PDA

View Full Version : Morse cable/Dom carb, how do I make it work ?

1968Droptop
02-10-2007, 01:06 PM
I've got a Dominator carb, and Morse throttle cable. I can't seem to figure out how to make them work together. When I push the throttle, the cable pushes out. I have nothing to attach the cable to on the carb that will allow 'pushing' to make it operate correctly. The carb only seems to work used in a 'pulling' manner to open it up.
I also can't seem to find a bracket to work with my morse cable and the Dominator carb. I thought I'd found one, it showed up yesterday. It hit's my acc pump brackets, even though it said it was for a Dominator application ?
Thanks for any insight you can give me !!!

Duane HTP
02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
You will find what you need here.
http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/details.asp?SubCategoryID=170&CategoryID=15

1968Droptop
02-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks Duane, that looks like it'd work to mount the cable, but how do I make it work on the carb ? The cable pushes out when I depress the loud pedal. My carb has no provision to mount the cable for a pushing motion. Do they make a bracket that'll bolt onto the carb to allow pushing to open and pulling to close it ?

steelcomp
02-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Mount the cable from the other direction. (front of the carb) The carb linkage dosen't care if you pull or push. You'll need a ball and socket for the attachment...socket adapter threads on the cable, the ball is attached to the carb linkage through one of the holes.

BOOGEYMAN
02-10-2007, 02:17 PM
or just turn the carb around.......the engine wont know.

Jetaholic
02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
or just turn the carb around.......the engine wont know.
I'll tell it...

1968Droptop
02-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Mount the cable from the other direction. (front of the carb) The carb linkage dosen't care if you pull or push. You'll need a ball and socket for the attachment...socket adapter threads on the cable, the ball is attached to the carb linkage through one of the holes.
That's to simple ! No wonder I couldn't figure it out LOL. Thanks guys.