PDA

View Full Version : IDEAL BOAT STORAGE/I40,95/Next to Terrible's Chevron

Aztec
02-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Hello All,
My partners and I just completed a Boat/RV storage project in Lake Havasu. They're located right off of highway 40 and the 95 exit, on the way to Lake Havasu, right next to the Terrible Herbst Chevron station. They're storage condominiums, so they're for purchase. As most of you probably know, storage condominiums in and around Lake Havasu have doubled in value over the past two years and keep going up. These days it makes more sense to purchase vs. renting, since you will be buying a piece of property that will appreciate over time. If needed, we're working with a bank that offers financing, which will allow you to have a similar monthly payment to what you would pay if you were just renting a space. We had a booth at the LA Boat Show all last week and the sales we made were from people needing storage for themselves, as well as people buying units for investment property.
The size of the units vary from 20-50ft long, 14ft high and 14ft across. All units include lighting and power inside, water spickets outside for washing down your Boat/RV, 24 hour access, 24 hour security, dumpsters and two bathroom/shower facilities.
Most of our marketing efforts have been directed toward the Southern CA boater, that spends most of their boating time at Lake Havasu or the surrounding lakes. Most of this group is tired of towing their boat back and forth as well as spending all that extra money on gas, wear and tear on their vehicles, etc. Our location is ideal, since you can pick up your boat, gas up at the Cheveron/Mini Mart right next door, get ice, drinks, etc. and most importantly, avoid the crowds you usually have to battle once you get into town. The same thing goes for coming home, you get out of the busy town, wash down your boat in front of your unit, take a shower, gas up and head home.
Below is a link for a virtual tour of the project.
http://www.tourfactory.com/317974
Thank you for reading about our project and please feel free to call myself or our realtors (their number is on the virtual tour) with any questions at all. A special ***boat.com discount of $1,000 off the purchase price, will apply for any ***boat.com member. Any referral from a ***boat.com member, that turn into a purchase, I'll send you a $100 American Express gift card for your efforts.
Thank you for your time,
Mark Koenig (Aztec)
cp, 714) 290-4689
makoenig@adelphia.net

andy01
02-18-2007, 06:26 PM
What is pricing? How many units? What are the monthly fees? What is security?
Andy

Aztec
02-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Hello Andy,
We're selling the units for $65 a square ft, we've sold two so far, so there's 147 units left. The monthly fee comes out to be $26/month, which covers water, electricity, 24 hour security, trash pick up and the overall maintenance.
Each owner will have 24 hour access to their unit, by either entering their specific code on the keypad at the front gate, or swiping their driver's license. If you were to rent your unit out to a 3rd party, you would give them your code and if they were delinquent, you could lock the code and keep them from entering.
As I mentioned in the intial SPAM listing, we're offering a $1000 discount to ***boat.com members.
Are you interested in buying units to use yourself, rent or both?
Thank you,
Mark
714) 290-4689

roln 20s
02-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Our Boat Bling booth at the LA Boat Show was across from Mark and their storage booth, so myself and Dr Marg got the opportunity to talk about these storage units in detail, view the plans and really understand everything that they have put into these units. Their prices are very good- myself and some investors looked into building a set of storage units in the middle of no where and our cost was around $30K per unit. When I say middle of no where, it means where nothing else is and dirt (empty desert) is relatively cheap. These are great units and I know they will be very profitable for those that purchase. I would anticipate you renting it out to be VERY easy. I heard 30 year financing is available-- can you confirm this Mark?
Good luck and we'll be talking soon.
Patrick
AKA Roln 20s

2forcefull
02-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Sooooooo, these are around 40k?

andy01
02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Hello Andy,
We're selling the units for $65 a square ft, we've sold two so far, so there's 147 units left. The monthly fee comes out to be $26/month, which covers water, electricity, 24 hour security, trash pick up and the overall maintenance.
Each owner will have 24 hour access to their unit, by either entering their specific code on the keypad at the front gate, or swiping their driver's license. If you were to rent your unit out to a 3rd party, you would give them your code and if they were delinquent, you could lock the code and keep them from entering.
As I mentioned in the intial SPAM listing, we're offering a $1000 discount to ***boat.com members.
Are you interested in buying units to use yourself, rent or both?
Thank you,
Mark
714) 290-4689
Im interested in both owning and renting. Is there also video camaras for security? And what about finacing, any details? Have you hooked up with a lender on these units or should we seek out our own finacing? Just wondering.
Andy

