PDA

View Full Version : LA Boatshow

southwest
02-11-2007, 03:18 PM
--

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 03:26 PM
WOW, Im sure they are running down there as I type this. Im sure they are shaking in their bots...
Two different leagues and prices.

Havasu1986
02-11-2007, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=southwest;2386722]Im glad most of the boat builders upstairs were way to good to help or even answer a simple Question< DCB or Eliminator > because I might not have ventured downstairs and ran in to Brent from Next custom boats. Who turns out was from eliminator originally .
Ahh..Brents dad just so happens to be the founder of Eliminator, Bob Leach. Just in case Brent didn't tell you. Brent was who I dealt with when I bought my boat in 98'.:)

phebus
02-11-2007, 03:33 PM
The Next boats are being rigged by the guys at ECM, and they are meticulous, and very knowledgable.

Phat Daddy
02-11-2007, 04:30 PM
WOW, Im sure they are running down there as I type this. Im sure they are shaking in their bots...
Two different leagues and prices.
Customer service is good business 101, doesn't matter what league or price range your in.:rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Customer service is good business 101, doesn't matter what league or price range your in.:rolleyes:
What I meant is he is looking at a high end builder and settled for a new entry level builder. Makes one wonder the motive behind this post

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-11-2007, 05:03 PM
What I meant is he is looking at a high end builder and settled for a new entry level builder. Makes one wonder the motive behind this post
It appears he couldn't get any information from DCB or Eliminator to find out what kind of builder they were. Needless to say, he was seriously ready to purchase, and found someone willing to answer his questions.
You're such a snob, Miguel. Glad you like your boat. I really like mine too, and it was less than 10K. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with any of the new boats there. However, there are two used boats in the SPAM section I'd love to have. Neither are DCBs. To each his own.

Ultrafied
02-11-2007, 05:08 PM
You're such a snob, Miguel. Glad you like your boat. I really like mine too, and it was less than 10K. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with any of the new boats there. However, there are two used boats in the SPAM section I'd love to have. Neither are DCBs. To each his own.
I can here the wheels turning ..... "they are so jealous ..." ....:D

little rowe boat
02-11-2007, 05:10 PM
I believe Brent is Brent Leach The son of Eliminator owner/ founder Bob Leach.
I have seen pics of the Next deckboat and I don't like the looks.

hoolign
02-11-2007, 05:12 PM
It appears he couldn't get any information from DCB or Eliminator to find out what kind of builder they were. Needless to say, he was seriously ready to purchase, and found someone willing to answer his questions.
You paid under 10K?? and your posting on HB?? are there no standards here anymore?? :mad:

HMF'er
02-11-2007, 05:12 PM
The DCB guys asked me if I had questions or needed help right away. Unfortunately, I couldn't even afford the beer at the show, let alone a DCB.

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I was looking to buy a MTI or a Skater, but since I could not get any info,
I went and bought a Trident.. Come on, he had no plans on buying either of those companies product. It was a poor way to slam someone and pump up NEXT

hoolign
02-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I was looking to buy a MTI or a Skater, but since I could not get any info,
I went and bought a Trident.. Come on, he had no plans on buying either of those companies product. It was a poor way to slam someone and pump up NEXT
Have you had it out yet?? How do you like the jet compared to the O/B??

INSman
02-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Anyones experience on any given day at the show at any given time at any one manufacturers booth will certainly vary.
A buddy of mine ordered a new DCB and had a great experience, I ran into Rob at the Eliminator booth and had a great conversation. Talked to the "Designer" at the Cobra booth about their new 32' V that is coming out and had no problem getting info from anyone that I sought out.
Hope you enjoy your new boat and congrats to NEXT on the sale

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-11-2007, 05:24 PM
You paid under 10K?? and your posting on HB?? are there no standards here anymore?? :mad:
Obviously not, you're still here :D
I know, I know, this place is going to hell in a handbasket.

