PDA

View Full Version : Definition of a "***boat"

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Everyone has their own interpretation of a "true"Hot Boat what is yours?....
I believe ***boat (mag) took their name from Hotrod. My interpretation of a ***boat would be along the lines of a hotrod on water. Is everyone with me so far? :)
Big horsepower resulting in big performance, not rocket science right? In keeping with that theme it seems resonable that many follow suit aesthetically rounding out the package (ie flamed out or wild paint and flashy chrome engines and wheels). Or, the overpowered unassuming sleeper that still hauls the mail...
I've been going to the boat show every year and I can't help but notice more and more hotrod style graphics on wakeboard, grampaboats and pontoons.
Am I missing something here? It seems no different (IMHO) than painting ghost flames on a sewing machine powered PT cruiser!
I must be getting old Lol....

BLOWN HOWARD
02-10-2007, 01:16 PM
You hit the nail on the head Jerry YOUR ALREADY OLD!!!! What are ya 40 now

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-10-2007, 01:37 PM
You hit the nail on the head Jerry YOUR ALREADY OLD!!!! What are ya 40 now
Almost!!:eek: :D
Call me when your ready to have an old dude show you the way around a motorcross track. ;)

Jbb
02-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Hot.......Boat.....!
http://www.securescreens.com/boatpics/bot31389.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Hot.......Boat.....!
Is that Browns rig?

Jbb
02-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Is that Browns rig?
Probably....:D

Baja Big Dog
02-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Ive found out that the older I get the less I give a shit about what other people think, It kinda scares me sometimes but thats the way it is, my favorite saying is "Because I can!"
I havnt painted ghost flames on my PT Cruiser yet..........Oh wait a minute, I traded my PT for a rhino..........

707dog
02-10-2007, 02:05 PM
i agree with ya v-drive:cool: ...hell i aint got no ***boat!!!shit i love the boating life and the ones who dont boat with a passion for it will never understand us!!

Jetaholic
02-10-2007, 02:09 PM
I believe ***boat (mag) ...
Hot Boat has a magazine?

Havasu1986
02-10-2007, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Baja Big Dog;2385699]Ive found out that the older I get the less I give a shit about what other people think.
I can tell by most of your posts.:D :)

wsuwrhr
02-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Some people may just like turbo'ed PT Cruisers you know.
It seems no different (IMHO) than painting ghost flames on a sewing machine powered PT cruiser!

wsuwrhr
02-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Almost!!:eek: :D
Call me when your ready to have an old dude show you the way around a motorcross track. ;)
I'd be more than happy to run your decrepid ass over a few times.
Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-10-2007, 02:59 PM
I'd be more than happy to run your decrepid ass over a few times.
Brian
Sounds good Brian, how does march 16th @ Cahilla creek mx park sound?:)
let me know if you're serious...
And some people like Diahatsu's:)

eliminatedsprinter
02-10-2007, 03:06 PM
My definition is simple. Any boat that either goes fast (over 55 I guess) or looks fast enough to make people ask "how fast does it go" when they see it.:D

wolfie
02-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Doesn't make it a hot rod though.

dmontzsta
02-10-2007, 04:33 PM
http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/MiscPics/FastFlats/102.jpg
There is a ***boat and a grandpa boat...all in one pic.;)

Big Block
02-10-2007, 06:16 PM
nice pic.

Kim Hanson
02-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I believe ***boat (mag) took their name from Hotrod. My interpretation of a ***boat would be along the lines of a hotrod on water. Is everyone with me so far? :)
Big horsepower resulting in big performance, not rocket science right? In keeping with that theme it seems resonable that many follow suit aesthetically rounding out the package (ie flamed out or wild paint and flashy chrome engines and wheels). Or, the overpowered unassuming sleeper that still hauls the mail...
I've been going to the boat show every year and I can't help but notice more and more hotrod style graphics on wakeboard, grampaboats and pontoons.
Am I missing something here? It seems no different (IMHO) than painting ghost flames on a sewing machine powered PT cruiser!
Driving to the lake and people are giving you the arm pumps and thumbs up along the way there ! Getting to the launch area and you get a crowd to appear, fire it up and you can see lips saying " holy shit "! Go for a rip and get back to shore to pick up wife and kids and have to wait cause people want to now what kinda horsepower is that, can you take me for a spin in it later ? That is a ***boat...OB Baby !
The v-drive is even worse..........( . )( . ).............:D :D

Kim Hanson
02-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Hot.......Boat.....!
I bought a red metallic flake thing just like that, had it 2 months....sold it, it went 50mph with a 115 Chisler on it ........( . )( . )............:D

Coach
02-10-2007, 08:05 PM
So if it looks fast it is a ***boat? Or if someone asks you how fast does it goes because it looks fast?
A ***boat to me is not only does it go fast, but when you open up the hatch and guys start to drool and say things like God damn and Shit very loud.:D

Kim Hanson
02-10-2007, 08:24 PM
So if it looks fast it is a ***boat? Or if someone asks you how fast does it goes because it looks fast?
A ***boat to me is not only does it go fast, but when you open up the hatch and guys start to drool and say things like God damn and Shit very loud.:D
I have had " oh shit's " before :D .........( . )( . )..............;)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23931&d=1171167865

Boatcop
02-10-2007, 08:44 PM
http://www.boat-ed.com/generic/images/graphics/BoatFirePhoto_2003.jpg
.....is a Hot Boat.