2forcefull
02-18-2007, 09:51 PM
and lets say you did get one for 40k, as an invester, let say you wanted to make 10% on your investment, which is not enough ROI, as an invester.
that would mean you would have to rent it for 375 per mo. and pray it stayed rented and that the renter didn't fill bankrupt and the trustee didn't lock you out. but, that's just a spec. whats the real deal on the units???

Aztec
02-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey Patrick,
Thanks for the complimentary plug and hope all is well with Boat Bling!
We're still working on securing other financing options, our realtor is meeting with 2 banks this week. As of right now, we have 10 and 15 yr loan programs, but I feel that the 30 yr loan is just around the corner.
Thanks again!
Mark Koenig
714) 290-4689
makoenig@adelphia.net

2forcefull
02-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Im interested in both owning and renting. Is there also video camaras for security? And what about finacing, any details? Have you hooked up with a lender on these units or should we seek out our own finacing? Just wondering.
Andy
I'm your huckelberry,10-12% sound good? go'n rates about 16% comercial

Aztec
02-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Andy,
Yes we do have security cameras in place. The financing we're offering is coming from Mojave State Bank, 10 and 15 yr amoritization terms at a rate of approx. 8.9%. We're also keeping our eyes open for longer amoritization terms, so if you find something better, all the power to you.
Feel free to give me a call any time.
Mark
714) 290-4689

Aztec
02-18-2007, 10:31 PM
and lets say you did get one for 40k, as an invester, let say you wanted to make 10% on your investment, which is not enough ROI, as an invester.
that would mean you would have to rent it for 375 per mo. and pray it stayed rented and that the renter didn't fill bankrupt and the trustee didn't lock you out. but, that's just a spec. whats the real deal on the units???
At $65 a square ft, a 40 ft unit is going to cost you approx. $36,400. Our sizes range from 20-50 ft units, with a majority being 40 ft.
As for your ROI, I agree that this is not a short term way to make a ton a money. I do know that every parcel in Phase one of the development we are part of, is sold out. Also, Phases two and three are already under way, with several additional Phases scheduled for the future. The cost of boat storage condos have just about doubled in the last 2 years and keep increasing.
The true immediate value to purchasing one of the storage units, is going to be the convenience and the savings of time/money to the boater that is towing his boat 2, 4, 6, hours one way.
As for the 10-12% financing you offered, if you could offer and 20 and 30 year fixed loan, please let us know.
Thanks,
Mark
714) 290-4689

Aztec
02-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm your huckelberry,10-12% sound good? go'n rates about 16% comercial
Hey 2forcefull,
No bs, if you can provide a 30 yr fixed loan for these units, we could do some business. We've had quite a few inquiries of people wanting 30 yr loans.
Feel free to give me a call or send me your contact number.
Mark
714) 290-4689
makoenig@adelphia.net

2forcefull
02-19-2007, 07:29 AM
here's some monthy payments @ 10% with loan amount of 32k
principal and interest
*10yr= $422.89
*15yr= $343.88
*20yr= $308.81
*30yr= $280.82
that does not include taxes, insurance, cam fees
:)

2forcefull
02-19-2007, 07:33 AM
I put 32k as a ballpark figure with about 10% down:)

Aztec
02-19-2007, 02:16 PM
I put 32k as a ballpark figure with about 10% down:)
Thanks for the info., it was nice talking with you. I'll be in touch.
Mark

dumbandyoung
02-21-2007, 01:14 PM
what are property taxes and association fees?
Does the place have showers? or a place to wash the boat?

acatitude
02-21-2007, 06:36 PM
wash what boat???

acatitude
02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
The size of the units vary from 20-50ft long, 14ft high and 14ft across. All units include lighting and power inside, water spickets outside for washing down your Boat/RV, 24 hour access, 24 hour security, dumpsters and two bathroom/shower facilities.
can't you read young fool............ stay in school

dumbandyoung
02-21-2007, 08:07 PM
wash what boat???
Im just curious.
Why would I buy a storage unit? I have a garage and a bitchn truck to pull with silly.
Gave up on the solo loan thing. Grandma agreed to help me. And your boat is out of my reach so dont say it. lol
...but since i like you ill go give you a bump.

