PDA

View Full Version : Barking Dogs

bigblockbill
01-30-2006, 04:53 PM
So there are 5 dogs between the two houses behind me that bark constantly and get on my nerves. Does anyone have any good ideas of how to get even with them. I am thinking of backing my boat up against the fence and starting it tonight at about 9:45. Then again at 7:02 tomorrow morrning just to make my self feel better. The other idea I have is one of those air horns. I should find a barking activated air horn and set it up on the fence so that any time one of those little b*&%h's barks the horn sounds.
What other things can I do? The hose is frozen other wise I might consider soaking them.

Flying Tiger
01-30-2006, 05:10 PM
In most places in So Cal,, if 2 people complain it's grounds to remove the animal.
Use the system first, before taking action of your own.
Ya can't reason with a dog owner or alcoholic.

JetBoatRich
01-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Fire back with a little noise :argue: I like it :idea: :rolleyes:

ahhell
01-30-2006, 05:13 PM
hot dogs and valium.....j/k......sorta
lasts for a little while

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-30-2006, 05:17 PM
It's called disturbing the peace. They can be cited for it. You can also call them on the telephone every night when the dogs start barking. Let them know that their dogs are barking. . .(in your most genuine voice) "In case you weren't aware, your dogs are barking and we are having a difficult time sleeping. Could you please find a way to make them stop?"

Schubyd
01-30-2006, 05:41 PM
The Sharper Image store makes a device that puts out an ultrasonic sound that is anoying to dogs and stops the barking. A friend got me one for my neighbors early morning barker.

CAPTAIN KEN
01-30-2006, 05:59 PM
The Sharper Image store makes a device that puts out an ultrasonic sound that is anoying to dogs and stops the barking. A friend got me one for my neighbors early morning barker.
I looked it up for ya. :)
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview/sku__LT162YYY

cxr133
01-30-2006, 06:04 PM
So there are 5 dogs between the two houses behind me that bark constantly and get on my nerves. Does anyone have any good ideas of how to get even with them. I am thinking of backing my boat up against the fence and starting it tonight at about 9:45. Then again at 7:02 tomorrow morrning just to make my self feel better. .
I DOUBLE DOGG DARE YOU :rolleyes:

Mandelon
01-30-2006, 06:05 PM
A .38 might work alright.

YeLLowBoaT
01-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Check your local codes( county/city) they may be in violation of them, for having too many/bark to much. I would not use the ultra sonic thing ... that would be grounds for a lawsuit.

BadKachina
01-30-2006, 06:30 PM
If that Shaper Image thing really works I'd really like to try one.
The guy behind me is never home and he has some ugly little Pekinese or Shit-zu looking bug eyed barking bastard that barks all night long. I was thinking about filling a squirt bottle with vinegar or tabasco sauce and spraying him down when starts barking. I even considered throwing my dog over the wall so she can go eat it...........

Ziggy
01-30-2006, 06:37 PM
LOL...one of my employees had the barking dog and his neighbor put one of those things up...the dog would bark and this devise would beep.......the dog would keep barking at the devise instead of stopping...like the dog was having a bark off contest with the ultrasonic bird on the fence. :p :p
In other words it didn't work, it made it worse. :D

Jbb
01-30-2006, 06:40 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8b/M60andsoldierwithammoinnam.jpg/250px-M60andsoldierwithammoinnam.jpg

SoCal_fun
01-30-2006, 06:50 PM
I had this problem when I had my condo in Redondo Beach. I work nights and this one dog who was left home alone all day while his owner was at work would freaking bark non stop. The dickhead owner would leave his window open as well, I guess so the dog would have air.
I left him a couple of notes on his door to at least get him to close the damm window, no luck!
I finally went to the city and they have an arbitrator who told the owner they would start fining him for each reported violation. I loved it, that did the job. I don't know what he did, but I never heard the dog again.
Give your local city office a call..

Kim Hanson
01-30-2006, 06:57 PM
So there are 5 dogs between the two houses behind me that bark constantly and get on my nerves. Does anyone have any good ideas of how to get even with them. I am thinking of backing my boat up against the fence and starting it tonight at about 9:45. Then again at 7:02 tomorrow morrning just to make my self feel better. The other idea I have is one of those air horns. I should find a barking activated air horn and set it up on the fence so that any time one of those little b*&%h's barks the horn sounds.
What other things can I do? The hose is frozen other wise I might consider soaking them.
Throw over lots of exlax bars and if that don't stop them, go get fire crackers, every time they bark throw one over..........( . )( . )........ :cool:

coolchange
01-30-2006, 07:52 PM
I heard a story :rollside: of a guy that woould turn on the porch light, pump up a pellet gun , then pop him one in the ass. Then ater a while just turn on the light and pump and he would quit. then eventually the dog would bark and just turning on the light would stop him.

