PDA

View Full Version : I finally see this is a

a catered life
02-16-2007, 02:08 PM
My job just dropped to a all time low on the support of education scale:( ....while i generally stay away from much of the immigration stuff and i am not really sure where i stand on the topic, i will say that speaking english should be one of the goals for anyone who wants to make it in the country and state:idea: ....my job just hired a woman that doesn't speak a word of english:confused: and we work for a public school system:( ....wtf:confused: my staff's main job is to make sure that the kids are offered a healthy lunch...if a kid want to know what something is (sugar content, vegetarian selection, no wheat options, no peanuts, etc) this lady can't even answer or understand anything....if a child wants only the vegetarian selection for the day this lady cant understand that....the lady couldn't even introduce herself to me when she arrived at my site she had a family member bring her, introduce her, and wanted to stay for a while to make sure she understood what to do..i said to the family member that this is a commerical kitchen and there is a need for everyone to understand some basic english for the safety of other workers, herself and the kids i am responseable for and at this time i do not feel she is able to work at this site.....one of the statements in our mission statement is that "every child that graduates from high school will be a good communicator and have the skills to maintain in society"...wtf :sqeyes: good communicator...how can you expect a child to be something when the adults they communicate to can't even speak back to them.....:( this is total BS :mad: our kids deserve to be treated with more respect and superintents and board should make sure that all staff have the ability to communicate with the kids they serve...:mad:

photo chick
02-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Pretty soon they'll make YOU learn Spanish, like they've done to the Principals in TX. Talk about BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadow
02-16-2007, 02:26 PM
My job just dropped to a all time low on the support of education scale:( ....while i generally stay away from much of the immigration stuff and i am not really sure where i stand on the topic, i will say that speaking english should be one of the goals for anyone who wants to make it in the country and state:idea: ....my job just hired a woman that doesn't speak a word of english:confused: and we work for a public school system:( ....wtf:confused: my staff's main job is to make sure that the kids are offered a healthy lunch...if a kid want to know what something is (sugar content, vegetarian selection, no wheat options, no peanuts, etc) this lady can't even answer or understand anything....if a child wants only the vegetarian selection for the day this lady cant understand that....the lady couldn't even introduce herself to me when she arrived at my site she had a family member bring her, introduce her, and wanted to stay for a while to make sure she understood what to do..i said to the family member that this is a commerical kitchen and there is a need for everyone to understand some basic english for the safety of other workers, herself and the kids i am responseable for and at this time i do not feel she is able to work at this site.....one of the statements in our mission statement is that "every child that graduates from high school will be a good communicator and have the skills to maintain in society"...wtf :sqeyes: good communicator...how can you expect a child to be something when the adults they communicate to can't even speak back to them.....:( this is total BS :mad: our kids deserve to be treated with more respect and superintents and board should make sure that all staff have the ability to communicate with the kids they serve...:mad:
To bad you can't pay her in Pesos,see how that works out for her.
Although i did recently hear on the news that there was a Pizza place accepting Pesos as well as US currency.:mad:
I say atleast learn and use our language or go the **** home!

Rod-64
02-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey Willie.............You need to move to Vegas and be the new Wolfgang Puck!!!!:D

mrs.rvrluvr
02-16-2007, 02:37 PM
we took this land from them along time ago and they are slowly getting it back

a catered life
02-16-2007, 02:42 PM
what up rod i am working on something but it won't be in vegas:D..enjoy your weekend at the show

Sleek-Jet
02-16-2007, 02:42 PM
we took this land from them along time ago and they are slowly getting it back
We didn't "take" anything from the Mexican's.... they didn't want it and marched right back to Mexico when we showed up, at least California and the South West...
Texas was a little different ball game, but Texas was a Soveriegn nation for a while.

a catered life
02-16-2007, 02:48 PM
We didn't "take" anything from the Mexican's.... they didn't want it and marched right back to Mexico when we showed up, at least California and the South West...
Texas was a little different ball game, but Texas was a Soveriegn nation for a while.
instresting history note:idea: