PDA

View Full Version : So I went to the doctor for a check up.

dmontzsta
02-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Since I have not been in about 8 years. She tells me I have two moles on my back that need to come off right away. She says they are very black and speckled. This was Tuesday, today (Friday) I get a call from her office saying "We need to schedule an appointment for you right away, there was some abnormalities with your blood work. Can you come in Tuesday morning?"
I asked to speak with the doctor to find out what it was, they said she left early today and they could not tell me anything. So, now I get to spend the weekend wondering WTF is wrong and if I am dying! So lame of them to do that.
Anyone had this experience? I have no idea what it can be. It is sort of scary since I am 26 years old and have been healthy all my life.:idea:

voodoomedman
02-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Since I have not been in about 8 years. She tells me I have two moles on my back that need to come off right away. She says they are very black and speckled. This was Tuesday, today (Friday) I get a call from her office saying "We need to schedule an appointment for you right away, there was some abnormalities with your blood work. Can you come in Tuesday morning?"
I asked to speak with the doctor to find out what it was, they said she left early today and they could not tell me anything. So, now I get to spend the weekend wondering WTF is wrong and if I am dying! So lame of them to do that.
Anyone had this experience? I have no idea what it can be. It is sort of scary since I am 26 years old and have been healthy all my life.:idea:
Your doctor sucks. For something like that I'd have my doctor paged and calling me at home. Even if they said no I would make them do it.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Doctors offices can be so inconsiderate. :mad: I'm sure it's not a big deal, Don. There is no way around worrying about it over the weekend, I'm sure. I would be the same way. Actually, I have been the same way. When I was 16 I was having leg pains and went to the doctor about it. They told me they were going to test me for Leukemia. Then after they tested, I had to wait a week to get the results back and they didn't even call me. . . I had to call them! I was in tears that whole week. Scared to death. They just don't even think about the patient's nerves waiting for results. Good luck with the results.
p.s. If you don't have life insurance already, get some after this, while you're still young and it's cheap.

dmontzsta
02-09-2007, 09:23 PM
p.s. If you don't have life insurance already, get some after this, while you're still young and it's cheap.
Now I am really worried that you said that. :)
I have had life insurance for a while now, I actually just canceled my term policy and started a whole life.
I am praying right now, so much running through my damn mind...my son is 8...just a whirlwind in my head. I cannot believe they ****ed my weekend up like this.:mad:

dmontzsta
02-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Your doctor sucks. For something like that I'd have my doctor paged and calling me at home. Even if they said no I would make them do it.
I guess I should have pushed the issue, but I was more in shock. I am going to call Monday morning.

DILLIGAF
02-09-2007, 09:30 PM
You mofo...you better not die on me. Who the **** am I going to argue with on HB then?
Get it taken care of Don. Don't want anything happening to you.
Seriously....

racecar.hotshoe
02-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Just tell him things going to be falling off the man!
http://mud.mm-a5.yimg.com/image/3250311546

My Man's Sportin' Wood
Now I am really worried that you said that. :)
I have had life insurance for a while now, I actually just canceled my term policy and started a whole life.
I am praying right now, so much running through my damn mind...my son is 8...just a whirlwind in my head. I cannot believe they ****ed my weekend up like this.:mad:
The only reason I said that is because my brother got shot with a nail gun in the head a year and a half ago. He has two little girls and didn't have any life insurance. I was so mad at him when I found out because, although he is amazingly absolutely 100% fine, now he can't get life insurance unless he pays $$$$$.
My best friends husband had a nerve issue and they were afraid he had Lou Gherigs disease. They had a $300,000 mortgage, business, two kids and no life insurance! At 35 years old! I just don't understand it. As soon as we had our first child, one of the first things we did was get life insurance. When we bought our house, we got more. When Jeff started his business, we got more. I don't want either one of us to have to worry about money on top of losing a spouse and having to raise kids alone. And it's cheap!! $20/a month??? People spend more than that a week on Starbucks coffee!
Anyway, I'm glad to hear you already have some. Sorry if I made you nervous. Relax. Live your life this weekend. Look on the positive side. The scare might make you look at things through a different lens. Let us know on Monday what you hear.

Tom Brown
I guess I should have pushed the issue, but I was more in shock. I am going to call Monday morning.
It could be worse. You could be driving a GM product. :D
Up here, if there were an immediate cause for concern, they'd call you at home. I wouldn't freak out too much just yet, unless you enjoy that type of thing.
All the same, you'll feel better Monday when you talk with the doctor.
Hang in there, Don. Keep yourself distracted as best you can over the weekend. :)

mrs.robk
02-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I had to have a birthmark removed about a year ago. It was starting to change shape and color. When they did the bloodwork, it was pre-cancerous (whatever that's suppose to mean). It freaked me out but the doctor's office said since it was removed there was nothing to worry about.
I wouldn't stress too much.... I'm sure they would of have you come in if you were going to die or anything ;)

Tom Brown
02-09-2007, 09:41 PM
It may be a little premature for the life insurance talk. The guy is trying to get a handle on the possability that something might be wrong with him. Perhaps we should take a less caustic approach to soothing him. :D
Hey Don, when you go, can I be a paul bearer? :D

dmontzsta
02-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks peeps. :)
Everyone has been telling me to keep calm, but I cant! I stress alot as it is and this has put me over the top. I have had alot of deaths in my family (around 7 in the last 4 years) so I get worried. I am afraid to get drunk, cause what if it is something to do with the liver! ugh...
I cannot believe these cock sucking mother ****ers did this on a FRIDAY! :mad:
Ms.Wood, I wish more people would think like that. I am just talked my Dad into getting it. I have it on my wife and kid also, you never know. I was talking to a friend who has a 1.4 million dollar house, wife, kid and a big nut to cover each month. He had $0 life insurance, I was completely shocked. Someone making that kind of money and that careless.

