PDA

View Full Version : Left my first neutral feedback on eBay

HM
02-07-2007, 01:22 PM
I had bought some bicycle wheels from an e-Bay'r in December. I did a "buy it now" purchase and paid immediately with pay pal and shipping was included.
almost 3 weeks later I haven't recieved the package and contact seller. Claims he shipped it UPS. I contact our local UPS guy here on the boards for some behind the scenes info, and the shipper uses an online account. He was billed for the shipment, but UPS's records show it never made it on a truck. I tell the seller that since it was shipping included, that he needed to send me a new set of wheels immediately...and I had bought them for someone as a christmas gift and there was only a few days left....but I suggested splitting the cost to go 2nd day air. Seller was out of town for the rest of the year, but says he is on it as soon as he gets back. Package finally arives a couple weeks later. He never would contact me, I had to contact him, and he was not truthful with the shipping issues.
Some of the correspondance I had with guy I addressed his quality control (or lack of) of tracking shipping. Since everything he sells included shipping, he should be tracking this stuff, instead of hoping it gets there and letting the seller notify him if it does not show. This guy has thousand of transactions with positive feed back and no negative feedback. He actually argued with me and I told him he needed to act fast since he already had my money.
Anyways, I leave him neutral feedback, and the guy then leaves me neutral feed back that I was "a less than pleasurable eBayer." So, I fire off a complaint to eBay and to the seller. I also put in a reply on the neutral feed back to me that it sure does suck to have someone pay you immediately while you have shipping issues.
If the guy was local, I'd pay him a visit so he could find out why you don't fuk with the midget.
Vent over. :D

FryJet
02-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Well that sucks. Who was it, i'm looking at some bicycle wheels on ebay right now.
F.J.

squirt'nmyload
02-07-2007, 02:14 PM
THAT WAS YOU:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D :D

robk
02-07-2007, 02:14 PM
I think that's one of the flaws that keeps me away from eBay whenever possible... you could be the best buyer on eBay and have someone screw you over, and when you leave them negative feedback they can just do the same thing right back at you out of spite and then you're sporting a tarnished record for no good reason.
Rob

Ziggy
02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Hense the reason in the Ebay addiction thread that I said I don't trust Ebay enough to use it much at all.
I'm all over HSN though, they rock....lmao

HM
02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Well that sucks. Who was it, i'm looking at some bicycle wheels on ebay right now.
F.J.
member name is bikeislandsite. Looks like he does a good job most of the time. He has some really great deals. The wheels I got where excellent and at a smoking price. I am a pretty easy going guy, but I called him on his b.s. about UPS "losing" the shipment. I never was told what actually happened...the wheels just showed up. Our local UPS resident checked it out and UPS never had any record except billing. I have had problems when I have shipped things, but I usually go out of my way to get things resolved.
I have had great experiences on eBay. I like to leave somewhat humorous feedback. my member name is fnalley - check out the feed back I leave for people. The only really bad experience I had on eBay was with someone who never bought from me, but did bid on an item I was selling. The person kept harassing me about shipping the item...which I did not want to ship (Yamaha PW 50). Luckily, I sold it to a local person. This person sent me a long e-mail about how lazy I am because I didn't want to ship it, and ultimately they found the perfect buy for half the price...and on and on. I responded with "Sounds like a win-win situation...you got a smoking deal on something you wanted, and I didn't have to sell to an asshole." Turned out the buyer was 14 and their parent (mom) reported me to eBay. After I turned over all the e-mail correspondence to eBay, my good name was cleared! LOL

OutCole'd
02-07-2007, 03:36 PM
What's the point of the feedback section if you can't be honest?

Trailer Park Casanova
02-07-2007, 03:40 PM
We're changing all our trailers tail lights to LED and though E bay was a bit cheaper, we went with a "brick and mortar" store to eliminate such hassle posibilities.
We just use e Bay it if it's the only w#ore in town, or to sell stuff.

HM
02-07-2007, 03:43 PM
We're changing all our trailers tail lights to LED and though E bay was a bit cheaper, we went with a "brick and mortar" store to eliminate such hassle posibilities.
We just use e Bay it if it's the only w#ore in town, or to sell stuff.
I bought some trailer stuff from eBay and that was my best experience. I ended up making two purchases from the same seller two days in a row. They saw that I had two orders and automatically combined the shipment and saved about half the price of shipping. I have bought a lot more stuff from them...although I go directly to their own website now so they don't have to pay the eBay fees.

Baja Big Dog
02-07-2007, 04:37 PM
I think all HB's should stay off of Ebay, you all gonna get screwed. Dont use Ebay. STAY AWAY:(

h2oski2fast
02-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I had bought some bicycle wheels from an e-Bay'r in December. I did a "buy it now" purchase and paid immediately with pay pal and shipping was included.
Training wheels no doubt.