PDA

View Full Version : This years project boat.

Bahner tunnel
02-10-2007, 03:05 PM
After a few years of a 19' pickle w/a 2.5 Merc I had to man up and get another jet boat. Getting ready to put the engine in next week when the UPS man drops off the intake. Gauges and wiring is next.
Then looking into somewhere between San Diego and L.A. for the interior . Any one have a ball park figure for a pair of buckets, a bench and side panels? I like the new boat "boxy" style ( Ultra, Eliminator seats).
Some specs so far.
1998 Eliminator 21' Daytona
GS marine prepped Dominator pump
stainless "B" impellor w/inducer
Mersch intake
Calgo steering
Engine: 10.2 to 1 496ci BBC
Eagle rotating assembly
SRP pistons
264/272 @ .050" solid roller .715"/ .710" 112 lc.
Pro Topline 320 cc heads
Isky "tool room" 1.62" springs , Ti retainers. 260lb seat 675lb open.
Dart intake (in the mail)
Holley 1150 Dominator
Planning for a 200-250hp plate nitrous system in hopes of hitting mid 90's.

Bahner tunnel
02-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Some more pics.

Dimarco Kid
02-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Who made that fuel valve??? Looks nice. So doesn't the project! "Fat Rat" on here has a 21 with a blown 509, beautiful boat and runs like a banshee.:D

Bahner tunnel
02-10-2007, 03:37 PM
The company starts with a "G" out of L.A. calif. (I'm not much help) and they sell them on the Dana website. It is a pretty nice piece and has a positive "thump" at each position. I wanted to run all an style hose and it comes with -08 or -10 outlets or even barbs. I actually bought this one on e-bay for $60, I was about to order one and saw it , pretty sweet deal. I think they are around $185.00 on average for a new one. The mounting holes are under the chrome caps so the hardware is hidden.

Dimarco Kid
02-10-2007, 05:16 PM
It's nice bro...whata freekin deal!! You don't buy much for under a $100 bucks anymore...actually, I don't think ANYTHING for these tubs is under a $100!!! LOL
Good luck;)

atxwrangler
02-10-2007, 07:11 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140088

flat broke
02-10-2007, 10:16 PM
The fuel valve is made by Golan. http://www.golanproducts.com/fuel_valves.html
Chris

Mr. Crusader 83
02-11-2007, 08:48 AM
I used D&S Quality Marine Interiors. They do all of Ultra Boats interior in El Cajon. I did front seats, rear bench, side panels, and a hatch for $2400.

Bahner tunnel
02-11-2007, 02:51 PM
I have heard they do nice work , I will go by there shop Monday and check it out. I was hoping that $3k would cover the interior work. A partial engine cover would be cool, with the header tops and intake/carb exposed through the top. If I was to cover the entire engine it would need to be around 2 feet thick.

Squirtcha?
02-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Nice looking ride.
Calgo steering.
Setback pump. Nice work too.

bead
02-11-2007, 05:03 PM
saw the fuel valve @ the CP performance booth at the boat show today . awsome piece $180

Dimarco Kid
02-11-2007, 05:13 PM
saw the fuel valve @ the CP performance booth at the boat show today . awsome piece $180
Man...it would solve alot of mess and headaches trying to plumb it and make it look nice. Very clean.:)

Bahner tunnel
02-11-2007, 11:21 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140088
Those would have been nice in my 19' last year. The 21 Daytona's rear seat is around 60" wide, going from the 19 to the 21 is a trip. It will be nice to have a little more interior room and I hear they handle rough water pretty well.

Bahner tunnel
04-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Just about ready to take the boat to D&S monday for the interior make over "Ultra" style. A few loose ends to clean up like the remote oil filter mount and header water lines but it is getting close. Note the prototype masking tape and plastic valve covers, very light weight, currently working on the oil and water resistance issue.
Here is some of the benifits of having a younger brother thats own a machine shop. 18 pack of Bud lights , 12 rolled tacos and 6 hours later I have most of my Flame arrestor built. Now there will always be at least one hot chick in the boat at all times.:D

Bahner tunnel
04-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Here is some pictures of my son "helping" out with the boat. He is very handy with a red sharpie marker. :sqeyes:

Bahner tunnel
04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
The boat is still at D&S for the interior......:(
Maybe next week?

squirt'nmyload
04-26-2007, 08:24 PM
nice boat.....and it looks like i just added that style fuel switch to my list :D

Mr. Crusader 83
04-27-2007, 07:11 AM
The boat is still at D&S for the interior......:(
Maybe next week?
Did you talk to Danny or Sal.
What did they end up quoting you. They did great work on my boat.
Any pics yet?

Bahner tunnel
04-27-2007, 03:46 PM
I have only talked to Sal so far . It was originally planned to be done last Friday, then this Thursday, now it it the end of next week.:(
I can 't wait to see it done. I picked this hull up basically bare the end of last year. The interior should make a night and day difference.

FryJet
04-27-2007, 05:50 PM
You probably should stop by every day and threaten to take your boat elsewhere to light a fire under their ass. The sad part is that you just might end up having to do that anyway. You have a PM.
F.J.

sdpm
04-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Pulled a boat out of there this morning. Keep a close eye on it. I saw it had no valve covers on as well as a few other items. They could care less. I have known Sal for along time. Time to use his younger brother.