DILLIGAF
02-09-2007, 09:42 PM
It may be a little premature for the life insurance talk. The guy is trying to get a handle on the possability that something might be wrong with him. Perhaps we should take a less caustic approach to soothing him. :D
I am going to throw a Clippers flag over his coffin :)
jk Don....It will work out for ya!

dmontzsta
02-09-2007, 09:43 PM
lol. What a dick. :)

Tom Brown
02-09-2007, 09:43 PM
I am afraid to get drunk, cause what if it is something to do with the liver!
Put those ovaries down and cowboy up, dumbass. :D

Tom Brown
02-09-2007, 09:44 PM
I am going to throw a Clippers flag over his coffin :)
... and a bowtie sticker. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-09-2007, 09:45 PM
LOL, perhaps you are right. I get in trouble for speaking without thinking all the time. One more to add to the list. :D

DILLIGAF
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
... and a bowtie sticker. :D
Might as well send him off with some humor is what I always say. Party at Dons house :)

DILLIGAF
LOL, perhaps you are right. I get in trouble for speaking without thinking all the time. One more to add to the list. :D
Angie + think...Hmmmmmm :jawdrop:
lol

rivergoer
REALLY DUDE JUST DRINK! monday will be here before you know it....dont sweat it......

dmontzsta
02-09-2007, 09:48 PM
If everything is ok, I am seriously pulling some savings and going shopping. I will buy a new F150 and some other toys! Life is too short and this is a wake up!

DILLIGAF
02-09-2007, 09:49 PM
If everything is ok, I am seriously pulling some savings and going shopping. I will buy a new F150 and some other toys! Life is too short and this is a wake up!
Good idea Don.....F Doctors anyhow. Call him back and call him a biach!

Tom Brown
02-09-2007, 09:49 PM
It's OK. He'll be gone soon and then you won't have to worry about it. :D
Seriously Don, people have weird looking shit cut off them all the time. Just the other day, I had a mole cut off that looked exactly like Rosanne Barr. After picking up a few hundred bucks on eBay, I've learned that skin abnormalities are not always a bad thing.

MikeF
02-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Get one of your arian friends with his knife to cut them off.....but make sure you call Jerry to get it all on film and post it on the forum. You could do it on Saturday! :idea: :D
In all seriousness though...I hope it all goes well. :mix:

dmontzsta
02-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Don't borrow trouble! It sucks the big one that they did that to you, and it will be tough not to dwell on it, but try to stay positive! There are so many different things they check in your blood, some of them serious - some not so much. If you have been on a bender lately, your liver could affect it, or prescription drugs can affect it, it could be cholesterol. It could be the sample got tainted and they just want to take another to be sure.
If it was real bad they would have told you to head to a hospital ASAP.
Let's hope for the best!
~Jeff
I have been researching what they test for and the big word "CANCER" keeps popping up, it scares the shit out of me since I have lost 4 close family members to it.
I was thinking if it was serious, wouldnt they send me to the hospital? and not just make an appointment?
I do not take prescription drugs and I had not had anything to drink in 4 days before the test.:idea:

DILLIGAF
02-09-2007, 09:55 PM
I have been researching what they test for and the big word "CANCER" keeps popping up, it scares the shit out of me since I have lost 4 close family members to it.
I was thinking if it was serious, wouldnt they send me to the hospital? and not just make an appointment?
I do not take prescription drugs and I had not had anything to drink in 4 days before the test.:idea:
Alright, no more jokes. I hope all is good Don

Tom Brown
There's the problem right there.

racecar.hotshoe
I hope all goes well for you Don.

riverbound
02-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Hope all well goes for you. I have a few that need to be looked at and have been procrastinating.

MikeF
02-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Whadda you know.....Sometimes Fords do finish first.....OOhhhhhhh! (in my best Andrew Dice Clay impression):devil:

racecar.hotshoe
02-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Whadda you know.....Sometimes Fords do finish first.....OOhhhhhhh! (in my best Andrew Dice Clay impression):devil:
Dons a good guy ................But fords suck :D

ULTRA26 # 1
02-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Hang in there. I'd probabally be at the Dr's office when it opens Mon. morning. I have experianed many Dr's office people, who have no sense or understanding of people's feelings. Hopefully, nothing too serious.
Again, hang in there
John

Tom Brown
02-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Hope all well goes for you. I have a few that need to be looked at and have been procrastinating.
Stop being gay. Get to the doc and have that shit cut off so you can impress chicks with your scars.
If there's one thing chicks dig, it's a cancer man. :cool:
.... with good life insurance. http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/eh.gif

voodoomedman
02-09-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm sure everything will be fine. Some doctors offices just lack in customer service is all. It's California and they have a million patients and bad attitudes. It's not like going to the doc in the Midwest. Good luck.
And life insurance is a good thing. The earlier you get it the cheaper it is per month. Mine's just taken out of my check. And the second thing you want is a living trust. That way there is no probate and there is absolutely no question who will care for your kids and who your assets will go too. But that is all a just in case. I have it but I'm not dying until at least 80. I'm sure you'll be fine too.