HMF'er
02-11-2007, 05:42 PM
It seems that the thread starter has edited his post into non existence. What happened?:confused:

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Im glad most of the boat builders upstairs were way to good to help or even answer a simple Question< DCB or Eliminator > because I might not have ventured downstairs and ran in to Brent from Next custom boats. Who turns out was from eliminator originally .
Nope I have it right here

shockwaveharry
02-11-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't know what Southwest's original post was exactly (you bailed out on this thread way too fast there, SW) but I'm gunna guess that he expected certain high profile builders to ignore him before he even got there. When he arrived on a busy day and started asking questions, he may not have gotten the attention he had hoped for, or maybe was ignored all together! Feeling snubbed and unappreciated as a potential customer with cash burning a hole in his pocket, he found a salesperson who had something he liked and was willing to spend time on him. Boom! Boat sold! Not everyone walks into a boat show knowing EXACTLY what they want and not willing to settle for anything less, regardless of cost. Did DCB loose a sale? Not likely... Eliminator may have though.

hoolign
02-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Obviously not, you're still here :D
I know, I know, this place is going to hell in a handbasket.
:D I paid 10.5 :D

eliminatedsprinter
02-11-2007, 06:11 PM
I found all the company's people were happy to provide me lots info even after I told them I couldn't afford a new boat.

shockwaveharry
02-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I found all the company's people were happy to provide me lots info even after I told them I couldn't afford a new boat.
Did you just get a boob job (.)(.) or sumpithn'? :)

Pussywhippled
02-11-2007, 06:39 PM
It's funny because three or four years ago I was at the Hallett booth (owned a Hallett at the time) and I told the sales guy that my boat looked better than any of his boats on the floor in the show (I was joking).
He got pissed even when I told him it looked better because it was in fact a Hallett. I guess he didn't get my joke (mine was nicer BECAUSE it too was a Hallett) but yet he had plenty of time to school me and tell me how bitchin his personal Hallett was.
I figured who would want to buy a boat from Bartles & James (old coots) anyways...

eliminatedsprinter
02-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Did you just get a boob job (.)(.) or sumpithn'? :)
Nope, that wouldn't look right with all my other parts.;)
Perhaps they were nice to me, because I brought the family and was sober.:D

Pussywhippled
02-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Nope, that wouldn't look right with all my other parts.;)
Perhaps they were nice to me, because I brought the family and was sober.:D
I brought the family and was sober, LOL...
They were just tired of talking to families like mine. Astro van full of 19 from the Raider Nation...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-11-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't know what Southwest's original post was exactly (you bailed out on this thread way too fast there, SW) but I'm gunna guess that he expected certain high profile builders to ignore him before he even got there. When he arrived on a busy day and started asking questions, he may not have gotten the attention he had hoped for, or maybe was ignored all together! Feeling snubbed and unappreciated as a potential customer with cash burning a hole in his pocket, he found a salesperson who had something he liked and was willing to spend time on him. Boom! Boat sold! Not everyone walks into a boat show knowing EXACTLY what they want and not willing to settle for anything less, regardless of cost. Did DCB loose a sale? Not likely... Eliminator may have though.
I would guess the same thing. But one can only guess. If I was serious about buying a boat at the show, I would go mid-week, early in the morning on the weekend, or wait for Pomona.

eliminatedsprinter
02-11-2007, 07:09 PM
I brought the family and was sober, LOL...
They were just tired of talking to families like mine. Astro van full of 19 from the Raider Nation...
There ya go.:) There were only 4-6 of us (family and friends) going around at the time and, even though my wife is Raider Nation, she was traveling unmarked at this event.;)

Phat Daddy
02-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah, not sure what his motive is or was (he edited his post) but I just think from a dealers point of few, customer service is key. You never know if a person has a pocket full of money ready to drop it on the first company to cater to their needs.

mbrown2
02-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I would not even buy a boat at the boat show....prices are the highest from now through Sept for delivery.....go talk to a builder in the fall...different feel, different price.

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah, not sure what his motive is or was (he edited his post) but I just think from a dealers point of few, customer service is key. You never know if a person has a pocket full of money ready to drop it on the first company to cater to their needs.
Agreed.

shockwaveharry
02-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Maybe he'll come back in a few months asking for "help" because his boat's at the bottom of Lake Elsinore under 15 feet of dead fish and blooming alge and he's having a hard time finding it and...
Check his IP address Mod's!!!!!!!!
Just kidding SW... C'mon back! ;)