PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running California Super Trucks suspension?

beaverretriever
02-13-2007, 04:24 PM
I have been putting some money into my 01 (pre-runner look) truck.
I currently have the CST 4" spindles and they seem to be really nice (for a hunk of steel, LOL). I'm thinking of going to the CST 7" long travel kit. It gives 14" of travel. I'm running 35s and would like the extra clearance, although the truck looks sick with the big tires stuffed under the fiberglass fenders without the crazy lift. Very purpose built looking.
Anyone running a full set of CST on their truck? How do you like their stuff?
This is the kit I'm looking at.
http://www.cstsuspension.com/products/sfID1/7/sfID2/8/sfID3/31/productID/93
http://www.cstsuspension.com/ecom/images/product/93.449.600x400.CSK-C23-8.jpg

sigepmock
02-13-2007, 04:35 PM
CST makes some great stuff. I'm currently running their 6-8" kit on my 2500HD 4x. I don't know a ton about the 2x stuff but from what I've seen it's very good. Don't forget the rear end of the truck...LT front doesn't do much with out a good rear set-up....like some deavers and relocated shocks....
What shop are you thinking about doing the work?
Chris

beaverretriever
02-13-2007, 04:51 PM
What shop are you thinking about doing the work?
Chris
Probably me. :) If not I have a few friends that work over at some shops here and they take really good care of me.

BRSTQUEST
02-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I have the 6-8 on my truck with the tubular a-arms....Truck rides much better than stock and appears to be somewhat stout....I blew a ball joint through the stock a-arms and decided that wasn't to cool....Iam getting ready to do a national spring kit in the rear....After that iam going to do kings all the way around, just saving up some coin....Over all I like the CST and would recommend it to anyone

plaster dave
02-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I am running the 11" and love it. The best kit for the GM trucks.

EmpirE231
02-13-2007, 05:16 PM
are you going with the coilover kit? or just the coilbucket? I had the cst 7" lift (non long travel) on my old 1500... it is a good kit. their spindles are plenty beefy and can hold up to some decent abuse!! just make sure you go with the uniball upper arm, because I went through ball joints left and right with the old kit! and def have someone help you out... the long travel kits can be a lil tricky... and you'll need to cycle the suspension, and def add some limit straps :)

XtrmWakeborder
02-13-2007, 05:22 PM
If your serious about it, i'd take a look at camburg too.

beaverretriever
02-13-2007, 09:08 PM
are you going with the coilover kit? or just the coilbucket? I had the cst 7" lift (non long travel) on my old 1500... it is a good kit. their spindles are plenty beefy and can hold up to some decent abuse!! just make sure you go with the uniball upper arm, because I went through ball joints left and right with the old kit! and def have someone help you out... the long travel kits can be a lil tricky... and you'll need to cycle the suspension, and def add some limit straps :)
You are not the first person to mention this to me. That is a concern.
I really like Camburg stuff as well. I kind of forgot about them.
My truck looks pretty sick right now, I'm worried I may wreck the look adding any hieght...LOL