PDA

View Full Version : The joys of a boat purchase

INEEDAV
02-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Well Snowboat and I made a trip out to get my boat and to meet Fiat48. It was all going pretty good till we left Sparks. 23 hours of driving for net travel of about 750 miles. Hope the rest of the v-drive adventure is a little smoother. :)
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/MVC-002S4.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/MVC-005S1.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/MVC-003S3.JPG

e-ticket
02-02-2003, 08:28 PM
INEEDAV
I picked up mine too from Spokane, Wa. I thought rain was bad! Took me 23 hrs --- 1300 miles. Just me driving.
That is one beautiful boat. Best of luck with it.

INEEDAV
02-02-2003, 08:45 PM
Thanks e-ticket, lots to try to get done before summer. :)

Sangster
02-02-2003, 08:54 PM
Cool ....Get that puppy in & out of the SNOW..Don't forget to post more pics...... :D :D :D

INEEDAV
02-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Should have it out of the snow by mid Monday. We gave up on the drive about 250 miles from Gillette. 30 mph for that long will wear on ya.

Fiat48
02-02-2003, 09:20 PM
So the coveted "Die Hard" award goes to Snowboat and INEADAV (or rather, I got a V, I just got to get it home in one piece!) 5 stars for the both of you.
[ February 03, 2003, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Fiat48 ]

Sangster
02-02-2003, 09:41 PM
YUP... Tell the moderator to change it to IGOTAV..

DansBlown73Nordic
02-03-2003, 03:07 AM
You guys get the "DieHard Award" I hope you got that puppy home safe.
Very nice looking Boat. wink

BILLY.B
02-03-2003, 06:31 AM
No doubt you guy's get the determination award wink I can only imagine how long it will take to clean the road grime off of it :rolleyes: Looks good, and you have a full three months until Neddles to get it all together :D . By the way Jerry Griffin ( v-drive video) has his new video done and it is really cool.Has all the outtings from previous river trips, it's a must have eek! :cool:

Snowboat
02-03-2003, 04:17 PM
Didn't take that long, pulled it into a shop and power washed it. None the worse for the wear. Sure has a lot of rocker. INEEDAV is looking for cheeeeep (but good) parts. Pan, water pump, a front cover, bigger fuel tanks, and various engine parts. Thanks for your time and knowledge, Fiat. Billy B, just emailed your wife. We're looking forward to summer, but INEEDAV should change his name to INEEDMOREPARTS, so he can build his boat in time.

76biesmeyer
02-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Ineedan,I called on that boat also.The owner sent soom pics!!Is it as clean as it looked in the pics with out 2 feet of snow on it!!It really looked good. Good luck with the new boat and be safe.

Hallett
02-03-2003, 08:32 PM
NICE BOAT WHEN THE SNOW MELTS LETS SEE SOME PIC'S
WHAT KIND OF MOTOR IS GOING IN.

INEEDAV
02-03-2003, 08:41 PM
76Beisemeyer
Boat is in pretty good shape, a few paint chips and a little rash on the back :(, but it is in pretty good shape.
Ken- you must of added water pump to that list by accident, remember, you quoted me that one of yours, consider it sold.
Hallett- Going with a BBC. Something mostly stock first, and then building a 468 for it. Finally was convinced that I should put a smaller engine in it and learn to drive a runner bottom setup for racing and then go for more power in a year or so.
Hopefully, I will have an engine together by summer. Should have something. Like Snowboat said I am looking for parts for the engine, so let me know what you guys have for sale or know of for sale. :)

FlatRat
02-05-2003, 07:57 AM
Ineedav,big kahoona's.Nice job.I'm getting ready to drive to Granada Hills Ca.to pick up my Sanger Hydro.So I felt your pain.Winter driving sucks.

smalls
02-05-2003, 08:14 AM
BILLY.B:
No doubt you guy's get the determination award wink I can only imagine how long it will take to clean the road grime off of it :rolleyes: Looks good, and you have a full three months until Neddles to get it all together :D . By the way Jerry Griffin ( v-drive video) has his new video done and it is really cool.Has all the outtings from previous river trips, it's a must have eek! :cool: Billy, How does a NORCAL guy get a hold of Jerry to get a Video?????????????????????????
Thanks,

P-Money
02-05-2003, 08:35 AM
We made the trip from WI to CA to get a Cole Hydro about a month or so ago. Luckily we missed the snow. Actually went a lot faster than we thought; left Monday night, got home Friday afternoon. Gotta do, whatcha gotta do.

beaverfab
02-05-2003, 09:09 AM
Ineedav I sold some v drive parts to a guy in Rapid City South Dakota named Allen at nitro alley if you want his number let me know and I will send it to you. Good luck getting it going j.j. smile_sp

CircleJerk
02-05-2003, 10:13 AM
INEEDAV:
76Beisemeyer
Boat is in pretty good shape, a few paint chips and a little rash on the back :( , but it is in pretty good shape.
Hallett- Going with a BBC. Something mostly stock first,
Hopefully, I will have an engine together by summer. Should have something. Like Snowboat said I am looking for parts for the engine, so let me know what you guys have for sale or know of for sale. :) Got your engines, #1. standard 4 bolt 454 with forged pistons, fresh from Advanced Engines of Spokane, 781 oval ports, 9 to 1 compression, short block or long block, v-drive pan and best of everything: 1800 #2 468 four bolt open chamber square port 990s, run for a short time in my boat complete with mag: 2500! No snow here! or trade for boat! JeRk

Kindsvater Flat
02-05-2003, 12:13 PM
smalls:
BILLY.B:
No doubt you guy's get the determination award wink I can only imagine how long it will take to clean the road grime off of it :rolleyes: Looks good, and you have a full three months until Neddles to get it all together :D . By the way Jerry Griffin ( v-drive video) has his new video done and it is really cool.Has all the outtings from previous river trips, it's a must have eek! :cool: Billy, How does a NORCAL guy get a hold of Jerry to get a Video?????????????????????????
Thanks, Smalls I will be advertising Jerry's videos through my site. I should have everything completed by tonight. I will start a new thread when its complete.

INEEDAV
02-05-2003, 09:13 PM
FlatRat
Good luck on the drive, hope it isn't as white as ours was. It was still well worth it, got a good boat and got to meet one heck of a guy while I was at it.