PDA

View Full Version : Eddlebrock heads opinon

lostlake
08-22-2001, 06:07 AM
Just wondering what all of you think about Alum. Eddlebrock heads.. Tx
Racingray... Thanks for your input...

Havasu Hangin'
08-22-2001, 07:18 AM
I've got the Performer RPMs on my mouse motor- I love em. I had em blended and ported to match my manifolds. I used the valves, but substituted the stock springs for the Crane doubles. No issues yet.
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy25.gif

riodog
08-22-2001, 07:20 PM
Personally, LL, I really like them a whole bunch, especially when I don't have to pay for them myself! It sure is a coincidence that you bring this up cause I was hanging out at this little "unknown" boat shop today and there just happened to be a real pretty set just sittin on the floor. Damn if I didn't get caught as I was trying to drag them out to my truck. I think I might have to go back tomorrow and try again, whadda ya think? Anybody miss um?

superdave013
08-22-2001, 09:03 PM
When I bought my boat it had a set of them on it (BBC). Well compared to my Darts they sure have some whimpy ports. They worked ok but the new engine is getting the Darts. If your not looking for big rpm I guess they will be ok. But your screen name is lostlake so maybe you should get a set of darts or brodex.

Racing Ray
08-23-2001, 02:05 AM
[This message has been edited by Racing Ray (edited March 12, 2002).]

lostlake
08-23-2001, 03:57 AM
hey superdave. thanks for the response, the ports are smaller than the darts i looked at them today, but since it is going in more of a family boat i think i will be o.k... they have 315 runners, 118cc, incolnel equast,and andoized for corroision, im sure they will work better than stock, under time limit had no choice if i wanted the boat by labor day.. tx.

lostlake
08-23-2001, 03:57 AM
by the way rio,,,, Keep those gruby little hands off those heads......
[This message has been edited by lostlake (edited August 23, 2001).]

superdave013
08-23-2001, 05:12 AM
I'm using the 360's. They are going on a 572" turbocharged deal. They would be too big for what he is doing but some 320's would be nice. But it also sounds like the heads he has will also be fine too. He has got some darn fine exhaust valves for sure. Don't knok all stock heads lostlake. I also have a nice set of 990 iron heads that work very well on a 468". Opps, they aren't quite stock but pretty close.

bajaruner
08-30-2001, 09:18 PM
Edelbrock head? great mid-performance head well machined very reliable and run very respectable.I would say best bang for the buck right out of the box, and if you want a little more later very easy to do port work to.

ponponracing
09-01-2001, 08:14 PM
They are made for mid range performance. Pretty hard to upgrade.

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
09-08-2001, 11:39 AM
Hey Lost.....I wish you woulda called me before you threw your money out the window. Not to dog Edelbrock but these heads are MASS produced and I have seen them come out of box with way to close on the tolarance's. I can't remember if you were running a jetdrive or outdrive but in either case 130 degree's is not enough heat to cause your guides to expand. You had several factor working against you as I indicated with my email I sent you. To tight of clearances and high rpm spell trouble in just a matter of time. Your problem was the domino effect. One thhing triggered a sequence of events. Even though your running what is consider to you as a family boat,I noticed that before you had your latest problem, you reported 5200 rpm. In my opinion,here comes the comments from the peanut gallery, no matter what the motor is wrapped in I.E: deck boat, flattie or picklefork, it needs to be built to turn those rpm. In your email you said that the motor was like 8.9:1 or 9.2:1. With aluminum heads, you could have run a bit more compression due to the heat disapation features of aluminum heads and still been ok on pump gas provided that the carb and timing were setup right. With what your doing with this particular boat, I would have sent your iron heads out and had them ported and polished with maybe a port match but thats about it. If you just gotta have aluminum heads than I would have gotten a set of Brodix or Darts ( I have several pair on the shelves of each) and ordered them with a little smaller chamber volume to bump the compression about 1/2 a point or so. Of course you would have to setup your ignition and carb as well but thats no big deal. Shoot, my wife can set up an MSD if I tell her what curve I want for a particular motor. (I ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK IT WHEN SHE'S NOT LOOKIN!!!!!) give me a call..I emailed you my number.
[This message has been edited by BLOWNDRAGBOAT (edited September 08, 2001).]