HYPNAUTIC
01-30-2006, 11:30 PM
I like to through Tootsie Rolls at my neighbors dogs, they seem to take a while to chew plus enough of them makes the f*cker throw up. Some nights when it just goes on and on i get a cup of ice and water and just nail that POS he then spends most of the night licking himself dry

RiverRatMike
01-31-2006, 12:30 AM
It redickulous that people let there dogs bark and don't do anything about it. Espically at night. It pisses me off. I have a dog and don't let her bark much. But if there are any barking dogs around my home at night I call the cops.

NashvilleBound
01-31-2006, 04:52 AM
Get your neighbors phone number(the dork with the barking dogs)..... block your phone number while calling him late at night when the dogs are barking... then when he picks the phone up bark into the phone. Keep it up....he'll get the drift. :)

Wet Dream
01-31-2006, 05:23 AM
Antifreeze

Hallett
01-31-2006, 05:31 AM
Get your neighbors phone number(the dork with the barking dogs)..... block your phone number while calling him late at night when the dogs are barking... then when he picks the phone up bark into the phone. Keep it up....he'll get the drift. :)Ilike this one the best let us know what you did .

GOFSTSUMDAY
01-31-2006, 07:11 AM
DAISY RED RIDER! WORKED WONDERS ON MY OLD NEIGHBORS TWO DOGS. GOT TO THE POINT, ALL I HAD TO DO WAS OPEN THE WINDOW AND THEY WOULD SHUT UP AND RUN TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE. :)

Mandelon
01-31-2006, 07:16 AM
I heard a story :rollside: of a guy that woould turn on the porch light, pump up a pellet gun , then pop him one in the ass. Then ater a while just turn on the light and pump and he would quit. then eventually the dog would bark and just turning on the light would stop him.
I like it.
Does the name Pavlov ring a bell? :p

bigblockbill
01-31-2006, 07:25 AM
Thanks, Lots of great ideas here. I am liking the ultrasonic idea, but I can see it back firing. Our local city codes say you actually have to go to court before the city will do anything about the noise, we might do that, and have threatend doing that before, but I don't really feel like following through with it. The good thing is the dogs are inside or don''t bark at night so it is not like they are waking us up. The other thing is they typically don't bark when the neighbors are home, so the phone call thing does not really work, even though we have left messages on the answering machine.
We need a slow death method, maybe like a hunk of chocolate over the fence every day.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-31-2006, 07:26 AM
I used to throw jalapeno tortillas over the fence. Worked every time. :rollside:

maxwedge
01-31-2006, 09:01 AM
All I have to say is, Holy shit! What a pack of asshole some of you guys are!!! Honestly if a dog barking in the backgound bothers you so much that you want to poison it and shoot at it, maybe you have some mental issues you need to seek help for. There are a lot of other people and animals living in this world who do shit that makes noise. Just part of living in the city. Learn to live with it, or find a decent way to deal with it. Otherwise maybe you need to live in a little soundproofed room. Jesus, what if they had a baby that was crying? Or kids running aound the yard yelling. How about an airplane flying overhead? Those things sometimes even louder than dogs. Would you shoot at them and try to poison them too.? How about I just shoot at you with my BB gun every time you drive past me at the lake house with open exhaust or a loud stereo on your boat! Maybe invite you over for dinner and feed you a shitload of laxatives! That ought to teach you right? All I'm saying is there are a hell of a lot of better ways to train a dog not to bark that might not make your neighbor want to kill you too or get you arrested. Google it, or go buy yourselves a book on dog training or get one for your neighbor. If the dog only barks when your neighbor isn't home, he probably doesn't even realize it or thinks he solved the problem. I'm sure if you explain to him that you were considering shooting at the dog and trying to poison it, maybe he would take the matter more seriously, or at least realize he has complete assholes for neighbors and move somewhere else. :mad: :mad:

