View Full Version : place diverter plumbing question

twowheeledfish
02-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Is it summer yet? Anyway, I actually have an american turbine hydraulic trim that arrived yesterday. The kit included two lame plastic threaded thru-hulls that I'm supposed to use for the hydraulic lines. It seems like the kit was designed for an aluminum boat (I've actually installed one on a Boicejet). Does anyone know of a better thru-hull for the hydraulic lines on a glass boat?

OverKill
02-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Is it summer yet? Anyway, I actually have an american turbine hydraulic trim that arrived yesterday. The kit included two lame plastic threaded thru-hulls that I'm supposed to use for the hydraulic lines. It seems like the kit was designed for an aluminum boat (I've actually installed one on a Boicejet). Does anyone know of a better thru-hull for the hydraulic lines on a glass boat?
I got my Diverter last year and also received those cheap plastic things. I did in fact thread tap the glass and installed them with some RTV cylicone. It worked for a season but after seeing some guys with the steel braided lines, I had to chuck the plastic stuff. With the steal braided kit, it comes with some much better ( stainless ) hardware.
Did yours also come with a cheap plastic mount for the hydraulic to mount to?? I had to get rid of that to and put on a custom aluminum one from ( Bergeron Marine ) in Mesa Arizona (480) 834-1531. Also put on a different wireing loom just for the hydraulic. It's wired to get power directley from the battery rather than power going from the battery to the switch to the hydraulic. By doing this my response ( UP/Down ) was twice as fast. Again custom made by (Bergeron Marine) (480) 834-1531.
Just a few things here to let you know you can have a better setup than what you got from Place.
OverKill :) :) :)

superdave013
02-13-2007, 11:38 AM
I have some -4 polished s.s. bulkheads for those.

Taylorman
02-13-2007, 11:59 AM
I got my Diverter last year and also received those cheap plastic things. I did in fact thread tap the glass and installed them with some RTV cylicone. It worked for a season but after seeing some guys with the steel braided lines, I had to chuck the plastic stuff. With the steal braided kit, it comes with some much better ( stainless ) hardware.
Did yours also come with a cheap plastic mount for the hydraulic to mount to?? I had to get rid of that to and put on a custom aluminum one from ( Bergeron Marine ) in Mesa Arizona (480) 834-1531. Also put on a different wireing loom just for the hydraulic. It's wired to get power directley from the battery rather than power going from the battery to the switch to the hydraulic. By doing this my response ( UP/Down ) was twice as fast. Again custom made by (Bergeron Marine) (480) 834-1531.
Just a few things here to let you know you can have a better setup than what you got from Place.
You got any pictures of your pump mount?

cruser
02-13-2007, 12:26 PM
I have one of the Banderlog pump relays for the Bennett type of pumps I'll let go for $45 plus shipping. This allows you to connect the 12v power closer to the pump for faster response. The relay has never been connected to any pump. The Aggressor diverter uses a different pump and the Banderlog relay is not needed.

twowheeledfish
02-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Oh yeah, got the cheapie pump mount too. The steel braided kit sounds nice, but I really just want to get the thing finished for now.

twowheeledfish
02-13-2007, 08:02 PM
So.... I just need better thru-hull fittings. Anybody?

squirt
02-13-2007, 08:10 PM
So.... I just need better thru-hull fittings. Anybody?
Did you look here???
http://www.sweetperformance.com/index.htm
he posted above

twowheeledfish
02-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I did look there. Kinda hard to find something at a site when you don't know what you're looking for....

MudPumper
02-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I did look there. Kinda hard to find something at a site when you don't know what you're looking for....
Call Dave at the number. He knows all the sizes of everything you need. He'll make the lines and ship them to your door. He stands behind all his stuff 100%. There is no better person to buy braided line and fittings from.

twowheeledfish
02-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Done. Thanks man.
Call Dave at the number. He knows all the sizes of everything you need. He'll make the lines and ship them to your door. He stands behind all his stuff 100%. There is no better person to buy braided line and fittings from.