DILLIGAF
02-09-2007, 10:14 PM
And the second thing you want is a living trust. That way there is no probate and there is absolutely no question who will care for your kids and who your assets will go too.
I have it in writing that TB will look after my son. I can't think of a bettr guy to beat my son into submission. My backup plan is the pig farmer guy

Kim Hanson
02-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I feel bad Tweety, I told you to wear a hat and it should have been an umbrella :D I had one cut out with spots on it when I was 14, you are not dying from that thing.........:idea: I still have the spot where they removed it!.......You are such a pussy ricer ;)

voodoomedman
02-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I have it in writing that TB will look after my son. I can't think of a bettr guy to beat my son into submission. My backup plan is the pig farmer guy
Make sure I acquire all of your net assets and I will be blad to beat him up twice a day. I'll dress like a Canatard in the morning and a 3 toothed pig focker at night. :D

Tom Brown
02-09-2007, 10:24 PM
I have it in writing that TB will look after my son.
Let's get some matching, "Patriarch Tendencies" ink. :cool:

Tom Brown
02-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I still have the spot where they removed it!.......You are such a pussy ricer ;)
Is that where the scar on your penis came from?

voodoomedman
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
How do you know what's on his penis? :eek:

Tom Brown
02-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Let's just say Kim and I won't be giving blood any time soon.

Kim Hanson
02-09-2007, 10:30 PM
That was from when I wore zipper jeans :eek: Now just button ups Levi's baby :D :D .............( . )( . )..........

voodoomedman
02-09-2007, 10:31 PM
That was from when I wore zipper jeans :eek: Now just button ups Levi's baby :D :D .............( . )( . )..........
From Brown's comment it sounds more like he has ass hairs like a Brillo Pad!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-09-2007, 10:32 PM
I'll take care of your Bullhead house for you, Tom. No problem, glad I could help. :D

Kim Hanson
02-09-2007, 10:32 PM
He knows my wife Marcy :idea: ..........( . )( . )............:D :D

Kim Hanson
02-09-2007, 10:34 PM
From Brown's comment it sounds more like he has ass hairs like a Brillo Pad!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I don'y know about that crap, but he has drank more rootbeer than A&W can make.......( . )( . )...........:D :D

voodoomedman
02-09-2007, 10:35 PM
I'll take care of your Bullhead house for you, Tom. No problem, glad I could help. :D
Your going to need these if you do http://www.sillyteeth.co.uk/images/billy-bob-teeth/deliverance-100.jpg
That's why I just asked for the net assets.

Tom Brown
02-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Better safe than sorry. lol! :D
I don'y know about that crap, but he has drank more rootbeer than A&W can make.......( . )( . )...........:D :D
I don't drink pop anymore, Kim. I don't drink tea, either.
I was out of control so I've been trying to live a healthier lifestyle for the last couple of years. :cool:

bunny 166
02-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Try not to worry Don--I know that's easier said than done...I'm sure they're just being cautious....Try not to self diagnose anything and see what happens next week. Enjoy your weekend!! Everything will be Ok...;) ;) I'll be thinking of you Tuesday..... C

Kim Hanson
02-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Better safe than sorry. lol! :D
I don't drink pop anymore, Kim. I don't drink tea, either.
I was out of control so I've been trying to live a healthier lifestyle for the last couple of years. :cool:
Took up beer then :D ..........( . )( . )......keeps ya cleaned out and arms pumped :D :D

Tom Brown
02-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Took up beer then :D ..........( . )( . )......keeps ya cleaned out and arms pumped :D :D
I have no doubt, beer is more healthy than soda pop. I'm being serious too.
Hey Don... suck it up, cupcake. You're going to be fine. Now Kim and I are going to steal your thread. :D

Kim Hanson
02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
I have no doubt, beer is more healthy than soda pop. I'm being serious too.
Hey Don... suck it up, cupcake. You're going to be fine. Now Kim and I are going to steal your thread. :D
I was going to call him buttercup :D and still beer is really heathy, carry in a 24 with 2 bags of ice every other day, work out right there :D :D .......( . )( . )..........
How are you doing wih that shit Tom ?

IMPATIENT 1
02-09-2007, 11:14 PM
drink mother focker drink:D j/k hope all turns out ok:)
what he said:D i'm 31, been there ,done that. they always have something to say about moles, i've had 2 removed(hurt more than i thought it would:( )and they scared me too. my grandmother had a few(not ugly ones, basic "beauty marks") and she lived to see 92, i'm not to worried, think about the fam you have similar and alot older.in 50 yrs. your neighbor is gonna kill ya for your gasoline, don't worry about moles too much:D

DILLIGAF
02-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Let's get some matching, "Patriarch Tendencies" ink. :cool:
Make sure I acquire all of your net assets and I will be blad to beat him up twice a day. I'll dress like a Canatard in the morning and a 3 toothed pig focker at night. :D
haha

NashvilleBound
02-10-2007, 07:21 AM
With a stunt like that I would absoluely call the doctors office and have him paged. I dont know of any doctors that cant be reached 24/7. It seems that some of these doctors have become insensitive to the patients emotions and nevers over years of practice. Im sure everything on your end will be fine.....just nerve racking. Keep us posted....and good luck.
NB

bigq
02-10-2007, 09:08 AM
With a stunt like that I would absoluely call the doctors office and have him paged. I dont know of any doctors that cant be reached 24/7. It seems that some of these doctors have become insensitive to the patients emotions and nevers over years of practice. Im sure everything on your end will be fine.....just nerve racking. Keep us posted....and good luck.
NB
I agree I would have them paged every hour till the focker called backed and gave me an answer. That is BS!