SB
01-31-2006, 09:25 AM
All I have to say is, Holy shit! What a pack of asshole some of you guys are!!! Honestly if a dog barking in the backgound bothers you so much that you want to poison it and shoot at it, maybe you have some mental issues you need to seek help for. There are a lot of other people and animals living in this world who do shit that makes noise. Just part of living in the city. Learn to live with it, or find a decent way to deal with it. Otherwise maybe you need to live in a little soundproofed room. Jesus, what if they had a baby that was crying? Or kids running aound the yard yelling. How about an airplane flying overhead? Those things sometimes even louder than dogs. Would you shoot at them and try to poison them too.? How about I just shoot at you with my BB gun every time you drive past me at the lake house with open exhaust or a loud stereo on your boat! Maybe invite you over for dinner and feed you a shitload of laxatives! That ought to teach you right? All I'm saying is there are a hell of a lot of better ways to train a dog not to bark that might not make your neighbor want to kill you too or get you arrested. Google it, or go buy yourselves a book on dog training or get one for your neighbor. If the dog only barks when your neighbor isn't home, he probably doesn't even realize it or thinks he solved the problem. I'm sure if you explain to him that you were considering shooting at the dog and trying to poison it, maybe he would take the matter more seriously, or at least realize he has complete assholes for neighbors and move somewhere else. :mad: :mad:
A lot of owners need a mental health exam when they are cited. They are positive that their dog doesn't bark and doesn't bite.

Tom Brown
01-31-2006, 09:29 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8b/M60andsoldierwithammoinnam.jpg/250px-M60andsoldierwithammoinnam.jpg
All of a sudden... STV_Keith doesn't look so tough. :D

imbndvs
01-31-2006, 09:30 AM
THANK YOU!!! Well said!
At least someone here has a brain!

Tom Brown
01-31-2006, 09:33 AM
Holy shit! What a pack of asshole some of you guys are!!!
That's what I love about this place. :D
I think some of the more extreme suggestions are in jest.
Of course, he could always just move his family and belongings somewhere else... it might only cost him 20 or 50K, cause his family to have to adjust to a new place, and be massively inconvenient... but he'll know that he's a nice guy and didn't disturb his dog owning neighbor in any way.
BTW, I'm not onside with harming the dogs but nobody should have to put up with their neighbor's pets keeping them up all the time. A little barking is one thing but constant barking is something quite different.

Jbb
01-31-2006, 09:36 AM
That's what I love about this place. :D
I think some of the more extreme suggestions are in jest.
Of course, he could always just move his family and belongings somewhere else... it might only cost him 20 or 50K, cause his family to have to adjust to a new place, and be massively inconvenient... but he'll know that he's a nice guy and didn't disturb his dog owning neighbor in any way.
BTW, I'm not onside with harming the dogs but nobody should have to put up with their neighbor's pets keeping them up all the time. A little barking is one thing but constant barking is something quite different.
lol......pack of asshole....all your base are belong to us... :p

mike37
01-31-2006, 09:45 AM
just remember no one likes your dog as much as you do
and all the noises you mentioned are short time
the dog that barks constantly need to be dealt with
the owners don't care because the dogs don't bark while they are home
If you think its OK for your dog to bark for hours while you are gone the you have a major mental problem

bigblockbill
01-31-2006, 09:53 AM
All I have to say is, Holy shit! What a pack of asshole some of you guys are!!!
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pipe in and defend the dogs. I my self am a dog lover and before the neighbor a few years ago moved in would never even consider harming a dog. The root cause of the barking dogs is really not the dogs fault, according to Cezar Milan the dog expert. However we have made mulitiple attempts to get the owners to do something about their dogs with no or very limited sucess. Maybe we should poison the owners and give the dogs a better home, but I don't really see that as an option either.
You say I should move, but the neighborhood was just fine until they moved in, why should I have to move? Yes airplanes are noisy when they fly by every few hours but it last a very short time, these dogs can go on barking non-stop for hours at a time. Sure the neighborhood kids can make some noise, but again its not the same, we were all kids once. My family has had dogs all my life growing up, and they were loved and played with, not ignored.
I have not intentions to kill the dogs, but it does help relive the frustrations to joke about it. :rollside:

28Prowler525
01-31-2006, 09:59 AM
Did it work?

Waist Deep
01-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Uh, I've got a dog and when it starts to bark at nothing, I tell it to shut up! Our neighbor on the other hand has 4 dogs,2 cats and a bird and doesnt give a shit if his dogs bark all day or not. He'll just close his house door. Got a letter going to Animal Control today in fact. Dont buy the ultrasonic crap, I bought it and they did nothing but kept barking. I've tried hot dogs with ritalin, but they still bark. Call the authority.

