PDA

View Full Version : Gophers?

Jrocket
02-06-2007, 07:31 PM
How do you get rid of them?I'ver tried almost everything out there.This guy eats the poison like its trail mix!Ran 3-400 gallons of water down his hole many times,can hold his breath for days on end.WTF can I do to kill this SOB!

DEMOMAN
02-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I've heard that Juicy Fruit gum will kill em. Maybe try some celery with a fish hook inside, "Gopher on"

photo chick
02-06-2007, 07:33 PM
How do you get rid of them?I'ver tried almost everything out there.This guy eats the poison like its trail mix!Ran 3-400 gallons of water down his hole many times,can hold his breath for days on end.WTF can I do to kill this SOB!
BB gun...no j/k...
Actually I put out a few live traps over the holes and caught a few and released them in the mean neighbors yard.:D

Kindsvater Flat
02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
You need the Rodentator (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2149652953103091786&q=Rodenator)

eliminatedsprinter
02-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Ask Bill Murry.:D

yopengo
02-06-2007, 07:40 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23648&stc=1&d=1170819619 :D

phuggit
02-06-2007, 07:43 PM
I buried some of those sound emitting probes that send out sound waves along the fence line at my parents house. That and smoke bombs seem to do the trick, plus it's kinda fun to light the smoke bombs and shove them in the hole. Word of caution, don't inhale the smoke. I was hacking for an hour after I took a hit from one.

hava life
02-06-2007, 07:55 PM
It all depends on how bad you want to get rid of the problem and how the local police are with loud noises :)
You can try one of these
http://www.law-17.com/images/dsc00007.jpg

Jrocket
02-06-2007, 08:01 PM
You need the Rodentator (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2149652953103091786&q=Rodenator)
I must have one of these!

Oldsquirt
02-06-2007, 08:02 PM
That actually looks like it could be fun to use. :)

Jrocket
02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Im gonna try those sounds probes next.My water bill is outrageous right now.

Boatcop
02-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Get a length of vacuum cleaner hose. Tape it to the tail pipe of the truck with foil tape. Stick the other end into a gopher hole. Start the truck and let it idle for an hour or two. Make sure any other openings you can find are plugged with dirt.
Nighty-night gophers. The farmers do this down in the valley with their tractors.
*Warning.... If your house is not on a slab, (i.e. elevated with a crawl space underneath) monitor the home for CO or leave the house for the duration of the operation. Check the house or ventilate it before returning.

dyam
02-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Hire a professional that uses the restricted strychnine formula.
Quick and easy.

DMOORE
02-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Is it a gopher, or a mole? If it's a gopher, they will pop thier heads up out of the hole, and you can take them out with a pellet gun. If it's a mole, they almost never come above ground. I had a mole in the backyard that was tearing the s**t out of the lawn. I used gopher bombs a few times a day for about a week. Finally got the little bastard. You can buy the bombs at home depot.
Darrell.

Jrocket
02-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Get a length of vacuum cleaner hose. Tape it to the tail pipe of the truck with foil tape. Stick the other end into a gopher hole. Start the truck and let it idle for an hour or two. Make sure any other openings you can find are plugged with dirt.
Nighty-night gophers. The farmers do this down in the valley with their tractors.
*Warning.... If your house is not on a slab, (i.e. elevated with a crawl space underneath) monitor the home for CO or leave the house for the duration of the operation. Check the house or ventilate it before returning.
My house is a raised foundation,might want to invite the mother inlaw over,Im all out of canary's..lol

Jrocket
02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Is it a gopher, or a mole? If it's a gopher, they will pop thier heads up out of the hole, and you can take them out with a pellet gun. If it's a mole, they almost never come above ground. I had a mole in the backyard that was tearing the s**t out of the lawn. I used gopher bombs a few times a day for about a week. Finally got the little bastard. You can buy the bombs at home depot.
Darrell.
Hmmm,guess I'd better google up some pics.I never thought it might be a mole.I already got one,popped his ass out of the hole after 200 gallons of water was forced down there.Smacked him clean over the head with a flat shovel.Actually got 2 so far,the other got wacked with a lawn orniment.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-06-2007, 08:28 PM
I've never had good luck with traps, poison or the gas (I think the gas made them high . . . they ate more! ) I have 3 barn cats and they catch 1-2 gophers a day, that I see. I only feed them minimally and they are awesome. I love my pussies :D

robk
02-06-2007, 08:30 PM
It all depends on how bad you want to get rid of the problem and how the local police are with loud noises :)
You can try one of these
http://www.law-17.com/images/dsc00007.jpg
Is that at Burro Canyon?
And as far as the gophers go, I always had good luck with the old-school wire-style traps. Just takes a little patience and practice...
Rob

RIVERTIME247
02-06-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23648&stc=1&d=1170819619 :D
damn old bill was packing some hose

KreatinKaos
02-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I just feed them high velocity lead vitamins :devil:

1 Baja Guy
02-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Is that at Burro Canyon?
And as far as the gophers go, I always had good luck with the old-school wire-style traps. Just takes a little patience and practice...
Rob
I agree with the traps ... also used peanuts soaked in anti freeze stuck in there holes...