Flyinbowtie
02-10-2007, 09:35 AM
We'll be praying for you too. It is easy to tell yourself to not overreact to soemthing like this, but the reality of life always sends your mind searching for the worst possible scenario, and then it decides that is the one you'll be facing. It is just human nature, and we're all human.
I'll tell you one thing for sure. On Monday when you see your doctor, I think I'd be having a real heart-to-heart with him/her about the way his staff laid you away for three days by dropping that bombshell on you and not explaining the situation properly. I'm with those that would have had that doc tracked down one way or the other and get some accurate info. That is simply wrong, and somebody needs a serious refresher course in people skills in general and compasssion. If they can't pass the refresher, they need to get into a job where they don't have to work with people.
Hang in there.

v-drive
02-10-2007, 10:14 AM
You need to go to the docs more. It's gonna be fine. Nurses have done this shit to me before , let us know how it all comes out...v-drive

sanger mike
02-10-2007, 10:33 AM
don. get on the phone RIGHT NOW AND TAKE CONTROL OF THIS DOCTORS OFFICE DEMAND TO TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ,THEY HAVE A CELL PHONE. :mad:

Debbolas
02-10-2007, 11:43 AM
It's OK. He'll be gone soon and then you won't have to worry about it. :D
Seriously Don, people have weird looking shit cut off them all the time. Just the other day, I had a mole cut off that looked exactly like Rosanne Barr. After picking up a few hundred bucks on eBay, I've learned that skin abnormalities are not always a bad thing.
Maybe you don't need life insurance......Is your mole shaped like any celebrity? ;)

acatitude
02-10-2007, 11:54 AM
hope all turns out ok, but the lakers are on a 2 game losing streak, sinking fast, it will spare you the pain of watching the clips race by your boys:D :D :D J/K take care homer:)

dmontzsta
02-10-2007, 12:14 PM
hope all turns out ok, but the lakers are on a 2 game losing streak, sinking fast, it will spare you the pain of watching the clips race by your boys:D :D :D J/K take care homer:)
lol, that is the least of my worries, they are still .500 on their 9 game road trip and it is almost over. :D Also that is missing Kwame and Walton. ;)
OK, now that the Lakers are over.
I am stressing a little less today. But, still I am sitting here with my Wife and Son and cant help but think the worst and what is waiting down the road. Hope it is ok, I will let you guys know what happens. How bad is it that I am praying for diabetes? lol

Debbolas
02-10-2007, 12:16 PM
What is that county western song........."Live like you were dieing"?
Hang in there, you will feel better once your moles are gone....can she freeze them off or does she have to cut them out?

Biglue
02-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Hey Don, repent now if you wanna see heaven. Start driving a Chevy to undo some of those blue oval sins over the years...I don't know how to undo driving that rice rocket harm you've done though. :D :D
Best of luck bro. I'm hoping it's something minor and the Dr. is just taking some precautions.
Louie and Fam.

ULTRA26 # 1
02-10-2007, 02:41 PM
lol, that is the least of my worries, they are still .500 on their 9 game road trip and it is almost over. :D Also that is missing Kwame and Walton. ;)
I am stressing a little less today. But, still I am sitting here with my Wife and Son and cant help but think the worst and what is waiting down the road. Hope it is ok, I will let you guys know what happens. How bad is it that I am praying for diabetes? lol
My guess is that your colesertol is very high. I just noticed that you are 26 and not 56 like me. Makes a huge difference. Diabetes is not something you want at your age and it is doubtful that is is something more serious. If it were something very serious, the call you received would have been from your doctor and not the office idiots. The Dr. may need to see you to explain colesterol meds and the importance of diet. Again, hang in there and try not to stress too much. Stress is not good for you at all. I have a Son your age and I would say the exact same things to him if he got the call you did.
John M

Rattle Can Lou
02-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey Boner...settle down. this shit happens all the time when your 54 years old and a little overweight. Every blood test is like goin to Vegas and putting your money on the cum line or whatever they call it. I picked up a little jock itch off of Tony's canopy and that put my Triglicerites over the top...yeah I know thats not how ya spell it. Anyway, You and I will have a hug at Irvine and all will be well. You will be smiling on Monday by about noon. I gotta story better than this one when you and I see each other. Too long to type out....RCL, tellng ya to cheer up MFer.

Kim Hanson
02-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Okay Donald, I had the same damn thing..They cut it out and then it is nothing..........( . )( . )..............:rolleyes:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23932&d=1171170059

dmontzsta
02-10-2007, 09:15 PM
oh my god, I am really going to die now, that is Kim Hanson naked! :D
I am not so worried about the mole actually, it is about the "some abnormalties" in the blood test.

QuickJet
02-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Damn Don, I just saw this thread. I hope all is well. Like others have said, I'm sure that if it was anything "life threatening" they would have told you to come back in NOW!! At the very least the Doctor would have called you and told you what the deal was.

