PDA

View Full Version : Selling the boat?????

blackcloud75
02-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Have you ever refused a full price offer because you just didn't get that "loving feelng"?

mrs.rvrluvr
02-10-2007, 09:03 AM
no
If you buy my boat I will give you a hug :D

superdave013
02-10-2007, 09:09 AM
I sold a Hondo flatbottom that had a nice Dick Vale paint job to a guy. He told me he wanted to use it as a dock beater :eek: Well I hated to do it but money talked and he drove off with it. 9 years later another ***boat member found it untouched and is putting it together now. I always wondered what happened to it and was so glad to see that guy didn't ever do anything with it. My old baby seems to have found a good home now.

2Driver
02-10-2007, 09:26 AM
At the end of the day it is a Fibergalss tub with an engine. No need to get sentimental. If he's legit get the loving feeling from the cash :D

ratso
02-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I have owned my HydroStream since 87, sold it to a friend of mine around 98, and was kicking myself in the ass afterwards... but he made an offer I couldn't refuse at the time. He used it maybe two times and I figured he just stored it after that. He died in an accident in 2000. After the funeral, his wife told me that "Tony" would have wanted me to have that boat back, so I could come get it if I wanted it. It had been left outside and was chalky and faded, but I knew I could refinish whatever needed to be done. I paid her back exactly what he bought it from me for. I doubt that I'll ever sell it again for any amount of money...

DCBob
02-10-2007, 09:34 AM
I have owned my HydroStream since 87, sold it to a friend of mine around 98, and was kicking myself in the ass afterwards... but he made an offer I couldn't refuse at the time. He used it maybe two times and I figured he just stored it after that. He died in an accident in 2000. After the funeral, his wife told me that "Tony" would have wanted me to have that boat back, so I could come get it if I wanted it. It had been left outside and was chalky and faded, but I knew I could refinish whatever needed to be done. I paid her back exactly what he bought it from me for. I doubt that I'll ever sell it again for any amount of money...
Ratso, I was gonna ask if that was your boat in your avatar, and if so what kind was it. Them Hydro Streams surprise a lota car boats

doc_texoma
02-10-2007, 09:35 AM
no
If you buy my boat I will give you a hug :D
whoever is in your avatar is a total HOTTIE! Say its you and I may just have to buy your boat to get that hug... :)

HocusPocus
02-10-2007, 11:00 AM
if they bring the cash they get the car, truck, boat, pwc or bicycle im selling.. it makes no difference to me. i never buy or sell based on emotion.. i think thats where alot of people get in over their heads.

ratso
02-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Ratso, I was gonna ask if that was your boat in your avatar, and if so what kind was it. Them Hydro Streams surprise a lota car boats
Yeah, that's it... V-King YT Tunnel... I pulled the 2.6 JohnRude off though and run a 2.5 Merc now... It'll scoot along pretty good.:D

FryJet
02-10-2007, 11:22 AM
If a buyer shows up and shows me the cash then they can take it and drop it off a cliff as far as im concerned. Its just a thing, no more, no less.
F.J.

ratso
02-10-2007, 12:18 PM
they can take it and drop it off a cliff as far as im concerned. Its just a thing, no more, no less.
F.J.
...like a vagina? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

FryJet
02-10-2007, 04:34 PM
...like a vagina? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
Yep, pretty much. ;)
F.J.

shueman
02-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Sold a boat to my nephew that I had tenderly restored to "like new" condition over a 6 year period....:smile: he used it for one season, then parked it in a field....it's just rotting away, going on 3 years now....:(

Baja Big Dog
02-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Unless I berth it through my asshoLL it wont feel bad!!

pebo
02-14-2007, 10:03 PM
I sold a Hondo flatbottom that had a nice Dick Vale paint job to a guy. He told me he wanted to use it as a dock beater Well I hated to do it but money talked and he drove off with it. 9 years later another ***boat member found it untouched and is putting it together now. I always wondered what happened to it and was so glad to see that guy didn't ever do anything with it. My old baby seems to have found a good home now.

mbrown2
02-14-2007, 10:30 PM
That's not really a loving feeling....that's your wallet telling your brain what a new one will cost versus the perfectly good one you have in the driveway...:)

SHOTKALLIN
02-15-2007, 12:45 AM
turn down a full price offer in today's market? You must be crazy.:D

2forcefull
02-15-2007, 07:39 AM
I say if some gets within 10% of your ask'n price sell it, wait'n for mister right with all the money never works for me.

Cole
02-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Have you ever refused a full price offer because you just didn't get that "loving feelng"?
I know Cory and completly understand where he is coming from.....he takes pride in everything he does and has...I dont think he could sleep if there were a chance his Schiada wasn't in a warm cozy garage!!

superdave013
02-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Dave I still have it and hopefully will be hitting the water at Big river soon.
Still not sure of the wing thing.... http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=122343&ppuser=1286
SteveE
Looking good Steve.
That wing spent most of it's life hanging on the wall in the garage when I owned it. But it is part of the boat and would look right at home when you do it up 1974 Blown Fuel Flat style later on down the road. :)

blackcloud75
02-15-2007, 09:41 PM
That's not really a loving feeling....that's your wallet telling your brain what a new one will cost versus the perfectly good one you have in the driveway...:)
So true...so true...
I say if some gets within 10% of your ask'n price sell it, wait'n for mister right with all the money never works for me.
Maybe I am only 90% sure I want to get rid of it.....or more like 10% of me that wants to get rid of it..:(
You are Mister Right.........Steve should've got 3 more feet added to that 21'r.....still you scored!!!!!!!No matter how you look at it...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Sold a boat to my nephew that I had tenderly restored to "like new" condition over a 6 year period....:smile: he used it for one season, then parked it in a field....it's just rotting away, going on 3 years now....:(
That's pretty much what happened to us as well. Our first boat was a 1970 Sidewinder. Original gold metal flake gel,black racing stripe, original black tuck and roll interior, :D She was a beauty for a 30 year old boat. Sold her to my brother and he "modified" the interior for more storage, never bought a cover and didn't have a garage. Sucked a rope or grass at Havasu and blew the impeller, then left it to rot in his yard. Last I heard, he had traded it for a non-running sandrail and the guy had not yet come to pick up the boat (about 3 years ago).
Wish I had my house sold and a new one already so I could by blackcloud's boat. :D It is exactly what I would be looking for, if I was looking. BTW, is it a walk through cabin?

YeLLowBoaT
02-16-2007, 06:30 AM
I've never turned down a offer on a boat, but I have not sold my fiat to several ppl. Mainly do to the fact they wanted it for thier teenage duagther. Its not that I am worried about it breaking or something. Its not a safe car, if you get in a wreck you will be dead. I would feel really bad if I sold it to some one for as a 16th birthday present and thier duaghter killed themselfs over a minor wreck.( even a 10 mph wreck would fook you up in that car)

blackcloud75
02-16-2007, 07:46 AM
..... BTW, is it a walk through cabin?
Cuddy cabin not a full walk through.....

RVRKID
02-16-2007, 08:10 AM
I say you just keep it and quit your whining!! Or I will give you half your asking and you can use it when you want!!

blackcloud75
02-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I say you just keep it and quit your whining!! Or I will give you half your asking and you can use it when you want!!
Kaatz, I'll make you a deal you can't refuse.......for you $110g's........
your favorite lil' biotch aka Tiny Dancer