Aztec
02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
It looks like "Blowncarrera" beat me to answering your question, but his answer was right on, thanks!
There will be a monthly association charge of $26.00, which covers water, electricity, trash, insurance, security and maintenace (bathrooms, etc.). The property taxes are separate, just like if you owned a condo as your residence. The county calculates the taxes at .43 cents a square ft. So a 40 ft unit will cost approx. $240/year.
Sorry for the late response, just got back home from my real job. Time for a beer!
Thanks

Hotcobra270
02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
interesting.. I would be coming up from the parker side..
wondering how much covered parking like this would run in that area?
anyone know?

Aztec
02-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Im just curious.
Why would I buy a storage unit? I have a garage and a bitchn truck to pull with silly.
Gave up on the solo loan thing. Grandma agreed to help me. And your boat is out of my reach so dont say it. lol
...but since i like you ill go give you a bump.
If you have a garage and no rent, then I agree, you don't need to buy a unit. But if you are renting, why pay rent to get some guy rich, when you can buy a unit, build equity and when you get to old to go out to the river, you'll be able to sell your unit for a profit.
I don't have a crystal ball, but in the last 2 years, storage condos have just about doubled in price and keep going up. Soon Havasu is going to stop allowing boat storage to be built, since they don't want the entire city to be consumed by them. With this is mind, there will be even more demand and values will go up.
Even if you have a free place and if you primarily go to Havasu, why tow it? But better yet, pick up a unit strictly for an investment and rent it out. Our realtor has a management company that can find renters if need be.
Thanks for the BUMP!

Aztec
02-21-2007, 09:09 PM
BUMP
Nice place Mark and it was nice talking to you on the phone the other day ;)
If I stayed in Havi more often I would be all over one of these :)
Thanks for the BUMP and the finder's fee still stands if you can refer someone over!
Thanks again!

Aztec
02-21-2007, 09:13 PM
interesting.. I would be coming up from the parker side..
wondering how much covered parking like this would run in that area?
anyone know?
Funny, I just hung up with my partner and we were just talking about this. Another one of our friends is looking to buy a unit in Parker, but he's finding that they're very expensive. 100 per sqare ft, vs our units at $65 per square ft.
I can't believe they're asking that much, but it all comes down to supply and demand.

acatitude
02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
so what ever happened with your financing situation???? terms rates etc.

dumbandyoung
02-22-2007, 01:36 PM
If you have a garage and no rent, then I agree, you don't need to buy a unit. But if you are renting, why pay rent to get some guy rich, when you can buy a unit, build equity and when you get to old to go out to the river, you'll be able to sell your unit for a profit.
I don't have a crystal ball, but in the last 2 years, storage condos have just about doubled in price and keep going up. Soon Havasu is going to stop allowing boat storage to be built, since they don't want the entire city to be consumed by them. With this is mind, there will be even more demand and values will go up.
Even if you have a free place and if you primarily go to Havasu, why tow it? But better yet, pick up a unit strictly for an investment and rent it out. Our realtor has a management company that can find renters if need be.
Thanks for the BUMP!
I partner in a place in willow with my gramps. We fit his deck boat and the 3 jetskis in the garage. then we have a roll up door that goes to the backyard where we can fit 2 more boats under a covered patio. I dont boat in havi that much. I mainly stay up near Needles or go up to Mohave so it would be pointless for me to store there. Your place seems pretty cool though. Good luck!..Im sure they will go quick.

