PDA

View Full Version : What kind of V drive is this?

Snowboat
08-05-2002, 04:37 PM
I may have found a good deal on a flattie but the guy doesn't have a computer and is a little far away. He says the powerglide is mated to a box, that doesn't say Casale, but can't find the make (yet). The size is six inches thick, ten inches wide, and 12-14 inches tall. Is this a Hallcraft? Can one get parts? The guy has put a lot of cash into the boat and his new wife hates it.

Stab-n-Steer
08-05-2002, 05:34 PM
Snowboat,
I've never seen a Casale or a Hallcraft that didn't have the name cast in the housings so it's not either one. Be careful, there's some wierdo v-drives out there that you will have problems with finding parts...
So the new wife hates the boat? He should get rid of her and keep the boat. He'll be much happier! :D
S&S

Snowboat
08-05-2002, 05:42 PM
I'm supposed to call the guy tomorrow and I'll walk him through the spots to look for an ID. I just thought of another thing. He says it doesn't have a plate pedal, just a handle to set the plates. With my other boats I wouldn't consider such a setup. I would lower his price and upgrade to a down pedal. Does anyone run a boat with just a T handle?

DaveA
08-05-2002, 06:16 PM
My old Rayson project boat was rigged with only a Finish Line t-handle. The second owner back in the mid Seventies raced it that way. Guess that's why he never won anything. :D
It'll have pedals when I get it back together, even if it's only gonna be a lake boat.
Re: the new wife- sounds like that guy was thinking with the little head, not the big head. :D
DaveA
73 Raysoncraft 18LP basketcase

superdave013
08-05-2002, 07:38 PM
It could be a casale top loader too. I'll send ya some info on it and maybe you could fax it to the guy.

DUCKY
08-05-2002, 09:00 PM
It could be an ace champion V-Drive. They were very tough, but heavy. The had nothing cast into the case, but it should have a tag on one of the bolts with gear angle and ratio. I think they only came in 10% over or under and 15% over or under but I could be wrong. I have heard that Casale C-500 gears can be modified to fit but I don't know. Good Luck! If not, I know I have heard that Casale will make you gears for the right price. eek!