. Only been a few that have rubbed me the wrong way. I just move along as I could care less about the negative people out there.
I have had a good time meeting people from here

Mrs.Racer277
02-06-2007, 07:38 PM
See ya out on the lake.
I agree. I have made some great friends here.
I have heard good things about you and your wife too Beaver. :) :)

Tom Brown
02-06-2007, 07:38 PM
You people stay the hell away from me while I get a restraining order in place. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

photo chick
02-06-2007, 07:40 PM
You people stay the hell away from me while I get a restraining order in place. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Never Brown!!! I'm thinking about stalking you;) ;)

Mrs.Racer277
02-06-2007, 07:42 PM
We love you too TB! HEHEHEHE :)

beaverretriever
02-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Come on Brown, group hug. Lets go get a non-fat latte together. :D

Tom Brown
02-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Come on Brown, group hug.
OK but I won't hold hands with another man. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

mrs.rvrluvr
02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
;) OK but I won't hold hands with another man. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
I'll give you something to put your hands on:)

Tom Brown
02-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Thank you, mrs.rvrluvr. Your post causes odd patterns in my breathing. :)

mrs.rvrluvr
02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Thank you, mrs.rvrluvr. Your post causes odd patterns in my breathing. :)
sounds like you need something to make you relax

yopengo
02-06-2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23649&stc=1&d=1170820497 :D

Devil's Advocate
02-06-2007, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Tom Brown;2379138]Thank you, mrs.rvrluvr. Your post causes odd patterns in my breathing. :)[/QUOTE
Check your pacemaker.:D

Tom Brown
02-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I've been to group meetings where it's clear the only thing the group has in common is boating. In fact, I've thought things likely wouldn't be civil, in another environment.
There's something relaxing and pacifying about being on or even just near the water that seems to mellow everyone out.
I also think there are a lot of great people here.
Mushy shit aside, I still refuse to hold hands with another man. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

jetboat
02-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Hat Photo Chick,frisco Tx?iam In Plano,next Door,so Waht Boat Is Yours?only A Couple Of Us With Jets And Flaties,rrrr Also Lives I N Plano.

photo chick
02-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Hat Photo Chick,frisco Tx?iam In Plano,next Door,so Waht Boat Is Yours?only A Couple Of Us With Jets And Flaties,rrrr Also Lives I N Plano.
I hang with Modern Outlaw TAF 535, I take photos for them and my brother is part of the crew.... Used to own a few boats but not anymore, now I'm just a groupy. I met rrrr on here a few weeks ago when I posted that I didn't have any friends around here. I from So. Cali but have been here 3 yrs now.

doc_texoma
02-06-2007, 10:32 PM
well.. im too new to post a smartass comment - so instead i will simply agree... i dont really get into many lakes in north texas other than Texoma - but even on Lewisville/grapevine people have been pretty decent to me/us.
i am visiting reno/carson city NV right now and seeing the landscape makes me very curious as to what boating at some of the places like havasu, meade, etc would be like.
and more than anything.. thanks to the moderators and hosts of the board for running it.. i know what its like, and support the cause.
Doc
hey photo-chick-a-dee - did you ever send that proof PM? :)

Kilrtoy
02-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Sorry must have been one to many KOOL AIDES that day and I thought we were cool

jetboat
02-07-2007, 02:17 AM
so you also relocated from so cal!were from cypress and grew up in hunington beach.we have been here for 15 years now.have a trailer at texoma.the latest is a taylor with 466 bbf and just shot the primer last nite as we were talking.seams everytime i buy a boat the wife gets either a nwe rv or suv!so we both win.hope your enjoing thsi area,if you were a river person like i was years ago!the lakes here just dont compare,but thats a small price to pay.

RitcheyRch
02-07-2007, 04:47 AM
Agree with everything posted. Have met some wonderful people on here and hope to continue those friendships. :D

photo chick
02-07-2007, 04:56 AM
well.. im too new to post a smartass comment - so instead i will simply agree... i dont really get into many lakes in north texas other than Texoma - but even on Lewisville/grapevine people have been pretty decent to me/us.
i am visiting reno/carson city NV right now and seeing the landscape makes me very curious as to what boating at some of the places like havasu, meade, etc would be like.
and more than anything.. thanks to the moderators and hosts of the board for running it.. i know what its like, and support the cause.
Doc
hey photo-chick-a-dee - did you ever send that proof PM? :)
No I didn't :D :D musta forgot!!! Meade, Havasu and Powell are all awesome, you should definitely try one or all of them!!!