Mr. Crusader 83
04-27-2007, 06:31 PM
I have only talked to Sal so far . It was originally planned to be done last Friday, then this Thursday, now it it the end of next week.:(
I can 't wait to see it done. I picked this hull up basically bare the end of last year. The interior should make a night and day difference.
Sal is a bit of the ass. ssshhhhh i didnt tell you that.
but they do great work.
I got mine back in a week. :D
front seats, rear bench, side panels, and a hatch

FryJet
04-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Pulled a boat out of there this morning. Keep a close eye on it. I saw it had no valve covers on as well as a few other items. They could care less. I have known Sal for along time. Time to use his younger brother.
Its amazing how Sal can just bone people like he does and still keep rollin. I guess he thinks Ultra is his cash cow and doesnt worry about anyone else. I agree though, Danny does great work and gets it done on time. He just did my buddys daycruiser and it turned out tits.
F.J.

Bahner tunnel
04-28-2007, 03:30 PM
I stopped by D&S today to see if any progress had been made on my week over due interior . The boat is in another spot in the yard but still nothing. I haven't been this pissed in a long time. I talked to a few of the employees there and over heard enough in spanish to tell me that I'm 2-3rd in line at best. Sweet.
I have talked to two other shops this morning and have a back up plan if I end up getting totally Fu#ked over. If I had know that my 2 week promise date would roll into a month I would have never dropped the boat off in the first place.
It is not like I'm paying them with food stamps and IOU's.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mr. Crusader 83
05-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I stopped by D&S today to see if any progress had been made on my week over due interior . The boat is in another spot in the yard but still nothing. I haven't been this pissed in a long time. I talked to a few of the employees there and over heard enough in spanish to tell me that I'm 2-3rd in line at best. Sweet.
I have talked to two other shops this morning and have a back up plan if I end up getting totally Fu#ked over. If I had know that my 2 week promise date would roll into a month I would have never dropped the boat off in the first place.
It is not like I'm paying them with food stamps and IOU's.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
When I had problems with mine, I talked to Ultra Boats and they lit a fire under their ass and it got done quick.
Pay Ultra a visit

Mr. Crusader 83
05-03-2007, 08:33 AM
you also have your boat in there at the wrong time, after the boat show and right at the begining of boating season. I had mine in there a month before the boat show. Maybe thats why you are waiting so long

BrendellaJet
05-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Take your original promise date and triple it atleast. Anything in the custom boat or car business is pretty much that way(some exceptions, but not the norm). Be patient.

Bahner tunnel
05-13-2007, 06:56 AM
The project is final wrapping up. I took the boat out to El Cap yesterday for it's maiden voyage and things went pretty well I guess. A few issues to work out like a transom plate water leak and running a little warm at time. The water leak is easy and the heat problem seems to be the way I have the plumbing routed. I forgot how much fun a jet was to drive, I had a 19" pickle with a 2.5 for 3 years prior to this boat.
On the bright side it runs about as hard as I was hoping for. It turns my GS prepped Dominator with a stainless "b" w/ inducer 61-6150 rpm with an unloading porpose at top speed. It seems to deffinetly run out of water at top end. Just as the hull really starts packing air it seems to rock for and aft on the ride plate. I have a wedge that I can remove from the droop but I feel it needs to drop the shoe or run less blocker on the intake. :confused:
I will post shoe height #s to better undestand my set up later today and blocker length for any suggestions you may have .

Bahner tunnel
05-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Some of the semi finshed product. The 2 weeks at D&S turned into a month. It funny because when it's done you forget about the last 4 weeks a waiting. There quality overshadows the delay. It came out pretty slick.:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-13-2007, 07:23 AM
That is a beautiful boat. You did a killer job. Glad to see you back with the jets;) Did you flip the gps on? How much blocker are you running? A pressure guage on the suction will help you with you cavitation at WOT.

Bahner tunnel
05-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the compliments, basically steady painful progress since around november from a hull with a pump mounted. Now for the set up......
I left the GPS at home along with a few tools I needed. My old boat ran 80ish and going by the eye blur factor I fell I was in or slightly past that # into the wind at El Cap. It is pretty rich now with my current jetting ( 1150 Dom w/91-92), the plugs are black after 20 gallons of runtime. This could also be the 2 curciut Dominator poor cruise/ part throttle efficientcy I hear about. I have a port tapped on the pump but have not installed a gauge yet. It was a wierd feeling, the unloading /rock at top end. One thing that was cool is when you cut the throttle from full speeed and coast it is very controllable, lack of intake pressure I guess. My old Bahner tunnel hull would dart side to side a few feet on shut down, not cool at all.
The motor runs well even at it's somewhat lame state of tune, rich and retarded ans running warm at times. The exhaust is louder than I had thought it would be being through transom style. Sounds sick, but maybe a noise ticket in my future.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Glad to see that your happy :) Keep us updated on your progress........

vishus
05-13-2007, 05:08 PM
your 2.5 OB ran 80ish? what size prop? how does the newboat acceleration compare to your 2.5 OB?
later man,

Bahner tunnel
05-13-2007, 06:42 PM
I ran a 26" Merc chopper 6800 rpm and it ran 83MPH on a GPS. The motor was a carbed 1998 model. 8" set back with the prop shaft 3/4" below the bottom of the hull.
I would usually run a 24" chopper for the river with a heavy load like 3-4 people in the boat. The 26" was nice with 1-2 people .
The jet I have now I feel would out accelerate the old 19"er w/ the 2.5.
It pulls like a frieght train from 30mph up and the outboard 19" more of a steady pull to top speed. I had a lighter flywheel , and milled the heads (145 psi ) . It had pretty decent mid range grunt but not really close to the pull of the jet.:D