Gee Gee
01-31-2006, 10:22 AM
We turned in our neighbor dogs into Animal Control about a year ago. Best thing we could have done, I only wished I had done it years sooner. The neighborhood is sooo much quieter. :)

Mandelon
01-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Call in the dog Expert. :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/672FrenchieRainbow2-med.jpg

Wet Dream
01-31-2006, 10:36 AM
It's fairly obvious Maxwedge doesn't have a clue what he's talking about when it comes to a barking dog. It sounds like we're talking about a dog that continually barks, and barks and barks. A nuissance, not the occasional passing boat, plane, bike...whatever. I have 2 dogs. One is an angel, but barks when she hears the door. The other is the dumbest piece of sh!t you've ever seen, but I still give him the same things the female has. They are both inside gogs. Personally, I hate barking dogs, but I would never poison a dog. Try to see some of the humor in some of the posts. I love the pump trick. I never had my dogs around any of my guns, but one day the idiot dog kept coming to the table as we were eating. I got the air pistol out of the closet, pumped it twice and he took off. How he knew? I don't know. Anyhow, I digress. I hate barking dogs. I would hate for my dogs to do it to the neighbors, and I hate it when my neighbors dogs do it. Right behind me, I have a German Sheppard. The dog has a monsterous bark. Woke me up at 9 am on Saturday. I had to let it go, because I never hear the dog otherwise. If I had to hear that crap day after day, you bet I'm making a call.

maxwedge
01-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Yes obviously I have no clue. This is a picture of my backyard:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2890barking_dogs.JPG
Notice all the fences? Every single house in this picture has at least one dog. The house next to me and the one behind the garage that you can't see have dogs too. Some of these have two or three dogs. Most of them have kids. Most of the time they are making noise, especially the dog right behind me. I'm suprised he's not barking right now. I work nights so most of the time this noise is when I'm sleeping. What can I say, I learn to tune it out. I like this neighborhood, get along well with most of my neighbors. My dog stays inside and she doesn't bark all day either, and I wouldn't allow her do that if she wanted to. I can definitly see how that would be annoying as hell to some people, On the other hand (and maybe this means I'm mentally unstable, but so be it) if I saw one of my neighbors in my backyard feeding my dog a bowl of antifreeze, i would not hesitate to shoot them. With a dear rifle, not a bb gun. In fact I don't think I would be able to stop pulling the trigger until the gun was empty. Sorry but that's just how I feel about my dog. Well worth going to prison for.

Totally IncapASSitated
01-31-2006, 11:25 AM
It's fairly obvious Maxwedge doesn't have a clue what he's talking about when it comes to a barking dog. It sounds like we're talking about a dog that continually barks, and barks and barks. A nuissance, not the occasional passing boat, plane, bike...whatever. I have 2 dogs. One is an angel, but barks when she hears the door. The other is the dumbest piece of sh!t you've ever seen, but I still give him the same things the female has. They are both inside gogs. Personally, I hate barking dogs, but I would never poison a dog. Try to see some of the humor in some of the posts. I love the pump trick. I never had my dogs around any of my guns, but one day the idiot dog kept coming to the table as we were eating. I got the air pistol out of the closet, pumped it twice and he took off. How he knew? I don't know. Anyhow, I digress. I hate barking dogs. I would hate for my dogs to do it to the neighbors, and I hate it when my neighbors dogs do it. Right behind me, I have a German Sheppard. The dog has a monsterous bark. Woke me up at 9 am on Saturday. I had to let it go, because I never hear the dog otherwise. If I had to hear that crap day after day, you bet I'm making a call.
I couldn't have said it better... :rollside:
I am also a dog lover (and even work for a pet food company), but I feel BigBlock's pain!!! These people that throw their dog out in the backyard to bark for hours on end are the inconsiderate assholes. Getting woken up EVERY morning by the annoying sound of a little SHITzu barking for hours and hours is enough to drive anyone insane!!!!
I will be taking the appropriate action: 1) alert the owner to the problem, calmly and rationally (using as few "f-bombs" as possible... :crossx: ) letting them know how the city/county will enforce the problem if I intend to pursue it, and 2) see if anything changes and proceed from there

Jbb
01-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Yes obviously I have no clue. This is a picture of my backyard:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2890barking_dogs.JPG
Notice all the fences? Every single house in this picture has at least one dog. The house next to me and the one behind the garage that you can't see have dogs too. Some of these have two or three dogs. Most of them have kids. Most of the time they are making noise, especially the dog right behind me. I'm suprised he's not barking right now. I work nights so most of the time this noise is when I'm sleeping. What can I say, I learn to tune it out. I like this neighborhood, get along well with most of my neighbors. My dog stays inside and she doesn't bark all day either, and I wouldn't allow her do that if she wanted to. I can definitly see how that would be annoying as hell to some people, On the other hand (and maybe this means I'm mentally unstable, but so be it) if I saw one of my neighbors in my backyard feeding my dog a bowl of antifreeze, i would not hesitate to shoot them. With a dear rifle, not a bb gun. In fact I don't think I would be able to stop pulling the trigger until the gun was empty. Sorry but that's just how I feel about my dog. Well worth going to prison for.
dear rifle...is that like dear Abbey.... :p
You dont ,by chance ,work for the Post Office ...do you?...... :p

maxwedge
01-31-2006, 11:33 AM
dear rifle...is that like dear Abbey.... :p
You dont ,by chance ,work for the Post Office ...do you?...... :p
Yes my rifle is very dear to me, umm.. yeah that's what I ment. LOL No I don't work for the post office, and it should be pretty obvious from my shitty spelling that I'm not a technical editor either, but dammitt if I'm not disgruntled anyway. :crossx:

