PDA

View Full Version : MB Quart Nautic NKD 116

teekster
02-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Now that these fall under the Maxxsonics brand, what is the consensus on these speakers?

thmper321
02-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Actually the MB Quart speakers are still being made in Germany at the MB Quart facility. It is called Maxonics Europe now. They have all the same speaker engineers and everything is still in place for the moment. From what I have heard from the owner of Maxonics they are planning on keeping it that way. They have even kept the sales reps completely separate from the maxonics lines. So for now go for it if the MB Quart sound is what you crave.

Sotally Tober
02-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Who is Maxxonics? Never heard of them. I have the PCE 216 in my boat and truck and love them.

ROZ
02-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Who is Maxxonics? The people who use to run MB Quart before Rockford Fosgate forked them up...

teekster
02-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Actually, now I'm starting to think about the MB Quart PCE216 vs. the JL Audio XR650-CSi. Any opinions? I can't hear either of them locally. I have heard the Ref series in a friend's car and they sounded great.
I was initially thinking of the Nautic series because of a good internet price on them, but it seems like the PCEs are better quality. As long as I was getting away from the marine speakers, the JL Audios seem to be in the same price range.
BTW, these are going into a boat where I am primarily concerned about sound quality at a reasonable price, not getting the loudest bang for the buck.

WET HULL
02-18-2007, 10:20 AM
I have the JL XR650csi and they pound hard all day long. They are durable and I have not had any issues. They do sound extreamly clear and loud, but I would make sure that you get them the 75 watts rms that they want. That way you get the most out of them. Hope this helps.

teekster
02-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks fror the quick feedback. I don't think power will be a concern. Each speaker will get 100 watts from an MB Quart RAA-4200 amp. Right now I'm only thinking 4 speakers, but we'll see...

thmper321
02-25-2007, 07:28 PM
When it comes to either JL or MB Quart its up to personal preference. I think the Quarts are a little on the expensive side for a boat. Its hard to hear the difference in the quality in an open environment like a boat. Again I would never tell someone not to buy them if their heart is set on them.

JMC
03-08-2007, 06:10 PM
I upgraded mine last year. I went with the MB's lesser line RCE 6.5" because I figured someone would have a beer dumped in one before it was all over. I got 2 pair shipped for 270.00 (ebay store). I picked up an old school Phoenix Gold 600.2 for 220.00 (on ebay) and wired the MB's at 2 ohms. TONS of headroom! No bass or treble need to added. Very clean sound that almost over power my 3 12" JL's that are hooked to a Phoenix G 800.1

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
I have them and like the sound. I'm running 6 off of one JL 450-4 and they sound good. Car Domain has the best price:
| Part # | Product | Qty | Status |
| MBQNKD116 | MB Quart Nautic NKD 116 Marine ... | 1 | shipped |
Subtotal: $124.06
Shipping Cost: $8.95
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $133.01

teekster
03-09-2007, 07:44 PM
I have them and like the sound. I'm running 6 off of one JL 450-4 and they sound good. Car Domain has the best price:
| Part # | Product | Qty | Status |
| MBQNKD116 | MB Quart Nautic NKD 116 Marine ... | 1 | shipped |
Subtotal: $124.06
Shipping Cost: $8.95
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $133.01
That is actually why I started the thread. They aren't listed anymore over there. Must have sold out.:( I think I am set on the PCE216 now.

Outnumbered
03-10-2007, 09:53 PM
That is actually why I started the thread. They aren't listed anymore over there. Must have sold out.:( I think I am set on the PCE216 now.
Bummer. Check e-bay. Just be sure to use a big name seller with good feedback.

teekster
04-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, I finally ended up with the MB Quart QSD 216 speakers. They should get here this week:D , but the boat is still in storage:(

cmikeplay
04-04-2007, 04:46 AM
Mb quarts are too exp for what power they lack. JL. Focal/ Moet thats sound

Outnumbered
04-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Mb quarts are too exp for what power they lack. JL. Focal/ Moet thats sound
Speakers don't "have power".
And I don't think $133 OTD is expensive for a pair of marine speakers. Have you priced JL marine stuff?

teekster
04-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Well the MB Quarts are in. All I can say is WOW! I am very impressed with them.
There has been a recent price drop on these (q series) lately. They can be found for $300/ pair online. If anyone is thinking about it, they are the best mobile speakers I have heard.:D

Outnumbered
05-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Well the MB Quarts are in. All I can say is WOW! I am very impressed with them.
There has been a recent price drop on these (q series) lately. They can be found for $300/ pair online. If anyone is thinking about it, they are the best mobile speakers I have heard.:D
Sweet. I love mine. Very clean sound.

Cheap Thrills
05-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Speakers don't "have power".
Oh yes they do. Think about it....... N. S. opposistion , attraction. hint hint .. :p
Though they're not going to bark at you just sitting there all by their lonesome you have to apply current to them to initiate motor movement by means of reactance. The energy applied reacts with the energy (power) stored in the magnet structure. So in actuality Speakers DO have power.
Power cannot be created, you can only change it's form. :idea:
Feed your mind !
Here's a groovy experiment. Take an old speaker and hook up a volt meter to the positive and negative trminals. set the meter for .5v now slap the cone. what just happened to the meter ? If it is a large sub with alot of cone travel you just tried that with the meter probably smoked being set to only .5v. Hahahahaaa..... Now go buy yourself a new multimeter.
Class dismissed.........
C.T. :wink: