PDA

View Full Version : Picture test

BradP
06-03-2002, 03:46 PM
Testing http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives&image=boat_005.JPG&img=&tt=
[This message has been edited by BradP (edited June 03, 2002).]

rrrr
06-03-2002, 03:47 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/boat_005.JPG
[This message has been edited by rrrr (edited June 03, 2002).]

Lumpy
06-03-2002, 04:36 PM
OK...I'm jealous! Very Nice!

rrrr
06-03-2002, 04:56 PM
Heck, I'll post a photo of my motor too. Should be working on the boat instead of goofing on the 'puter.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/Engine2.JPG

BradP
06-03-2002, 05:01 PM
WOW! Hey rrr how do I post the pic direct instead of just the hyperlink
What's this beauty going into?

rrrr
06-03-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by BradP:
WOW! Hey rrr how do I post the pic direct instead of just the hyperlink
What's this beauty going into?
When you are looking at the picture you posted in the reader section, place your mouse cursor over the photo and right click. Choose the "properties" selection at the bottom of the popup window, highlight the URL, right click "copy". Open a beer.
Post your message on the message window, right click "paste" and then put the brackets and IMG before the URL and brackets and /IMG after the URL. Brackets are "[ ]".
You can see how it's supposed to look by choosing "reply with quote" on the post of your engine, the little letter symbol with an arrow. I bet there is an easier way, but this works.
The FE is going in a '67 Howard flat, world's slowest project. Hope to be done in a couple more months.
[This message has been edited by rrrr (edited June 03, 2002).]

BradP
06-03-2002, 05:30 PM
Thanks rrr
Did you powder coat the heads and block? Or is that paint?
That thing is going to be to sweet to get wet.

rrrr
06-04-2002, 07:25 AM
It's paint, hope it holds up OK. I plan on taking lots of photos before I put it in the water, it took many hours to polish all of the aluminum.

06-04-2002, 07:53 AM
rrrr, Where did you find those "baldy" valve covers? I'd like to get a pair for my 61 Starliner. BTW engine looks great...too pretty to use.

rrrr
06-04-2002, 08:10 AM
They came with the engine, 058. I bought the boat from a guy that planned to restore it, he bought it from the original owner and builder. It was completely original, nothing had been changed in 30+ years. I have photos taken in the guy's driveway in December '67, when he brought the hull home from Howard.
The resto thing is cool, but it costs $$$. Had the carbs redone, it would have been cheaper to buy new Holleys. But it rocks having the original stuff.
I decided to go with MSD for reliability, but I think I'll move the boxes under the driveline cover to preserve the "look".
Try asking at the FE Forum, http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/74182
Someone probably has a set they would part with. The Starliner sounds cool, how about posting a photo?

06-04-2002, 09:01 AM
Thanks, rrrr. I know the FE forum well but don't post there too much anymore. Can't post a pic of the Starliner, my scanner died. Its red/red, orig. a 401hp/390 but now has a 427 s/o and C6. Please post a pic of your Howard when finished, if it looks half as good as that 427 it should be a show-stopper. BTW, I have a 66 Howard flat.

BradP
06-04-2002, 10:09 AM
rrrr
I've been putting Boeshield on my polished Aluminum before putting it in the water. It dulls the shine a little bit, like wax, but when I pull the boat out of the water you can wipe it off with a clean rag real easily. Eliminates having to repolish with Mother's or = after every outing. Dosn't leave a film or anything after wipe down.
That really is a sweet looking piece!

old rigger
06-04-2002, 11:32 AM
First off, let me say to rrrr that your FE looks absolutly, 100%, green with envy, bitchin. I have mine out off the boat right now to do a quickie paint job. The top half is black and the bottom is the factory (?) blue from '65. Pretty ugly. After seeing yours, I wish I had more time to do it right. Just going black to get us through the summer, but come this winter, it'll come apart and be much nicer.
I used to have a scoop, for a single carb, like your's that I had for years. Got it off of a customers old race boat and had it hangin' on the wall in my garage. I some how lost it in our move 2 years ago and am now kicking myself for it.
some day were gonna' have to hook up. The more I read about you, and the e-mails back and forth, we have very similar tastes. To me the 61 Starliner was one of the nicest cars of the 60s, second only behind a '65 Riveria. Not a 63 and not a 64. A 65. Best looking car of the era. There's a guy that runs around Long Beach with a black on black Starliner. Beautiful car. Don't know what's under the hood, and to be honest, it doesn't matter. The car is perfect.

rrrr
06-04-2002, 11:42 AM
old rigger, I love my scoop. It reminds me of the Greer-Black-Prudhomme dragster, it has a similar scoop on it.
That car was one of the most beautiful of its time. I have promised myself I will attend the California Hot Rod Reunion some day just so I can see it in person.
[This message has been edited by rrrr (edited June 04, 2002).]

old rigger
06-04-2002, 01:24 PM
you're right, It does look like the one on the G-B-P car. Now I'm even more pissed I lost mine.
Saw that car at the Peterson museum a few years ago.
Purdhomme trivia....Donny at Indmar Marine, in Corona (can't recall his last name now) was the crew chief for Purdhomme for years and years. Told me one of the best lines I ever heard. I asked him how hard it was to tune a fuel motor. After a beat he said " if you can fog a mirror, you can tune one"

06-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Oldrigger, We will hook up sometime soon. I think I know that black Starliner you speak of, I have seen it a few times at the Fab Fords show at Knotts Berry Farm in April [I usually go every year] If you have ever been you might have seen my 60 Starliner there, red with black interior, 5 spoke Am. Torque-Thrust mags and a 460 in it. The G.B.P. scoop on rrrr's engine, maybe we can have it reproduced. I have a 2x4 copy that we could make a buck from.

pgf127rt
06-04-2002, 03:34 PM
To any who may be interested I have some exhaust like rrr's and possible some motor mounts for a FE I will have to look at my shop and compare pix, or get rrr down here to look at the stuff and identify it.