Tom Brown
01-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Yes my rifle is very dear to me, umm.. yeah that's what I ment. LOL No I don't work for the post office, and it should be pretty obvious from my shitty spelling that I'm not a technical editor either, but dammitt if I'm not disgruntled anyway. :crossx:
Don't let your career choices and spelling problems get between you and a three day shooting spree.
Dare to dream. :)

Jbb
01-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Don't let your career choices and spelling problems get between you and a three day shooting spree.
Serenity now...!...Biatches.... :p
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/avatars/subgun360.gif

Tom Brown
01-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Serenity now...!...Biatches.... :p
LMFAO!! :D :D :D
With a weapon like that, you could ride RiverDave's dirt bike as fast as you want... and as drunk as you want... through the keys..... :D
Oh boy... !!! :D :D :D I'm still LMAO! :D

maxwedge
01-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the inspiration Tom. I'll be sure to start at JBB's house for ya :D

Jbb
01-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the inspiration Tom. I'll be sure to start at JBB's house for ya :D
You would be in a long line there.......

mike37
01-31-2006, 11:56 AM
LMAO now that right there is some funny shit :D

78Eliminator
01-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Did anyone suggest that he go talk to his neighbor? It's not the dogs fault that his owner is an ass hole. Go talk to the neighbor and be a man. This non confrontational bullshit is for cowards.

bigblockbill
01-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Did anyone suggest that he go talk to his neighbor? It's not the dogs fault that his owner is an ass hole. Go talk to the neighbor and be a man. This non confrontational bullshit is for cowards.
I think some of my responses stated that was the first thing I did. A few years the wife and I approached the neighbors, very nicely (no f bombs) and got absolutely no where. Ol grandma answered the door and totaly blew us off. I don't even think she told her son or daugter in law we stopped by. When we stuck the city ordance in the mail box treating a court date (and left our phone number) we quickly got a call from the son, and some improvement was noticed, especially when they are home (which of course is not when they are bad). We have talked a few other times about it as well. I don't want to have to go to court to get the city to do something about it (stupid city), and how many times do you have to ask the owner to shut the dogs up, especially knowing grandma is usually home and ignores or does not hear them.

Tom Brown
01-31-2006, 01:49 PM
I desperately hate to be serious but how about this.....
What if you were to record the noise while they are away and send them tape/CD/whatever to them and let them listen to what goes on while they are away?
If they tell you to pound sand, you could use the tape in court. I think most people would not question an audio recording, though.

78Eliminator
01-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Bill, call your local Animal Control. Take action before you get so pissed you do something bad to an animal that has done nothing wrong but end up in a bad home. Call them and let us know what they say. I know how frustrating this can be. Barking dogs are the worst. But even worse than that is the fact that they are barking because they are neglected most likely. Rarely do you see a dog barking like crazy when they are getting what they need.

Tom Brown
01-31-2006, 01:56 PM
...Rarely do you see a dog barking like crazy when they are getting what they need.
Unless what they need is a constant supply of fresh calf, quadricep, testicle, and human bone.
I feel a strong need to keep this graphic alive in this thread.

Gee Gee
01-31-2006, 01:59 PM
We did the same thing. Talked to them on a number of occations. We waited concerned about retrobution until after several morning at 2 am with the dogs barking outside our bedroom. I thought it would be better than strangling the dogs . The next day I made a few calls to Animal Control. They stopped by and the problem has been solved. Take them to court, you won't regret it.