QuickJet
02-06-2007, 09:23 PM
The only thing I found that really works is the white Gopher pelletts. It was reccomended to me from me neighbor who had a problem. Got rid of those little assholes the first time I used it. Works on rats and mice too. Bloats 'em up like softballs.

77charger
02-06-2007, 09:39 PM
pour some gas in the holes and play with fire:D

Jrocket
02-06-2007, 09:56 PM
The only thing I found that really works is the white Gopher pelletts. It was reccomended to me from me neighbor who had a problem. Got rid of those little assholes the first time I used it. Works on rats and mice too. Bloats 'em up like softballs.
White pellets that come in that tall round can? He eats them like Mentos! Im telling you this guy is tough as nails.

Jrocket
02-06-2007, 09:56 PM
pour some gas in the holes and play with fire:D
Check out post #4!!!!!!:D

CornWater
02-06-2007, 10:01 PM
My Uncle lives in Riverside and had this problem for years until recently. He found some service that comes out a couple of times a year and has not had a problem since. I believe they use poison, like you stated, but perhaps it is commercial grade and/or a knowledgeable exterminator.

Throttle
02-06-2007, 10:07 PM
kaboom!:D

Jrocket
02-06-2007, 10:12 PM
My Uncle lives in Riverside and had this problem for years until recently. He found some service that comes out a couple of times a year and has not had a problem since. I believe they use poison, like you stated, but perhaps it is commercial grade and/or a knowledgeable exterminator.
Riverside gophers are tough as nails! Im too the point of calling in a pro gopher killer.

QuickJet
02-06-2007, 10:18 PM
White pellets that come in that tall round can? He eats them like Mentos! Im telling you this guy is tough as nails.
Gopher??...I thought you meant Golfer. Where I live we have a problem with Golfers chipin balls into our houses so we poisoned them sum bitches.

Trailer Park Casanova
02-07-2007, 01:24 AM
You may not be using the bait effectively.http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/IMAGES/T/h.V-MA-TSPP-AD.001.jpg
UC Calif Gopher Control Guidelines click and read thoughly:
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7433.html
Our neighborhood is the gopher capital of the world.
The bait has to be in a main shaft, not in the satelite burrows.
That is the most important!!!!!
Then you put it on lettuce..
Cover the hole without dirt getting on the bait or lettuce.
Re-locate if no results in 24 hrs.
No one has killed more gophers than this kid and his cat.
Once you get the bait figured out, it's easy sailing from there.
Use Grants Bait, sold at Lowes.

BowTie Rick
02-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Wife does gopher control. She uses aluminum phosphide tablets which are a restricted material (must have a license). Gas causes internal bleeding and death in 24 hours. If your in Riverside, shoot me a PM and I'll get you her cell #. Ask about the ***boat discount :D

QuickJet
02-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Wife does gopher control. She uses aluminum phosphide tablets which are a restricted material (must have a license). Gas causes internal bleeding and death in 24 hours. If your in Riverside, shoot me a PM and I'll get you her cell #. Ask about the ***boat discount :D
Is that her in your Avatar? If so shoot me her # :D :D

riverliver
02-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey John
This is what we use Aluminum Phosphide some good chit..:D

Jrocket
02-07-2007, 07:51 PM
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/IMAGES/T/h.V-MA-TSPP-AD.001.jpg
Thats him! Thats the dude right there....Looks just like his two brothers that I already wacked.
Somebody told me that when you flush something,such as water down their hole,they will just barely pop the head out of another hole to breath?True or not?
I need to track down where there tunneling in from...I bets its from the asians yard next door,probably trying to escape the crock pot that they have on the porch.

HM
02-07-2007, 08:03 PM
That Rodenator gives me an idea for my Acetylene torch!!!

BigDutch
02-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I have one of these. It is a blast to use. We have about 200 acres that we always had gopher problems with.
At my old house I plugged all the holes with a rock just big enough to cover the hole, then put the water hose down one. Waited untill the devil moved the rock on one of the holes then got him with either a shovel or piece of rebar(a little more fun to piecre with).

Faceaz
02-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Home Depot sells Bombs - after lighting the fuse & sticking it in the hole, it emits a phosforus deadly gas. I have gophers & the bombs are really helping, I've had to use about 5 so far. I've been told for every (1) gopher it appears you have, you actually have about (10), so it takes a lot of patience. - Good luck!

HM
02-07-2007, 08:37 PM
I have one of these. It is a blast to use. We have about 200 acres that we always had gopher problems with.
At my old house I plugged all the holes with a rock just big enough to cover the hole, then put the water hose down one. Waited untill the devil moved the rock on one of the holes then got him with either a shovel or piece of rebar(a little more fun to piecre with).
Willing to rent that thing out so I don't do something stupid with my acetylene torch? :D