OverKill
02-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Oh yeah, got the cheapie pump mount too. The steel braided kit sounds nice, but I really just want to get the thing finished for now.
FISH
Don't cut corners!!!! I'm telling Ya Phil Bergeron is the only one who makes this custom Hydraulic mount. I think it was like $40 or $50 or something, I will ask him tommorow and let you know. I mounted the pump with that cheap plastic one you have, and let my dad drive while I watched the pump bounce up down just waiting for the thing to bust. It's know wonder there is a five year warranty for the thing. I wonder how many pumps get sent back from the bottoms busted out because the mount failed.
I will finaly pull my hair out to try and figure out how to post pics. and show you how it's done properly.
REMEMBER DON'T RUSH AND DON'T CUT CORNERS!!!
OVERKILL

OverKill
02-13-2007, 10:36 PM
You got any pictures of your pump mount?
Yes sir I do I will take some pics for ya and come hell or high water I will figure out how to post pics.

superdave013
02-14-2007, 09:51 AM
OVERKILL, You crack me up man. Now before I get started let me say first and formost that Bergeron is the man and no one could go wrong with ANY thing they do. Mostly a high end v drive shop but I'm sure they know their way around jets and I/O's too. I have much respect for that shop.
But don't sell the talent of these other jetters short man. Making a new mount for one of those pumps can't be a that big og deal at all. Compared to all the other stuff I see jetters fabbing up that's easy puddin right there.
twowheeledfish, I don't have those parts listed on my web site. I only list the A and B movers that I stock tons of. I would say these are a double Z mover. I keep a few on hand so I can support the jetters that support me.
These are the same parts that Placediver sells and made by the same guy (Rick Haggerman). Rick's stuff is supa nice as he polishes every thing before it leaves his shop. I crimp the hoses here so I can make what ever length you need instead of a one size fits all kit.
Here is what you need (all 304 stainless):
2 -4 Long bulkheads
3 -4x1/8NPT 90 degree fittings
1 -4x1/8NPT extended 90 degree fitting (real odd ball item)
2 -4 s.s. braided teflon hoses for the inside, Placediver makes them 3'. I think that's to long for 90% of the installs I see.
2 -4 s.s. braided teflon hoses for the outside. Measure the short one and add 4" for the other. Keep some slack in it.
Any hose shop should be able to make the hoses and supply most of the fittings (but they won't be polished). The bulkheads and extended 90 you will need to get from someone like myself, Rex, Dana, Eddie, Bergeron or HTP. I know I've left a few out but you get the idea.
But you know what? Those plastic hoses might look crappy but they do work ok.

twowheeledfish
02-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Wuahaha! Yes, I know this... but sometimes I do need to be reminded. Any job big or small, do it right or not at all. Usually I don't bat an eye at cost, but I'm having the entire interior redone next month (I thew the old junk away so I wouldn't back out last minute). So, I found a couple other little problems with this winter's upgrades too (yeah, like needing a new dizzy, foot throttle, steering cable). And they're cutting into my upholstery funds! As is this extra crap needed for the jet trim. $800 bucks and they send plastic thru-hulls and lines? Sheesh.
Also, I have so little room at the transom that the pump is gonna sit on the floor... it has to.. there's no room. The mount will be fine, but I know as you do that something will break sooner or later. I'll get that custom mount.
Cheers dude... and thanks for the help! Heres a pic of my big.... uh nozzle...lol.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/twowheeledfish/DSC01965.jpg
FISH
Don't cut corners!!!! I'm telling Ya Phil Bergeron is the only one who makes this custom Hydraulic mount. I think it was like $40 or $50 or something, I will ask him tommorow and let you know. I mounted the pump with that cheap plastic one you have, and let my dad drive while I watched the pump bounce up down just waiting for the thing to bust. It's know wonder there is a five year warranty for the thing. I wonder how many pumps get sent back from the bottoms busted out because the mount failed.
I will finaly pull my hair out to try and figure out how to post pics. and show you how it's done properly.
REMEMBER DON'T RUSH AND DON'T CUT CORNERS!!!
OVERKILL

twowheeledfish
02-14-2007, 10:41 AM
I pretty much guessed these were a double, triple z mover... since I couldn't find anything anywhere (other than the kit I found at CP). This is exactly the information I was looking for...thanks so much. What's your cost? ...ballpark, of course.
OVERKILL, You crack me up man. Now before I get started let me say first and formost that Bergeron is the man and no one could go wrong with ANY thing they do. Mostly a high end v drive shop but I'm sure they know their way around jets and I/O's too. I have much respect for that shop.
But don't sell the talent of these other jetters short man. Making a new mount for one of those pumps can't be a that big og deal at all. Compared to all the other stuff I see jetters fabbing up that's easy puddin right there.
twowheeledfish, I don't have those parts listed on my web site. I only list the A and B movers that I stock tons of. I would say these are a double Z mover. I keep a few on hand so I can support the jetters that support me.
These are the same parts that Placediver sells and made by the same guy (Rick Haggerman). Rick's stuff is supa nice as he polishes every thing before it leaves his shop. I crimp the hoses here so I can make what ever length you need instead of a one size fits all kit.
Here is what you need (all 304 stainless):
2 -4 Long bulkheads
3 -4x1/8NPT 90 degree fittings
1 -4x1/8NPT extended 90 degree fitting (real odd ball item)
2 -4 s.s. braided teflon hoses for the inside, Placediver makes them 3'. I think that's to long for 90% of the installs I see.
2 -4 s.s. braided teflon hoses for the outside. Measure the short one and add 4" for the other. Keep some slack in it.
Any hose shop should be able to make the hoses and supply most of the fittings (but they won't be polished). The bulkheads and extended 90 you will need to get from someone like myself, Rex, Dana, Eddie, Bergeron or HTP. I know I've left a few out but you get the idea.
But you know what? Those plastic hoses might look crappy but they do work ok.

