PDA

View Full Version : More sad news...

Stab-n-Steer
05-05-2003, 06:34 AM
Longtime Crackerbox racer and 2002 National Champion John Fay died yesterday while testing at Salt Springs, CA.
John was testing the P44 "Sparkler" for Rick Frampton when he suffered an apparent heart attack. John owned and drove the P100 "Double Trouble". He was well loved in the Crackerbox community and was known for his hull setup wizardry and his willingness to help all of his fellow competitors... John was 64 years old from Geyserville, CA.
A special thanks to the two young men that relentlessly performed CPR on John until Paramedics arrived. I'm sorry I didn't get your names...
Godspeed John.
S&S
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/554p100.gif
[ May 05, 2003, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Stab-n-Steer ]

Sangster
05-05-2003, 06:41 AM
Sorry to hear..Our Condolence's to his Family & Friends....

GofastRacer
05-05-2003, 06:57 AM
What a shame, my heart and prayers go out to the family!..

126driver
05-05-2003, 07:48 AM
My condolences to family and friends as well.

05-05-2003, 08:53 AM
S&S, So sorry to hear the bad news. I have only seen them race at Shadow Cliffs but was very impressed with their operation, a class act indeed. My most sincere condolences to John's family and friends, Bob

Stab-n-Steer
05-05-2003, 09:55 AM
Thanks Bob,
Yeah, it sure put a tragic ending to an otherwise great day. The group was having a great time trying new props and driving each other's boats. I got 4 test rides in the 99P with John Canfield. What a rush! I can't wait 'til we race her... Ironically, John Fay had just drove the 99P and made a small plate adjustment. John and I were just going to test the change when this happened. Obviously we were all devastated and in shock. We did all agree that John couldn't have scripted it better when it was his time. He was hanging out with his friends, driving a Crackerbox, on the gas - haul'in ass...
S&S
[ May 05, 2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Stab-n-Steer ]

Brenda Kirkley
05-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Hi, my name is Brenda and I just found out not too long ago that John Fay is my father... I am soooo sad we were planning on meeting this summer, needless to say it's not going to happend... If anyone can emil just to tel me stories about him, I would love that so much... Life is short never put the important stuff off... We put it off and now I will have no chance of meeting my father... I f he has told anyone about me I would love to hear about it.... Thanks so much... Brenda

Morg
05-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Brenda Kirkley:
Hi, my name is Brenda and I just found out not too long ago that John Fay is my father... I am soooo sad we were planning on meeting this summer, needless to say it's not going to happend... If anyone can emil just to tel me stories about him, I would love that so much... Life is short never put the important stuff off... We put it off and now I will have no chance of meeting my father... I f he has told anyone about me I would love to hear about it.... Thanks so much... Brenda Hi Brenda,
I met your husband today. Glad to see you are on the boards. I saw your father race in Long Beach last year. Although I did not get a chance to meet him, I greatly enjoyed watching him race. It obviously was something he really enjoyed.
Morg.

Sangster
05-05-2003, 02:48 PM
John ..any word on Tim yet.

Morg
05-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Sangster:
John ..any word on Tim yet. Just got off the phone with Tony at the shop.
Small fracture in his neck. No paralasys. Beat up real good pretty much everywhere. Should be home by mid week probably whearing a halo.
Morg.
[ May 05, 2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Morg ]

gnRacer98
05-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Another huge void in the racing family.

Brenda Kirkley
05-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Thanks Morg.......

FlatRacer
05-05-2003, 05:59 PM
My sincerest condolences....
FR frown

circleboatKIDD
05-05-2003, 06:41 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.