PDA

View Full Version : So anyone gonna make it to Miami for a real boat show?

Chromegorilla
02-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Any ***boat members gonna be in Miami to see what a real boat show looks like next week?;) :D
I'll take lots of pics for those who can't.....:)

scooooter7
02-10-2007, 03:30 PM
No but I can't wait to see the pictures.

eliminatedsprinter
02-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Too far to go and I'm not into big white boats.;):D

Chromegorilla
02-10-2007, 03:33 PM
and I'm not into big white boats.;):D
thats funny right there.....:D

Jbb
02-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Too far to go and I'm not into big white boats.;):D
:D

Ike
02-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Wish I were. I went every year for over ten years. Get me a pic of the chicks at the Hot Boat Booth. It's usually out back of the convention center in the tent.

Moneypitt
02-10-2007, 09:34 PM
In California, people could go to the boat show first thing in the morning, hang around a few hours, and DRIVE to the ski slopes for the afternoon....Of course I guess you could do that in Florida IF YOU HAD ANY MOUNTAINS!! Or any SNOW......MP

Ike
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Moneypitt. no offense but you haven't got a clue. The Miami International Boat show is so big it takes up three locations, The Miami Convention center for the indoor stuff, two separate locations for in-water, one for power, one for sail. All are several miles apart. At those three locations you can see anything from a rowboat to yachts over 100 feet. Plus that they have all the accessories and gadgets you could ever imagine. Then there is the brokerage show for used super and mega yachts. I am talking nothing less than a mil, and up to over 100 mil. I have never seen the whole show and I typically spent a week there. Of course we had a booth and I had a lot of meetings to go to, so I didn't have a lot of time to run around but still this is some boat show. But I would estimate at least 3 or 4 days to see the whole show. I recently went to the Seattle boat show, and its supposedly the biggest on the west coast. It can't even hold a candle to the Miami show.
As far as I know the only show bigger than this is in Italy, where boat manufacturers from all over the world go to show off their stuff. The Dubai show might be close though. I never got to go to these shows, but my boss went several times and he ws very impressed.

Jbb
02-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Moneypitt. no offense but you haven't got a clue. The Miami International Boat show is so big it takes up three locations, The Miami Convention center for the indoor stuff, two separate locations for in-water, one for power, one for sail. All are several miles apart. At those three locations you can see anything from a rowboat to yachts over 100 feet. Plus that they have all the accessories and gadgets you could ever imagine. Then there is the brokerage show for used super and mega yachts. I am talking nothing less than a mil, and up to over 100 mil. I have never seen the whole show and I typically spent a week there. Of course we had a booth and I had a lot of meetings to go to, so I didn't have a lot of time to run around but still this is some boat show. But I would estimate at least 3 or 4 days to see the whole show. I recently went to the Seattle boat show, and its supposedly the biggest on the west coast. It can't even hold a candle to the Miami show.
As far as I know the only show bigger than this is in Italy, where boat manufacturers from all over the world go to show off their stuff. The Dubai show might be close though. I never got to go to these shows, but my boss went several times and he ws very impressed.
Yeah.....but there probably wont be any orange DCB'S in Miami...:D