PDA

View Full Version : ***boat at Lake Anna Again?????

jrod
02-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know for sure if ***boat is going to be at Lake Anna again this year?

FL Xfactor
02-18-2007, 11:34 AM
i sure hope so we have reservations for the whole week in june.3rd thru the 9th.coming up from fl.:D

Wet Dream
02-18-2007, 12:42 PM
No, ***boat will not be sending any representatives this year. However, Kelly will be taking photos and forwarding them to ***boat for publication.

moparjet
02-18-2007, 03:26 PM
daaaamn, no hot chicks on boats huh

Wet Dream
02-18-2007, 04:27 PM
daaaamn, no hot chicks on boats huh
Dude, how hard can it be to get hot babes?
Option 1: bring a couple of them with you
Option 2: Hire a couple of strippers in bathing suits like he did last year.

CVX20
02-18-2007, 06:16 PM
We have rooms for the 8th and 9th at the Lake Anna Lodge. This will be my first time there. Really looking forward to it:D

publicnuisance
02-19-2007, 07:27 AM
We are coming from Fl and staying at Hampton Inn June 7,8,9,and 10..Is there anymore info on speed limits or noise restrictions? What is that blog about rc boats in the pool...

LynnsJet
02-20-2007, 09:18 AM
What is that blog about rc boats in the pool...[/QUOTE]
It goes back to the Frosty Ball (Feb 06). We had a good time in their pool and rc boats were a lot of fun.
This year at the Frosty Ball (Feb 10, 07) we didn't have as much time in the pool as we would have liked. We still had a nice time but there was a lot of business going on and then after the meeting a bunch of people went to the Hooters that was within walking distance of the hotel. The pool kind of lost out.

drejustice
02-20-2007, 10:38 AM
We still had a nice time but there was a lot of business going on.
Just curious as to what was decided at the Frosty Ball? From my understanding it's to plan a event right? BOTE?

Wet Dream
02-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Some of the things that are in the works:
T-shirt designs are being created, you will be able to pre order them prior to Anna as always
The Feast is going to be a huge benefit to the Lake Anna Rescue Squad.
All proceeds from the feast are going to the LARS.
The first corporate sponor has joined in. McDonalds has donated 700 quarter-pounders with cheese to be cooked at the event.
Overnight boat parking is available with security on the premises for those that don't want to tow back and forth to the hotel.
More land games and activities
Door prizes, 50/50's and raffles, horse shoes and volleyball, working on more
Grudge matches will be limited to 2 boats at a time ONLY, other safety factors in the works.
More things to come as we get closer.
Does anybody else have anything they would like to add or suggest?

Wet Dream
02-21-2007, 06:51 AM
From my understanding it's to plan a event right? BOTE?
It used to be, but we've pretty much given up on trying to plan things at the Frosty. Its really just a winter party that allows everyone to toss a few ideas around, see old friends and have dinner and drinks.

buckey79
02-21-2007, 04:43 PM
You forgot to add "Flip Cup" to the games.

fat rat
02-21-2007, 05:23 PM
You forgot to add "Flip Cup" to the games.
That was a good time.............maybe we can get some people together again!:D

nitro557
02-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Some of the things that are in the works:
T-shirt designs are being created, you will be able to pre order them prior to Anna as always
The Feast is going to be a huge benefit to the Lake Anna Rescue Squad.
All proceeds from the feast are going to the LARS.
The first corporate sponor has joined in. McDonalds has donated 700 quarter-pounders with cheese to be cooked at the event.
Overnight boat parking is available with security on the premises for those that don't want to tow back and forth to the hotel.
More land games and activities
Door prizes, 50/50's and raffles, horse shoes and volleyball, working on more
Grudge matches will be limited to 2 boats at a time ONLY, other safety factors in the works.
More things to come as we get closer.
Does anybody else have anything they would like to add or suggest?
????,thats all im gonna ask?????

jets4me
02-21-2007, 07:28 PM
nitro557 get a boat

Wet Dream
02-21-2007, 07:54 PM
????,thats all im gonna ask?????
Spit it out Mike. What the hell are you trying to say? :confused:

nitro557
02-22-2007, 04:16 AM
at the frosty ball you and rat were talking about the take over of this event was anything done about it or is it swept under the rug?

nitro557
02-22-2007, 04:17 AM
nitro557 get a boat
no i dont want to buy yours

jets4me
02-22-2007, 04:49 AM
i just thought if you are wanting to still be apart of a boating club you should own one

Wet Dream
02-22-2007, 07:54 AM
at the frosty ball you and rat were talking about the take over of this event was anything done about it or is it swept under the rug?
I wouldn't say swept under the rug. He is making the lunch thing his and directing that portion of it to his discretion. The rest of it is still ours...the boating, the party, the dinner, everything else.

nitro557
02-22-2007, 08:01 AM
sounds good sir

buckey79
02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
nitro557 get a boat
that's funny.

