PDA

View Full Version : I hope teams pitch around him.........

Ziggy
02-19-2007, 09:01 AM
all year long. Bonds doesn't deserve to get a chance at the record IMO.

Not So Fast
02-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Once again I agree TOTALLY with you. NSF

jbone
02-19-2007, 09:24 AM
The Pads will pitch to him, they always do and he beats them almost every time.
Oh, wait... Bochy is gone. Maybe we won't pitch to him with 2 outs in the ninth and a runner on second.
I actually saw that once and he hit a dinger off Hoffy. We lost the game after having a 1 run lead in the ninth.
J

Baja Big Dog
02-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Maybe he will O.D.!!

DILLIGAF
02-19-2007, 09:42 AM
As a Giants fan I say F BONDS! I am tired of him.

fatboy95
02-19-2007, 09:52 AM
As a Giants fan I say F BONDS! I am tired of him.
Well stated. He is not as great as Aaron and does not deserve a shot at setting a new HR record. And, why are they using that much payroll to sell him to the fans? They need a bullpen and $15 mil would go a long way.
my 2c

Ziggy
02-19-2007, 11:32 AM
IMO, the Giants just wanted the attention. Bonds is going to be a distraction much like TO is to the Cowboys, except I don't believe Bonds is as talented.....................more like tainted.

WET HULL
02-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I am going to make enemies here, but I will say that strength is only a small part of hitting homers. Bonds has alot of talent that is not taught, and definetly not learned by taking steroids. There are huge roid freaks out there that could'nt hit water if they fell out of a boat. Then you have to ask yourselves " would the game be as interesting if guys were not hitting these towering homers and throwing a fast ball @ 96 on average when there only 5'10". I do not like Bonds and the way he conducts his fan interactions, but he does deserve as a baseball player a chance at this just like any other athlete. I think that roids should be allowed because its makes the game funner to watch, and you cant regulate them anyways, and kids are going to do them to get to the next level regardless if legal or not.

HavasuSelect
02-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I am going to make enemies here, but I will say that strength is only a small part of hitting homers. Bonds has alot of talent that is not taught, and definetly not learned by taking steroids. There are huge roid freaks out there that could'nt hit water if they fell out of a boat. Then you have to ask yourselves " would the game be as interesting if guys were not hitting these towering homers and throwing a fast ball @ 96 on average when there only 5'10". I do not like Bonds and the way he conducts his fan interactions, but he does deserve as a baseball player a chance at this just like any other athlete. I think that roids should be allowed because its makes the game funner to watch, and you cant regulate them anyways, and kids are going to do them to get to the next level regardless if legal or not.
I agree with you to an extent. First off I'm a Dodger fan and I hate everything about Bonds and the Giants. The man was an amazing athlete and would have been a 1st ballot HOF. 500 HR/500 stolen bases is just ridiculous.
strength is only a small part of hitting homers. Bonds has alot of talent that is not taught, and definetly not learned by taking steroids.
Once again I agree with you to an extent. The man was talented. But you can't discount strength. How many warning track shots do you see all year by different hitters. If they were on the juice just think of what those extra 5 ft would do.....
I think that roids should be allowed because its makes the game funner to watch
Baseball has the richest history of any sport. To allow players to have advantages that others didnt have 30,40,50,80 years ago is wrong. The history is what makes baseball great. I understand that home runs make the game exciting but who would you rather see in the record books Babe Ruth or Sammy Sosa????

WET HULL
02-19-2007, 02:21 PM
I agree with all of what you said. Those warning track players would hit them over most likely but not 550 ft, and would they hit the warning track 720 times in their career? Its hard to say. The reason I say allow roids is that as spectators and baseball as a buisness we demand so much from these guys that to excell and stand out as a player you need to be on another level. I love the old school players, and I have watched that whole 10 video baseball documenty a few times, but the reality is those days are over and will never come back. Roids are proven to be bad for you and I agree with that 100% and would never take them myself, but it is their bodies and bottom line hitting 15 homers a year will earn you a minor league contract at best unless you are a outstanding defensive player. Even with those skills there are a thousand guys just as good in that area. All I am really saying is that Bonds, Mcguire and the others provided great entertainment. Its sucks to see Hank's record go, but Bonds will do it fewer at bats and less games. That should earn the guy a little respect. It sucks to justify these things, because I love pure baseball and played it all my life. GO Padres!!:D

Baja Big Dog
02-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Can all the crap above, the guy has NO personality conducive to baseball, the players, the fans, period.................... He's a idiot

MR HARLEY
02-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I agree, all teams need to pitch around this disgrace to the game.