MikeF
02-11-2007, 06:31 AM
When you're in there for the surgery, maybe they can cut out the part of your brain that believes the Fords are good. I think i'd wanna get rid of that first.:crossx:
Maybe at the return visit they'ed be able to do something about that Nissan fixation too.:idea:
:D

Dan Lorenze
02-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi Don.. My wife and I are going through the In Vitro process, for the process I had to be tested for many things.. After a blood test (on a Friday, before Christmas) my doctor called and said they found a trace (false positive) of an HTLV, that has traces to Leukemia. He told me not to worry, it's no big deal and come in to get retested. Well, I had to stew on it over the Christmas week up until New Years, I was thinking of all the things that I didn't get to do in my life and how the rest of my life would change drastically if the test showed traces of the HTLV, it wrecked my holiday and I kept it a secret from our parents and friends. Finally after eight days I found out that I was clear of any disease, turned out that the lab did some sloppy work.. Whew... It sucks to wait it out but do your best to try to forget about it... Just because your doctor has concerns doesn't mean the outcome will be all that bad.. I'm sorry to tell you you're just gonna have to wait it out and think positive....
Best of luck.... Let us know what happens..
Dan :)

ratso
02-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Good luck dmontzsta... I had a friend drop out of site for a couple of weeks... he showed up at the club last night... Told me he was in the hospital February 1st for an emergency quadruple bypass surgery.:jawdrop: He's 2 years younger than me...:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
I think I'm gonna "beef up" my health insurance next week.

Jetboatguru
02-11-2007, 08:16 AM
The Doctor is black isn't he?
That will teach you to go into a checkup wearing a sheet over your head.:D

lilrick
02-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Don, if you die ,can I have your boat?? :D

dmontzsta
02-11-2007, 10:13 PM
This weekend has went buy quick, been a good day with the family. I cannot wait to hear what the doc says tomorrow!

Not So Fast
02-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Good luck today. I hope its nothing serious!!! NSF

lucky
02-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Hey Donald - Hope everything is ok - fockin doctors - what a bunch of ass clowns -- On a benchracing Note - Your still gay :) hope things are looking up for you !:D

OutCole'd
02-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Good luck with everything today Donald. Keep us posted.

a catered life
02-12-2007, 07:46 AM
dam don sorry to hear the sad news but try to stay posotive...while things sound rough right now doctors of today are very resourseful (sp?)....keep praying and try not to worry yourself more than necessary:(
ps send over a few pictures of the wifey just in case:eek: lmao

a catered life
02-12-2007, 07:46 AM
dam don sorry to hear the sad news but try to stay positive...while things sound rough right now doctors of today are very resourseful (sp?)....keep praying and try not to worry yourself more than necessary:(
ps send over a few pictures of the wifey just in case:eek: lmao

460 jus getn it
02-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Don, stay positive and everything will turn out fine. If it was serious they would have had you in for tests that day.

DILLIGAF
02-12-2007, 08:37 AM
This weekend has went buy quick, been a good day with the family. I cannot wait to hear what the doc says tomorrow!
Make sure that when you talk to the Doctor tell him how unhappy you were with how this got handled Don.
Good luck

Trailer Park Casanova
02-12-2007, 08:52 AM
"We need to schedule an appointment for you right away, there was some abnormalities with your blood work. Can you come in Tuesday morning?"
Melanoma isn't detected in bloodwork, it's detected in scrape biopsis.
Don't get rattled.
You are going get through this fine.
If you don't have health insurance, and the very long shot chance this is serious, PM my wife and she'll tell you the steps for state of the art, excellent free treatment.

ChumpChange
02-12-2007, 09:27 AM
There are certain things that doctors do not tell patients over the phone. That's just the way it is. Best of luck.

Ms.Havasu
02-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Doctor offices call to make an appointment to discuss the results with the doctor and there is nothing wrong all the time.
I just had it happen to me. I'm calling my pharmisist friend and asking her what can it be and she is coming up with all kinds of scary things. When I get to the doctor he says everything is fine with the biospy, see you in 6 months. Oh and be sure and pay you co-pay on the way out. Thank you. POS:devil:

AZKC
02-12-2007, 10:06 AM
I am not so worried about the mole actually, it is about the "some abnormalties" in the blood test.
The mole can be worse than the blood problem, blood you can fix usually, melanoma on the other hand is pretty harsh.

Nord
02-12-2007, 10:29 AM
I've watched this thread since it was posted. I must say I have anxiety for you. Hope everything is o.k.
~NORD~

rrrr
02-12-2007, 11:21 AM
I'll be hoping for the best, Don.
Hey, maybe I can distract you with my health problems.......:D :D
I had surgery Friday, doctors removed my thyroid. It had a 1" diameter tumor on it, now I'm waiting to see if it is malignant. If it is, I have to have radiation therapy.
But, thyroid cancer has a 90% cure rate, and I've never been in the top 10% of anything, so I'm not worried....:D :D
Now I have to take synthetic thyroid hormones for the rest of my life. I think they need to jack up the dosage so I can get rid of the personal flotation device around my waist......
Just take it as it comes......you can't change it, but your mental outlook means a lot.
We will say a prayer for ya, buddy.

