PDA

View Full Version : B. U. I.

JWM
09-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Boat Cop: Over the Menorial Day weekend a youg guy received a B.U.I. while boating on Havasu. Whent to Needles, appeared before the Judge and receiced a $1400.00 fine. A few months later his drivers licence was suspended for 6 month. My question to you Allen is, what is the difference between a D.U.I. and a B.U.I. Is there a special set of drinking laws in affect for boaters?

HBjet
09-02-2003, 04:45 PM
I'll add my 2 cents. A BUI or OUI is the same as a DUI, and the same laws apply in regards to the legal BAC limit. 1400 fine and 6 month suspension is exactly what I got. Actually the fine was like 1457.00 or something. I wasn't in my boat though, so it's on my driving record as a DUI.
Just so you know, the max fine you can get for a first time DUI/OUI is 1000 bucks. Now your thinking, why 1400 then? Well, because they tax it like 300%, so 1400 isn't that bad after all when it could have been 3k.
HBjet

77charger
09-02-2003, 04:59 PM
my brother got one in havasu last year also he got the came fine and loss of his DL.Its the same as a car if you are in a boat or any thing it takes a human to operate Bike,go ped,horse,skateboard,etc.

superdave013
09-02-2003, 05:05 PM
Jim, You might want to post this in the sandbar. I don't think Boat Cop comes in here very much.
He also has a web site.
www.boatcop.com (http://www.boatcop.com)

Kindsvater Flat
09-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Nice avatar Dave!!

Sangster
09-02-2003, 05:25 PM
I don't think it matters where you post it...If you choose to drink & drive be sure you know the consequence......This may piss alot of people off, **** THEM....The day someone at the lake hurts , Mames or kills someone close to you while under the influence I'm sure you will be singing a different song....Don't get me wrong...I've been known to down a few, but then it's hoofin' it where ever I go..... :cool: :cool:
[ September 02, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

GofastRacer
09-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Sangster:
I don't think it matters where you post it...If you choose to drink & drive be sure you know the consequence......This may piss alot of people off, **** THEM....The day someone at the lake hurts , Mames or kills someone close to you while under the influence I'm sure you will be singing a different song....Don't get me wrong...I've been known to down a few, but then it's hoofin' it where ever I go..... :cool: :cool: Right on dude!!.. :cool:

superdave013
09-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Sangster:
I don't think it matters where you post it...If you choose to drink & drive be sure you know the consequence......This may piss alot of people off, **** THEM....The day someone at the lake hurts , Mames or kills someone close to you while under the influence I'm sure you will be singing a different song....Don't get me wrong...I've been known to down a few, but then it's hoofin' it where ever I go..... :cool: :cool: Although I agree with you 100% you might want to read what he posted again Mr. Chronic Relief. He said a young guy got a B.U.I. I'm sure that young guy is learning his lesson just like you and I did. I know I did my share of drinking and driving in both a car and a boat in my younger years. I bet you did a little yourself and might just slip someday and do it again.
I'm just saying that you might want to watch how high of a horse you ride. The higher your horse the more it hurts when you fall off.

Sangster
09-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Superdave..Never said I was on no High Horse..But when I Party, Which is probally more than most..Believe me..I wont be riding the Horse.. I'll be HOOFIN'IT.. smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp