PDA

View Full Version : "Illegally Park-ed" - WTF?

core attitude
02-10-2007, 01:14 PM
No one disputes that an on-duty Irvine police officer got an erection and ejaculated on a motorist during an early-morning traffic stop in Laguna Beach. The female driver reported it, DNA testing confirmed it and officer David Alex Park finally admitted it.
When the case went to trial, however, defense attorney Al Stokke argued that Park wasn’t responsible for making sticky all over the woman’s sweater. He insisted that she made the married patrolman make the mess—after all, she was on her way home from work as a dancer at Captain Cream Cabaret.
“She got what she wanted,” said Stokke. “She’s an overtly sexual person.”
A jury of one woman and 11 men—many white and in their 50s or 60s—agreed with Stokke. On Feb. 2, after a half-day of deliberations, they found Park notguilty of three felony charges that he’d used his badge to win sexual favors during the December 2004 traffic stop.
Park, 31, was red-faced and unable to control his twitching foot in the moments before the verdict was announced; if convicted, he would have faced prison. When he was found not guilty, he briefly embraced Stokke. In the public seating section, tears flowed from his gray-haired motherÂ’s face. His father, a mechanic, closed his eyes and threw his head back. Outside the courtroom, surrounded by his family, a smiling Park said he felt vindicated.
Veteran sex crimes prosecutor Shaddi Kamiabipour—who’d called Park “a predator” during the nine-day trial—said she was disappointed with the verdicts. She also dismissed Stokke’s contention that the Orange County District Attorney’s office had overcharged the case. At stake, Kamiabipour said, was the principle that no one—not even a horny cop who’d once won honors for community service—is above the law.
“Park didn’t pick a housewife or a 17-year-old girl,” Kamiabipour said in her closing argument. “He picked a stripper. He picked the perfect victim.”
http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/il...park-ed/26661/

Jbb
02-10-2007, 01:42 PM
He belongs in prison...
Sounds like some real intelligent folks in the Ca. jury pools....:jawdrop:

Baja Big Dog
02-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Unreal, you talk about our court system, this was not the courts, but the idiot selecting the jury, how can a cop (or anyone) jerk juice on anyones car for any reason????
Another "If it dont fit" examples.
If I were a good looking woman I sure would not drive around this guys beat, vengence will be his!!! I also would never leave the house!!

Boatcop
02-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Unreal, you talk about our court system, this was not the courts, but the idiot selecting the jury, how can a cop (or anyone) jerk juice on anyones car for any reason????
Another "If it dont fit" examples.
If I were a good looking woman I sure would not drive around this guys beat, vengence will be his!!! I also would never leave the house!!
He's not a cop anymore.
Thank God!

TCHB
02-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes prison get him away from the badge.

HocusPocus
02-10-2007, 03:15 PM
guilty... not guilty.. stripper.. not stripper.. doesn't matter, the whole thing is just wrong and he has no business being an officer of the law.

RitcheyRch
02-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I guess he "got off" in more ways than one.

Boatcop
02-10-2007, 03:39 PM
guilty... not guilty.. stripper.. not stripper.. doesn't matter, the whole thing is just wrong and he has no business being an officer of the law.
Even with the best screening procedures in place, some whack-jobs still slip through the cracks.
Just look at me and Kilr. :D

LUVNLIFE
02-10-2007, 04:35 PM
That's funny, you said whack-jobs, get it?:D :D :D

Kilrtoy
02-10-2007, 05:35 PM
He must have just watched the
BAD LIEUTENANT
he was protraying Harvey Keitel

riverroyal
02-10-2007, 07:48 PM
did he have a kiss mark on his cheek and some glitter on his lap?

C-2
02-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Two things are certain - the stripper is gonna walk away with a "wad" full of cash from the fine residents of Irvine; and Kamiabipour, the veteran sex-crime prosecutor, is gonna find a copy of "Prosecuting for Dummies" on her desk.
Granted the prosecutor probably thought since the guy admitted to his crime, it was kind of a sure thing, but allowing 11 men on a panel, in a man-on-woman crime, was just plain stewwwpid.
There's gotta be more to the story. Great read though :)

Old Texan
02-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Sounds like a script for Boston Legal. Denny Crane......

Phat Matt
02-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Dumbass should have made her swallow the evidence. :D

Boatcop
02-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Two things are certain - the stripper is gonna walk away with a "wad" full of cash from the fine residents of Irvine; and Kamiabipour, the veteran sex-crime prosecutor, is gonna find a copy of "Prosecuting for Dummies" on her desk.
The city already paid this fine upstanding citizen $400,000.00 of the taxpayer's money.

catman-do
02-11-2007, 07:08 AM
I take it this was a while ago. Didnt Capt Creams shut down? I did the loan for the guy and his mom that own that club and The Library.

SHOTKALLIN
02-11-2007, 12:51 PM
He must have just watched the
BAD LIEUTENANT
he was protraying Harvey Keitel
Thats a great movie:D
This guy couldn't wait to get off duty? What a tool.

SHOTKALLIN
02-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Dumbass should have made her swallow the evidence. :D
I guess he was sleeping through the chain of evidence lecture in the academy:D

SHOTKALLIN
02-11-2007, 12:55 PM
The city already paid this fine upstanding citizen $400,000.00 of the taxpayer's money.
What a joke...I'm sure she was scarred for life. I'm sure she has done worse on a 3 for 1 lap dance.:D

Baja Big Dog
02-11-2007, 01:42 PM
He's not a cop anymore.
Thank God!
AMEN:sqeyes:

C-2
02-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I take it this was a while ago. Didnt Capt Creams shut down? I did the loan for the guy and his mom that own that club and The Library.
The Library in Lake Forest was closed down by the city, you talking about that Tiger guy?

catman-do
02-11-2007, 02:51 PM
The Library in Lake Forest was closed down by the city, you talking about that Tiger guy?
I dont remember what the borrowers name was. I heard both of them were closed down by the cities. Capt Creams by irvine library by LF. I heard they didnt want that type of establishment. Lake Forrest must be trying to clean up their act and get away from being a mini santa ana.

C-2
02-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I dont remember what the borrowers name was. I heard both of them were closed down by the cities. Capt Creams by irvine library by LF. I heard they didnt want that type of establishment. Lake Forrest must be trying to clean up their act and get away from being a mini santa ana.
Most cities don't want strip clubs and fight like hell to keep them out. The laws actually favor the owners, but it's usually the onslaught of litigation which kills the owners. Ya need serious bank to fight cities, and the few attorney's who represent the clubs require payment in advance - no open book accounts. If you can litigate with the city for 5-10 years, owners usually come out on top.
I'm still laughing at the "illegally Park'ed" title of this thread. Nicely played.