Jbb
01-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Bang!.... :p

bchbum
01-31-2006, 07:58 PM
use ice cubes with a sling shot , no evidence. :crossx: :crossx:

Wmc
01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Well we have 2 neighbors on each side of us with barking dogs. Very annoying, I just yell shut the Fock up and they listen. It works eveytime. Well and let the dogs free and hope they never come back.
Our Humane Society comes out, gives you a citation and hopefully the owners come to their senses. I'm not sure what happens after that. I have a dog and he is an inside/outside dog. We would never allow him just to sit there and bark, like some of our neighbors. They must be deaf to it. I llike some of the suggestions from everyone.
The sensitive animal lovers need to chill out or if you have such a great idea, please come over and work your magic in my neighborhood.

bigblockbill
02-01-2006, 07:12 AM
I have gotten many a good laugh reading all the responses... Ice cubes and a sling shot, nice! The machine gun bit is comical as well.
Thanks

Wally_Gator
02-01-2006, 07:26 AM
I have 2 dogs on one side of my house that are left alone outside all day and sometimes alot at night. My neighbor is never around to call and her dogs keep my baby up at night. So I got one of those devices...
Bark free (http://www.positive-works.com/barkfree/)
This one has both ultrasonic and an audable tone.
You can select either. Last night I discovered the batteries were dead in the unit when the dogs were at it again and my daughter was crying.
The wife went to quiet and console my daughter and I put new batteries in.
Those dogs tucked tails and ran when I turned it back on..
Note... DO NOT TURN THE AUDABLE ON IN THE HOUSE and trigger it...
Holy SH**T!.. Dizzying and disorienting to say the least. But I will attest that it works...

78Eliminator
02-01-2006, 07:58 AM
There you go! $37.94 and you will be sleeping like a log!

bigblockbill
02-01-2006, 09:23 AM
I was actually thinking about trying to build my own device like that a couple weeks ago, so I am glad to see there is an off the shelf unit already made. The ultrasonic part was easy but I was not sure how I was going to go about making it barking activated.
Thanks Wally

460 jus getn it
02-01-2006, 09:25 AM
my dog used to bark. but bark collers work wonders...................

Waist Deep
02-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Our neighbors put the collars on and they worked. Then the batteries ran out and they evidentaly cant affod new ones. Bark Free sucked 4 me!

STROKER ACE
02-01-2006, 11:23 AM
http://www.airforceairguns.com/images_new/condor_angle_top.gif

GOFSTSUMDAY
02-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Now that's a pellet gun! :cool:

Tom Brown
02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
I was actually thinking about trying to build my own device like that a couple weeks ago.................. The ultrasonic part was easy but I was not sure how I was going to go about making it barking activated.
... so you've figured out how to spray turpentine on your cat's ass?

DansBlown73Nordic
02-01-2006, 12:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing. If that fails get the antifreeze....... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
02-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Antifreeze
Yep!!!
This works the best......and has a LONG lasting effect!!!!
Later,
CJG
:p

DansBlown73Nordic
02-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Of course you could take them on a nice field trip. Throw a couple "Scooby Snacks" in the back of your pick-up. Take them for a nice ride in the country. Then just break the news to them......Its the end of the line....GET OUT!!!!! :) :)

Ziggy
02-01-2006, 01:00 PM
bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark. bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,barkbark,bark,bark,bark,b ark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,b ark,bark
bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark. bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,barkbark,bark,bark,bark,b ark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,bark,b ark,bark
Yeah, it gets annoying alright.......Harming the dogs is not the answer. Zhere are vays ob makin dem shtop......legally and harmlessly. Each situation lends its own solution, just a matter of finding which it is.
I have two dogs, I know they can be schooled not to over react...My pup used to bark at rustling leaves.........now she don't. Dogs are smart, they will learn good bark vs bad bark if you show them.

STROKER ACE
02-01-2006, 01:12 PM
If you ask the owner or call the cops and still nothing happens,THEN you do something the next thing you know you have probs. with your neighbor.

DansBlown73Nordic
02-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Thats when you break out the ""Scooby Snacks"" :crossx:

Wally_Gator
02-01-2006, 01:24 PM
I installed the super Bark Free after trying to call my neighbor on many occasions. After not being able to get ahold of her, I bought the unit and installed it. When she saw it pointed at her yard she came over and asked me about it. She was a little terse with me about it, her being a paralegal and all.
I then explained to her that on many occasions I tried to call her when it was happening, she was not there and she does not have an answering machine.
I also explained that I could have called the SPCA and registered complaints and by the sheer amount of time she is not home she would have a chance of loosing her dogs. She left asking for the link to buy one so she may be able to make sure she is a good neighbor on the other side..

