PDA

View Full Version : '03 Crf 450

CBadDad
02-08-2007, 08:43 AM
SOLD
'03 CRF 450 with low hours and adult ridden in excellent condition. Stock except for a Gold Series chain. Never raced. Only two trips to the desert last season and it doesn't look like I will make it at all this year and it is just a shame that it is sitting in my garage (in Carlsbad).

bead
02-08-2007, 10:21 AM
pics?

TOBTEK
02-08-2007, 10:44 AM
I called a guy last week in Carlsbad with a 03 CRF from craigslist. His has a California STREET lic plate on it...... same bike?

CBadDad
02-08-2007, 12:07 PM
I called a guy last week in Carlsbad with a 03 CRF from craigslist. His has a California STREET lic plate on it...... same bike?
No. I did put it on craigslist today, but mine is stock. I don't know what hoops you'd have to jump thru to make it street legal, but it wouldn't be easy (if done right).
Let me know if you're interested. This bike is clean.

riverbound
02-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Have any pics?? My brother might be interested. The price is pretty good on it.

CBadDad
02-08-2007, 12:26 PM
pics?
It's totally stock, not much to show, but I'm heading out to the garage, so I'll snap a few and post them up later.

TOBTEK
02-08-2007, 01:46 PM
No. I did put it on craigslist today, but mine is stock. I don't know what hoops you'd have to jump thru to make it street legal, but it wouldn't be easy (if done right).
Let me know if you're interested. This bike is clean.
really NOT hard on the older bikes. drop it off at Baja Designs in San marcos. Pick up with everything done and DMV forms in hand.
Get it converted, and we rip up the hills behind Car county :) Think im getting the new 07 KTM 450... street plates from the factory.

CBadDad
02-08-2007, 05:16 PM
really NOT hard on the older bikes. drop it off at Baja Designs in San marcos. Pick up with everything done and DMV forms in hand.
Get it converted, and we rip up the hills behind Car county :) Think im getting the new 07 KTM 450... street plates from the factory.
I've heard about that. Suppose to have a metal gas tank to be legal. I doubt if it has that. What about all of the emisions crap. I think you're smart getting a factory set up.

TOBTEK
02-08-2007, 06:39 PM
I've heard about that. Suppose to have a metal gas tank to be legal. I doubt if it has that. What about all of the emisions crap. I think you're smart getting a factory set up.
no smog junk required if its under a 800cc four stroke. You dont have to change the gas tank either. Pretty EZ really on older YZ and CRF's. The other CRF in CSB is only $3,000 BUT looks kinda rough. Id end up spending another 2 or 3 grand in re-con. PASS!

CBadDad
02-09-2007, 09:54 AM
SOLD - you snooze, you lose!