photo chick
02-07-2007, 05:00 AM
so you also relocated from so cal!were from cypress and grew up in hunington beach.we have been here for 15 years now.have a trailer at texoma.the latest is a taylor with 466 bbf and just shot the primer last nite as we were talking.seams everytime i buy a boat the wife gets either a nwe rv or suv!so we both win.hope your enjoing thsi area,if you were a river person like i was years ago!the lakes here just dont compare,but thats a small price to pay.
I've been hiking up at Texoma but not boating yet. Went to Lewisville last summer with friends and had a blast! Yep used to be at the river many times a year. My brother lives in Phx so I still get to go occasionally. I grew up in Santa Clarita then lived in Thousand Oaks/Simi valley for 10 years b4 coming here. As far as enjoying Dallas...no not really! I live in a rather strange neighborhood:eek:

blown dough
02-07-2007, 05:36 AM
[My wife and I even like all of the DCB guys... LOL .
There are DCB girls here too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doc_texoma
02-07-2007, 05:42 AM
I've been hiking up at Texoma but not boating yet. Went to Lewisville last summer with friends and had a blast! Yep used to be at the river many times a year. My brother lives in Phx so I still get to go occasionally. I grew up in Santa Clarita then lived in Thousand Oaks/Simi valley for 10 years b4 coming here. As far as enjoying Dallas...no not really! I live in a rather strange neighborhood:eek:
strange in frisco??

photo chick
02-07-2007, 05:44 AM
strange in frisco??
Yep, kids don't play outside, parents don't work in their garages or socialize.....very snooty place!! I don't have kids so it's impossible to meet people here... Maybe it's me:D :D

Jbb
02-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Maybe it's me
:jawdrop:

jetboat
02-07-2007, 06:01 AM
most kids in this area dont know how to play outside,there parents are to busy trying to impress the rest of the people on there block.i know we live in deerfield,and they despise me when i fire up the boat,its to loud!? think it is kinda sweet.our last child is our son,hes16,hes spent his life along with his sisters always was camping and rv'ing.so when he takes friends to the lake,they have no idea what to do.sadly there parents like many in this area dont spend any time with there kids unless its for them.ill get of my soap box,welcome to texas.

photo chick
02-07-2007, 06:05 AM
most kids in this area dont know how to play outside,there parents are to busy trying to impress the rest of the people on there block.i know we live in deerfield,and they despise me when i fire up the boat,its to loud!? think it is kinda sweet.our last child is our son,hes16,hes spent his life along with his sisters always was camping and rv'ing.so when he takes friends to the lake,they have no idea what to do.sadly there parents like many in this area dont spend any time with there kids unless its for them.ill get of my soap box,welcome to texas.
You nailed it!! I've been through Deerfield I think it's a lot like Starwood, where I'm at. I don't even know what one of my next door neighbors looks like after 3 years....bizaare!! They pull in the garage and close it before they're even out of the car....we joke that they're part of a witness protection program..

photo chick
02-07-2007, 06:06 AM
:jawdrop:
See it's not me Brian!!!!!;)

Jbb
02-07-2007, 06:06 AM
See it's not me Brian!!!!!;)
:rolleyes:

lucky
02-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Yes i have to agree - Hot boat People Rock ... Love ya all
Ohh by the way if you Really don't want to feel the love in "bench racer" , it hurts ! :D

Mrs.Racer277
02-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Yes i have to agree - Hot boat People Rock ... Love ya all
Ohh by the way if you Really don't want to feel the love in "bench racer" , it hurts ! :D
LOL
Will you hold Brown's hand?? :D :D

catman-do
02-07-2007, 07:47 AM
For the most part everyone has been very nice to me also. There are people that i can tell i would only have boating in common, but im also young and some members are my parents age so of course that would be. Some people i see by their posts that i wouldnt want to associate with, by negativity or coolness so i would just choose to ignore them.

TAF
02-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Yep, kids don't play outside, parents don't work in their garages or socialize.....very snooty place!! I don't have kids so it's impossible to meet people here... Maybe it's me:D :D
Miss Partier herself. They are all jealous of you in that town of snootiness

HM
02-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Big dicks in your ass is bad for your health. You betta check yo' self befo you wreck yo' self.

Jyruiz
02-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Everybody I have met so far, have been real cool and would not mind hanging out with them.