DansBlown73Nordic
02-01-2006, 02:13 PM
I had a neighbor once with a cat that was always getting in my garage. I told the guy many times the cat was going to get run over. WELL.....It was a cold winter day. The cat must have liked the nice warm motor. :crossx: I started my pick-up. I heard the cat scream....Then a big noise like if you threw a head of lettuce at a airplane prop. :2purples: Need I say more??? the cat must have been sitting in the fan shroud. It looked kinda like a kitty that went through the blender.... :yuk:
I swept him up with a dust pan and broom.... :crossx:

Dimarco Kid
02-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Dan you sick man you.....funny thing is, my dad had the EXCACT same thing happen to him, BUT it was in his 67' vette with a whole litter of kittens. 6 to be exact, whata mess. All over that car. But, I hate cats so....boohoo.
One time tho, I complained about the people upstairs of my girl's apt. for having a dog that barked for about a half hour in the middle of the night. Turns out, they didn't even have a dog!!!!! LOL Freaks, wonder which one made the sounds!!! LOL Yes, that's what happens in Maine!

ThongMagnet
02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
What a great Idea to keep the dogs from barking....Throw your neighbors Cat in your other neighbors backyard. Then tell the neighbor with the cat, their other neighbor's dogs ate his cat, and they need to sue the neighbor with the barking dogs.
The owner of the cat will keep his cat inside his home, and the neighbor with the barking dog will need to move, since they are being sued.
:idea:

bigblockbill
02-02-2006, 07:24 AM
We do have lots of cats running around, mostly strays however. In fact the other night two of them were making woppie right under the bedroom window. Woke me up with my heart pounding, as I thought it was a small kid getting molested or something. Fricken cats, but thats a hole other thread. I am getting ready to call animal control on them also because there is a pile of dirt moved to cover the pile of poo and its getting about 8" deep now right infront of the gate.

sorry dog
02-14-2006, 07:33 PM
This thread is yet another reminder that I probably shouldn't live in SoCal...because I like my dogs more than people.

dragboat
02-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Its 9:47 and the neighbors dog has been barking non stop for the last 45 minutes. I have had dogs since I can remember and I did NOT let them carry on like that. She's (my dog "Cadillac") been gone for a few years.

HP350SC
02-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Everybody LOVES their own dog.
Problem is, WE DON'T!
Kinda like the people with the vicious looking dog that say," it's OK, he's friendly". Hey whoa yeah fuk, maybe to you, you're the goddam OWNER!

RAZORSHARP
02-14-2006, 09:59 PM
antifreeze smoothie!

Cas
02-14-2006, 10:30 PM
send your neighbor one of these
w w w.thef uckyoucard.com, just take the spaces out

locogringo
02-15-2006, 12:15 AM
and
This thread is yet another reminder that I probably shouldn't live in SoCal...because I like my dogs more than people.
Where do these people come from???
Next thing is that animals should have more rights than people...
lol

Tom Brown
02-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Where do these people come from???
I don't know. In that guy's case, I think maybe Canada? :confused:

THOR
02-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks, Lots of great ideas here. I am liking the ultrasonic idea, but I can see it back firing. Our local city codes say you actually have to go to court before the city will do anything about the noise, we might do that, and have threatend doing that before, but I don't really feel like following through with it. The good thing is the dogs are inside or don''t bark at night so it is not like they are waking us up. The other thing is they typically don't bark when the neighbors are home, so the phone call thing does not really work, even though we have left messages on the answering machine.
We need a slow death method, maybe like a hunk of chocolate over the fence every day.
You need to follow through with the court thing. We did and it worked. Get tape or video or both of the dogs barking and records of you contacting the authorities. You will do just fin when it shows that the pieces of s hit wont do anything about it.

bigblockbill
02-15-2006, 07:35 AM
I just got one of those electronic Super Bark Free things in the mail yesterday. I will give it a week or so and see if it helps. The dogs sure don't like it very much. After a week if the barking continues I will turn it on so that humans can hear it too and see how that does... piss off the owners I hope. Problem is the yard is too large and the dogs bark just not as close to my fence as they used to.
If this fails we will be calling the city.
P.S. We did call the neighbors the other night with no real changes once again.

wsuwrhr
02-15-2006, 08:23 AM
It redickulous that people let there dogs bark and don't do anything about it. Espically at night. It pisses me off. I have a dog and don't let her bark much.
Yea what he said.
Brian

maxwedge
02-15-2006, 12:36 PM
For those of you who think shooting at dogs with bb guns is funny, here's a nice local story...
http://www.hscipets.org/tragictail01.htm

Tom Brown
02-15-2006, 01:59 PM
For those of you who think shooting at dogs with bb guns is funny, here's a nice local story...
http://www.hscipets.org/tragictail01.htm
What kind of piece of shit would do that to a puppy? :mad:
Cool the dog is having an OK life........ but damn! :mad:

sorry dog
02-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Next thing is that animals should have more rights than people...
lol
Depending on the people...they should have more rights.
Apparently my dog would make a better juror...I'm sure she would know that MJ is pedofile freak and OJ did it.

