PDA

View Full Version : 1st thing in the morning I am canceling my BoA visa.

YeLLowBoaT
02-14-2007, 02:49 AM
BofA offering credit cards to illegal aliens. (http://cbs13.com/local/local_story_045001618.html)

jbone
02-14-2007, 04:11 AM
Good move. If I had BoA, I'd do the same.
I think they are actually surprised at the response of AMERICANS. I hope they lose a lot of business. Maybe it will send a message to the next company that wants to cater to illegals.
On a side note, I think most banks have been providing mortgages for illegals for some time now.
J

RitcheyRch
02-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Posted already and would be doing the same if was with BofA.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141094

2Driver
02-14-2007, 06:26 AM
BofA offering credit cards to illegal aliens. (http://cbs13.com/local/local_story_045001618.html)
I am fed up with this whole illegal thing too.
If you are going to keep your standards on this with other places you shop and do business you aren't going find to many places to shop and do business. :(

topless
02-14-2007, 06:34 AM
They know that in order to get anything here in the US, you need a credit card. They are making them PAY for it up front and charging them 24% interest rates. They are basically scamming them. I hate B of A:mad:

YeLLowBoaT
02-14-2007, 06:46 AM
I am fed up with this whole illegal thing too.
If you are going to keep your standards on this with other places you shop and do business you aren't going find to many places to shop and do business. :(
I know, I am a ass hole about it... I pretty regularly report biz/ contractors using illegal aliens. Suppliers that don't hire illegals are getting hard and hard to find. I for one will never willingly hire one and I make sure it in the contract with any sub I use that they will not ether. Funny part is I have only had one plaster ever wanting to get it scratched...

Powerquestboy
02-14-2007, 07:09 AM
So what happens when these people max out their cards and decide to not pay them? BofA cant ding their credit, cant find them etc. We all might as well start getting the cards without a social security number.

Not So Fast
02-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Is there a way to cancel the card AND let B of A know your reason for doing it because I will do it in a heartbeat, this illegal crap is getting old!!! If you know let us in on it!!:mad: NSF

robk
02-14-2007, 07:22 AM
I quit doing business with them several years back when they outsourced about 1000 jobs from their Brea national post closing center to India and laid the majority of the affected people off.
IMO, not a bank that really cares about anything but their bottom line.

2Driver
02-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Is there a way to cancel the card AND let B of A know your reason for doing it because I will do it in a heartbeat, this illegal crap is getting old!!! If you know let us in on it!!:mad: NSF
If you have over $150K at B of A they assign you an Account Manager or what they call a premier bank manager. Call and find out who that is and let them know. Persoanlly they stand to pick up millions of illegals and maybe lose only a few of us. They just dont give a $hit or they wouldnt already suck.
And yes B of A does SUCK!

ParkerRat
02-14-2007, 08:39 AM
It may or may not make a difference but at least we will be counted. We are cancelling our's today. At some point we have to take a stand or nothing will ever change. Our elected officials and companies that cater to Illegals will never get the message if we dont make it clear. My 2 cents :)

ParkerRat
02-14-2007, 08:50 AM
i'm a lather,and have been off for about 2months(start big jobs next week)we lost 3 jobs/small homes last week they beat us by almost 3000$ a house,i have got alot of things done around the little ranch,beer drinkn and quad riding:D .people/usa do NOT KNOW HOW BAD THEY ARE KILLING US:( go ahead and use the wetbacks see if their the ones buying the 50tho$truck rv's quads 100thou$+++ boats and fuel/motels/food down at the zoo/powell/mead their sending their $$$ home:( we are focked:idea:
I read an article last week that said $23 Billion was sent back to Mexico last year from people working in the US. This is all money that is paid out by employers in the US and then not being spent in our economy. This also represents the second largest source of Revenue for the entire country of Mexico (second only to oil). There is no way Mexico is going to crack down on illegal immigration since it supports their country. My question is why doesnt our country seem to see this as a problem. Add this to the fact that they are stealing jobs form people in the US who DO want to work but cant afford to do the job for the same price as an illegal who doesnt have to worry about paying taxes or for health care. In my opinion we are focked if we dont do something about it soon. (my second rant for the morning, I promise, no more! :rolleyes: )

Caljamr
02-14-2007, 08:54 AM
I cancelled my credit card last week and i'm in the middle of switching my checking account and online bill pay over to Wells Fargo.
You can use this link to send them a comment. Don't know how much that helps but at least it will give you the satisfaction that you let them know what's on your mind.
https://www2.bankofamerica.com/contact/?lob=general&contact_returnto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebankofamerica% 2Ecom%2Fcontact%2F%3Fstatecheck%3DNV%26page%3D&state=NV

NOTALENT
02-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Washington Mutual here I come....fock this...this is only going to make it more desirable for them to come over. Lets just open the borders and pay for these focks to live.

