PDA

View Full Version : Race at Laughlin, Neveda

GN Nostalgia Racer
04-15-2003, 07:38 PM
there is a proposal to put a race on at Laughlin, Neveda on the last weekend of May (May 31/June 1)
There may be a "flat bottom only" Nostalgia Class, if there is enough interest and participation. There will be no entry fee to pay and each boat crew will be given a free room Friday and Saturday night. The race site will be north of the bridge at Davis Camp ground SCSC personnel are putting on the race. If there is anyone out there who is interested, call me Jim at (626) 337-9621 if you want to run. This is a deal of a life time.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-15-2003, 08:42 PM
Jim, Is this the "Laughlin Riverdays" race that the Superstock Association ran previously (except last year)??? Jerry

GN117 Big Dawg
04-15-2003, 09:26 PM
I was just sitting here wondering, if those guy's that were whinning and snivling about that jet guy squirting them, and those GN's tearing up the water, oh yeah the one guy could not deal with a cracker box and an old hydro/tunnel deal making the water bumpy, I was wondering if they have the hangy down parts to put a boat count together for Laughlin that will allow for an exclusive class for the flatties. Or is the only thing that they are capable of is tearing down the efforts that an entire community of dedicated, hard working and totally unselfish folks whose only reward is the satisfaction of giving you good folks a place to race your boats. I was just wondering.

LeE ss13
04-16-2003, 06:37 AM
If I recall the water at Laughlin, a Jet Boat, a few GNs and a Cracker Box mixed into a heat could hardly make the course much worse than it always is. I would be more worried that if I didn't have floatation in the boat and it went over, the fast current and the rocks on the bottom would grind whatever is hanging down into hamburger. Just my $.02

GN Nostalgia Racer
04-16-2003, 07:27 AM
I have had a few responses for the races and probably have enough flatbottoms to make a separate race. We will not run combined boats. From a purely safety standpoint,flat bottoms would only run with other flat bottoms. no crackers, jets or v-bottoms would run together. I have one committed v-bottom with a potential for 4. I have at least 4 flat bottoms who would run. I need at least 6 confirmed to put us on the road.

GN Nostalgia Racer
04-16-2003, 07:28 AM
yes, jerry it is one and the same

Stab-n-Steer
04-16-2003, 07:34 AM
GN,
I've heard talk that a group of Crackers may show up... With the incentive of free rooms and travel money (or so I've heard) they may get a good turn out.
S&S

blondie#1
04-17-2003, 07:08 PM
CJ & I are talking. argue We might be able to figure out a way of coming down. :( Let you know more later. idea wink

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-17-2003, 08:55 PM
blondebombshell:
CJ & I are talking. argue We might be able to figure out a way of coming down. :( Let you know more later. idea wink O.K., its later...whats the gig????? And whos gonna be driving what??? :D :D

CircleJerk
04-17-2003, 11:30 PM
JG...She liked the FREE stuff but didnt have a clue as to where Laughlin was! That beats a 2 for one linen sale or '80% off while supply lasts',deal! Am I painting a clear picture???? wink If we go anywhere long distance, it will be Burley and tempt others to follow us there...Afterall, we have a four to five race schedule now and hope to make a Seattle Ski and Drag Club race also now that she has a legal boat for PS or SS. smile_sp

Stab-n-Steer
04-18-2003, 06:28 AM
Heard last night that the Promoter worked out a deal with the Crackerbox Racing Club and 10-12 boats will be there... No Super Stocks as they will be in Red Bluff that weekend.
S&S

LeE ss13
04-18-2003, 06:45 AM
They're one week apart. Red Bluff is May 23-25th. The Laughlin deal is May 31 - June 1.

superdave013
04-18-2003, 07:06 AM
GN Nostalgia Racer:
There will be no entry fee to pay and each boat crew will be given a free room Friday and Saturday night. Now how cool is that!
Read that againg guys? NO ENTRY FEE AND FREE ROOM!!

GofastRacer
04-18-2003, 07:32 AM
superdave013:
GN Nostalgia Racer:
There will be no entry fee to pay and each boat crew will be given a free room Friday and Saturday night. Now how cool is that!
Read that againg guys? NO ENTRY FEE AND FREE ROOM!! Dave, check your PM!.. :)