73kona455
02-15-2006, 09:50 PM
What kind of piece of shit would do that to a puppy? :mad:
Cool the dog is having an OK life........ but damn! :mad:
i had the exact same thought.. the perps should be shot in the spine and see how they like being paralyzed

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-15-2006, 10:15 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! You guys have me rollin' over here:D I have been reading these responses and my cheeks are sore from laughing my a$$ off! There are alot of funny ass answers in this thread. I just dont understand how a few get disturbed when someone jokes about harming the dog. I know that these peeps are joking and so should you. Its a good laugh;)
Bill, fire that boat up when the dogs are barking and give the BB a few revs. Then fire it up again at 4am! I guarentee that they will figure out why you did it. I had a neighbor that was playing his system for long periods at a time in front of my house. I didnt say anything to him(trying to be nice). I figured that he would turn it down sooner or later. Wrong! he didnt so i went out front and turned on my 8 10's and let him have it with all the doors open! He got the hint real fast. I smiled at him as I went back in the house. Later that night they had a huge party and the music was loud for about 3 hours on a monday night. I went outside and fired up the BB with dry headers. I sat in my boat and looked at them(while I was smiling);) They knew I was serious then. Guess what, they respect me and the others around here now;) We have an agreement.
Moral of my story, sometimes you have to be an "A$$HOLE" back!!!!

HM
02-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Call 1-800-FRENCHIE - The dogs will thank you.

HM
02-15-2006, 11:13 PM
I just got one of those electronic Super Bark Free things in the mail yesterday. I will give it a week or so and see if it helps. The dogs sure don't like it very much. After a week if the barking continues I will turn it on so that humans can hear it too and see how that does... piss off the owners I hope. Problem is the yard is too large and the dogs bark just not as close to my fence as they used to.
It is hit or miss on whether it works on the dogs, but the audible sounding is always a hit that it annoys the fock out of everyone. I used one on my neighbor with 5 dogs, that all barked. I put the thing up on the fence and pointed it into his yard in the silent mode. Worked so well that the nieghbor knew something was up and saw the device on the fence. He got pissed at me for teaching his dogs not to bark as he considered them part of his "security." Then, I tried it on my other neighbor whose mastiff barked all the time. He was a big stupid dog and he actually barked more and barked directly at the device.
So, I figured, if the dogs were smart, the device worked well. If the dogs were stupid, then put the thing in audible mode and go away for a few days.

bigblockbill
02-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Well lastnight the device seemed to work pretty well. I only heard one bark fest lasting less than a 60 seconds. And the dogs were clear across their yard (not right up against my fence) so I could barely hear them. Lets all pray the trend continues.

bigblockbill
02-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Update***
The Super Bark Free seems to be working. The dogs will still bark but then when the thing goes off they stop and run over to thier house like someone is calling them or something. It has certainly seemed to slow them down a bunch. I guess I can live with them barking a few times every once and a while.

meaniam
02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
i relize that people on hear are joking...but for those who dont know the antifreeze do kill the dog and that takes care of the problem. but the dog dies slowly 4 to 7 days. destroying thier inside telll the dog eventually starves to death. throwing up whatever you try to feed it. it is very expensive with vet bills, very painful for the dog and kids that maybe watching it die. just throw the dog in the front yard and call the pound or take it for a ride a few cities away.
i just had to say my .02 just incase anybody thought i wonder if it works

LhcBrad
02-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Dont do the Antifreeze trick to a dog. But!!! It does work with mice and rats its a sweet taste for them, my neighbor had a place in his back yard for his Rats yeah his rats. I just put a pan of antifreeze out there at night time in my fenced yard and took it in during the day so no birds would drink from it and now all his rats are all gone.It took about a week of this the only downfall is seeing a few dead rats around.

baxt3r
02-26-2006, 11:31 AM
One of my old neighbors, and my current one, have/had barking dogs. The previous neighbor's dogs would bark all night. I went over to their house and beat on the door until they woke up and told them I would have animal control out there in 20 minutes if they didn't stop immediately. He put them inside. The funny thing is that they stunk like hell. All was quiet until he moved.
The current neighbor has 5 pit bulls in his yard and they look malnourished. I've called animal control on him probably 5 times. He's fed them a little more lately, but the stench of waste is horrible when the wind blows towards me from their yard. Luckily, the owner of the house is selling it and they're history soon. Maybe I'll get some civilized neighbors for a change.
I do like going on my deck and yelling "Shut the F up!" when they used to bark a lot. You would see the lights in the house come on and the blinds split from them looking out. Too funny.