PDA

View Full Version : Any truth to the new gang initiation rumor?

Tremor Therapy
02-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Heard a rumor today about a new gang initiation. They drive their car around at night with no lights on, and if you flash them, they turn around and kill everyone in your car.
I heard it from a guy who is pretty reliable....anybody know if this is true, or heard anything about this?

BOOGEYMAN
02-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I have heard the exact same thing!!!

frdvschvy
02-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Old news. Heard this at least 10 years ago. I flash my brights at everybody with their lights off and have never been killed (at least that I know of :) )

C-2
02-19-2007, 03:50 PM
I heard it from a guy who is pretty reliable....anybody know if this is true, or heard anything about this?
WAS pretty reliable. Do a quick Internet search (I'm too lazy).:D :D

core attitude
02-19-2007, 03:56 PM
http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/pullover.asp
I would still be careful........it could always catch on. :eek:

Biglue
02-19-2007, 04:00 PM
This put people in a panic years ago. Where the hell do these rumors start? :rolleyes:

f_inscreenname
02-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Ya, that's a old one.

acatitude
02-19-2007, 04:20 PM
note to self---------- never again be nice and flash lights at guy with lites out

Ziggy
02-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Where the hell do these rumors start? :rolleyes:
From people who are "pretty reliable". :D :D :D
I remember reading about it several years ago too.

jtmarten
02-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Heard that one about 20 years ago, never heard whether or not it was true.

Screemy1
02-19-2007, 04:37 PM
I deal with young gang bangers and the wanna bee's everyday at work, the only initiation that targets non gang types are crimes against alone women.... because the kids are to pu_ _y to attack anything else... when you see reports of young punk punches woman in face and steal purse... or young punk bradishes firearm and steal purse.... you don't see these scum targeting men..... or groups.... and as for the lights flashing.... why flash brights at them, simpley turn your headlights off and on two to three times to flash, gets a person's attention more and they realize right away their lights are off, the flashing of the brights sometime is not noticed or the person miss reads why you flashed them.....

Moe_Havi
02-19-2007, 04:44 PM
From now on when anybody comes at you without their lights on, don't flash them, immediately turn around, catch up to them and kill them all before they get you. Simple solution to the gang problem too.
Moe

Big Warlock
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
old BS rumor. Snopes on line is the best place to look for this crap. But why do people even believe this? :D Honestly. Crazy crap.

vee-driven
02-19-2007, 04:54 PM
i heard that years ago, i just shoot at them first. lol

vmjtc3
02-19-2007, 05:39 PM
From now on when anybody comes at you without their lights on, don't flash them, immediately turn around, catch up to them and kill them all before they get you. Simple solution to the gang problem too.
Moe
This post is right on target.......so to speak:D

little rowe boat
02-19-2007, 06:25 PM
I flash my lights all the time, they come after me they will all DIE.

RiverToysJas
02-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Just to be safe we should kill everyone driving at night with no lights! ;)
RTJas :D

Tremor Therapy
02-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Funny...I showed the guy who told me this the Snopes page, and he insists that it is true. I guess he just lept off the reliable ledge! :D

Nord
02-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Thats how I was initiated back in 87 ;)

HocusPocus
02-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Old news. Heard this at least 10 years ago. I flash my brights at everybody with their lights off and have never been killed (at least that I know of :) )
that story is at least 10 years old.... and i have never been killed either.

uvindex
02-19-2007, 08:50 PM
So just how old is this one? :D
From Snopes:
"Although print references to this scare date back to 1993, anecdotal information takes it back to the early 1980s when a reader in Montana heard the Flash me if you dare! Hell's Angels bike gang in California was said to be initiating inductees in this fashion. By 1984 the story had spread to Eugene, Oregon and had by then changed into a tale of Black and hispanic street gangs in Los Angeles targeting white people. "Flash your headlights and have a prospective gang member kill you as part of his initiation" legends have been with us for more than twenty years, something that should be kept in mind as hysteria builds during new outbreaks of this panic.
In August 1993, a major outbreak of this scare swept the United States as the legend spread quickly with the help of fax machines and e-mail forwards."

Biglue
02-19-2007, 08:54 PM
hispanic street gangs in Los Angeles targeting white people.
Ahhh shit just so we're clear....I was never a gang member. :D

Liberator TJ1984
02-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Soooo.......Who Snopes ? Snopes ? :confused:
Snopes is just a coverup scandal by our leaders to herd the sheep in the direction intended for malicious purposes :D

uvindex
02-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Snopes is just a coverup scandal by our leaders to herd the sheep in the direction intended for malicious purposes :DTin foil hat guy agrees! :D
http://www.digitalfox.com/digitalfox/johnf-ingkerry/foilhat_files/foil5.jpg

beyondhelpin
02-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Just to be on the safe side, I am going to just open up with the 45 on anyone with their lights off. One can never be to safe!:D

73kona455
02-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Tin foil hat guy agrees! :D
where can i buy one of those hats?.. looks like it could be a good idea..lol
:eek: :D :D :)

uvindex
02-20-2007, 07:55 AM
where can i buy one of those hats?.. looks like it could be a good idea..lol
:eek: :D :D :)I'll sell you one--***boat special price only $49.95! ;) :D

AltarGirl
02-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Wasn't this in the movie "Urban Legend?" Some horror movie like that I think.

SmokinLowriderSS
02-20-2007, 04:55 PM
This was a BS rumor back in the early '90's when I had a night job (2nd job) delivering pizza, and it is still a BS rumor 15 years later. :sleeping:
Early October 2001 one of my NCO's in my guard unit (reliable people) got an e-mail from his mom (reliable person) that she got from somebody (reliable) about some arab male who left a note for his now-ex G/F when he left and vanished not to go to malls on Haloween 2001 (terrorist bombs).
He got REALLY pissed when another of my NCO's threw both a Snopes page, and the FBI's page printoffs at him, posted just below his posted e-mail on the bulletin board.
He turned out to not be very "reliable", which was further noted overseas by me and others. :idea:

CA Stu
02-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Funny...I showed the guy who told me this the Snopes page, and he insists that it is true. I guess he just lept off the reliable ledge! :D
Tell this genius that the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS "leapt"

IT'SONLYMONEY
02-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Heard a rumor today about a new gang initiation. They drive their car around at night with no lights on, and if you flash them, they turn around and kill everyone in your car.
that rumor has been going around since the early 90's wouldn't sweat it unless you live in compton

CA Stu
02-20-2007, 05:14 PM
that rumor has been going around since the early 90's wouldn't sweat it unless you live in compton
I heard, in the early 90's, that San Antonio is just like Compton.
Thanks
CA Stu

2Driver
02-20-2007, 05:33 PM
If you add, driving with the blinker on" you just described 80% of the drivers in Sun City.

lawbreaker2
02-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I have heard this many years ago, and to this day, anybody driving up behind me with there lights out, well I just make a quit lane change, like if I did'nt see them, and They turn them on very quickly as their going though the center strip.:D

RiverToysJas
02-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah, that's how my uncle and his family were killed. :(
RTJas :D

disco_charger
02-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Mock this man if you must, but he'll have one of the few uncompromised brains when the invasion starts. :eek:

IMPATIENT 1
02-20-2007, 09:30 PM
lol:D we don't have that kinda trouble here in okla., everyone here is packing.i've got a concealed license and so do most hunters in the state. in okla. we gots lots o guns, and we use em;)
do you guys remember back in the late 90's when a sniper was killing people coming outta the wal-mart in a small town in okla.? its was my town and i sold the guy that rifle:( (legally) dude went crazy because someone killed his rottweiler and went fishing in his catfish farm:jawdrop: no joke.

catman-do
02-21-2007, 08:42 AM
I remember hearin about this on the news back in the early 90's. Something about some crips sent a fax to the cops with that written on the note. Nothing ever came of it. They shoot, i shoot back.

TAF
02-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Flashed my brights on a cop on Lyons Ave, Newhall (1981) cause his were off and I got pulled over ASAP. I explained I thought my brights were on because they were so bright and I wanted to turn them off. I certainly wasn't going to tell him he was in the wrong. I got no ticket, thankfully.:D

TAF
02-21-2007, 08:54 AM
lol:D we don't have that kinda trouble here in okla., everyone here is packing.i've got a concealed license and so do most hunters in the state. in okla. we gots lots o guns, and we use em;)
do you guys remember back in the late 90's when a sniper was killing people coming outta the wal-mart in a small town in okla.? its was my town and i sold the guy that rifle:( (legally) dude went crazy because someone killed his rottweiler and went fishing in his catfish farm:jawdrop: no joke.
There are crazies every where and you never know what it takes to set off even those you'd think aren't crazy until it's too late.
I think I'll go find a happier thread to post in now.:D

Propster
02-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Yep, urban legend.
Think about it, if the gangbanger wanna-bees were trolling for vicims with their lights off, they would risk getting pulled over by the cops with a car full of guns. The cops would probably shoot them or arrest them depending on the juristiction.