Tom Brown
02-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Hey, maybe I can distract you with my health problems.......:D :D
Hang in there, rrrr. You're way too cool to be held down for long. :cool:

dmontzsta
02-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Alright, so after 3 phone calls I finally got through to someone. I explained the situation to him and he said the doctor is busy seeing patients and cannot talk on the phone? So, I told him they ruined my weekend and I want to know if this is something serious (like the girl on Friday, he chuckles and says) "If it was anything serious, we would have you come in right away, most likely she found a few things that were off and wants to prescribe you something to correct it".
I dont know if I should be nervous still and take his word? or stress some more. I have kind of put it behind me a little bit after talking to him. The thing that irritates me is the nurse on Friday said they want me in on Tuesday and made an appointment, this guy tells me I do not have an appointment for tomorrow and my only appointment is to have the moles removed.
I think I might be finding a new doctor after this, cause they are pissing me off at this point.
Thanks for all the well wishes!

Tom Brown
02-12-2007, 01:40 PM
I dont know if I should be nervous still and take his word? or stress some more.
I recommend stressing some more. It's fun to watch. :D
You never know, you might end up pulling through. :D
Take it easy, Don. Gads!

Boozer
02-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Are you using a general practice doctor for this or going to a dermatologist?
Alright, so after 3 phone calls I finally got through to someone. I explained the situation to him and he said the doctor is busy seeing patients and cannot talk on the phone? So, I told him they ruined my weekend and I want to know if this is something serious (like the girl on Friday, he chuckles and says) "If it was anything serious, we would have you come in right away, most likely she found a few things that were off and wants to prescribe you something to correct it".
I dont know if I should be nervous still and take his word? or stress some more. I have kind of put it behind me a little bit after talking to him. The thing that irritates me is the nurse on Friday said they want me in on Tuesday and made an appointment, this guy tells me I do not have an appointment for tomorrow and my only appointment is to have the moles removed.
I think I might be finding a new doctor after this, cause they are pissing me off at this point.
Thanks for all the well wishes!

dmontzsta
02-12-2007, 01:42 PM
I recommend stressing some more. It's fun to watch. :D
You never know, you might end up pulling through. :D
Take it easy, Don. Gads!
I will post some pics of what a grey hair 26 year old looks like! Should be pretty damn funny.
Thanks.:idea:

dmontzsta
02-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Are you using a general practice doctor for this or going to a dermatologist?
Just general practice.

Tom Brown
02-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I will post some pics of what a grey hair 26 year old looks like!
I imagine your situation is pretty stressful but hang in there. You're going to be fine.

Boozer
02-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Just general practice.
Consult a dermatologist. IMO allowing a GP to fix you up in a situation like this is comparable to allowing the grease moneky at Jiffy Lube to rebuild your motor after finding coolant in the oil. Not to mention a Dermatologist will probably give you much better individual attention.

DILLIGAF
02-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I will post some pics of what a grey hair 26 year old looks like!
No thanks Don.....Glad it is not a big deal.

Nord
02-12-2007, 01:57 PM
One thing to remember about stress. No matter how you react or how much you stress out, the outcome is not going to change. Relax. Either way, stress isn't going to help.
That being said, I am one to talk since I stress over everything. But it is a good way to look at stuff.

ULTRA26 # 1
02-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Glad to hear that it doesn't appear to be anything serious. Whatever you do, your doctor needs to know what her office has put you through. If your Dr. doesn't show much conecrn, it's probabally time to find a Dr who gives a damn.
John M

boatnam2
02-12-2007, 02:02 PM
stay after them my ex when we were married had what looked like to me a old zit mark on her cheek,she went in a few times to have it looked at and was told dont worry about it,well long story short she now has a 4" scare on her cheek were they had to cut out the cancer.

dmontzsta
02-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Consult a dermatologist. IMO allowing a GP to fix you up in a situation like this is comparable to allowing the grease moneky at Jiffy Lube to rebuild your motor after finding coolant in the oil. Not to mention a Dermatologist will probably give you much better individual attention.
Good point, although I am unsure if my insurance covers dermatology. I already have the appointment set up for Wednesday, so I guess I will pray the grease monkey at jiffy lube knows what he is doing.

Tom Brown
02-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Good point, although I am unsure if my insurance covers dermatology. I already have the appointment set up for Wednesday, so I guess I will pray the grease monkey at jiffy lube knows what he is doing.
A GP is just as capable of removing a mole as any specialist. GPs do it all the time.
Seriously... a first year veterinary student could do it and probably do just as good a job. It's not difficult nor is it a big deal.

Mrs.HLB
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
I had my regular DR. cut out my moles. All she did was numb the area and cut. I did feel blood trickleing down my back..:jawdrop: But all is good. Everything will be fine.
Mrs.HLB

Water Romper
02-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately, this is an area I am quite familiar with. I do NOT agree with the statement that a general practitioner is “as qualified” as a dermatologist to spot and remove possible skin cancers.
Procedures like the MoHS and other forms of removal take a specialist and general MD’s don’t have the training, the same goes true the other way as well, I would not go see my Dermatologist if I had the flu or I broke my arm.
Most insurance will cover dermatology visits and procedures. I will not go into detail with my situation however I will tell you that if I had NOT gone to the DERMOTOLIGST AT THE REQUEST OF MY REGULAR DOCTOR, there is a good chance I would not be here today (that was two years ago)
My un-professional guess is you have nothing to worry about I’ll bet you have some good ol’ “Basil Cell Carcinoma” (sp?) which is a pre-cancerous condition that can be taken care of in a heartbeat but don’t take my word for it, I am a H/B member, what do I know???
You’ll be fine, just see a dermo-doctor and make sure the regular Dr. knows too.