OverKill
02-14-2007, 10:51 AM
FISH
Just talked to Bergeron Marine the pump mount is $30 plane and $50 polished. I'll bet you can find that in spare change under the couch LOL.:) :) :)

twowheeledfish
02-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Gonna have to hit up the 'ol Coinstar machine...lol. Thanks again....
FISH
Just talked to Bergeron Marine the pump mount is $30 plane and $50 polished. I'll bet you can find that in spare change under the couch LOL.:) :) :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I agree 100%. Phil is top notch on v-drive stuff. They do alot of outdrive stuff becuase it brings the coin in. Summer months they are backed up 2-3 months out.
On the other side of the coin, they arent on the top of jet tech. No dont get me wrong. They know jet and taught me how to build a stock pump a few years back. But you cant compare them to GSmarine,MPD,Hi-Tech,Dons,Jettperformance,etc. They just dont specialize in jets.
Like Dave said, there are alot of awesome machinists on here. WSUWHR,Riverdave,Superdave just to name a few can do some bitchin work and alot cheaper! I can speak on the because I have been on here for 7yrs and have seen alot of it. These guys do it because they have a passion for it..............

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Oh and anyone can make mounts/brackets with a few drill bits and a good jigsaw. I have made several and they came out very nice. Hell I can cut damn near perfect with a jigsaw;) I guess I have been using one for too long:D Im still old school:D Even though I have sever frinds that are local with Mills and lathes, I still use my jig. They bitch at me all the time because Im stubborn:D

twowheeledfish
02-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Its funny that you mentioned this... I was thinking the same thing while looking at the plastic mount.... "hmmm... I could do this out of aluminum easily!"
The names of these shops you guys are dropping are Greek to me. There's a handful of vintage jets around this area (most are in poor condition), but the majority of boats are aluminum (other than the production rollbar boats which just don't count to me); as are the shops that service them. Seems the farther north you go, the more aluminum boats you see. I'd love to see a shop up here that catered more towards glass jets, but the $$$ just aren't there.
Oh and anyone can make mounts/brackets with a few drill bits and a good jigsaw. I have made several and they came out very nice. Hell I can cut damn near perfect with a jigsaw;) I guess I have been using one for too long:D Im still old school:D Even though I have sever frinds that are local with Mills and lathes, I still use my jig. They bitch at me all the time because Im stubborn:D

OverKill
02-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Well good Mike I'm very glad to here that. Now you can make my ride plate for me, help bling my trailer and maybe put the inducer in. Would you mind??

HotRod Sprint
02-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Well good Mike I'm very glad to here that. Now you can make my ride plate for me, help bling my trailer and maybe put the inducer in. Would you mind??
Mikey don't have an electric drill big enuf to chuck the pump shaft in or enuf emory cloth to mill it down for the inducer :D
Rod

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks for being a smartass James!
Hey if you like dumping all of your $$ in Bergeron's shop then be my guest. I just dont see your logic behind stating that bergeron has everything. Turnning a shaft down isnt that hard. It even comes with directions. If you decent at math then its very easy. Lil Phillip is Bergeron's main guy on the lathe. That guys is one smart muthafukka with that lathe.
You should give Dan Neson a call @ jettboatperformance. He has the UBFJ record and does killer performance jet work. He knows all the tricks to make a jet haul azz. Oh and he is in PHX:)
Have a nice day James......

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Mikey don't have an electric drill big enuf to chuck the pump shaft in or enuf emory cloth to mill it down for the inducer :D
Rod
Slow done hotrod:D :D Hows the new ride running?

OverKill
02-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Thaks Mike. I always thought Dan Nelson was In California. Thanks again.

460 jus getn it
02-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Too funny, there are plenty of guys out there who do just as good of work, if not better then Phils. Like wise, there are plenty of guys here on the boards that will GIVE YOU A BETTER DEAL then phils. Not knocking them at all, just saying dont throw all your apples in one basket.