TAF
02-07-2007, 07:55 AM
You nailed it!! I've been through Deerfield I think it's a lot like Starwood, where I'm at. I don't even know what one of my next door neighbors looks like after 3 years....bizaare!! They pull in the garage and close it before they're even out of the car....we joke that they're part of a witness protection program..
I was there for 3 days during Christmas and saw only one other person in Lori's neighborhood and he did exactly what she said, pull in to his garage and close it. SAD:( :idea:

rampgirl-top
02-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Boat People are my favorite race!!!!

jetboat
02-07-2007, 08:02 AM
the people i have meet on the board have become personal friends that we hang with now.plus you find we have other interests alike.

beaverretriever
02-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Sorry must have been one to many KOOL AIDES that day and I thought we were cool
LOL, it wasn't you guys... It wasn't a wacker boat, it had twin Illmors. It was during the end of July if I remember correctly. I know you wouldn't act that way towards us.
Here is the story if you are interested.
There were 3 or so parked next to each other on the flow through side of the Sandbar. I saw the DCBs parked and I asked my wife is she wanted to go take a look at these boats I always talk about (yes, I do talk about DCBs). So we decided to take a walk.
I walked up to the boat and started to check it out. It was very nice and I said "hi" to the guy that was inside moving some towels and coolers or somthing around.
I then said "man, this boat is beautiful".
He says "yeah". To myself, I'm thinking maybe he is just preoccupied or a total jerk off. Unfortunately it was the latter. LOL
I then say "this thing must run a least a 110+"
In a snide sounding voice "It runs 120.1 on GPS, yes it is fast". It was somthing like that.
Then I say to my wife, "babe, this boat is probably 250k or more, I would die to have this thing".
The guy happens overhear me and says "it was over 325,000" then jumps out of the boat and walks over to his friends without saying anything else.
Unfortunately, it is hard to reproduce the actual conversation over the internet. All I have to say is the guy had a F-N stick up his ass. :D

Jyruiz
02-07-2007, 09:39 AM
LOL, it wasn't you guys... It wasn't a wacker boat, it had twin Illmors. It was during the end of July if I remember correctly. I know you wouldn't act that way towards us.
There were 3 or so parked next to each other on the flow through side of the Sandbar. I saw the DCBs parked and I asked my wife is she wanted to go take a look at these boats I always talk about (yes, I do talk about DCBs). So we decided to take a walk.
I walked up to the boat and started to check it out. It was very nice and I said "hi" to the guy that was inside moving some towels and coolers or somthing around.
He says "yeah". To myself, I'm thinking maybe he is just preoccupied or a total jerk off. Unfortunately it was the latter. LOL
In a snide sounding voice "It runs 120.1 on GPS, yes it is fast". It was somthing like that.
Then I say to my wife, "babe, this boat is probably 250k or more, I would die to have this thing".
The guy happens overhear me and says "it was over 325,000" then jumps out of the boat and walks over to his friends without saying anything else.
Unfortunately, it is hard to reproduce the actual conversation over the internet. All I have to say is the guy had a F-N stick up his ass. :D
Sounds like an azz.

Kilrtoy
02-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Sounds like an azz.
No Shake Ya Azz has a commander

Jyruiz
02-07-2007, 09:47 AM
No Shake Ya Azz has a commander
He is one lucky dude, that is a great boat.:)

blown dough
02-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Wasn't my hubby our boat doesn't do 120hp

squirt'nmyload
02-07-2007, 01:13 PM
l
shoulda said......120......THATS IT??? :)

beaverretriever
02-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Actually I think you guys were parked in the row with this guy though. I would have come and talked to you guys if I would have known who you were at the time.
Your boat is very nice btw. :)

blown dough
02-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Actually I think you guys were parked in the row with this guy though. I would have come and talked to you guys if I would have known who you were at the time.
i remember that day and i do know the other DCB's you are talking about

blown dough
02-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Thank you and sincere apologies on behalf of all rude Kool-Aid sippers!!!!

EmpirE231
02-07-2007, 05:43 PM
OFF subject... blown dough... are those the famous stars and straps "F" on the front of your guys boat? is that supposed to just go along with the F32 thing... or the actual clothing brand? :idea:

mrs.rvrluvr
02-07-2007, 07:14 PM
shoulda said......120......THATS IT??? :)
thats funny right there

slowinhavasu
02-07-2007, 07:49 PM
That's funny....lol 120.1 :)

Devil's Advocate
02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
See ya out on the lake.
Definitely a lot of nice peeps here and even better in person.;)

beaverretriever
02-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Thank you and sincere apologies on behalf of all rude Kool-Aid sippers!!!!
I would never let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. It doesn't matter how many nice people own a certain type of boat there is always a few ass holes that own the same boat as well.