PDA

View Full Version : How secure is your home? Lock bumping...

Jim W
02-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Everyone,
check your locks and tell your friends about this.
Be good, Jim
http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=hr23tpWX8lM

RiverDave
02-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I saw a video on bump keys awhile back. I got the impression that all standard style locks fell victim to it?
RD

shockwaveharry
02-08-2007, 03:11 PM
You can by a key kit at http://www.bumpkey.us/

Ziggy
02-08-2007, 03:15 PM
WOW...........glad my dogs are the early warning system around my place. Thats kinda scary if you think about it.

DMOORE
02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Hell ,if you have one window in your house, it really isn't that secure.
Darrell.

mrs.rvrluvr
02-08-2007, 04:29 PM
wonder if they can bump the 120lb rottwieler standing on the other side of our door:D

Jim W
02-08-2007, 05:20 PM
wonder if they can bump the 120lb rottwieler standing on the other side of our door:D
Between your quote and your avitar....there's a joke in there somewhere but I wont touch it!!! :)
Be good, Jim

bead
02-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Who needs locks when ya gotta glock .--------------Hey I live in the safest city in the US, SIMI VALLEY. Nothing ever happens here.........HUh right.

superdave013
02-08-2007, 05:42 PM
they used a tazer on my friends dog. :(

Mandelon
02-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Four minutes with a hammer and any fool can bash a hole through the side of a stucco house.

phebus
02-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Someone should put an explosive charge in their lock cylinder, so if some asshole starts hammering on it, that dummy key will go right through them.

YeLLowBoaT
02-08-2007, 06:30 PM
"bump" keying has been around for over 30 years. only in slightly diffrent forms.
Hell even if you put a lock that can't be bumped keyed, most likly it can be it can be kicked in.

MudPumper
02-08-2007, 10:37 PM
If I wanna get in your house I can usually do it with one swift boot to the door. I can't count how many doors Ive booted down at work in one shot and I'm always surprised on how easily they come open. Almost all of them break at the door jam. Don't matter if you have a dead bolt, the weak point is the door jam. The point is this; If somebody wants to get in bad enough they will. All you can do is make it as hard as possible for them to do so.

YeLLowBoaT
02-08-2007, 10:42 PM
If I wanna get in your house I can usually do it with one swift boot to the door. I can't count how many doors Ive booted down at work in one shot and I'm always surprised on how easily they come open. Almost all of them break at the door jam. Don't matter if you have a dead bolt, the weak point is the door jam. The point is this; If somebody wants to get in bad enough they will. All you can do is make it as hard as possible for them to do so.
That is very true... that why you need to get a reenforced strick plate and use 4 inch skrews so they go into the stud. those whimp sheet metal strike plates are worthless.
that won't make your door kick proof, but it will make it so they have to kick the stud out as well.

C-2
02-08-2007, 11:11 PM
It does work, but a lot of it's hype. The same as some locks can't be picked, some can't be bumped. I've seen experienced locksmiths who can't bump a lot of locks, but can pick them.
Truth is, any monkey can pick most Kwikset's in as little as 5-30 seconds. Yes, it's that easy, and no need for a gawdy, bulky mallett.
Locksport is gaining in popularity these days too....nerds who pick locks for the fawk of it. :)

4DAY4PLAY
02-08-2007, 11:19 PM
they probably can