78Eliminator
02-10-2007, 08:53 PM
T-decks are so bitchen looking.......

OSidePat
02-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Thats a hot boat

Moneypitt
02-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Sorry, but IMO, ***boats don't have hatches, just my opinion. Another qualifing factor, if someone else can go buy one, it aint a ***boat. If someone else does all your mechanical work, it aint a ***boat. If it has a roll bar with storage racks on it, it aint a ***boat. ..Just my .02........MP

QuickJet
02-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Excellent pic choice Don :D
Big engine in a small hull is my deffiniton of a ***boat.

catman-do
02-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Where is that track at?? Never been there...

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Where is that track at?? Never been there...
Its 85 miles from Rancho in Anza.
http://www.ccmxpark.com/:cool:

out of bounds
02-11-2007, 09:29 AM
anything that has a big block and bitchen graphic and runs hard. Something that not everybody has .lots of billet and chrome.if it can be in a car show then it is usaly a lake rod .oh nothing with exshust that you can't hear.
my 2 cents

Dribble
02-11-2007, 09:37 AM
This is my definition of a ***boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365dsc_0090a.jpg

wsuwrhr
02-11-2007, 09:49 AM
I will have to locate Cahilla first.
...and if someone is proud of their Daihatsu, then more power to them.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-11-2007, 10:22 AM
I will have to locate Cahilla first.
...and if someone is proud of their Daihatsu, then more power to them.
I agree, anyone with a diahatsu definately could use more power...:notam:
I posted a track link above.
...sometimes I think you're a little strange Brian, what do you think of that?

superdave013
02-11-2007, 10:39 AM
I think that it's something that custom, different and bad ass. For course it's gotta have big power too. I'm a v drive guy all the way but I do think that some of those off the hook offshore rigs are ***boats too. Some of those things are just down right wild in the rigging and engine(s) dept.
I know a guy with a Cobalt that looks pretty stock on the outside. Open the engine hatch and you'll see a hand built 540" efi engine that he did all his self. Hand made soild engine mounts (offshore style) all braided lines, polished everything that's one off made. He even made his own headers! The thing is bad to the bone and I promise he shocks many many people with it. ***boat? I donno but I bet it will whip azz on alot of so called custom "***boats" and there is not one other one like it.

wsuwrhr
02-11-2007, 12:10 PM
At this point, I am not sure if I even give a crap what you think of me.
What do you think of that?
Brian
I agree, anyone with a diahatsu definately could use more power...:notam:
I posted a track link above.
...sometimes I think you're a little strange Brian, what do you think of that?

wsuwrhr
02-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Now that is my kinda ***boat.
Brian
I know a guy with a Cobalt that looks pretty stock on the outside. Open the engine hatch and you'll see a hand built 540" efi engine that he did all his self. Hand made soild engine mounts (offshore style) all braided lines, polished everything that's one off made. He even made his own headers! The thing is bad to the bone and I promise he shocks many many people with it. ***boat? I donno but I bet it will whip azz on alot of so called custom "***boats" and there is not one other one like it.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-11-2007, 01:15 PM
At this point, I am not sure if I even give a crap what you think of me.
What do you think of that?
Brian
I guess I'm a little hurt.:)

wsuwrhr
02-11-2007, 01:36 PM
I doubt it.
I guess I'm a little hurt.:)

OCMerrill
02-11-2007, 02:48 PM
I can't tell what brand that ***boat is with all those people in there.:D

02-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Way to go Old Man. The fockin youngster will try to talk his way out. But, if you do get him to the track I'll be there.

hotsand65
02-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Hot Boat?? Well for us it is any type of boat at the river when it is 100+ degrees. And then it doesn't matter what type you have - it's a "HOT BOAT"

eliminatedsprinter
02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
lots of different definitions here, including the one I posted early on. Bottom line is we buy our boats for our own pleasure, so if we think they are "hot" then they are.:D :D

sleekcraft137
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
A "hot boat" is a boat that you either can't insure or a boat that costs WAY too much to insure.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-11-2007, 07:40 PM
A "hot boat" is a boat that you either can't insure or a boat that costs WAY too much to insure.
I like this one!

Kim Hanson
02-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Well it looks like I have 2 ***boats :D can't find someone to insure them...........( . )( . )...........:(