PDA

View Full Version : shipping out of the country???

rude235
02-15-2007, 06:30 PM
has anyone done it before? i have a "customer" that wants me to ship them a couple of things to Romania. they have already provided me with a c/c number and a shipping/billing address. what should i look for to make sure i get paid? they are telling me i need to use USPS Global Express Mail. does anyone have any experience with this type of stuff? thanx for any input.

ViB
02-15-2007, 06:51 PM
We have a lot of experience with this scenario...too many risks to go into in this post. PM me with your contact info and I'll give you a call and provide what info/help I can.
Stu

yopengo
02-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Romania...Don't do it.

xs ultra
02-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I would use DHL ,Paper work faster and easy. Collect frieght first unless you know who you are shipping to very well. Fed Ex also ok.

al cole'holic
02-15-2007, 08:16 PM
...process the order, get the extra number security code as well..be sure the shipping address is the same as the billing address, wait 2 weeks to see if everything checks out ok assuming you are still unsure, then use the Global Priority box/envelopes and ship accordingly. If you can get everything to fit in a GP envelope and it's under 4lbs it should be $9.50 to mail out :D
..I usually declare things as "print samples" with a '0' value for customs.

OutCole'd
02-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Be careful James, it is a real high risk deal. When you have all their info, you can call your merchant sevices company and they can help you check it out to make sure it's legit. I almost got ripped off for $4,500 lasrt month on some hardwood flooring, luckily I was nervous & did a lot of checking before I walked away from the order due to fraud.

rude235
02-15-2007, 10:47 PM
my first thought too was that it's a scam just to get some stuff for free. i just wanted to see if there is a way i can verify /ensure payment. i would hate to lose a sale (a legit sale that is) just for lack of looking into a couple of things.

All-Star
02-16-2007, 08:22 AM
FYI
Just to keep in mind.
If they are out of the country and they need it shipped to them in a super hurry. Well what is the hurry?? Trying to get the product before you figure things out. Tell them that your shipper willnot ship via that method and they will only allow another source of delivery. Somtimes they know the drivers to that area and they work it out so it appears that it was never delivered. So if you ship it another way with a signature guarantee, then it messes up their plans.
Call the credit card company to see if they can make sure that the info matches up. They usually willnot tell you anything. But you can tell them all the info you have and then request that they have the owner of the card call you back. SO that way you will know either way. The card company can tell you if it belongs to someone in Romania or not.
Last time something suspecious happened, I called and asked them if the billing address was for Africa, and he said no way it was from Indiana. SO I called the customer back and told them that the billing info did not match up and he never called back.:idea:
Saved me $3200. right there.:)
Good luck

Flashwave
02-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Tell them to do a wire transfer to your bank in US dollars. Once the money hits your bank, then ship.
"Romania: New Citadel Of Cybercrime"
Do a Google search on "fbi credit card watch romania". I don't think you'll be shipping.
J

voodoomedman
02-16-2007, 09:26 AM
As far as shipping goes if you do do it then do not use the post office unless it is a small inexpensive item that you can stand to be burned on. Your not going to have tracking, once it leaves the U.S. it will be in another postal offices hands and you have no guarantees or anything that comes with the other carriers.
From the looks of your ground map on your website it looks like you use FedEx. Use them. You will have a guarantee, get your discount and it will help your average revenue for your tier band, signature required delivery, can purchase extra insurance and can beat up your rep if something goes wrong because of the shipping aspect. It will also be handled by FedEx the whole way.

Nord
02-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I just finished an online sale to Denmark. I told the customer to have a pick up done by his shipping company. It worked great!! I didn't have to worry about any of the shipping. Just packed it and a guy picked it up!! Done!
~NORD~

OutCole'd
02-16-2007, 10:07 AM
I just finished an online sale to Denmark. I told the customer to have a pick up done by his shipping company. It worked great!! I didn't have to worry about any of the shipping. Just packed it and a guy picked it up!! Done!
~NORD~
How did they pay for it?

rude235
03-02-2007, 03:19 PM
i appreciate all of the input on this. i have received several emails from this guy about the gps units he wants me to send. when can you send them, when can you send them..........i had pretty much passed it off as a scam. then i received and email last night for the EXACT SAME gps unit but this time going to singapore. this time they want to use UPS express or fedex international. something just doesn't seem right.

DMOORE
03-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Romania is the most corrupt government in Europe. The EU will not let them join due to this fact. You could not find a worse place to do business with.
Darrell.