LynnsJet
02-23-2007, 01:43 PM
He doesn't need a boat.
He is the ride along photographer and philosopher.

jets4me
02-23-2007, 04:44 PM
ya ok what ever you say captain

JOHNNYBEGOOD
02-25-2007, 05:49 AM
Iron Mike,
Nitro has a boat. It is in boxes, buckets, and milk crates in his shed in the back yard.

jets4me
02-25-2007, 09:48 AM
johnny whats up buddy

JOHNNYBEGOOD
02-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Same ole' stuff Mike. How has your winter be going? I hope that you don't sell your boat. I would like to see that thing at Dam #4 this summer once again.
My boat is tore all apart, trying to get it straightend out. Lots of new stuff coming for next year. I should have it ready for Lake Anna.
p.s. stop picking on Nitro.

jets4me
02-25-2007, 04:00 PM
i want to sell it and get a v drive if not i will keep it

rrocky
03-05-2007, 06:03 PM
This weekend sounds like fun never been there,I don't have a fast boat but can i come::D

Slacker
03-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Where in Va are you located, yes everyone is welcome at anna...

drejustice
03-06-2007, 07:07 AM
Yup, all boats are welcome.
I'll be on my new ride. It's currently in the paint shop going from Lime green to Sunkist Orange.
http://www.lilipadboats.com/webimages/gallery/M1.jpg

rrocky
03-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Where in Va are you located, yes everyone is welcome at anna...
Chesapeake ,we just picked up a 382 formula,What do we need to bring ?, is it hard to find on the lake ?,and is there a good campground close?:D :220v:

Wet Dream
03-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Yup, all boats are welcome.
I'll be on my new ride. It's currently in the paint shop going from Lime green to Sunkist Orange.
http://www.lilipadboats.com/webimages/gallery/M1.jpg
Are you having a Bullseye painted on the top deck? ;)

rrocky
03-10-2007, 01:26 PM
My wife wants to use her new camper any good campgrounds around lake anna with a boat ramp to handle a 38?:D

supersoaker509
03-10-2007, 05:13 PM
My wife wants to use her new camper any good campgrounds around lake anna with a boat ramp to handle a 38?:D
Rocky Branch Campgrounds. Thay have one deep water ramp not sure it will handle a 38 but there is a marina right next door that will with no problem. Then you can either beach the boat plenty of water our use their pier for the weekend. The campground is right across the street from the Lake Anna Lodge.:D

rrocky
03-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Rocky Branch Campgrounds. Thay have one deep water ramp not sure it will handle a 38 but there is a marina right next door that will with no problem. Then you can either beach the boat plenty of water our use their pier for the weekend. The campground is right across the street from the Lake Anna Lodge.:D
Thanks i will try to call tomorrow.

WVspeedfreak
03-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I'll be there. I cant wait.

rrocky
03-11-2007, 04:18 PM
I'll be there. I cant wait.
Have you ever camped at rocky branch?:D

rrocky
03-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Rocky Branch Campgrounds. Thay have one deep water ramp not sure it will handle a 38 but there is a marina right next door that will with no problem. Then you can either beach the boat plenty of water our use their pier for the weekend. The campground is right across the street from the Lake Anna Lodge.:D Rocky Branch Campground will not open until next month and she does not think she will have a site with full hook ups. Any other campgrounds around lake anna.272 FORMULA FOR SALE:D

drejustice
03-13-2007, 04:07 AM
Rocky Branch Campground will not open until next month and she does not think she will have a site with full hook ups. Any other campgrounds around lake anna.272 FORMULA FOR SALE:D
The lake anna gathering isn't until June so her opening in April shouldn't be a problem unless I miss understand.
They Have 38 water and electric hook up sites and 25 tent sites, boat ramps, a bath house and a store

rrocky
03-13-2007, 03:59 PM
The lake anna gathering isn't until June so her opening in April shouldn't be a problem unless I miss understand.
They Have 38 water and electric hook up sites and 25 tent sites, boat ramps, a bath house and a storeI will wait untill April and call again THANKS. 272 FORMULA FOR SALE :D

