PDA

View Full Version : Home Heater Help

HYPNAUTIC
02-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Who here does home heating or knows of somebody that does? My tenant calls tonight, heater not working. It was working 2 days ago, but that doesn't mean anything today. It is an electric ignition type heater (no pilot light). There is no "clicking" noise coming from the heater.
This is in the city of Placentia (North OC)
Thank you,
Gary

Relaxalot
02-14-2007, 10:35 AM
We are a licensed HVAC contractor. We will head over today and evaluate and diagnose for 75.00 fee. We will let you know what the problem is and what the cost will be. Probably and eazy fix. We can go immediately.
Thanks,
Dan Zachary
S.W. Industries

rsoscia
02-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Ive done alot of work for people on these boards call me if its not fixed yet 909 548 0652

HYPNAUTIC
02-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Thank you to RELAXALOT & RSOSCIA just called my Father who takes care of problems like this since I'm not close and he had somebody out there @ 4:00. Turns out there was a tube that hung in front of the heater (not connected to anything) that went up into the attic. In the attic the tube was connected to a funnel (WTF). And with the recent rain... it funneled water down and driped it on the circuit board. $309 later all fixed. Removed the tube and funnel and theres no sign of water damage. Hard to believe, we lived there almost 5 years and never knew about the tube and funnel. Where ever the water was coming from will be fixed when the new roof is put on sometime within the next 2 months.
Thank you again, I did pass on your #'s just in case something like this comes up again either on this property or another one.