Aztec
02-23-2007, 09:06 PM
so what ever happened with your financing situation???? terms rates etc.
We have financing through Mohave State Bank, they're one of the few banks that offer storage condo financing. The terms they offer are a 10 and 15 yr, with rates at approx. 8.8%. Your payment will depend on what ever amount you put down.
With the last 2 units we sold, one buyer used a Home Equity Line of Credit and the other just did a 2nd fixed mortgage on his home.
There's a guy on this thread, that is a private lender and he'll do a 30yr term.
Give me a call if you want the numbers for the lenders?
Thanks,
Mark

Parker Dreamin
02-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Funny, I just hung up with my partner and we were just talking about this. Another one of our friends is looking to buy a unit in Parker, but he's finding that they're very expensive. 100 per sqare ft, vs our units at $65 per square ft.
I can't believe they're asking that much, but it all comes down to supply and demand.
Note the word asking..... i dont think they are selling.

Aztec
02-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Note the word asking..... i dont think they are selling.
I know I wouldn't buy one at $100 a square ft. Units on the water in Havasu are going for $75.

Aztec
02-26-2007, 09:38 PM
$1000 discount for ***boat.com members!!! $100 gift card for any referrals that turn into sales.
Mark
714) 290-4689
makoenig@adelphia.net

4DAY4PLAY
02-26-2007, 10:01 PM
wow....40k for a storage unit? I just did a search of havasu homes and you would be surprised of what you can buy for 150k now that the market has cooled. Maybe im wrong, but I would rather spend the extra 100k on an actual piece of real estate with a home on it, and room to park the boat. just me 2 cents. A few years ago when havasu real estate was red hot...this would have been a great deal, but im not so sur now. Im sorry, but its the truth.

Aztec
02-28-2007, 08:44 PM
wow....40k for a storage unit? I just did a search of havasu homes and you would be surprised of what you can buy for 150k now that the market has cooled. Maybe im wrong, but I would rather spend the extra 100k on an actual piece of real estate with a home on it, and room to park the boat. just me 2 cents. A few years ago when havasu real estate was red hot...this would have been a great deal, but im not so sur now. Im sorry, but its the truth.
Thanks for your "2 cents". I agree if someone wants a house in Havasu, it makes complete sense to buy a home versus just buying a storage unit. Although a house is a bit more of an investment than a storage unit, not to mention the maintenance, taxes, etc. Most of the people that have bought units from us so far, were in the market for a convenient, clean, safe and secure place to keep their boat, with minimal to no maintenance needed. They were also tired of renting and making someone else money, when they can own their own unit and build equity just like you would on any other piece of property.
Like any real estate market, you'll have your ups and downs, but with the growth projected for Havasu as well as the surrounding areas, it's only a matter of time before the market picks up again. In fact, I agree the market has slowed down a bit, but when that happens the smart investor buys. Buy low, sell high!
Thank you

2forcefull
03-01-2007, 07:03 AM
so, how many have you sold?, any off this spam add???
drove by, do you own all that are built, or is there two builders in there

Aztec
03-01-2007, 09:53 PM
so, how many have you sold?, any off this spam add???
drove by, do you own all that are built, or is there two builders in there
4 so far, nothing from ***boat.com, but we've received several inquiries. I expect we should get some pretty good activity soon, since the word is out and people will be looking for us as they start heading to the river in the next couple months.
We're the project closest to the Chevron station

Aztec
03-05-2007, 08:24 PM
4 so far, nothing from ***boat.com, but we've received several inquiries. I expect we should get some pretty good activity soon, since the word is out and people will be looking for us as they start heading to the river in the next couple months.
We're the project closest to the Chevron station
Check out the link t our virtual tour!

Aztec
03-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Check out the link t our virtual tour!
Just wanted to remind you all that ***boat.com members get a $1,000 off the purchase of a unit. The best units are selling first, so if you want to get the best spot before the season starts, don't wait too long!!!
Please feel free to check out our virtual tour on the first message of this thread.
Thank you and give us a call with any questions at all,
Gateway Recreational Vehicle Storage
928) 486-9981 or 928) 486-0793

Aztec
03-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Just wanted to remind you all that ***boat.com members get a $1,000 off the purchase of a unit. The best units are selling first, so if you want to get the best spot before the season starts, don't wait too long!!!
Please feel free to check out our virtual tour on the first message of this thread.
Thank you and give us a call with any questions at all,
Gateway Recreational Vehicle Storage
928) 486-9981 or 928) 486-0793
It's getting warm, check out our virtual tour the beginning of this thread!!!