WVspeedfreak
03-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I have never been to Anna before. The guy I bought my boat from used to take it there a lot. I have some buddies that live not to far from there . They told me it is the place to be on hot-boat weekend

kojac
03-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Chesapeake ,we just picked up a 382 formula,What do we need to bring ?, is it hard to find on the lake ?,and is there a good campground close?:D :220v:
You might try Christopher Run campground. They are located on route 522. I don't know how deep their ramp is but I know a lot of nice size boats go in and out of their. They are really nice people.
Kojac.

TaylorJet
03-14-2007, 05:11 AM
You might try Christopher Run campground. They are located on route 522. I don't know how deep their ramp is but I know a lot of nice size boats go in and out of their. They are really nice people.
Kojac.
dale,
this is the same weekend as their blugrass festival at christopher run. i was told they are full and even if not there is an extra charge per person just to get in the campground. let me know if anyone finds out anything different. thanks
Eric

drejustice
03-14-2007, 12:09 PM
dale,
this is the same weekend as their blugrass festival at christopher run. i was told they are full and even if not there is an extra charge per person just to get in the campground. let me know if anyone finds out anything different. thanks
Eric
January 2007
Thank you for your support of our event over the years,
however we will no longer be hosting a bluegrass festival.
We hope you will continue to consider our
facility for your camping needs.
Sincerely,
The Bazzanella's

TaylorJet
03-14-2007, 12:11 PM
January 2007
Thank you for your support of our event over the years,
however we will no longer be hosting a bluegrass festival.
We hope you will continue to consider our
facility for your camping needs.
Sincerely,
The Bazzanella's
are you the owners of christopher run?

drejustice
03-14-2007, 06:39 PM
are you the owners of christopher run?
No. That was what was posted on the Christoper Run website.
http://www.christopherrunbluegrass.com/

rrocky
03-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Just sent an email to make reservations for June 7,8,9,10. I will let you know how it goes. 272 FORMULA FOR SALE :D

CMZRACING
03-15-2007, 11:17 AM
will be there riding on my brothers donzi 22 classic
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/cmzracing/gregsdonzi1.jpg

miketsouth
03-15-2007, 02:54 PM
where it that pic taken...looks very nice, if salty

HammerDown
03-15-2007, 04:43 PM
will be there riding on my brothers donzi 22 classic
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/cmzracing/gregsdonzi1.jpg
Now (that) ^ is a nice Boat!

buckey79
03-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Now (that) ^ is a nice Boat!
It does pretty good in the ocean too!

rrocky
03-18-2007, 05:47 PM
No these do good in the ocean.:D 272 FORMULA FOR SALE.:D :D :D

rrocky
03-18-2007, 05:53 PM
We will be riding the 38 it has AC, dont like to get hot.:D 272 FORMULA FOR SALE:D :D :D

CMZRACING
03-21-2007, 05:24 AM
MIKESOUTH>>>>>>Pensacola Fl. really nice boating but yes a little salty, no problem for closed loop cooling though :D :D
thanks hammer, cant wait for my brother to move so i can buy that too!! after i just bought his offroading ass jeep from him last week!!

CMZRACING
03-21-2007, 05:29 AM
and only we know about that trip!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

zimm
03-21-2007, 09:34 AM
where it that pic taken...looks very nice, if salty
Pensacola beach sand bar. Yes, very salty. Lake Anna is the only fresh water this boat has seen since 1988. I'll be there. Currently working a few mods- full hyd steering/external rams, imco shortie lower for the outdrive, new dash, etc. Too bad the big motor has to wait until next year.

rrocky
03-21-2007, 03:38 PM
:D Pensacola beach sand bar. Yes, very salty. Lake Anna is the only fresh water this boat has seen since 1988. I'll be there. Currently working a few mods- full hyd steering/external rams, imco shortie lower for the outdrive, new dash, etc. Too bad the big motor has to wait until next year. ZIMM do you do the poker runs in/ around Va Beach? I believe I have seen your boat. :D 272 FORMULA FOR SALE :D :D :D

CMZRACING
03-22-2007, 10:58 AM
:D ZIMM do you do the poker runs in/ around Va Beach? I believe I have seen your boat. :D 272 FORMULA FOR SALE :D :D :D
yeaup, he lives in va beach. we did a poker run last year with it. i think we were the smallest boat out there. there was also one big all white fountain with staggered 525's.

