PDA

View Full Version : A real show biz celebrity died last week.

eliminatedsprinter
02-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Barbera McNair died last sunday at age 72. All you young folks should google her. She was georgous and she could sing and act. Her movie and musical credits are too long for me to list here. Her T.V. show The Barbara McNair Show ran from 1969-1972 and featured lots of real talent and quality entertainment.

HocusPocus
02-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Barbera McNair died last sunday at age 72. All you young folks should google her. She was georgous and she could sing and act. Her movie and musical credits are too long for me to list here. Her T.V. show The Barbara McNair Show ran from 1969-1972 and featured lots of real talent and quality entertainment.
Here is her webisite.. RIP (http://www.barbaramcnair.com/introduction.htm)

RitcheyRch
02-10-2007, 03:34 PM
The name doesnt sound familiar to me and my parents dont remember her either.

eliminatedsprinter
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
The name doesnt sound familiar to me and my parents dont remember her either.
Pehaps they might remember her as Evis's co star, along with Mary Tyler Moore, in the movie " Change of Habbit" or as Sidney Portier's wife in "They Call Me Mr Tibbs" and it's sequel "The Organization". She was a headliner on all the great variety shows of the 60s and 70s and a frequent guest star on shows like Mission Impossible, I Spy, and McMillin and wife etc. She also has songs on recordings like "The Ultimate Motown Collection" etc.. You and your folks would recognize her if you saw her.

Trailer Park Casanova
02-10-2007, 06:49 PM
We saw her act in Vegas.
She appeared with Bill Cosby on occasion,, and Gregory Hines.
She sang. told funny stories, and did several differnt styles of tap.
We didn't know their were different types of tap.
Pretty cool.
After the show she'd hang out by the exit, shake hands with her fans, stay and talk to everyone.

Desert Rat
02-10-2007, 08:47 PM
slow day huh Steve??:D

eliminatedsprinter
02-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Kinda. For some reason, I just figured someone who was really attractive and famous for actually doing some things really well, should get her death noticed too this week.

RitcheyRch
02-11-2007, 09:24 AM
I will ask. Sounds like she did it all.
Pehaps they might remember her as Evis's co star, along with Mary Tyler Moore, in the movie " Change of Habbit" or as Sidney Portier's wife in "They Call Me Mr Tibbs" and it's sequel "The Organization". She was a headliner on all the great variety shows of the 60s and 70s and a frequent guest star on shows like Mission Impossible, I Spy, and McMillin and wife etc. She also has songs on recordings like "The Ultimate Motown Collection" etc.. You and your folks would recognize her if you saw her.