PDA

View Full Version : Golf cart stereo help

GBLASER
01-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Before I did the final install I hook everything up to make sure it works OK seems to be fine. I install the unit run all the wires and now I get very little sound from the speakers. I have a Club Car so the frame is all aluminum and the only way to get any power is to hook the ground to the neg side of the battery. Oh I forgot to mention that I put a 12v battery in for the stereo and lights. Is hooking to the neg post what screwed it up? If so where do I get a good ground? Any advice, besides taking it to a shop who knows what they are doing. I know because I already got that one from my wife.

riverbound
01-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Before I did the final install I hook everything up to make sure it works OK seems to be fine. I install the unit run all the wires and now I get very little sound from the speakers. I have a Club Car so the frame is all aluminum and the only way to get any power is to hook the ground to the neg side of the battery. Oh I forgot to mention that I put a 12v battery in for the stereo and lights. Is hooking to the neg post what screwed it up? If so where do I get a good ground? Any advice, besides taking it to a shop who knows what they are doing. I know because I already got that one from my wife.
I would have to agree with your wife. but check to make sure none of your speaker wires are shorted out before you go any further. ;)