rrocky
03-22-2007, 12:32 PM
yeaup, he lives in va beach. we did a poker run last year with it. i think we were the smallest boat out there. there was also one big all white fountain with staggered 525's. What poker run did you do? Are you going to do any this year? Was the fountain the poker run edition ?::220v: 272 FORMULA FOR SALE:D :D :D

CMZRACING
03-23-2007, 04:38 AM
What poker run did you do? Are you going to do any this year? Was the fountain the poker run edition ?::220v: 272 FORMULA FOR SALE:D :D :D
Yes it was a poker run edition, i think it had like blue foam around the windshield, at the lunch stop one of the riders in it had to be transported by ambulance beacuase after he spun the boat out the guy whacked his head real good on the side of the boat. i'll ask my brother for the link to the poker run and post it up here a little later.

CMZRACING
03-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Heres the link to the sponsor. check out the pic at the bottom we are in two of them.
http://www.oceanmarinellc.com/poker/index.html

rrocky
03-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Yes it was a poker run edition, i think it had like blue foam around the windshield, at the lunch stop one of the riders in it had to be transported by ambulance beacuase after he spun the boat out the guy whacked his head real good on the side of the boat. i'll ask my brother for the link to the poker run and post it up here a little later.
I talked to yall in hampton at the lunch stop.I was in the 272 formula John in the fountain broke a gimble when he spun. Are you going to lake anna ? This is harbor fest weekend, And last are you going to do the ocean marine this year, I changed boats this year to a 382.

zimm
03-26-2007, 08:45 AM
I talked to yall in hampton at the lunch stop.I was in the 272 formula John in the fountain broke a gimble when he spun. Are you going to lake anna ? This is harbor fest weekend, And last are you going to do the ocean marine this year, I changed boats this year to a 382.
We're going to Lake Anna that first weekend of June. I should have my whipple installed by then :D
Ocean marine poker run is a bit too rough for me. I do want to do the Jammin on the James Richmond poker run though- hopefully smaller swells. I'm sure with your new 38 footer, that won't be a problem! I was looking at 353's, but not in the budget yet.

rrocky
03-26-2007, 12:17 PM
We're going to Lake Anna that first weekend of June. I should have my whipple installed by then :D
Ocean marine poker run is a bit too rough for me. I do want to do the Jammin on the James Richmond poker run though- hopefully smaller swells. I'm sure with your new 38 footer, that won't be a problem! I was looking at 353's, but not in the budget yet. We just got our reservations for christoper run campground for June 7,8,9. Did you ever get your imco lower installed ? We are doing Jammin on the james hope to see you there. Looking forward to seeing all your new stuff at lake anna.:D

CMZRACING
03-29-2007, 03:39 AM
We just got our reservations for christoper run campground for June 7,8,9. Did you ever get your imco lower installed ? We are doing Jammin on the james hope to see you there. Looking forward to seeing all your new stuff at lake anna.:D
yes the imco shorty is on the way, not installed yet, but should be here in the next week. man i cant wait til his boat is done! we are staying at the condos in anna point marina june 8-9. im sure we'll be hanging out at the sand bar friday afternoon up there past christopher run.

rrocky
03-29-2007, 03:51 PM
yes the imco shorty is on the way, not installed yet, but should be here in the next week. man i cant wait til his boat is done! we are staying at the condos in anna point marina june 8-9. im sure we'll be hanging out at the sand bar friday afternoon up there past christopher run. We will see you there.:D :D :D

Wet Dream
04-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Mufflers or baffles are required!!!
Also, the Coast Guard will be there for voluntary inspections of your boat and equipment. These guys are not law enforcement and you will receive a certificate or sticker when you pass. Dave (Grounds For Divorce) will have a list of what they will be inspecting for lake boats if you wish to participate.
On Friday, Kelly will be taking photos of your boat to be forwarded to Hot Boat. The plan so far is to take a number when you get there. From what I understand, you'll take your pics and write up some basic info on your boat so it coresponds with the photo. Then, you're done. She also has the ability to print 8x10 photos that night so you can purchase them.

shirkey4750
04-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Do they give you a windshield to stick the sticker on, or just put it on your forehead?