lucky
02-12-2007, 03:36 PM
molie molie molie

02-12-2007, 03:50 PM
dmontzsta
i dont care who that dr was seeing she would be on the phone
telling me what the hell is going on, i have my dr's cell number
thats why you pay for insurance tell the bitch to get on the phone
and dont ruin another day
my o2

Rattle Can Lou
02-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Don, Now I'm pissed at you. I was stressed all weekend and I gotta tell ya that it wasnt really fair to put all of us through that. I talked to my attorney and he said I could sue for undue stress and strain...I don't really want to do that and I would accept a general apology.
I'm glad you are relieved and I hope you can clear your head a little now. I talked to the Grand Wizard and he wants you to get back to work...your numbers are off.

dmontzsta
02-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Lou, I apologize to you and everyone else. :)
I am sort of stuck listening to everyone's comments regarding a dermatologist vs. a doctor. Obviously, I want the best possible when it comes to my health.
I did a background check on my doctor and it seems she is a GP and surgeon, if that makes a difference. I find it a little weird that she would offer to take it off so fast, if she has not had experience with them in the past.
From my understanding, once the mole is off, it is off. You do not have to worry about getting cancer from it any longer (as long as it test negative) is that the case?
My aunt was telling me her friend had a mole removed and passed away 8 years later from it, that seems a little crazy to me how having it taken off can effect you.
Any pros on this matter?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Lou, I apologize to you and everyone else. :)
I am sort of stuck listening to everyone's comments regarding a dermatologist vs. a doctor. Obviously, I want the best possible when it comes to my health.
I did a background check on my doctor and it seems she is a GP and surgeon, if that makes a difference. I find it a little weird that she would offer to take it off so fast, if she has not had experience with them in the past.
From my understanding, once the mole is off, it is off. You do not have to worry about getting cancer from it any longer (as long as it test negative) is that the case?
My aunt was telling me her friend had a mole removed and passed away 8 years later from it, that seems a little crazy to me how having it taken off can effect you.
Any pros on this matter?
Don, don't waste another second, go out in the garage and take that thing off yourself. Let the doctor take care of the ulcer's you got from worrying about it....:D

dmontzsta
02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Don, don't waste another second, go out in the garage and take that thing off yourself. Let the doctor take care of the ulcer's you got from worrying about it....:D
I will hook up the mini die grinder and go at it, use some whiskey to num it huh?
BTW: Do we have a mini JG yet?

AZKC
02-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Any pros on this matter?
Not a pro but I do go in every 3 months to my skin doctor:) and have been for about 4 years. The cancer is all ready there(if its there) when the remove it. Thats what the test is for to see what is up with it. Its according to the depth that the melanoma has penatrated your skin, goes from levels 1-5. I'm currently going through one that was found to go to at least level 4, not good. Going to the Oncologist in a few weeks to see if its gotten into the lymph system. Which is a not so good thing. If thats the case, talking around 50/50 that I see 5 years from now, talk about depressing. But they do have some good treatments and procedure going on nowadays so who knows. But its all good untill the reports start coming in, the waiting is the hardest part.

vdrivenman
02-12-2007, 05:27 PM
while i don't agree with the doctors methods and putting you on hold all weekend you yourself deserve an AZZ chewin for waiting if i read it right 8 years between any type physicals or exams.
1 i go every 2nd year for a full physical. blood work,stress,echo,psa test
1 because heart problems run in my family.
2 we live in a petroleum/chemical plant enviroment.
3 i'm a male over fifty
4 i spend lots of time in the sun every year. i go to my family doc who refers me on to the dermatologist,just to be sure!
it is kinda like the fram advertisement: you can pay me now or pay me later !!
now is cheaper and less painful !

02-12-2007, 11:39 PM
If the biopsy comes back "Basal cell carcinoma" removing it is all that is necessary.
If it comes back "Melanoma" you will need a PET or PET/CT scan to see if it is anywhere else. PET is the most sensitive study for detecting metastases. The unfortunate thing about melanoma is it does not have to show up in an area that gets sun exposure. It can even show up along the gut tube as a primary location.
If it is melanoma, the chemo route is pretty standard since just removing it does not get it out of your system (probably what happened to your aunt). I know if it were me, I'd probably go to the John Wayne Cancer Institute in Santa Monica. They have the highest currative rates in the world for melanoma. They also pioneered a "vaccine therapy" for melanoma that has even worked in many "late stage" cases.
Best of luck!
----Rob

dmontzsta
02-13-2007, 12:26 AM
If the biopsy comes back "Basal cell carcinoma" removing it is all that is necessary.
If it comes back "Melanoma" you will need a PET or PET/CT scan to see if it is anywhere else. PET is the most sensitive study for detecting metastases. The unfortunate thing about melanoma is it does not have to show up in an area that gets sun exposure. It can even show up along the gut tube as a primary location.
If it is melanoma, the chemo route is pretty standard since just removing it does not get it out of your system (probably what happened to your aunt). I know if it were me, I'd probably go to the John Wayne Cancer Institute in Santa Monica. They have the highest currative rates in the world for melanoma. They also pioneered a "vaccine therapy" for melanoma that has even worked in many "late stage" cases.
Best of luck!
----Rob
Thanks. There has not been any tests on these two moles, the doctor said it is best just to cut them out, then have them tested. Is this pretty standard? and if there is already damage done, it is done right and cutting them out is not going to change that? but I figure, cutting them out is no loss, even if they are not cancerous it just assures they will not be.
Let me know if I am on the right track.
Thanks.

