PDA

View Full Version : Can someone recommend a good mechanic in LHC?

SoCalSouthpaw
02-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Hello HB'ers,
Im in need of a mechanic - with a good rep and has some integrity. The only two I know of (other than the one Ive been jerked around by far too many times), are Savage and Absolute (I think its Absolute or Advantage) shops. Both have had sizable threads here. I havent read much of them. But, I just want one who is easy to deal with and honest and understands the difficulty of having a customer out of state - my boat is stored in LHC. Thanks alot everyone as I really appreciate your recommendations.. Not that there is only one, but I thought I would open my decision up to you peeps here since I really dont know where to turn....
Thank you.

SummitKarl
02-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Absolute is the place
BTW that shot of you in your avatar is a crack up:D

phebus
02-15-2007, 11:29 AM
The companies that I personally reccomend are:
Absolute
Savage
Prestiege
Alco

Havasu_Dreamin
02-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I use Absolute, I used Savage back when Aaron worked there. Continue to receive great service at Absolute and got great service at Savage. I don't think you will go wrong at either shop.....

shadow
02-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Absolute 928-855-2252 Aaron or Brian
Prestige 928- 680-3344 Chris

dicudmore
02-15-2007, 11:37 AM
what they said...
Prestige has my boat currently :D

Kachina26
02-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I was a GM tech for nearly 15 years, and Absolute is the only shop I trust to touch my baby. 'nuff said.

SoCalSouthpaw
02-15-2007, 11:41 AM
This is precisely the response I was looking for. Means alot to me as I cant even get a call back from the place that has my boat now - which has my drive in pieces. So pickin it up is going to be fun. BTW: this is the million dollar question: Do the guys at Absolute pick up boats that are in storage for the guys who live outta state for maintenance, etc... ?
SummitKarl - glad you got a laugh outta my avatar. Photo shop did it. I swear! LOL :D

dicudmore
02-15-2007, 11:43 AM
This is precisely the response I was looking for. Means alot to me as I cant even get a call back from the place that has my boat now - which has my drive in pieces. So pickin it up is going to be fun. BTW: this is the million dollar question: Do the guys at Absolute pick up boats that are in storage for the guys who live outta state for maintenance, etc... ?
SummitKarl - glad you got a laugh outta my avatar. Photo shop did it. I swear! LOL :D
I think they will...
i know Prestige does

prosthogod
02-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Wouldn't let Absolute fix my doggy door because they CAN'T. Talk about half assed quick fix, blame it on the other guy, talk out one side of your mouth bull sh@#. That is what you will get at absolute. Gave them more than one opportunity with the same result.

HavaTan
02-15-2007, 12:26 PM
I hope you get what you need from whoever you choose... Given that, I recommend SAVAGE. Adrian just became an owner and been working there for years, Steve has retired and Adrian has stepped into the shoes well. He's hungry, motivated, and talented. Those are always a good combination. Give him a call and tell him that HavaTan sent you, you'll be treated right no matter what.

dumbandyoung
02-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Tow it to BHC...they know what they're doing up there and wont rip you off.;) :D
...joking!

phebus
02-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Botom line is that any of the shops listed do good work. I would call around and see which shop could accomodate your schedule, and your need for pick up and drop off.
If you need a hand from someone here in Havasu, let me know.

Keith E. Sayre
02-16-2007, 09:12 AM
I agree with the 4 that Phebus posted. We use all 4 and all
4 get highest marks from us.
Keith Sayre

voodoomedman
02-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Absolute is stellar. They will pick up your boat. I had them scheduled to pick it up this weekend since I didn't know if I was going to bring my truck or not. I am calling them today to let them know I will drop it off. Prosthood is the first I've ever heard of a bad story about them. Not every customer will be satisfied. I'd like to hear the actual story. They have been nothing but great for me and I've dropped by in the summer when the garage is full of boats and they have told me to back it in so they can take a look at my issue. They have also walked me through stuff over the phone. All this with no asking for money. Just knowing that I will be bringing it back there for maintenance and such. A case of Red Stripe won't hurt either.

That Guy
02-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Wouldn't let Absolute fix my doggy door because they CAN'T. Talk about half assed quick fix, blame it on the other guy, talk out one side of your mouth bull sh@#. That is what you will get at absolute. Gave them more than one opportunity with the same result.
As an alternative to this post....I have never had anything but outstanding service from Absolute. Way above and beyond what they needed to do....including picking up my boat, putting it away, went to bat for me with Mercury, etc. Sorry this guy had a bad experience, but there are many of us who wouldn't take their boat anywhere else. :)

Kilrtoy
02-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Im sure there are two sides to this story...
Actually, three

playdeep
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
...Absolute Marine.
The first time I ever walked into that place,was on a sunday afternoon(Labor Day weekend),I had just had a starter go south...and saw that someone was inside.(sign said closed)
Turns out Aaron had stopped in to pick up a part,I asked if he had a starter for my boat...he dissapeared to the back,about 10 minutes later he reappears,tosses me the starter(new) and tells me to mail him a check,for $40.00 dollars.
He did this with his wife and newborn baby waiting...
I thought that was pretty cool.
...Since then they have helped me out several times with minor things,on each occasion it's cost me a six pack of Red stripe.

SoCalSouthpaw
02-16-2007, 11:46 AM
:D
Tell you all whaaaaat... I seriously appreciate the responses. What boating is all about. And its a damn shame, since the boat I have is my first, that I have learned the hard way (took two seasons, BTW of having wasted several weekends and $$$ to follow, all to be let down and disapointed. Kinda leaves a sour taste in a person's mouth), that I should have been taking my patronage elsewhere. Anyways, back to finish the 'tell you all whaaaat' intro... everybody gonna get a Red Stripe from me when I see ya on de water, as a token of my gratitude for your time...(in plastic bottles of course ;) )
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24307&stc=1&d=1171655299

voodoomedman
02-16-2007, 12:04 PM
:D
Tell you all whaaaaat... I seriously appreciate the responses. What boating is all about. And its a damn shame, since the boat I have is my first, that I have learned the hard way (took two seasons, BTW of having wasted several weekends and $$$ to follow, all to be let down and disapointed. Kinda leaves a sour taste in a person's mouth), that I should have been taking my patronage elsewhere. Anyways, back to finish the 'tell you all whaaaat' intro... everybody gonna get a Red Stripe from me when I see ya on de water, as a token of my gratitude for your time...(in plastic bottles of course ;) )
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24307&stc=1&d=1171655299
I use glass bottles but every single one goes in the trash bin on the boat and ends up in the recycling bin at the house.
Hope things end up well for you. I've heard good about Savage and Alco.
Now Absolute, I just talked to Brian to let him know that I could drop off my own boat that I'm bringing the truck and was hoping to boat tomorrow since the weathers nice. He said to have it there about 8:30 and he would have it ready for me a little after noon. I get it serviced, get to boat Saturday, Sunday and Monday if I want and I have plenty of time to wax it too.

Da Twins
02-19-2007, 08:47 AM
call Bernie at BMC 928-453-1744
w/ not rip u off
used to work for Whipple & still does work for them

DCBDaytona
02-19-2007, 09:14 AM
SAVAGE MARINE...They are now servicing Outboards as well.:D

phebus
02-19-2007, 09:27 AM
SAVAGE MARINE...They are now servicing Outboards as well.:D
Wow, it sounds like they're going downhill :D :) :D