PDA

View Full Version : Need More Intake

OverKill
02-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Guys I just pulled out all my old interior and put in new. I went from two side bench seats to one straight accross, the problem is the seat is perfect until someone sits in it and blocks the air scoop. My question is does this change the performance of the motor with someone sitting in front of the intake?? Should I leave it alone, or put on a taller airscoop?? If anybody has or know where I can get a single carb. mount glass air scoop please let me know.
Thanks
OverKill

Elimin8Jet71
02-07-2007, 11:01 PM
I would think that unless the passanger's head or some other body part was in the scoop, then you shouldn't have a problem. Then again, with them in the way, at higher speeds there might be a slight, but hardley noticible, difference. just my .02...

W.O.T
02-07-2007, 11:06 PM
i dont think that would make any difference in your motors performance. some people run their scoops backwards.

Elimin8Jet71
02-07-2007, 11:08 PM
...some people run their scoops backwards.
This is true...:D

YeLLowBoaT
02-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I just would not let any one with long hair sit there... I could see bad things happening.

SmokinLowriderSS
02-08-2007, 02:36 PM
I just would not let any one with long hair sit there... I could see bad things happening.
Yep, I can see that nightmare too.:eek: :( :(
I can't imagine any "loss of performance" from someone sitting in the way of the airflow 2 feet in front of the intake tho.

OverKill
02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Ya thats the problem tho. My wife loves the back seat and her hair is 3' long. when her and I rode in the back of Squirtcha's? boat, his scoop intake went right over my head and Im 6'3".
So maybe for safetey I will look for a taller air scoop.

Squirtcha?
02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Ya thats the problem tho. My wife loves the back seat and her hair is 3' long. when her and I rode in the back of Squirtcha's? boat, his scoop intake went right over my head and Im 6'3".
So maybe for safetey I will look for a taller air scoop.
AND..................it'll make ya look like ya think you're fast.
Read that carefully now.:D

SmokinLowriderSS
02-08-2007, 05:34 PM
The safety item I am thinking of is when that 3' of hair drapes over the back seat and finds a belt and pair of pulleys. My LAST worry would be any of it going down the carb throats.

OverKill
02-08-2007, 06:10 PM
LOL But Dan I am fast!!! A whole 71.8 MPH loaded down so I might as well look like Im going 71.8MPH LMFAO.