Baja Big Dog
02-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Shit canned this piece of shit bank a few years ago, look at the P&L for these scum bags....most of the profit is from fees and fines......
And if anyone thinks their "Account Manager" cares about anything negitive, your high.
Had three corporations with them, they pissed me off, a branch manager in fact, called my manager and had her open accounts with Wells Fargo, cancelled with these asssholes and shit hit the fan...it was funny, I had calls from all kinds of people, learned one thing...B of A spends alot of money paying people to call you try and talk you into staying with them after they piss you off enough to leave. And even funnier the first team that calls you speak a funny voice, I couldnt understand what they were saying, but they got real pissed when I asked them if they would bring me a cherry Slurpee!!!

NastyOne
02-14-2007, 09:31 AM
I cancelled my credit card last week and i'm in the middle of switching my checking account and online bill pay over to Wells Fargo.
You can use this link to send them a comment. Don't know how much that helps but at least it will give you the satisfaction that you let them know what's on your mind.
https://www2.bankofamerica.com/contact/?lob=general&contact_returnto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebankofamerica% 2Ecom%2Fcontact%2F%3Fstatecheck%3DNV%26page%3D&state=NV
Thanks for the link.
Its not much but this is what I sent.....
Good morning
I just found out that B of A will be issuing credit cards to illegal immigrants and wanted to express my disgust for your company. ItÂ’s not enough that they get a free ride with health care and education, but now will be given credit as well. Bank of America is a disgrace to the American people and I will be canceling all of my accounts with the company today.

TAF
02-14-2007, 09:39 AM
I always heard they were the worst bank anyway. Now illegals can save or funnel US dollars out of the country easier. What have the FEDS said about this? :mad: :devil: :idea: I wonder if the English speaking customers will have to use a special window because all the others will be Spanish only?:sqeyes: Is B of A owned by the Frenchies?

cdog
02-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Good job guy's. I quit them years ago when they lost a cash depost. Idiots. Make sure you tell the new bank why you left the old and warn them if they have plans to do the same.

abraman1326
02-14-2007, 10:24 AM
I saw this on the news last night and was disgusted. I can't believe that to make a few bucks BofA will cater to these illegals. As Americans, we should not reward people for breaking the law. Heck, if you don't have to have a SSN to get a credit card anymore, can we all sign up? I think not! Congrats to the folks that have pulled their accounts from these gold digging pieces of crap. Why don't we just allow them to run for Govenor or President and open the border completely? Let's call ourselves the United State of Mexico, or the Mexican State of America. K, rant over...
BRA

acatitude
02-14-2007, 10:28 AM
I also will never do business with Bof A. they just lowered my credit card amount from 50k to 10k because I missed a payment when they took over my mne card. I never even opened the bill . I just threw it away thought it was junk mail, then I start getting calls and I tell them I don't have any accoiunts with ba. Then they tell me they took over this credit card company and im behind. I explained why anbd that i had that card for 15 years they didnt seem to care or undestand so I just sent them the payoff and told them to cancel my account what asses thay are

Baja Big Dog
02-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I also will never do business with Bof A. they just lowered my credit card amount from 50k to 10k because I missed a payment when they took over my mne card. I never even opened the bill . I just threw it away thought it was junk mail, then I start getting calls and I tell them I don't have any accoiunts with ba. Then they tell me they took over this credit card company and im behind. I explained why anbd that i had that card for 15 years they didnt seem to care or undestand so I just sent them the payoff and told them to cancel my account what asses thay are
And your rate will more than likley go to 20-25%...Scum bags.

whoya
02-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Wells Fargo also supports illegals :mad: :mad: :mad:

SHOTKALLIN
02-14-2007, 11:36 AM
If this turns a profit for B of A you will see other banks jumping on the bandwagon. I don't think a boycott of B of A will do much good.

RitcheyRch
02-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Guess need to change to a credit union. :mad:
Wells Fargo also supports illegals :mad: :mad: :mad:

spectratoad
02-14-2007, 11:40 AM
They know that in order to get anything here in the US, you need a credit card. They are making them PAY for it up front and charging them 24% interest rates. They are basically scamming them. I hate B of A:mad:
And guess what when the illegal cardholder reaches goal on the card and won't pay guess who picks up the tab on that one???? That's right, the law abiding, citezen consumer. :mad: :mad: :mad:

robk
02-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Guess need to change to a credit union. :mad:
I switched to a credit union a few years back and their customer service and products are stellar. First class, all the way. I'll never go back to the big banks unless credit unions disappear off the face of the earth.
What I especially love is the human element. The few times I've gone to them with an issue, they treated me like a customer rather than just a means of generating revenue.
Rob

RitcheyRch
02-14-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm already a member of a credit union but only use them for my savings account. Guess need to change the checking account over. Always had my checking account through Wells Fargo for convenience of ATM's.
I switched to a credit union a few years back and I have been absolutely blown away by the quality of their customer service compared to big guys. First class, all the way. I'll never go back unless credit unions disappear off the face of the earth.
Rob