PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Johnson to coach the Chargers

Sleek316
02-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Jimmy is a good friend of the Dean Spanos. Team is ready for the Super Bowl.
How perfect is that.
Marty needed to go

Hotcobra270
02-13-2007, 09:17 AM
how reliable is that? have the chargers contacted jimmy?

XFactor
02-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Jimmy is a good friend of the Dean Spanos. Team is ready for the Super Bowl.
How perfect is that.
Marty needed to go
You're right, Marty needed to go. Who needs a 14-2 coach. :squiggle: There's got to be a perfect coach out there somewhere. :jawdrop:

cyclone
02-13-2007, 09:37 AM
how do y ou fire a guy that coached a team to a 14-2 record?
if that's the case then why keep Manning around after he choked so many times in the playoffs? oh that's right because eventually he did win the big game......
Marty would have gotten the job done probably as soon as next year. pretty lame they fired him.

Tremor Therapy
02-13-2007, 09:37 AM
They stated last year that Dean contacted Jimmy, and he said no way he was leaving the east coast. I am actually surprised at how high everyone is on AJ, last time I checked, none of his teams won the Superbowl either.
Marty came in when this team was sh*t, yes sh*t as I have been a Charger fan for 30+ years! Yes AJ got him some players, but a good coaching foundation was layed by Marty and his staff, just like everywhere else he has been. I find the entire management of the Chargers to be fools....they felt the coaching staff would stay intact when they did not offer the head coach more than a 1 year deal with a piss-poor buyout? Please! That may pass in some myopic circles, but not mine. The Spano's have not had a good run with this team, and when they finally get a solid foundation with good coaching, they let AJ's ego get in the way. Too bad. If they don't win 12 games next year and go to the Superbowl, I want AJ gone as well.

Ziggy
02-13-2007, 09:42 AM
I've not disliked Marty that much but I've also never been a fan of his either. IMO, they should have done this a month ago if they really intended to axe him, but I think the exidus of coordinators and coaches told them otherwise.
Whoever they get sure has a great team to inherit......

Focker
02-13-2007, 10:22 AM
dreamers
silly little dreamers