PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Baby

CBadDad
02-14-2007, 10:21 AM
We just got back from Vegas, and we all know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but I feel obligated to tell you all that the Elton John show sucked.
We had great seats, the accoustics were fine but he just went thru the motions. About an hour and forty five minutes, stood up, said thank you, bowed and walked off the stage. Don't waste your money.
Otherwise we had a great time. Foreigner was in town and they rocked. Caught the Jonny Gans show. Awesome! Checked out the Secret Garden. Cool. Partied at Tobe Keiths "I Love This Bar" and had a blast. I was even dragged to Crazy Horse 2 for a lap dance (but I won't say who got the dance). I even came home with about $600 bucks in my pocket, which is less than I took, but still, I didn't lose it all. That's gotta be worth something. :)
Anyways, I just wanted to save everyone else a few hundred bucks. There are much better ways to spend your money in Vegas.

Baja Big Dog
02-14-2007, 10:27 AM
We just got back from Vegas, and we all know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but I feel obligated to tell you all that the Elton John show sucked.
We had great seats, the accoustics were fine but he just went thru the motions. About an hour and forty five minutes, stood up, said thank you, bowed and walked off the stage. Don't waste your money.
Otherwise we had a great time. Foreigner was in town and they rocked. Caught the Jonny Gans show. Awesome! Checked out the Secret Garden. Cool. Partied at Tobe Keiths "I Love This Bar" and had a blast. I was even dragged to Crazy Horse 2 for a lap dance (but I won't say who got the dance). I even came home with about $600 bucks in my pocket, which is less than I took, but still, I didn't lose it all. That's gotta be worth something. :)
Anyways, I just wanted to save everyone else a few hundred bucks. There are much better ways to spend your money in Vegas.
Friends came back from the show on monday and said the opposite, they loved the show, said he was cracking jokes about Celine and was great, maybe he just had a bad day when you went, or a good day when they went!!!:confused:

DaddyMack
02-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I just saw him two weeks ago .. Thought it was great!.. especially given the fact that he's done that show 144 times..lol

acatitude
02-14-2007, 10:42 AM
hey Daddy Mack, Im going to be in vegas april 6,7,8. maybe I can buy you that drink I owe ya. stayin with friends in henderson friday night and I think harrahs saturday night for a b-day party..

HocusPocus
02-14-2007, 10:47 AM
the wife and i enjoy going to vegas, a couple times a year we get discounted room rates at the las vegas hilton, 4 days 3 nights for $135.00 now we just got to pick a date from april 1 - june 30th to go. :) we plan on seeing barry manilow because he writes the songs. :eek:

DaddyMack
02-14-2007, 10:51 AM
hey Daddy Mack, Im going to be in vegas april 6,7,8. maybe I can buy you that drink I owe ya. stayin with friends in henderson friday night and I think harrahs saturday night for a b-day party..
You bet! You got my number.. just give me a call.. I should be in town.. might even be on the lake on Sunday!

acatitude
02-14-2007, 11:02 AM
yes sir will do when we get a little closer:)

SHOTKALLIN
02-14-2007, 11:15 AM
the wife and i enjoy going to vegas, a couple times a year we get discounted room rates at the las vegas hilton, 4 days 3 nights for $135.00 now we just got to pick a date from april 1 - june 30th to go. :) we plan on seeing barry manilow because he writes the songs. :eek:
Is this a Queer eye for the Straight guy Vegas trip? First Elton John....now Barry Manilow??? WTF? Grow some Nuts people.:D

mrs.robk
02-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Sounds fun! I'm jealous :cry:

Buddy
02-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Wow Toby Keith has a bar in vegas. Im going with my girlfreind next week any recomendations?

CBadDad
02-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Friends came back from the show on monday and said the opposite, they loved the show, said he was cracking jokes about Celine and was great, maybe he just had a bad day when you went, or a good day when they went!!!:confused:
Ya he did the same jokes. Seemed kinda canned. Did they mention the video's? He has totally gone off the deep end. Full on artsy-fartsy homo thing.
Is this a Queer eye for the Straight guy Vegas trip? First Elton John....now Barry Manilow??? WTF? Grow some Nuts people.:D
Wow, SHOTKALLIN, I never took you for a homo-phobe. What up with that? Actually, it was my GF's idea, she wanted to see him. Elton and Barry got more guys laid in the 70's & 80's than alcohol (but not as much as coke).
Wow Toby Keith has a bar in vegas. Im going with my girlfreind next week any recomendations?
Ya, it's hidden away in the back of Harrahs by the monorail entrance. They have live music every night and the food and drinks were good.