PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about the Marine Power 525?

beaverretriever
02-12-2007, 04:24 PM
I heard through a friend of mine that there is a company called Marine Power that builds a real nice 525. He says its similar to Mercs, but it is red and somewhere in the neighborhood of 12k.
I'm not familiar with this company or can I find a website. I found somthing called Marine Power but it is out of Europe and they don't look like they offer anything like I'm talking about.
I would like to see some pix and get some info on this thing. Sounds like a great way to go.

redi4fun
02-12-2007, 04:41 PM
This is the website that you are looking for. www.marinepowerusa.com
They do build 2 or 3 high performance engines, but I know nothing of their numbers or reliability.

BADBLOWN572
02-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I have installed a couple hundred different Marine Power motors in various Jet boats. I have yet to install/see one in an IO setup. All of their jet motors were carbuerated and ran great. I never had one problem with any motor we did. Not sure about their EFI packages.
I know that they are very popular for jet boats. Not popular for IO's. I think that the main reason why is because when manufacturers order engines, they already come with the engine, gimbal, drive, and brazil valve. If you keep Merc with Merc, you have no problems with warranty. The minute you start separating, you could possibly have a problem. :(

Jbb
02-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Not sure about the newer models,but the engine pictured below started life as a brand new Marine Power 502.....ran well...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24124&stc=1&d=1171331309

beaverretriever
02-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I was told the new 525 is supposed to be a good alternative to the expensive Merc version.

rrrr
02-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Not sure about the newer models,but the engine pictured below started life as a brand new Marine Power 502.....ran well...
I thought you burned all the photos of your pink and teal screemer........:D :D

soupersonic
02-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I had a Marine Power 300HP small block carbed motor in my last boat.It ran great for many years.I wouldnt hesitate to buy another motor from them.