Wet Dream
04-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Do they give you a windshield to stick the sticker on, or just put it on your forehead?
Forehead John. Right in the middle, but please don't bitch about the tan lines it will leave, or how rediulous you would look with a Coast Guard sticker on your head. :D

Blown Nordic 124
04-01-2007, 03:47 PM
I would like to know the dates of the big fling, hangouts, where all the ***boats will be at motel info. I met some of you hot jetboaters on lake james in oct of last year. Any info you could send my way would be appreciated in advance. look forward to meeting some fellow ***boaters from va and the east coast. any guys from the charlotte area going in june that wouldnt mind someone tagging along let me know.

moparjet
04-02-2007, 03:57 AM
I Was Down At James Last Oct. I Plan On Staying At The Lake Anna Lodge....i Think Others Are Staying At The Hampton Inn

publicnuisance
04-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Also, the Coast Guard will be there for voluntary inspections of your boat and equipment. These guys are not law enforcement and you will receive a certificate or sticker when you pass. Dave (Grounds For Divorce) will have a list of what they will be inspecting for lake boats if you wish to participate.
On Friday, Kelly will be taking photos of your boat to be forwarded to Hot Boat. The plan so far is to take a number when you get there. From what I understand, you'll take your pics and write up some basic info on your boat so it coresponds with the photo. Then, you're done. She also has the ability to print 8x10 photos that night so you can purchase them.
Does this mean we will get busted in June if we don't have mufflers or baffles????????????

Wet Dream
04-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Does this mean we will get busted in June if we don't have mufflers or baffles????????????
You run the risk of getting a fine. The lake requires it by law, and Jack is seriously requesting that everyone have mufflers/ baffles in. We're trying to play nicey-nice with his neighbors. Baffles are nothing more than some sort of device which prohibits the entry of a nightstick. Take it any way you want it, maybe someone can elaborate on the law a littel better. Out of the 500+ boats that have been to Anna, only one was fined for no baffles, and he had turbos.

Mrs. DrySumpJet
04-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I can print up to 11x17 inch. I will bring several sizes of paper.

rrocky
04-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I can print up to 11x17 inch. I will bring several sizes of paper.I want one .I don't know where to go but I will look for all the boats .I am camping at Christopher Run Campground we will be in a 382 Formula and a 26 Velocity.:confused: 272 FORMULA FOR SALE :D :D :D

LynnsJet
04-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I have reservations for Anna at the Lake Anna Lodge from Wednesday to Sunday. I would like to find someone (non-smoker) to share the room and expenses.
PM me if you are interested,
L J

Wet Dream
04-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I want one .I don't know where to go but I will look for all the boats .I am camping at Christopher Run Campground we will be in a 382 Formula and a 26 Velocity.:confused: 272 FORMULA FOR SALE :D :D :D
RRocky, you have to allow PM's to be sent to you, I can't send you anything.

rrocky
04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
RRocky, you have to allow PM's to be sent to you, I can't send you anything.DONE Sorry:confused:

HammerDown
04-11-2007, 02:23 PM
I have reservations for Anna at the Lake Anna Lodge from Wednesday to Sunday. I would like to find someone (non-smoker) to share the room and expenses.
PM me if you are interested,
L J
Contact Jetmech...just in ;) case

LynnsJet
04-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Delaware Dave is going to share the room with me.
Is Amy coming again this year? She was OK after she figured out she wasn't hanging out with kids.

rrocky
04-14-2007, 09:59 PM
RRocky, you have to allow PM's to be sent to you, I can't send you anything. Thanks for all your help see you soon.:D 272 FORMULA WITH 383'S FOR SALE :D :D :D

SpareChange
04-18-2007, 06:03 PM
WOW
This event has really grown since the last time I was there. Congrats to all of those involved:D

LynnsJet
04-19-2007, 10:19 AM
It is a big deal and last year with over 120 boats there it was unbelieveable how many boats with Blower Morors were there. Of course last year, with ***boat being there, attracted a lot of exta boats.
This year should be good. There is a good organization and plenty of things to do and good food and without the distraction of ***boat and the models, etc. there will be a lot more of good partying, socialization and boating.
Hope to see you there

jrod
04-19-2007, 01:49 PM
I understand that there are going to be some pictures taken of the boats and sent to hot boat. What day is that sched. for or is it going to be all weekend? Did hot boat hire those models last year?

drejustice
04-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I think there should be models hanging around regardless whether or not ***boat is there:D Just my 2 cents:)