CircleJerk
02-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Don, you worry too much! Wait until the tests are complete and your Dr. will call you as soon as he knows, if they suspect Melanoma, they will be right on top of it. I had Incitue Melanoma on my back , from sun exposure, and after its removal and positive test, they removed a little more area and had that tested. Then when they figured they had it all, it was over! But now I have to wear a shirt all the time to hide the dent! (just kidding, I dont want any more sun) If it was one of the other kinds, I would be minus a left shoulder! So try not to worry youngster! F150? Now go hug your wife, not that shit box ford!

AZKC
02-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Thanks. There has not been any tests on these two moles, the doctor said it is best just to cut them out, then have them tested. Is this pretty standard? and if there is already damage done, it is done right and cutting them out is not going to change that? but I figure, cutting them out is no loss, even if they are not cancerous it just assures they will not be.
Let me know if I am on the right track.
Thanks.
Yep, you pretty much got it now. They remove them to test them, and if its something that needs more attention its been there awhile all ready.

Water Romper
02-13-2007, 09:18 AM
As I stated before, I see 4 Doctors every three months and one is chief of staff at UCLA Oncology…all because I had a little “spot” Had I gone to a DERMATOLIGIST years ago, I would not be in the situation I am in now. After 17 surgeries, and more to come, I am glad I went.
Go see the damn Dermatologist and get what ever you have taken care of and get ready for boating season…but remember your tanning days are over.

Seadog
02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I had a cyst removed from my neck. No big deal, but nowadays it does not matter how it looks, they ship it off for a biopsy. They may be 99% sure that it is nothing, but if anything happens to you in the future, some ambulance chaser may sue for malpractice.
The receptionist will know nothing and that is a good thing. Too many people in a doctor's office know too much about the clients. In most cases, if it was anything important, the doctor or the nurse makes the call, and they have answers. This was a case of some twit not having enough sense to say that it was just a routine precaution to make sure that nothing gets overlook. Most cases, it is high BP, high chloresteral, or high glucose levels and they want to have you watch your intake of certain foods.

dmontzsta
02-13-2007, 11:13 AM
I used to wonder why people wear shirts while hanging at the lake. I think I am going to be one of them now, it is just not worth it, I would rather have the farmers tan.
I get the two "questionable" moles removed tomorrow, then she said I would know the results within 1-2 weeks. Deep inside I know they will be ok, but this is a wake up call for sure.

ratso
02-13-2007, 12:20 PM
I used to wonder why people wear shirts while hanging at the lake. I think I am going to be one of them now, it is just not worth it, I would rather have the farmers tan.
I get the two "questionable" moles removed tomorrow, then she said I would know the results within 1-2 weeks. Deep inside I know they will be ok, but this is a wake up call for sure.
I always wear a tee or a tank at the lake...

02-13-2007, 11:51 PM
No it does not affect anything (adversly) to have them removed. The biopsy reports are what you care about (As AZKC pointed out). If you have other moles/spots that make you worry (and a good PPO), you may want to just go straight to a dermatologist and have reports sent back to your GP of what goes on.

Water Romper
02-14-2007, 04:24 PM
I always wear a tee or a tank at the lake...
I used to love getting a tan, I never had a shirt on and the feeling of the sun after a day on the lake felt great...now, I am a T shirt, hat wearing fool tucked under my bimini....and loving it.....sure, I would like to have that "golden tan" look but I would rather see my 12 year old graduate from high school.

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 04:47 PM
I had it removed today, my doctor seems to know what she is doing. She explained the entire process from start to finish (without me asking) before we even started. She mentioned she does this ALOT and the only thing that hurts is the shot before to num it up (which wasnt too bad) after that I didnt feel a thing. Although, right now it is a little itchy and sore, but I am not touching it as it is under the dressing.
She wants me to come back in a week and she will have the results, she will also take the stitches out. She said if it comes back negative, then all is well and it is just one less mole. Then there was three other stages she mentioned, which I forgot. Basically if it is cancerous she will have to take off 5" around where the mole was and have that tested, to make sure it has not spread, if that test is positive then she will seek further treatments, but I pray all is well with just the mole, since I do not think it has been there long.
Also, I explained to her about the Friday call and how nervous I was, she apologized, I dont know how much control she has over the receptionists.
My blood test was a little confusing, basically she said there is a chemical or something in the blood that comes off the liver. She said maximum for a normal person is 150 and mine was 182. She recommended I not drink alcohol for one month and come back in for a re-test to see if it has dropped. She said that is really high for someone my age (who doesnt drink much). It could be my liver cannot handle alcohol too well and I have to quit all together. No big deal as I only drink occasionally.
This is a big wake up call and I thought I was young and strong, I appreciate all the input you have filled me with and I chaulk it up as a lesson learned and I WILL be visiting the doctor regularly.
Thanks.

ULTRA26 # 1
02-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Hey,
Glad to hear that the issue in your blood wasn't anything too serious. If you didn't fast the night before (nothing to eat or drink after midnight except water) your blood test may results may have been skewed. Happened to me. Again, glad nothing serious
Take Care
John M

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey,
Glad to hear that the issue in your blood wasn't anything too serious. If you didn't fast the night before (nothing to eat or drink after midnight except water) your blood test may results may have been skewed. Happened to me. Again, glad nothing serious
Take Care
John M
I actually fasted from 10pm the night before on and my test was taken at 11:30am the next morning. This was on a Tuesday. The last drink of alcohol I had was Saturday night.